Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) (53718 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Jummie1(f): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
haha kilode! Nitori wedding fah Igbo amaka ooo

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by sacramento1212: 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
Obibrows:
the list is ok. sum everything up, it cant be more than 300k.

It's more than 300k. How much is Cow and Goat as per the demand in the list? Though many of those things listed there can be negotiated anyway but the guy in question should budget nothing less than 500k for fulfillment of that list.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Lordofthewest(m): 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
Tell me why their daughters won't end up as hoelosho

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
is always the poor parents that will insist the son inlaw brings all those things a rich man will not rather contribute to it.
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
jolyment:

Where in the North?
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by sacramento1212: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
ndy87:
this doesn't still look huge in my eye, meanwhile in the far north of crs babes are given out with a keg of palm wine only even as a graduate or whatever degrees you have and it boils my heart.

Uyai, mkpo abadie? Afo ato nmo ke CRS?

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by rhythyson: 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
HABAAAA

FIFA approve football for wetin nah grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by bluefilm: 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
The price of just one pussy.

Chai

Africa, I hail o...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Rajahbite(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
The list is not conclusive, in Akwa Ibom traditional marriage (at least I know about the Annangs and Ibibios) there is what is termed "bargaining of the list".
This simply put means that the husband-to-be(and his people) are expected to bargain on the amount of items on the list. I've seen situations where ten cartons on the list is reduced to five or even less.
Another thing is that it is considered an affront to the bride's family if the husband-to-be and his family just agrees to everything on the list without bargaining.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by abike12(f): 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
ceejayx:
Let them marry her..
After purchasing all these, when time reach to put preeq she go dey do gragra for me,i will just give her a resounding slap and she will land like this

you're a rapist and I reported this post

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Bruemath(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
Choi
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by WHOcarex: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
What is premarital discovery? Hmm grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Melonny(m): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Lalas247:
The list is small seff sad
Another A4 sheet will do .... some guys don’t know the value of a good woman ... he should buy it all and then some ....

My own list na book grin
Please don’t quote me o ... it’s friday
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by sacramento1212: 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2018
edibobo:
If your brother wants to marry from a royal family, there's no choice....ayom akwa mkpo asikongo mbang enang

Awo uduang ufok ayem adi do eyen akwa abasi ibom nyen. Family inem esit so amo eben okuk edod ke ayong
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Joe4real701(m): 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2018
2 crate of smell stout grin...hope am not the only one seeing this... angry
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by jolyment: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
ndy87:

ogoja.

Ogoja is at where?
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by gentlegenius(m): 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
chiommy123:
this list is small compared to some tribes
Hmmm... The list is too much and I wonder why.
I am from a different part of Akwa Ibom, and it's not this expensive in my place.
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
sacramento1212:

Uyai, mkpo abadie? Afo ato nmo ke CRS?

Ami doh, ntoh ogojaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by kennykg(m): 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
Is that all

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by notoriousbabe: 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
Wife for sale

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2018
jolyment:

Ogoja is at where?

north of crs
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by sacramento1212: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rajahbite:
The list is not conclusive, in Akwa Ibom traditional marriage (at least I know about the Annangs and Ibibios) there is what is termed "bargaining of the list".
This simply put means that the husband-to-be(and his people) are expected to bargain on the amount of items on the list. I've seen situations where ten cartons on the list is reduced to five or even less.
Another thing is that it is considered an affront to the bride's family if the husband-to-be and his family just agrees to everything on the list without bargaining.

Definitely would be negotiated. The dowry for father may most likely be reviewed from 200k to 100k while the mother to 50k. It's also never a standard practise everywhere in the state as it also depends on the family in question. Some families won't even list all those things.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by chiommy123(f): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
gentlegenius:

I am from a different part of Akwa Ibom, and it's not this expensive in my place.
its like that. its not same in every part of abia too
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by sparko1(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
Shaftcraft:

My broda he pass 300k ... let him budget 500k cuz tent and DJ,the money he’ll spend on that day all summed up... if the family is fair .. they do the cooking .. but you won’t like the situation whereby meals won’t go round. Have your family cook their own meals aside .. the traditional ceremony is even more than any big reception you’re holding elsewhere...

maybe you are talking of another list, this list the money that will be paid directly is more than 500k, abi you no see bride price for father and mother there?!

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
gentlegenius:

to me, that list is not too much.
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by alenwup(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
This is height of greed. I WILL NEVER pay this, no matter what. Wetin happen!
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by sacramento1212: 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
ndy87:

Ami doh, ntoh ogojaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Yak emem abasi ado ye afo, amen. Ami ndoh eyen Uyo ke akwa-ibom.
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by mathy2p2: 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
You see why I want hungry to beat them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Coldfeets: 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
Joe4real701:
2 crate of smell stout grin...hope am not the only one seeing this... angry

I hope I am not the only one seeing this too...?
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Sunsets: 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
Not enough. They should have submitted a book why only a few pages
Bhelamblog:
This is serious, A man has shared the Lists of must buy things given to his friend by an Akwa Ibom Family before getting marrying their daughter, Take your time and see the list below!

From Ebiwali---
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/see-shocking-list-of-things-to-buy.html

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Shaftcraft: 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SO WHO PAYS FOR THE VALUE OF A GOOD MAN?

GET READY TO ROT AND DECAY IN YOUR FATHER'S HOUSE.

SO WOMEN FROM OTHER PLACES ARE NOT GODS BLESSINGS AND FAVOUR. BROS YOU'RE DELUDED.

My broda, don’t quote me , cuz i lived most of my life in the West over 34 yrs . No matter how much you satisfy a West woman 30 percent are honest and the rest na waste, she still get side man.. the same goes to their men, you can only satisfy them financially.... every woman is blessed but from the way things are.. Men pray God gives you your own wife.. if both women are tested for trusts I’m sure the west will Bleep up first. My broda i don’t mean to insult .. I’m only trying to open your eyes. I won’t say more than this... pls check very well yourself.. by the way why are you lamenting over the list?pls calculate how much it takes to raise a baby from birth till his/her one year old before coming here to lament. Asking for all those list doesn’t mean the family is poor.. it’s just the culture of the land. If you go to Akwa Ibom to pay this marital rites.. you’ll pay x2. Relate with the family if you really love your wife to be.. the family will be fair with you, somethings can be cut down..

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by xynerise: 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
ndy87:

to me, that list is not too much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Checkout Viral Photo Of This Dwarf Family / Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery / Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.