Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,504 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says (1847 Views)

Lying Evangelicals On Trump's Re - Election / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by faithsurvey: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2021
30% of US evangelicals does not believe that Jesus is God, survey says.

-52% of American adults also believe that Jesus was a great teacher, but he is not God.

According to a preliminary release on the findings of the 2020 State of Theology survey, 52% of American adults believe that Jesus was a great teacher, but he is not God.

Among those surveyed who identified as evangelicals, 30% agree that Jesus was merely a great teacher". The report also confirmed that nearly 65% still agreed that Jesus was created by God.

Ligonier Ministries' biennial State of Theology survey “provides key findings on what Americans think about God, truth, the Bible, worship, and ethical issues”, the authors say.

It was made along with LifeWay Research, which surveyed a representative sample of 3,002 US adults, including 630 professing evangelicals, from March 10 to 18, 2020.

“Statistics like these can give us quite a shock, but they also shed light on the concerns that many American Christians and churches have expressed for decades". Stephen Nichols, chief academic officer of Ligonier Ministries and president of Reformation Bible College, pointed out.

You may also read the following by clicking on them:

(1)Why a Vatican Roman Catholic Priest Converted to Islam

(2)How A U.S. priest Craig Fenter converted to Islam

(3)How ex- Hindu accepted Islam"

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by obonujoker(m): 8:12am On Apr 18, 2021
Jesus Christ is God the son
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 18, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Am not surprise at this outcome. With the way pastors join same sex marriages, that's not Christ like. An aberration being reprobated as moral.

Now, everybody has his own belief. The facts is most of us are christain without the "ENCOUNTER". No man ever scale through this " "ENCOUNTER" and sees Jesus as a teacher or what ever.

The end is near !!
That is why I hate religion with passion all this things and believes are embedded in this so called 'religion'. The relationship with God is the best.

Jesus is God take it or leave it.
You just can't fake that facts !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by oranget(m): 8:23am On Apr 18, 2021
In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God....
And the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us and we have seen the glory, glory as of the only son from the Father

Whatever that means, maybe is hidden from the sight of those US evangelicals

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 8:57am On Apr 18, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Am not surprise at this outcome. With the way pastors join same sex marriages, that's not Christ like. An aberration being reprobated as moral.

Now, everybody has his own belief. The facts is most of us are christain without the "ENCOUNTER". No man ever scale through this " "ENCOUNTER" and sees Jesus as a teacher or what ever.

The end is near !!
That is why I hate religion with passion all this things and believes are embedded in this so called 'religion'. The relationship with God is the best.

Jesus is God take it or leave it.
You just can't fake that facts !
God bless you brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2021
This survey to me looks very false because very few of those Christians read their bible so it is practically impossible to know the true identity of Jesus.

Even without reading the bible, common sense should tell the average Christian worshiper that Jesus is God. Why do I say so? Because it is in His name we offer prayers. The moment you pray in the name of anything, that thing automatically becomes your God.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Jesuschristus: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2021
Common sense should tell anyone that Jesus isnt God, how will God die??

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by faithsurvey: 11:39am On Apr 18, 2021
Jesus is reported yo have prayed: "Eli Eli lama sabactani." Meaning : "My God my God why have you forsaken me". This shows 100% that Jesus is not a god.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by xproducer: 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
faithsurvey:
Jesus is reported yo have prayed: "Eli Eli lama sabactani." Meaning : "My God my God why have you forsaken me". This shows 100% that Jesus is not a god.
-----------

We do not understand the nature of GOD unless He reveals Himself to us, which He mercifully does -
"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

The Lord JESUS, the CHRIST is GOD!
"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

One of His many wonderful names is the mighty GOD! (Also see Revelations 1:7-8 )... and GOD says He is the only GOD there is!

"Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me." - Isaiah 45:21

"I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior." - Isaiah 43:11

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

Only GOD = JESUS the CHRIST saves us from sin and death!

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

1 Like

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by faithsurvey: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2021
JESUS HIMSELF SAID THAT HE WAS SENT BY GOD. THE "SENT" AND THE "SENDER" CAN NOT BE THE SAME.

John 4:34
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent me,

John 6:38
not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent me.

Mathew 15:24
But He (Jesus) answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Luke 4:43
but He (Jesus) said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.”

Mark 9:37
and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent me.

Mark 12:29
Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

John 6:40
And this is the will of Him who sent me,

John 7:16
Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent me.

John 7:28
and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent me is true, whom you do not know.

Mathew 26: 39 and
Mark 14:35
He (Jesus) went a little farther and fell on his face, and prayed, (to his God)

John 7:29
But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent me.”

John 8:26
but He who sent me is true;”

John 8:42
for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent me.

John 11:42
that they may believe that You sent me.”

John17:8
and they have believed that You sent me.

John 13:20
and he who receives Me receives Him who sent me.”

Mark 10:18,
Luke 18:19 and
Mathew 19:17
Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

Luke 4:18
He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted,

John 9:4
I must work the works of Him who sent me

Some other places to read about Jesus been sent.

John 5:30 , John 5:36 , John 5:37 , John 6:39, John6:44 , John 6:57, John 7:33, John 8:18, John 8:28, John 8:29,

John,12:44, John 14:24, John 16:5
John, 15:21, John 5:24, John16:10, John 17:23, John 17:25 , , John 20:21, John 44:49, Mathew 10:40, Luke 9:48, Luke 10:16

And many more.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2021
faithsurvey:
JESUS HIMSELF SAID THAT HE WAS SENT BY GOD. THE "SENT" AND THE "SENDER" CAN NOT BE THE SAME.

John 4:34
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent me,

John 6:38
not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent me.

Mathew 15:24
But He (Jesus) answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Luke 4:43
but He (Jesus) said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.”

Mark 9:37
and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent me.

Mark 12:29
Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

John 6:40
And this is the will of Him who sent me,

John 7:16
Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent me.

John 7:28
and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent me is true, whom you do not know.

Mathew 26: 39 and
Mark 14:35
He (Jesus) went a little farther and fell on his face, and prayed, (to his God)

John 7:29
But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent me.”

John 8:26
but He who sent me is true;”

John 8:42
for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent me.

John 11:42
that they may believe that You sent me.”

John17:8
and they have believed that You sent me.

John 13:20
and he who receives Me receives Him who sent me.”

Mark 10:18,
Luke 18:19 and
Mathew 19:17
Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

Luke 4:18
He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted,

John 9:4
I must work the works of Him who sent me

Some other places to read about Jesus been sent.

John 5:30 , John 5:36 , John 5:37 , John 6:39, John6:44 , John 6:57, John 7:33, John 8:18, John 8:28, John 8:29,

John,12:44, John 14:24, John 16:5
John, 15:21, John 5:24, John16:10, John 17:23, John 17:25 , , John 20:21, John 44:49, Mathew 10:40, Luke 9:48, Luke 10:16

And many more.
The Sent is there Sender. Jesus had two natures : a divine nature and a human nature which is why sometimes He spoke as man, and other times He spoke as God.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Janosky: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
obonujoker:
Jesus Christ is God the son

Not in your Bible, from Genesis to Revelation
God Almighty is not a son to anybody.
grin
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Janosky: 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
xproducer:

-----------

We do not understand the nature of GOD unless He reveals Himself to us, which He mercifully does -
"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

The Lord JESUS, the CHRIST is GOD!
"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

One of His many wonderful names is the mighty GOD! (Also see Revelations 1:7-8 )... and GOD says He is the only GOD there is!

"Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me." - Isaiah 45:21

"I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior." - Isaiah 43:11

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

Only GOD = JESUS the CHRIST saves us from sin and death!

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

1 John 5:7 is a fake.
Johannine Comma is a forgery of men.

Matthew 27:46, Can Man kill God? Who was God crying to for help?

Revelation 3:5,12, who did your God call "my Father", "my God"?
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Janosky: 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ammishaddai:
The Sent is there Sender. Jesus had two natures : a divine nature and a human nature which is why sometimes He spoke as man, and other times He spoke as God.

Any proof?
How can the Sent be the sender simultaneously?
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
[s]
Janosky:

Any proof?
How can the Sent be the sender simultaneously?
[/s] This topic is for Christians not Jehovah witnesses who accept Michael as their Lord and savior. grin
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by xproducer: 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
Janosky:

1 John 5:7 is a fake.
Johannine Comma is a forgery of men.

Matthew 27:46, Can Man kill God? Who was God crying to for help?

Revelation 3:5,12, who did your God call "my Father", "my God"?
==========================

I already explained all this. There are many mysteries of GOD... this one (1 John 5:7) in the infallible, holy word of GOD is what I proffer, yet you dispute it!

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

----
I cannot make you see... only GOD can, only GOD does... so pray to mercifully see!

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Janosky: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
xproducer:

==========================

I already explained all this. There are many mysteries of GOD... this one (1 John 5:7) in the infallible, holy word of GOD is what I proffer, yet you dispute it!

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

----
I cannot make you see... only GOD can, only GOD does... so pray to mercifully see!

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5

Bros, I will dispute whatever is NOT genuine. grin

When you conduct research, examine these 6 Bible translations below:

1* New International Version
For there are three that testify:

2* New Living Translation
So we have these three witnesses—

3* English Standard Version

4* Berean Study Bible

5* Berean Literal Bible
For there are three bearing testimony:

6* King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one"

@ 1 John 5:7, King James Bible is different from others, and research further, use any reference Bible with Concordance.
Bros will discover @ 1 John 5:7 KJV is NOT genuine.

The truth remains the truth.
Your quote of 2 Timothy 3:16, 1 Corinthians2:14 etc , does NOT change the fact that @ 1John5:7 , KJV is NOT genuine.

Shalom.

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Janosky: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] This topic is for Christians not Jehovah witnesses who accept Michael as their Lord and savior. grin

The truth wey your Trinity mentors done confirm as far back as 1599.
You come this forum dey showcase your ignorance gleefully
grin grin grin

Topic Exposition
Michael in the Bible
bibletopicexpo bibletopicexpo
6 years ago

Advertisements

Writers of the Bible books occasionally would use a symbolic, poetic, secondary or changed name for a place, instead of its usual name. For example, a poetic name for Israel is Jeshurun, meaning “upright one”. De.33:5 “He was king in Jeshurun, the tribes of Israel together.” A poetic or symbolic name for Jerusalem is Ariel, “lioness of God.” Is.29:1 “Woe to Ariel, the city where David dwelt.” Jerusalem also came to be called Zion. Ps.51:8 “Do good to Zion; build the walls of Jerusalem.”

Some Bible characters have more than one name. For example: Abram/Abraham Ge.17:5 “Your name is no more called Abram, your name shall be Abraham.” Jacob/Israel Ge.32:28 “Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but Israel.” Saul/Paul Ac.13:9 “Saul, who was also known as Paul.”

In the Bible, our Savior (Lk.2:11) has many, many titles and names. e.g: Jesus/Yeshua Mt.1:21, Emmanuel Mt.1:23, Christ/Messiah Mt.1:16/Jn.1:41, Word/Logos Jn.1:1,14, Branch Je.23:5, Angel/Messenger Ga.4:14, Rock 1Co.10:4, Son of Man Mt.12:8, Son of God Mt.8:29. And more.

A theophany is an appearance of the Deity to man. Many believe that Melchisedek, who appeared to Abram in Ge.14:18-20, is a theophany. He.7:1-4 “Melchisedek, likened to the Son of God, how great this (one) was, to whom the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth.” He was even Abraham’s superior! Many think the theophany or christophany of Melchisedek was a manifestation of the Word/Logos, prior to the human Jesus. (see the topic “Melchisedek Order Priesthood”.)

Who is Michael? The name Michael (Strongs h4317 Hebrew) occurs 13 times in the Old Testament (OT), 10 times as a theophoric (a human name with the name/title of God embedded within). The 3 verses where Michael doesn’t refer to a human are all in Daniel: 10:13, 21, 12:1. There are 2 New Testament (NT) occurrences of this Michael (g3413 Greek): Jude 9 and Re.12:7. Michael means “Who is like God.”

In Daniel 10, it is thought that the angel Gabriel (Da.9:21) came to help Daniel. Gabriel said in Da.10:13 Youngs Literal Translation (YLT): “Michael, first of the chief heads [or princes h8269 sar], has come to help me.” The reformers’ 1599 Geneva Bible footnote, “Michael, that is, Jesus Christ the head of angels.” Benson Commentary Da.10:13 “Michael, whose name is sometimes given to Christ Himself.” Matthew Poole Commentary “Michael, this we take to be Christ.”

Da.10:20-21 YLT “There is not one strengthening himself with me, concerning these, except Michael your head [or prince h8269].” Gill Exposition “Michael your Prince; Christ the Prince of the kings of the earth, he was the Prince, [/b]Protector, and Guardian of the people of the Jews; he is the Angel that went before them in the wilderness, their King and their God.”

[b]The Hebrew “sar” (h8269) is translated as “head, prince, commander, chief, captain, ruler”.

Da.12:1-2 YLT “’At that time Michael, the great head [h8269], is standing up for the sons of thy people. And the multitude of those sleeping in the dust of the earth do awake.” Michael stands prior to resurrection! Matthew Henry Commentary “Michael signifies the Divine Savior. Christ stood for the children of our people.” Gill Exposition Da.12:1 “The Archangel, the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ, who is as God, as the name signifies, truly and really God.”

So the above commentaries say Michael is another of Jesus’ names. Let’s compare other scriptures to see if Michael could indeed have been another name of Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew & Aramaic).

Is.9:6 is a messianic prophecy about the “Sar Shalom”, the Prince (h8269) of Peace: “A Child will be born to us. His name will be called Wonderful, Mighty God, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace.” Jesus is the prophesied Prince of Peace, the Sar Shalom.

We saw a mighty spiritual Prince/Head/Commander (sar h8269) in Da.10:13, 20-21. Another passage about the “Commander” (or Prince/Head h8269) of the “host” (h6635) is Da.8:11: “The little horn even set itself up to be as great as the Commander [h8269] of the host of the Lord.” Da.8:25 “He will even oppose the Prince of princes [Commander of commanders, all are h8269]. Yet he will be shattered, but not by human hands.” The great Commander/Prince/Head of the Lord’s army does the shattering!

In Jsh.5:13-15, the Commander (Prince/Head/Chief h8269) of YHVH’s angelic host appeared to Joshua, saying: “I have come as Commander of the Lord’s army [host h6635]. Remove your sandals, for the place where you stand is holy.” Orthodox Bible note, “The chief whom tradition holds to be the Archangel Michael.” Pulpit Commentary “The majority supposed it to have been the archangel Michael. He who spoke to Joshua was a Divine Person.” So it was mandatory that Joshua remove his sandals. The place where the Commander stood was holy. Joshua fell on his face in reverence.

Moses’ experience in Ex.3:1-6 is similar to Joshua’s in that respect: “The angel [Messenger h4397 malakh] of YHVH appeared to him in a blazing fire from a bush. God called to him from the midst of the bush. ‘Remove your sandals for you are standing on holy ground. I Am the God of your fathers.” The Angel or Messenger of YHVH is also God! Moses must remove his sandals, as Joshua must!

Alfred Edersheim The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, Appendix 13, 1:2:b “Michael is also supposed to have been the Angel in the bush.”

Your Trinity mentors are telling you to RECEIVE SENSE.
Jesus is called the Angel of the Lord (Yahweh)

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
[s]
Janosky:

The truth wey your Trinity mentors done confirm as far back as 1599.
You come this forum dey showcase your ignorance gleefully
grin grin grin

Topic Exposition
Michael in the Bible
bibletopicexpo bibletopicexpo
6 years ago

Advertisements

Writers of the Bible books occasionally would use a symbolic, poetic, secondary or changed name for a place, instead of its usual name. For example, a poetic name for Israel is Jeshurun, meaning “upright one”. De.33:5 “He was king in Jeshurun, the tribes of Israel together.” A poetic or symbolic name for Jerusalem is Ariel, “lioness of God.” Is.29:1 “Woe to Ariel, the city where David dwelt.” Jerusalem also came to be called Zion. Ps.51:8 “Do good to Zion; build the walls of Jerusalem.”

Some Bible characters have more than one name. For example: Abram/Abraham Ge.17:5 “Your name is no more called Abram, your name shall be Abraham.” Jacob/Israel Ge.32:28 “Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but Israel.” Saul/Paul Ac.13:9 “Saul, who was also known as Paul.”

In the Bible, our Savior (Lk.2:11) has many, many titles and names. e.g: Jesus/Yeshua Mt.1:21, Emmanuel Mt.1:23, Christ/Messiah Mt.1:16/Jn.1:41, Word/Logos Jn.1:1,14, Branch Je.23:5, Angel/Messenger Ga.4:14, Rock 1Co.10:4, Son of Man Mt.12:8, Son of God Mt.8:29. And more.

A theophany is an appearance of the Deity to man. Many believe that Melchisedek, who appeared to Abram in Ge.14:18-20, is a theophany. He.7:1-4 “Melchisedek, likened to the Son of God, how great this (one) was, to whom the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth.” He was even Abraham’s superior! Many think the theophany or christophany of Melchisedek was a manifestation of the Word/Logos, prior to the human Jesus. (see the topic “Melchisedek Order Priesthood”.)

Who is Michael? The name Michael (Strongs h4317 Hebrew) occurs 13 times in the Old Testament (OT), 10 times as a theophoric (a human name with the name/title of God embedded within). The 3 verses where Michael doesn’t refer to a human are all in Daniel: 10:13, 21, 12:1. There are 2 New Testament (NT) occurrences of this Michael (g3413 Greek): Jude 9 and Re.12:7. Michael means “Who is like God.”

In Daniel 10, it is thought that the angel Gabriel (Da.9:21) came to help Daniel. Gabriel said in Da.10:13 Youngs Literal Translation (YLT): “Michael, first of the chief heads [or princes h8269 sar], has come to help me.” The reformers’ 1599 Geneva Bible footnote, “Michael, that is, Jesus Christ the head of angels.” Benson Commentary Da.10:13 “Michael, whose name is sometimes given to Christ Himself.” Matthew Poole Commentary “Michael, this we take to be Christ.”

Da.10:20-21 YLT “There is not one strengthening himself with me, concerning these, except Michael your head [or prince h8269].” Gill Exposition “Michael your Prince; Christ the Prince of the kings of the earth, he was the Prince, [/b]Protector, and Guardian of the people of the Jews; he is the Angel that went before them in the wilderness, their King and their God.”

[b]The Hebrew “sar” (h8269) is translated as “head, prince, commander, chief, captain, ruler”.

Da.12:1-2 YLT “’At that time Michael, the great head [h8269], is standing up for the sons of thy people. And the multitude of those sleeping in the dust of the earth do awake.” Michael stands prior to resurrection! Matthew Henry Commentary “Michael signifies the Divine Savior. Christ stood for the children of our people.” Gill Exposition Da.12:1 “The Archangel, the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ, who is as God, as the name signifies, truly and really God.”

So the above commentaries say Michael is another of Jesus’ names. Let’s compare other scriptures to see if Michael could indeed have been another name of Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew & Aramaic).

Is.9:6 is a messianic prophecy about the “Sar Shalom”, the Prince (h8269) of Peace: “A Child will be born to us. His name will be called Wonderful, Mighty God, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace.” Jesus is the prophesied Prince of Peace, the Sar Shalom.

We saw a mighty spiritual Prince/Head/Commander (sar h8269) in Da.10:13, 20-21. Another passage about the “Commander” (or Prince/Head h8269) of the “host” (h6635) is Da.8:11: “The little horn even set itself up to be as great as the Commander [h8269] of the host of the Lord.” Da.8:25 “He will even oppose the Prince of princes [Commander of commanders, all are h8269]. Yet he will be shattered, but not by human hands.” The great Commander/Prince/Head of the Lord’s army does the shattering!

In Jsh.5:13-15, the Commander (Prince/Head/Chief h8269) of YHVH’s angelic host appeared to Joshua, saying: “I have come as Commander of the Lord’s army [host h6635]. Remove your sandals, for the place where you stand is holy.” Orthodox Bible note, “The chief whom tradition holds to be the Archangel Michael.” Pulpit Commentary “The majority supposed it to have been the archangel Michael. He who spoke to Joshua was a Divine Person.” So it was mandatory that Joshua remove his sandals. The place where the Commander stood was holy. Joshua fell on his face in reverence.

Moses’ experience in Ex.3:1-6 is similar to Joshua’s in that respect: “The angel [Messenger h4397 malakh] of YHVH appeared to him in a blazing fire from a bush. God called to him from the midst of the bush. ‘Remove your sandals for you are standing on holy ground. I Am the God of your fathers.” The Angel or Messenger of YHVH is also God! Moses must remove his sandals, as Joshua must!

Alfred Edersheim The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, Appendix 13, 1:2:b “Michael is also supposed to have been the Angel in the bush.”

Your Trinity mentors are telling you to RECEIVE SENSE.
Jesus is called the Angel of the Lord (Yahweh)

grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/s] This lengthy nonsense is copied from watchtower liars who regularly masturbate with the truth. Abeg, just show us one scripture of the bible where it is expressly stated that Jesus is Angel Michael grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by psychalade: 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
Jesus is a fictitious character invented by the Romans.

The Jesus character is an adaptation of various older religioussic characters from all across the globe i.e Apis, Buddha, Dionysus, Ela, Horus, Krishna, Merlin, Osiris, Romulus, Serapis e.t.c

Especially Horus the son of Isis and Osiris.

Pyramid Texts dated Horu's rule as Pharoah of KM.T c. 2400-2300 BCE.

Furthermore, the Jesus character is a continuation of the worship of the Serapis image.

Serapis Christos is the name of the Greco-Roman god that was worshiped back in those days.

Serapis Christus came about as a result of the Greeks plagiarising their own fake god ‘Serapis'.

Serapis came about as a result of Ptolemy (I) also known as Soter. The followers of the church of Soterism were the original Christians until the Romans manufactured todays Christianity making use of the same fake Hellenistic concepts.

The Romans assimilated the image of Serapis Christus as well as his doctrine of salvation.

This is alleged to have taken place at the Ecumenical Councils assemble by the Roman Emperor Constantine.

The Romans manufactured their version of Christianity before making it into their official religion.

Prior to the Roman manufacture of Christianity, they Romans and Greeks worshiped Serapis Christus alongside Isis and Horus. Even the Roman Emperor Caligula built a double Temple in honour of the African Goddess Au-Set.

The Romans then invented the Jesus character and gave him Serapis status of “Christ”, went on to burn all the books in their vicinity and went on a killing spre under the pretence that their newly created religion gave them the right to cause havoc all around the globe.

The Romans invented the Jesus character in order to pacify a militaristic rebel group present in the Palestinian regions.

And later the Romans would manufactured their version of Christianity and used it against their own peasants before exporting their campaigns of terror around the globe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1hUeRDYtE
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Janosky: 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] This lengthy nonsense is copied from watchtower liars who regularly masturbate with the truth. Abeg, just show us one scripture of the bible where it is expressly stated that Jesus is Angel Michael grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
*Ammishaddai is a LIAR grin cheesy
Google "Michael in the Bible | Bible Topic Exposition". The link will open.

https://bibletopicexpo./
2015/05/13/michael-in-the-bible/

Daniel 10:13-15
1599 Geneva Bible

13 "But the [a]prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but lo, [b]Michael one of the chief princes, came to help me, and I remained there by the Kings of Persia.

14 Now I am come to show thee what shall come to thy people in the latter days: for yet the [c]vision is for many days.

15 And when he spake these words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and held my tongue."

Footnotes
a. Daniel 10:13 Meaning, Cambyses who reigned in his father’s absence, and did not only for this space hinder the building of the Temple, but would have further raged, if God had not sent me to resist him, and therefore have I stayed for the profit of the Church.

b. Daniel 10:13 Though God could by one Angel destroy all the world, yet to assure his children of his love, he sendeth forth double power, even Michael, that is, Christ Jesus the head of Angels"

Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself.

* The 1599 Geneva Bible is 51 years older than your King James Version of 1611 wey dey DECEIVE una.
The 1599 Geneva Bible and the KJV were published from the same Textus Receptus manuscript.

As far back as 1599, Your Trinity mentors knew that Archangel Michael is Jesus Christ, the Head of Angels.
Bros, go and teach this truth to your Pastorpreneurs and Churchpreneurs

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 12:00am On Apr 20, 2021
[s]
Janosky:

Daniel 10:13-15
1599 Geneva Bible

13 "But the [a]prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but lo, [b]Michael one of the chief princes, came to help me, and I remained there by the Kings of Persia.

14 Now I am come to show thee what shall come to thy people in the latter days: for yet the [c]vision is for many days.

15 And when he spake these words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and held my tongue."

Footnotes
a. Daniel 10:13 Meaning, Cambyses who reigned in his father’s absence, and did not only for this space hinder the building of the Temple, but would have further raged, if God had not sent me to resist him, and therefore have I stayed for the profit of the Church.

b. Daniel 10:13 Though God could by one Angel destroy all the world, yet to assure his children of his love, he sendeth forth double power, even Michael, that is, Christ Jesus the head of Angels"

Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself.

* The 1599 Geneva Bible is 51 years older than your King James Version of 1611 wey dey DECEIVE una.
The 1599 Geneva Bible and the KJV were published from the same Textus Receptus manuscript.

As far back as 1599, Your Trinity mentors knew that Archangel Michael is Jesus Christ, the Head of Angels.
Bros, go and teach this truth to your Pastorpreneurs and Churchpreneurs

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/s] It seems you have a hard time reading and comprehending, which makes me wonder if you really pass any exam in your life. I said show me the verse of the Bible where Jesus or his disciples addressed Him as Michael. grin

P. S: I do not need footnotes ;just a scripture that says Jesus is Michael cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Janosky: 12:15am On Apr 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] It seems you have a hard time reading and comprehending, which makes me wonder if you really pass any exam in your life. I said show me the verse of the Bible where Jesus or his disciples addressed Him as Michael. grin

P. S: I do not need footnotes ;just a scripture that says Jesus is Michael cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are LYING and making a mockery of yourself and the institution you received your tertiary education.
Half baked mumu grin grin grin grin
Bros, SHAME ON YOU .

TUEH !
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 2:26am On Apr 20, 2021
[s]
Janosky:

You are LYING and making a mockery of yourself and the institution you received your tertiary education.
Half baked mumu grin grin grin grin
Bros, SHAME ON YOU .

TUEH !
[/s] Please do not derail our topic with your online tantrums. Kindly show me the verse where it is written that Jesus is Michael. Period. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 4:42am On Apr 20, 2021
I think the issue here is people misunderstand the meaning of “oneness”

The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are members of the God head. They are three, but yet they are One (in the sense that they are a team, they share the same “mind”, and pursue the same goals)

For example, a football team is one team, but is made up of 11 players. Likewise, the Godhead is one team made of players playing their roles to achieve a common goal.

Philippians 2 v 5-9 shows you the Father and the Son are different members of the same team;

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

John 17 also makes something clear about oneness which simply means different members making up a “single team”
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 5:04am On Apr 20, 2021
John 17 v 20-23;

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;

21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:

23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

John 17 v 21 clearly explains what oneness means.

Jesus wants us to be one with him just as he’s one with God.

So for example, that Jesus wants all believers to be one with him doesn’t necessarily make me and Ammishaddai and Janosky exactly the same person. We’re one team. Same logic applies to the God head of the Father, Son & Spirit.

In summary, oneness means one team... not “one individual”
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 7:34am On Apr 20, 2021
OkCornel:
John 17 v 20-23;

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;

21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:

23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

John 17 v 21 clearly explains what oneness means.

Jesus wants us to be one with him just as he’s one with God.

So for example, that Jesus wants all believers to be one with him doesn’t necessarily make me and Ammishaddai and Janosky exactly the same person. We’re one team. Same logic applies to the God head of the Father, Son & Spirit.

In summary, oneness means one team... not “one individual”
So what about Philippains 2:9? Or John 14:9? Bros, Jesus is God except you to don't agree with what Jesus said about Himself
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 9:35am On Apr 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
So what about Philippains 2:9? Or John 14:9? Bros, Jesus is God except you to don't agree with what Jesus said about Himself

I quoted Philippians 2 v 5-9

Read all the verses in there and don’t pick just one out of context.

The Father is not the Son. Simple and short.

Even the Philippians 2 v 9 you’re referring to, how many persons were involved in that verse? 1 or 2.

They are one (one team), but different players.

Read John 17 v 20-23 again, and see what “oneness” means there.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 9:38am On Apr 20, 2021
Lol, people automatically think God just refers to the Father.

Of course Jesus is “God” in this sense;

“God” the Father
“God” the Son = Jesus and everyone led by the Spirit of God
“God” the Spirit

One team, different players.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 10:55am On Apr 20, 2021
OkCornel:

I quoted Philippians 2 v 5-9

Read all the verses in there and don’t pick just one out of context.

The Father is not the Son. Simple and short.

Even the Philippians 2 v 9 you’re referring to, how many persons were involved in that verse? 1 or 2.

They are one (one team), but different players.

Read John 17 v 20-23 again, and see what “oneness” means there.
You did not read the verse and you quickly jumped to a conclusion to an unrelated scripture. But the fault is mine. The proper verse was Colossians 2:9, which say " the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form dwells in Jesus ". This and many other scriptures point to the fact Jesus is God. Another verse that undeniably states that Jesus is God was when Philip expressly stated He wanted to know Jesus' Father(John 14:9-11). That scripture alone seals the deal regarding the identity of Jesus. This is simple but I know you have your own views regarding this but, if you choose not to accept those verses as the words of Jesus, kindly argue that with Him in person
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by OkCornel(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Ths verse 9 says the fulness of the Godhead dwells bodily in Jesus. That means he is your God.

Is the Father also the Son?

How many persons were referred to in Philippians 2 v 9? 1 person or 2 people?

Replace “him” with “God the father” in that verse and see if it makes any sense at all. It doesn’t, because the Father is not the Son.

They’re all different players making up the One God head. It’s not difficult to comprehend.
Re: 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says by Ammishaddai: 11:04am On Apr 20, 2021
OkCornel:

Is the Father also the Son?

How many persons were referred to in Philippians 2 v 9? 1 person or 2 people?

Replace “him” with “God the father” in that verse and see if it makes any sense at all. It doesn’t, because the Father is not the Son.

They’re all different players making up the One God head. It’s not difficult to comprehend.
I updated my post. Read it again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Be Free To Question And Critically Analyze My Beliefs And Religion. / Framework For Assessing Mythological Heroes Such As Jesus, Zeus, Oedipus / Islam Vs Christianity: A Shocking Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.