Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:00 AM

What Is Atheism? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Atheism? (8966 Views)

"In The Realm Of The Occult, The Highest Form Of Stupidity Is Atheism" / Is Atheism Gaining Ground? / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Atheism? by Donald95(m): 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
Seun:

1. My soul will be in the same place that your soul will be if a different religion from the one you follow turns out to be the true religion.
2. People have been trying to prove Gods existence for thousands of years without any success. Success in the next 2 years is very unlikely.

But Mr Seun,.from the way you speak from some of your post, you encourage People to embrace Atheism. Why don't you leave Islam and lead by example
Re: What Is Atheism? by Akiintom: 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
Seun:
So agnostics don’t ask for evidence of claims? And atheists don’t doubt claims?

Atheist don't "doubt" claims!

You know why?

It's only "evidence" that can be "doubted"

Since theist can't provide evidence, atheist can't doubt!
Re: What Is Atheism? by orisa37: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2018
Atheism is the philosophy of some Athenians to oppose the Reality of God's Idea.
Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2018
Seun:
Yes, an agnostic atheist. Very few atheists are gnostic. We understand that absolute certainty isn’t rational.
One absolutely certain gnostic atheist right here, thank you.
We are very very rare indeed.
Re: What Is Atheism? by vaxx: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
budaatum:

One absolutely certain gnostic atheist right here, thank you.
We are very very rare indeed.
seun provide a very beautiful view there. ":absolutely certainity isn't rational"

In my opinion his agnostic atheism stands too is very absurd as well. It can be likened to Not even wrong premises . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong
Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2018
vaxx:
seun provide a very beautiful view there. ":absolutely certainity isn't rational"

In my opinion his agnostic atheism stands too is very absurd as well. It can be likened to Not even wrong premises . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong
Seun might have gotten away with that carelessly thrown away statement if he had tagged on "about gods" at the end. But he certainly can't possibly mean it as widely as he's stated, or allowed to be inferred from what he's written as I'm sure he wouldn't think "absolute certainty" is irrational when crossing a busy road. The day he thinks so is the last day he crosses roads! I therefore disagree with the statement "absolute certainty is irrational" (including where gods are concerned).

As to his "agnostic atheist", I, a sometimes, "Christian Atheist", is not qualified to cast stones.
Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
[quote author=vaxx post=70895461][/quote]
How have you been?
Re: What Is Atheism? by vaxx: 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2018
budaatum:

How have you been?
Good bro. We are in the Autumn period and it is not friendly at all.
Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
vaxx:
Good bro. We are in the Autumn period and it is not friendly at all.
Autumn? Where are you?
Re: What Is Atheism? by vaxx: 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
budaatum:

Autumn? Where are you?
Deutschland
Re: What Is Atheism? by frank317: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
vaxx:
Deutschland

Na Deutschland you de dey do juju... Hope u have a shrine there
Re: What Is Atheism? by vaxx: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2018
frank317:

Na Deutschland you de dey do juju... Hope u have a shrine there
Lol......
Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
vaxx:
Deutschland
Germany! Never would have thought you were! Guess you're colder than London. Autumn started, but we still warm.

What city are you in?
Re: What Is Atheism? by vaxx: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
budaatum:

Germany! Never would have thought you were! Guess you're colder than London. Autumn started, but we still warm.

What city are you in?
am in Erding .yeah Germany is way more cold

1 Like

Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
vaxx:
am in Erding .yeah Germany is way more cold
Sure is. How long you been there?
Re: What Is Atheism? by vaxx: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
budaatum:

Sure is. How long you been there?
getting to 32 months.....schooling things bro...

1 Like

Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
vaxx:
getting to 32 months.....schooling things bro...
First time out of Nigeria?
Re: What Is Atheism? by vaxx: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
budaatum:

First time out of Nigeria?
Not really, I have been to several west African state. My mum is a Ghanian ,yes Germania is my first country outside Africa.

1 Like

Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
vaxx:
Not really, I have been to several west African state. My mum is a Ghanaian. ,yes Germania is my first country outside Africa.
What you studying?
Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
Glycolysis:

I know you're an atheist, but from ur recent conversation with me,you claim not to believe in anything whasover ! Complicated ,I must say....
Your write up is actually contradicting your claims !
Your write up don't paint you an atheist, you claims does ! Yea,go read your write up again....
Very on point. A "sheep in wolf skin" like.
Re: What Is Atheism? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 06, 2018
budaatum:

Very on point. A "sheep in wolf skin" like.
You're still on these ? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Atheism? by budaatum: 10:36am On Sep 06, 2018
Glycolysis:

You're still on these ? cheesy cheesy

I go back and read a lot. Never know if I missed when gods speak!

1 Like

Re: What Is Atheism? by eventtinz(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
How many times do I have to correct you people...Atheism is not" the belief that there is no god" in fact it is not a belief at all,rather atheism REJECTS the believe in the existence of god or any form of deity,simply because there is no evidence and most of its claims are absurdly irrational.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Atheism? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2018
budaatum:

I go back and read a lot. Never know if I missed when gods speak!
Lmao... cheesy cheesy
Good for you then...
Maybe the gods has something ,after all,for you..
But God always have something for you..

1 Like

Re: What Is Atheism? by vision202020: 4:52am On Sep 16, 2018
Seun:

I don’t hold a belief that God doesn’t exist. I merely reject the claims of God's existence. When a judge finds a defendant not guilty, it doesn’t mean he's innocent. It means the prosecution hasn’t provided enough evidence to prove the defendant's guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. I cannot rule out the existence of a God who doesn’t interfere in our affairs and is hiding from us because he wants us to leave him alone. But I won’t hold a belief in the existence of even that God until someone finds a way to lure him out of hiding and prove his existence to us.
Am just confused at what you wrote. Maybe a simplified explanation would suffice
Re: What Is Atheism? by hopefulLandlord: 5:31am On Sep 24, 2018
chemystery:
Those who wrote the bible never "believed" god exists. They "knew" he exist because god revealed himself in one way or the other(according to their claims). Now, do you think god is just to all humankind if he had revealed himself only to selected few while others are left to accept whatever is told to them by fallible men about god by faith even when knowing that with faith, one can even accept an invented god as the true god. Tell me, relying on others revelation to believe in god, will you call that "having faith in god" or "having faith in men"? Men you never had encounter with for that matter.
Bros, please give me the right to copy and use this. its wholesome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Jesus' Pictures Real / Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! / Who Deleted This Verse From The Perfectly Preserved Quran Of Muhammad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.