Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) (53715 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2018
Lalas247:
The list is small seff sad
Another A4 sheet will do .... some guys don’t know the value of a good woman ... he should buy it all and then some ....

My own list na book grin
Please don’t quote me o ... it’s friday
hmmm

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
Shaftcraft:

My broda, don’t quote me , cuz i lived most of my life in the West over 34 yrs . No matter how much you satisfy a West woman 30 percent are honest and the rest na waste, she still get side man.. the same goes to their men, you can only satisfy them financially.... every woman is blessed but from the way things are.. Men pray God gives you your own wife.. if both women are tested for trusts I’m sure the west will Bleep up first. My broda i don’t mean to insult .. I’m only trying to open your eyes. I won’t say more than this.

OKAY.
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by chefcas: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
YurFatHer:
Are they doing ritual with all this?

LMAO grin grin

dear future hubby,
we are not this expensive to marry in my own LGA dont mind them o...
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Edipee(m): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
Joe4real701:
2 crate of smell stout grin...hope am not the only one seeing this... angry
Tang Akpan iko? Amediongo ufok ago?

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by senetorjboss(m): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
Lalas247:
The list is small seff sad
Another A4 sheet will do .... some guys don’t know the value of a good woman ... he should buy it all and then some ....

My own list na book grin
Please don’t quote me o ... it’s friday
I will do Dat for u
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Edipee(m): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
WHOcarex:
What is premarital discovery? Hmm grin
The babe is pregnant before the marriage grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2018
abike12:

you're a rapist and I reported this post
Baby calm down I'm a Virgin pls

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
Iykenuwa:

How "useless" is your Mum on a scale of 1-10?
Same with ur mum

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by jboycrb(m): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
Smell stout and under wares?
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by mosesjida(m): 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2018
On top wetin?? Dey go comot constitution.... Sey her puna na gold nii?? dis pple sef...by d tym Lyk 16 men would av ran away bcus of dis..her bride price wee be #250

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
smell stout indeed
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by viktor01(m): 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
Is this to buy the entire village or what?
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
7Alexander:

It is not the bride's father that produces the list, at least in my town. The list is produced by the KIndred association and is the same for everybody. The content isn't negotiable, but what you have there is mostly drinks and two goats
I'm from Akwa Ibom.

I'm aware the kindred produces the list.
The content is negotiable but between the father and the kindred before passing it over to the prospective groom.
The list may even be further negotiated on the day of introduction, depending on the spokesman from the bride's family.
Besides, all in the list mustn't be redeemed at once, redeem the compulsory ones you can and redeem others later.
One might even not complete it...especially the ones meant directly for the bride's parents.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by PediakAuthor: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
Negotiable or not?

I dont believe this.. Lol..

Why the sold out?
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by donluclay(m): 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
My people grin Na normal thing sha, only the "Royal Princess rite" part I no understand

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by ebenezerolaiwola(m): 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
Shaftcraft:

My broda, don’t quote me , cuz i lived most of my life in the West over 34 yrs . No matter how much you satisfy a West woman 30 percent are honest and the rest na waste, she still get side man.. the same goes to their men, you can only satisfy them financially.... every woman is blessed but from the way things are.. Men pray God gives you your own wife.. if both women are tested for trusts I’m sure the west will Bleep up first. My broda i don’t mean to insult .. I’m only trying to open your eyes. I won’t say more than this... pls check very well yourself.. by the way why are you lamenting over the list?pls calculate how much it takes to raise a baby from birth till his/her one year old before coming here to lament. Asking for all those list doesn’t mean the family is poor.. it’s just the culture of the land. If you go to Akwa Ibom to pay this marital rites.. you’ll pay x2. Relate with the family if you really love your wife to be.. the family will be fair with you, somethings can be cut down..
. Sharap there, i also have live in the east too, that promiscuous it's everywhere, anyway the girl na Queen Elizabeth pikin, even Queen of England won't demand such from her Inlaw

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by statusquoante: 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
Crazy!
I think my uncle spent around 700k to marry his calabar wife

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Shaftcraft: 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
ebenezerolaiwola:
. Sharap there, i also have live in the east too, that promiscuous it's everywhere, anyway the girl na Queen Elizabeth pikin, even Queen of England won't demand such from her Inlaw

Keep Quite there, if it is the tradition of England to collect one jar of wine marrying a royal queen are you saying it won’t be fulfilled ? East is not south, they have different culture. Oga respect your culture and lineage...
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by skyblue4real(m): 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
Just fainted....
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by kings690: 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2018
donbachi:
Guys make una no die cry...only d f*ck wey she go f*ck u.don cover d entire lists.
I that your problem
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by adet1234: 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
Marriage no be by force now,make dem kuku marry their daughter.shikena.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by drchuks1234(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Ngwa and and Nkpa (Bende LGA)
Exclude nkpa Unless is outsiders but not costly to this extent
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Katier00(f): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2018
Akpan107:
That list is very reasonable to compare mine...

300,000 father money
200,000 mother
300,000 entertainment
200,000 Dowry
Those are the major

Other small items worth another 700,000 thousand, but at the end of the day, less than 500 thousands will settle everything.

1.7 million just to buy items on that list? How will the ceremony be then?

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by rapheal5(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Marrying from Akwa Ibom/Calabar, Mbano/Mbaise/Owerri/Etiti(IMO State), Ikwerre/Opobo/Calabari(Rivers State), Ngwo(Enugu) and one part of Abia State, is expensive. Pls get it straight, NOT ALL PARTS OF IMO STATE is expensive to marry from. Ask me the areas and I will tell you for free.

BTW, this list will be more expensive since the lady seems to be a Princess.

abeg which area for Imo state no dey expensive Cuz my brother is getting married soon to a lady from Imo state
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
omakay:
Nice one!!!!

After paying for all these and most probably footing the bill of the church wedding and reception, the "wife" will one day wake up and shout "gender equality"....... And you expect the man not not resort to domestic violence!!!!!

As far as am concerned, the man is buying an item....

African marriages are majorly about buying women from their families..... There is no love involved in this one...... Let's not deceive ourselves...

After marrying the woman, sorry, "purchasing the woman" from her family, you want to stop him from not having extra-marital affairs or from practicing domestic violence when he feels it necessary ........ E no go work naaaa.....

Exactly. Bride price should be outlawed, it makes no sense to me. As someone who has immersed himself into the culture in Akwa Ibom, I'm quite surprised with the list considering the people that I know that have married recently. I wonder how they coped. embarassed

I vow not pay bride price. If the family disagrees, I walk away.
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by theemy(m): 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
Lalas247:

Some guys are buying car for mare gf ... wahlahi the list small grin
After this baptism of fire ladies in the name of feminism want equality with men at least that can't happen even in the nearest future
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
rapheal5:
abeg which area for Imo state no dey expensive Cuz my brother is getting married soon to a lady from Imo state

Where is the lady from? I can tell you but even if her place is expensive, do not be Discouraged.
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
Shaftcraft:
The list is only letting you know you have responsibilities to take care of after marriage, that’s how prepared you are, and that your capable of being a man, that you can handle such without fricking out, if you’re wise and very close to the family, you won’t pay up to that, nobody wants to sell their child to slavery therefore making both couples hungry after married,they’re testing you to know how capable you are, it’s a strategy the bride family uses, if you flaunt as a big man you have every reason to pay what’s on the list, the most important part is demonstrating how true you love their daughter ... will you let you daughter go into marriage without knowing how prepared the man is?kukuma collect bride price from mere man that begs to eat. So after spending millions on your kids... you just want one man with no source of income or family ties to marry away your daughter then a year later you come on Nairaland and Narate how their marriage crash? it is stated clearly that both families should let the new couples enjoy the marriage, no one will call you for anything after marriage ask other sources and Do your finding right. I’m speaking from experience. My father in law even gifted my wife a Jeep on that night. does dis mean the family is hungry? Unik3030 is just being stupid.

You're one of the many people I will send to prison if I become Nigeria's president.

Go and study how marriage is conducted in the United States of America. You sit in your underdeveloped muddy village to type nonsense about responsibilities. What do you know about responsibilities? Is your clan more responsible than American parents, who instead of printing community budgets, gift out cash and property gifts to newly weds?

Groom don't pay bride price over there; instead parents and the entire families of the bride and groom pay dowry to couples to enable them start a new family. It doesn't end there, a lot of parents work hard to celebrate their daughters at 16, give them car gifts, etc.

If I have the power, I will jail any Nigerian family that prints this nonsense booklet together with the daughters they are trying to sell. Irresponsible men who want to flaunt their ill gotten and drug money will equally be locked up in jail.

I will ensure I demarket owambe and the senseless criminality in the name of marriage.

Someone needs to stop this senseless entitlement mentality, from dowry to community and youth development money, omo ile, etc. A lot of people need to go to jail to set Nigeria on the path of development. When I say "a lot of people" it includes those lazy wrapper tying wizards across Nigerian villages who spent their youthful days drinking ogogoro and palm wine since they're fully aware that one maga will come buy their seed someday. They will receive equal jail terms with baby factory workers. If you cannot train your daughters selflessly , you have no business with erection.

No apologies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Sotland: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Bluezy13:
The bride's family hates the dude.
(Just kidding)

A loving/understanding father in-law will slash the list to an appreciable minimum.

Father in-law will slash to what amount? I just wonder, could this list be real? I don't think one million will cover everything as seen on the list
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by sacramento1212: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Gerrard59:

Exactly. Bride price should be outlawed, it makes no sense to me. As someone who has immersed himself into the culture in Akwa Ibom, I'm quite surprised with the list considering the people that I know that have married recently. I wonder how they coped. embarassed

I vow not pay bride price. If the family disagrees, I walk away.

Is the bride price the problem? Some states collect bride price as low as #5000 but the other items on the list to be bought would be hundreds of thousands while some as high as 150k may have reasonable lsited items. Without bride price, there's no marriage. What should even be abolished is white wedding which is a borrowed culture
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Krafty006: 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
Reelmii:
u vetter market well so that the dude can come buy one from u since it is part of the items listed
you too can patronize lol
Re: Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sotland:

Father in-law will slash to what amount? I just wonder, could this list be real? I don't think one million will cover everything as seen on the list

It is negotiable.
And sometimes, it is the groom that wouldn't what to "hag". He'll choose to accept it that way even when told it is subject to negotiations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Checkout Viral Photo Of This Dwarf Family / Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery / Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.