Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria (19454 Views)

Many Dental Procedures Lack Scientific Backing, Data Review Finds / Doctors Develop Procedures That Could Delay Menopause For 20 Years / 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by addicted268(f): 1:26am On Aug 03, 2018
I pulled mine at apapa health centre 2013.it was totally painless except for the corner of my lips that was bruised n bleeding cos of the constant contact with d instrument.give or take I spent 20mins on the table, after which I was given pain relief drugs for when the injection wore off,blue seal vaseline for my bruised lips and one pepsodent toothpaste.
I know most people who have tooth ache n need extraction but are too scared to go.i always advices them to do it and save themselves the pain cos toothache is one of the most painful things in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by misskungfup: 4:09am On Aug 03, 2018
Luth dental clinic
ShinyJay22:
Please can cryyou recommend a good clinic where one can get braces at an affordable cost?
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by misskungfup: 4:23am On Aug 03, 2018
missioner:

No you cant,The best and only option for malocclusion is orthodontic treatment.i'd advise you go to a teaching hospital its cheaper there.
please pardon my manners. Are you an authority on dental issues?
I want to ask if it's possible for someone to deliberatly go for extraction and then request for denture in the case of misalignment?
perhaps because of the cost of braces and the long period it takes.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by dania30(f): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2018
EmekaMD:
thank you Dania..
Can you give me estimate of how much to expect?

Privates are usually very very expensive and I can't say cos it depends on the severity of your misalignment. But ubth may be fair say 300k or there about. Orthodontic practises are usually very expensive sha but definitely worth it!
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by SarakiBukola: 6:51am On Aug 03, 2018
doctorregular1:
impacted molars ..not compacted molars . I know u r not a dentist .

Yes i am not. Just a client....

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by EmekaMD(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2018
dania30:

Privates are usually very very expensive and I can't say cos it depends on the severity of your misalignment. But ubth may be fair say 300k or there about. Orthodontic practises are usually very expensive sha but definitely worth it!
oh okay..
Thanks so much for the Intel
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by madgoat(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2018
TemmyWon:

Uhnnn! Bros please last last each extraction is 10k dentures would be like 15k for both. Ahaa shocked shocked

Should you lie? Maybe a carpenter did it for you

Keep quiet there. What do you know? Do you think prices are the same in all clinics? Removal of one impacted 3rd molar can be as high as 50K in some clinics and as low as 10K. It all depends on the doctor, clinic, location and the set down tarrif being used.
And stop saying rubbish about dentures. The last molars are usually not replaced by dentures.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by TemmyWon(f): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2018
MartinCorridon:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

15k was just for consultation, where will you do 2 teeth for 15k? A surgical procedure where the jaw is broken to reach in? grin grin grin

Maybe you did it in 1980.

I did it in ilorin, Kwara State, 1 single one in 2013 for 45k, 2 in 2017 for 97k (after the Dollar crisis and rise in cost of materials)

One would be very stupid to go to a cheap establishment when your facial nerve is in danger of being damaged.

It would be far more expensive in places like Lagos and Abuja.

Stick to what you know and stop saying nonsense. Dentistry is very expensive
Maybe you should actually try to get more value for less hard earned money. I'm talking dentures not implants, if you did dentures at 97k go back there, sue them for fraud and get your money back. See me for more details
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by madgoat(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2018
missioner:

I want to ask if it's possible for someone to deliberatly go for extraction and then request for denture in the case of misalignment?

It depends. You will need to be examined physically.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by philfrey08: 9:50am On Aug 03, 2018
dbynonetwork:

I will never forget the most horrific day of my life, it happened two months ago... I had severe tooth pain so I decided to see a dentist because I couldn't endure the pain. After the dentist (a young man) examined my tooth( upper pre-molar) without any medical equipment, he suggested I should choose between tooth refilling or extraction. I settled for tooth extraction. Immediately he started the extraction process. He injected the first anaesthetia to numb my gum, my gum felt normal (note: each anaesthetic dosage is injected twice or more on both sides of the gum close to the aching tooth). Then came the second dosage, my gum felt the same not numb yet... He tried pulling my tooth and I screamed so hard, he stopped. He injected the third dosage, repeated the same process of pulling my tooth that still did not work.. At this point he used a sharp hook like object to prick my jaw hardly to know if I felt pain.. Since the third dose did not work he injected the fourth dose then tried pulling my tooth .He did the same until the fifth dose.. At this point I shouted, though my voice was no more audible because my jaws and chin were swollen blood over.. I told him that he is trying to use force to detach my tooth from my skull. The dentist became confused, not knowing what to do he had to call a senior colleague.. I was given the 6th, 7th and 8th dosage with tooth pulling after each dosage... Finally I was told to come back after two days. I discontinued the tooth extraction, and yet no refund of the money I paid..

There are many quack medical practitioners everywhere we just need to be careful...

So the tooth didnt shift at all?
and if it did, you are carrying it like that?
How are you enduring the pain?
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by TemmyWon(f): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2018
missioner:

Really you should see a dentist. There are many bad practitioners so try to work by recommendation. I couldn't even get diagnosis until my third dentist because it was a rare condition
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Sewasaunt(f): 10:05am On Aug 03, 2018
[quote author=TemmyWon post=69925189]

Maybe you should not reply to everything you see on Nairaland because in trying to sound intelligent you may sound the other way sometimes.

1. Impacted teeth are extracted surgically (not the routine extraction which can also be more than 10,000 in Ikoyi and environs by the way) and can cost up to 50,000 in different centres ma'am
2. If he said he had pain during an extraction, who are you to accuse him of lying? Extractions should be painless but things happen, maybe the dentist wasn't so experienced, maybe he needed to have more local anaesthesia and he didn't get any. Why not read about causes of failure of local anaesthesia online. Educate yourself, then think before replying to posts. Also, impacted third molars are not replaced with dentures ma'am.

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Sewasaunt(f): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2018
[quote author=Thayorla101 post=69925822][/quote]

Implants are 2,000$ on the average

other options of replacing missing anterior teeth include
1. Removable denture (5-10k per one)
2. A bridge (permanent) 30k and above for each prepared tooth and you may need two teeth to support one)
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Sewasaunt(f): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2018
doctorregular1:
impacted molars ..not compacted molars . I know u r not a dentist .

He didn't say he was a dentist. Dear Lasuth dental student, we have seen you. How are you? Your set should be preparing to round up now.

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by dbynonetwork: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2018
philfrey08:

So the tooth didnt shift at all?
and if it did, you are carrying it like that?
How are you enduring the pain?

That dental clinic is a scam..... Presently I am very okay except light neglible pain on that region.. I can now chew food with the tooth..
A friend told me that the tooth was suppose to be medically examined, placed on drugs for a week then If no improvement the tooth can be extracted or refilled..
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Moji12(f): 11:08am On Aug 03, 2018
God knows I need number 2,7,&12. Make I begin de save money.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Moji12(f): 11:08am On Aug 03, 2018
God knows I need number 2,7,&12. Make I begin de save money. grin grin
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 5:43am On Aug 04, 2018
Pls visit clinicaid.com.ng and chat up with the number available for WhatsApp messages. Thanks.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 5:48am On Aug 04, 2018
ShinyJay22:
Please can you recommend a good clinic where one can get braces at an affordable cost?
.Pls visit clinicaid.com.ng and chat up with the number available for WhatsApp messages. Thanks.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 5:50am On Aug 04, 2018
EmekaMD:
Who knows of any good orthodontist for braces anywhere in Nigeria?
Pls visit clinicaid.com.ng and chat up with the number available for WhatsApp messages. Thanks.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 5:51am On Aug 04, 2018
missioner:

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 5:52am On Aug 04, 2018

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 5:53am On Aug 04, 2018
missioner:

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 5:54am On Aug 04, 2018
WarriAproko:
Please need to fill a front tooth..How much will it cost.one of the teeth is half
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 5:56am On Aug 04, 2018
abbertee:
i want to do my braces , where shall i go
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Clinicaid(m): 6:00am On Aug 04, 2018
Thayorla101:
Please how much does it cost to implant a front tooth in Nigeria
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by EmekaMD(m): 6:40am On Aug 04, 2018
Clinicaid:
thanks
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by TemmyWon(f): 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=Sewasaunt post=69946211][/quote]
Maybe if you'd read my post with objectivity you'd have realised that I was laying out all the options besides the guy with the fake pain later commented that it was psychological.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by doctorregular1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lol... I am fine doc and u? . Yes ooo. d thing don tire me. We r "prepping" for our finals already. However, there is no fixed date for our exams yet... we r looking at September or October this year. We need ur prayers.
Thanks!
Sewasaunt:

He didn't say he was a dentist. Dear Lasuth dental student, we have seen you. How are you? Your set should be preparing to round up now.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by doctorregular1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lol... I am fine doc and u? . Yes ooo. d thing don tire me. We r "prepping" for our finals already. However, there is no fixed date for our exams yet... we r looking at September or October this year. We need ur prayers.
Thanks!
Sewasaunt:

[quote author=Sewasaunt post=69946511]

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by doctorregular1(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Yes i am not. Just a client....
don't mind me ooo.. Oversabi will not kill me. My earlier comment was just to educate u... Not to mock u.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Sewasaunt(f): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
doctorregular1:
Thanks!

...what if I am not a 'doc'? Your post initially sounded a bit haughty that was why I replied. I have seen your reply to him. Best wishes!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG To Vaccinate Nigerians In Church On Sundays / Face Masks Now Optional, COVID-19 Restrictions To Go Soon – FG / How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.