Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

'we're Going Nowhere'-abuja Prostitutes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'we're Going Nowhere'-abuja Prostitutes (12056 Views)

Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes / Video- We're going to Create UNEMPLOYMENT- Goodluck Jonathan / Bankole Defects To SDP, We're Unmoved - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'we're Going Nowhere'-abuja Prostitutes by oisehumen(m): 11:44am On Jun 24, 2010
Is love-peddling a good profession?
sometimes we get too sentimental about so of these issues that we leave the realities on ground.
As at today, the Nigerian constitution does not allow love-peddling unlike some countries in the world, e.g Holland.
So, Abuja is only trying to enforce the Nigerian constitution.

I do not see anything bad or wrong in what the government is doing to get the city rid of them.
I expect us to support this decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'we're Going Nowhere'-abuja Prostitutes by Ranoscky(m): 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2010
^^^bone that matter, after much-much we'll know if prostituting will continue in ABJ or not.
abi u don forget say na naija we dey? when some big hotel managers go give'am bribe, no be person go tell'am make 'em commot eye for dia make the gurls dey hustle dia money dey go.

***but it's funny how some peeps thinks that i'm in support 4 a gurl to go for prostituting to make an end meet***

make una no think'am O, i just dey tell una what naija is all about O! afterall dat1 na be part of naija's problem.
Re: 'we're Going Nowhere'-abuja Prostitutes by sulakishop(m): 9:38am On Jun 25, 2010
I believe that one of those corporate sex workers must have duped that man somehow before he decided to spoil business for them. Let the government apply the method used in the Niger-delta so that the girls will embrace amnesty and be rehabilitated, Abi I dey lie?
Gbam!!! grin grin grin cheesy shocked tongue
Re: 'we're Going Nowhere'-abuja Prostitutes by rhymz(m): 10:41am On Jun 25, 2010
Reminds me of Jay's lines
I got 99 problems but a bitch aint one.
All these self-righteous muslim extremists that are devoid of ideas. What has prostitution got to the with the price of a cup garri or rice. . . Fools with misplaced priorities. . .it is one thing to say you want to restrict their job to certain areas and places but to tell them to Vacate Abuja is pure nonsense, na the FCT minister papa get Abuja? What good will it do anyway? Just want to score some cheap moral points, like that's the moral malaise plaguing the country. Buncha unintelligent, overused, overspent and recycled fatheads chasing smoke and groping in the dark!
Re: 'we're Going Nowhere'-abuja Prostitutes by rhymz(m): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2010
oisehumen:

Is love-peddling a good profession?
sometimes we get too sentimental about so of these issues that we leave the realities on ground.
As at today, the Nigerian constitution does not allow love-peddling unlike some countries in the world, e.g Holland.
So, Abuja is only trying to enforce the Nigerian constitution.

I do not see anything bad or wrong in what the government is doing to get the city rid of them.
I expect us to support this decision.

Sir,
The situation here has nothing to do with your moral views, while you condemn prostitution and call for them to be gotten rid off, you fail to marshal out plan to rehabilitate them. It is easy for you to sit in your arm-chair and give a thousand reasons why it is bad because you are not in their shoes. You and I know different government officials make policies and jettison them halfway, why would I want to support an out-of-nowhere policy borne out somebody's personal moral convictions? So because he is minister, he can make any drastic decisions that will affect the lives of a lot of ppl at his whims & caprices without any well laid out plan to cater for their social welfare? When these girls are arrested and taken to the police stations, do you know what those scumbags that call themselves police officers do to them? Prostitution is just like any other societal problem, it has been in existence for centuries, obviously, it can't be eradicated, it can only be contained or controlled. Telling prostitutes to vacate Abuja and giving ultimatums is a violation of their right to freedom, why will anyone tell sb else to leave Abuja like they own the place. If he is actually geniune with his intentions then he should come up with feasible solutions that works for everyone. Prostitution is a profession whether you choose to acknowledge that fact or not, I am yet to see any country that do not have her own share of the profession. As a matter of fact, even in the USA Sex is an industry on its own and it sells too, hence the lure. It is you who is being sentimental here, sir.
Re: 'we're Going Nowhere'-abuja Prostitutes by Ranoscky(m): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2010
^^^U'v said it all!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser / Ubah Set As Anambra's Otedola / Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.