Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria (19460 Views)

Many Dental Procedures Lack Scientific Backing, Data Review Finds / Doctors Develop Procedures That Could Delay Menopause For 20 Years / 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by IsaAbubakar: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
[s]
MartinCorridon:
I once removed 2 compacted molars (not due to lack of dental hygiene) at 97k

Ladies & Gents take care of your teeth
[/s]
Nonsense trash

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by MartinCorridon: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash

My good sheikh. How is Kebbi? i have to buy you an official car to be following me around and for your loyalty. grin
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Platony(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
DonDemu:
MESSAGE OF HOPE: This is the first time the common masses have their own Presidential Candidate.

IF THEY DON’T KNOW, WE KNOW.

Nigeria has 60 Million voting capacity but only 11 Million use to participate in an election. So if they like let all 109 Senators and 360 Reps including some Governors decamp to any political party of their choice.

Muhammadu Buhari as a person is more powerful than their party and we, the masses voted them because of Buhari. Our duty is to mobilize and canvass more good people to get their PVC.

As we can see now, looters are back to their base, more are still going, its not yet over.

2019 general election is between the Masses and gang of Looters.

........ if you’re with us, then Say it loudly #iStandWithBuhari2019

WE STAND WITH A MAN OF HONOR CHARACTER AND INTEGRITY.

Fulani Herdsmen fall on you!!

Rubbish!! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by GBASKY: 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
DonDemu:
MESSAGE OF HOPE: This is the first time the common masses have their own Presidential Candidate.

Nigeria has 60 Million voting capacity but only 11 Million use to participate in an election. So if they like let all 109 Senators and 360 Reps including some Governors decamp to any political party of their choice.

Muhammadu Buhari as a person is more powerful than their party and we, the masses voted them because of Buhari. Our duty is to mobilize and canvass more good people to get their PVC.

As we can see now, looters are back to their base, more are still going, its not yet over.

THUNDER FIRE YOU . BIG FOOL ASS HOLE FROM A NONENTITY SHIT HOLE FAMILY WITH NO FUTURE AND HOPE

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by ShinyJay22(m): 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
Clinicaid:

Source: https://clinicaid.com.ng/common-dental-procedures-nigeria/
Please can you recommend a good clinic where one can get braces at an affordable cost?
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by EmekaMD(m): 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Who knows of any good orthodontist for braces anywhere in Nigeria?
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2018
I need to remove one of my left molar last last the thing dey give me problem signs embarassed
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by biggy26: 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
DonDemu:

Between Nigerians and blood sucking demons.
You suck blood at night and smile in the morning and expect Nigerians to suffer another 4yrs of bloodletting? No way!
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by missioner(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
Clinicaid:

Source: https://clinicaid.com.ng/common-dental-procedures-nigeria/

please pardon my manners. Are you an authority on dental issues?
I want to ask if it's possible for someone to deliberatly go for extraction and then request for denture in the case of misalignment?
perhaps because of the cost of braces and the long period it takes.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by rajicks(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
This is so informative.

Good to know these stuff.

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Thayorla101: 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Deo1986:
depends on the materials, the cheapest is around 65k in a public hospital.
thanks for the info
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by WarriAproko: 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
Please need to fill a front tooth..How much will it cost.one of the teeth is half
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by WarriAproko: 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
Urgent reply
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

Why patronizing quacks? Toot removal should be a painless procedure
psychological I meant... D dentist gave me an injection @ d spot b4 removal
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
TemmyWon:

Uhnnn! Bros please last last each extraction is 10k dentures would be like 15k for both. Ahaa shocked shocked

Should you lie? Maybe a carpenter did it for you
psychological oh
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by krisdzhon: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
dbynonetwork:

I will never forget the most horrific day of my life, it happened two months ago... I had severe tooth pain so I decided to see a dentist because I couldn't endure the pain. After the dentist (a young man) examined my tooth( upper pre-molar) without any medical equipment, he suggested I should choose between tooth refilling or extraction. I settled for tooth extraction. Immediately he started the extraction process. He injected the first anaesthetia to numb my gum, my gum felt normal (note: each anaesthetic dosage is injected twice or more on both sides of the gum close to the aching tooth). Then came the second dosage, my gum felt the same not numb yet... He tried pulling my tooth and I screamed so hard, he stopped. He injected the third dosage, repeated the same process of pulling my tooth that still did not work.. At this point he used a sharp hook like object to prick my jaw hardly to know if I felt pain.. Since the third dose did not work he injected the fourth dose then tried pulling my tooth .He did the same until the fifth dose.. At this point I shouted, though my voice was no more audible because my jaws and chin were swollen blood over.. I told him that he is trying to use force to detach my tooth from my skull. The dentist became confused, not knowing what to do he had to call a senior colleague.. I was given the 6th, 7th and 8th dosage with tooth pulling after each dosage... Finally I was told to come back after two days. I discontinued the tooth extraction, and yet no refund of the money I paid..

There are many quack medical practitioners everywhere we just need to be careful...

Omg! That was suicidal! I once had similar instance of a failed anaesthetia. Fortunatly, when the 2nd dose was administered, my Jaw became numb and the dentist was able to extract my lower molar in peace.

Hope you were able to get a solution elsewhere? I perceive strongly, the anaesthia must have substandard, hence its ineffectiveness.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Ollyt75(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
missioner:

please pardon my manners. Are you an authority on dental issues?
I want to ask if it's possible for someone to deliberatly go for extraction and then request for denture in the case of misalignment?
perhaps because of the cost of braces and the long period it takes.

Braces would've been the best option provided you have the money and you are patient enough. Coz its effect is gradual and also require regular visitations to the clinic. But if you are not financially buoyant, and you care for your esthetic, you can go for extraction of the anterior teeth only. Denture or bridge can then be done in the dental lab to replace the teeth extracted depending on you financial level

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2018
GBASKY:

THUNDER FIRE YOU . BIG FOOL ASS HOLE FROM A NONENTITY SHIT HOLE FAMILY WITH NO FUTURE AND HOPE
Your fagg*t father most have had his penis forced to leak sperm in ur momma smelly vajayjay to conceive you
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by dykedarlyn(m): 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2018
Pls I need contacts for a dentist around owerri, I need to correct my dental arrangement
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by doctorregular1(m): 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2018
MartinCorridon:
I once removed 2 compacted molars (not due to lack of dental hygiene) at 97k

Ladies & Gents take care of your teeth
impacted molars ..not compacted molars . I know u r not a dentist .
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Xtianvic(m): 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2018
dykedarlyn:
Pls I need contacts for a dentist around owerri, I need to correct my dental arrangement
go down to FMC there is a dental department there
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
i want to do my braces , where shall i go
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2018
abbertee:
i want to do my braces , where shall i go

EmekaMD:

https://platinumdental.com.ng
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by dania30(f): 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
EmekaMD:
If u are in Benin u could try Shalom Orthodontic Clinic. That's where I'm using. I hear ubth is cool too
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by dania30(f): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
WarriAproko:
Please need to fill a front tooth..How much will it cost.one of the teeth is half
Depends on the hospital. Privates are usually expensive, say 10-15k.
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by EmekaMD(m): 12:35am On Aug 03, 2018
dania30:

If u are in Benin u could try Shalom Orthodontic Clinic. That's where I'm using. I hear ubth is cool too
thank you Dania..
Can you give me estimate of how much to expect?
Re: 13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria by Ejika48(f): 12:35am On Aug 03, 2018
Those saying the removal was painful means u visited a quack and as for the price.....guy u went to a packaging hospital niyen nau.... I took one tooth out last year at Randle general hospital Yaba lagos n it was just 3k n I bought drugs worth 1k5. I was scared at first thinking it was a general hospital, but immediately I was injected the chin, jaw, n everything on that side died asin became heavy. N the doctor came n took the pains of six years away in seconds! After one hour d gum n everything was back to normal n no pains till I got home till date I haven't had any pains what so ever. My seven year old daughter also took one out last week for just 2k at the same place n after d same procedure she didn't feel any pain till date d dad was even surprised! N now she can eat well. So u see. Go to Randle. I present to you my experience with tooth extraction! Hope u learned something?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Face Masks Now Optional, COVID-19 Restrictions To Go Soon – FG / How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? / Twitter User Who Requested For Donations Reportedly Turns Out To Be Scam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.