Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? (24613 Views)

The Biggest Mistake A Lady Can Make In Life Is To Marry A Poor Man- Nigeria Lady / So, Yoruba Girls Can Be This Beautiful (Pictures) / "Nothing Wrong In Dating A Married Man If He Takes Care Of His Family" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Arielle: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2018
No. Marry from your socio-economic group. Simple. Same goes for men. I've heard too many sad stories. Marriage is hard enough without the added resentment of one spouse who rightly or wrongly sees ill treatment on account of the other's higher financial standing. Work hard for your own money and success and then marry someone you have that in common with. We Nigerians are too wicked to ourselves. Men and women constantly fighting over everything and hating on each other. How about in-laws who will most probably see you as a gold digging imposter?? You don't need that.
Marry your kind and jointly contribute to the running of the home. Decide on who handles what: school fees, clothing, rent, feeding, holidays and recreation. If you have a project like building or buying a house, open a common account for that purpose and save into it. You can help each other out during the lean months. Worked for my late husband and I. It just takes planning, love and commitment.

3 Likes

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by phase1: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2018
Elder001:
Bullshît.. Marriage isn't a poverty allegation program.

No rich person should marry a poor individual

'allegation' ke?

The kain Turenchi wey una dey blow for this site na helele? cheesy
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Coolcris: 9:19am On Aug 05, 2018
My. guy , you nor go fit see ladies like this.Just show them your 2019 car, then you will see slayladies, slaymamas,small girl big God and even grandmamas whey dey don fall in love with you
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Squirrel01: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2018
CuTTiieAngeL:
Growing up, mum always told money comes and go...everybody is rich and everybody is poor....i can't eat my money alone, even if he is rich, i won't let him spend a dime in my kitchen..am currently in love with a broke guy, he can go an extra mile for my sake.

You look familiar though, do you by any chance know a lady by name Askia?
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
BRMN:
Why not? I can. Love is what matters, not money. Yes I can! Women should be humble. I will give the money to him & set him up to become the breadwinner.

If u're waiting to get a ready made man that will take care of everything in this country now, my sister u are deceiving yourself, lol.

Whatever situation u find yourself, make the best of it. Marry him and things will surely turn around for him and for both of u for the better.
Nice write up.Peter Okoye of P-square is an example.Atleast we can see a nice lady among them.Though that's not d reason for a man to be lazy.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
trustyshoess:
I can marry any guy of any status. Ambition and hard work is the key. Anyone can make it in life with those 2 things. If he's poor and comfortable being poor then not for me. But a poor man with plans, working hard to make It to the next level, ambitious and determined, I'll take that any day over a lazy rich guy who's enjoying his daddy's money with little work.
I'm not bothered about a guys money cos I wanna make my own, be my own boss. When you make up your mind to be independent, the financial status of a guy makes no difference to you.
Thats just me tho
Better

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Seal33:

Did u just call the advice stupid? It really shows the type of person u are. It shows u are one of those numerous Nigerian women who spoil the name of other good & humble women in Nigeria with your bad attitude, materialisic nature & money monger mentality and narrow mindset and mentality. You are arrogant and u encourage other women like u to be arrogant to men and they end up either not getting married or end up as single mothers and bitter women. Continue to be arrogant to men, ok?, & even to your elders, ok?, don't be humble, ok? Let's see where ur pride and arrogance will lead u to.
don't waste ur energy on her dear.At the end she will see the result.We ve always known them by their fruit.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
ApostleT:

@ bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I know that you meant alleviation but I just dey imagine as your face go serious as u dey type this allegation grin grin grin grin grin

Jesus.. I didn't even cross check my post
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
zicoraads:

I've said it here before...if you are not gainfully employed, you and I cannot even start any serious relationship.

that's my man
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
MariaLavina:
If the thread is about you, I'd advise you do not marry that poor boy yet. If you are that rich try set him up first, help his business grow then tie the knots if he asks.

Life is so simple. grin
you don marry so?
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Yoighaman(m): 11:26am On Aug 09, 2018
Arielle:
No. Marry from your socio-economic group. Simple. Same goes for men. I've heard too many sad stories. Marriage is hard enough without the added resentment of one spouse who rightly or wrongly sees ill treatment on account of the other's higher financial standing. Work hard for your own money and success and then marry someone you have that in common with. We Nigerians are too wicked to ourselves. Men and women constantly fighting over everything and hating on each other. How about in-laws who will most probably see you as a gold digging imposter?? You don't need that.
Marry your kind and jointly contribute to the running of the home. Decide on who handles what: school fees, clothing, rent, feeding, holidays and recreation. If you have a project like building or buying a house, open a common account for that purpose and save into it. You can help each other out during the lean months. Worked for my late husband and I. It just takes planning, love and commitment.

What an insightful and intelligent writeup... you've said it all....and so sorry about the passing on of your husband, may God be with you and the family. Cheers.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Yoighaman(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
Elder001:

that's my man

What sort of myopic mind dished out this flumadiddle.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Yoighaman(m): 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
zicoraads:

I've said it here before...if you are not gainfully employed, you and I cannot even start any serious relationship.

I wonder what sort of mind uttered this flumadiddle....smh
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Yoighaman(m): 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
betfairtrader24:

Nice write up.Peter Okoye of P-square is an example.Atleast we can see a nice lady among them.Though that's not d reason for a man to be lazy.

Your response made me search for this story (link below)...very touching.

https://www.weddingdigestnaija.com/this-is-true-love-heart-melting-love-story-of-peter-lola-okoye/
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Yoighaman(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2018
trustyshoess:
I can marry any guy of any status. Ambition and hard work is the key. Anyone can make it in life with those 2 things. If he's poor and comfortable being poor then not for me. But a poor man with plans, working hard to make It to the next level, ambitious and determined, I'll take that any day over a lazy rich guy who's enjoying his daddy's money with little work.
I'm not bothered about a guys money cos I wanna make my own, be my own boss. When you make up your mind to be independent, the financial status of a guy makes no difference to you.
Thats just me tho

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by gforce5: 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2018
Arielle:

I totally concur. People (both male & female) should marry their class. Nigeria is a stressful country as it is. A lot of Nigerians see marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme. Many people keep talking about true love but it rarely exists in this part of the world. There is a lot of poverty in the land and people from very poor backgrounds tend to have a mindset that can drag the other party down. You have to give it to the Northerners, the rich marry strictly within their class. It saves them the stress of dealing with someone from the opposite end of the economic ladder.

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by MeeLan: 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
the man will suffer.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by BRMN: 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
Has this now turned to a class war? Why the war?
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by tosyne2much(m): 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
egbarison:
Good question! Some ladies claim too superior if they've gathered enough change. And forgot the fact that they were created to be a worthy help for the man. SAY NO TO LAZINESS! But gentle ladies in the house, pls be humble despite ur worths.
Take it from me, it's very hard to see a rich lady that will be loyal to a man... I'm speaking from experience
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
tosyne2much:
Take it from me, it's very hard to see a rich lady that will be loyal to a man... I'm speaking from experience
Yea, but the place of respect for a man in any relationship cannot be all stated. Anyway, men are under categories. One does not need to be a BILL GATE to command respect from women especially the ones at home, under one's roof, married or not.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
Yoighaman:

Your response made me search for this story (link below)...very touching.

https://www.weddingdigestnaija.com/this-is-true-love-heart-melting-love-story-of-peter-lola-okoye/
that's unless girls of the nowadays changed.They will continue to outgrow their marriage age.Have you witness that wedding is no longer rampant as it was in the 80s,90s and early 2000s?
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2018
Colourich:
There is a probability that the man will use you for sugar mummy things, then in turn spend the money on the woman he love.

My dear Nigerian men ...

You will support do all you can to be there for him.

You will avoid anything that may make him say" Because you think your parents shave money"

He will take and take and you 2ill give all but at the end of the day.

You will find out he was changing the life of one girl in his neighborhood with all you supported him with
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by BRMN: 1:06am On Aug 10, 2018
jenigurl:

My dear Nigerian men ...

You will support do all you can to be there for him.

You will avoid anything that may make him say" Because you think your parents shave money"

He will take and take and you 2ill give all but at the end of the day.

You will find out he was changing the life of one girl in his neighborhood with all you supported him with

That's an ungrateful man who does that.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by tosyne2much(m): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
egbarison:
Yea, but the place of respect for a man in any relationship cannot be all stated. Any men are under categories. One does not need to be a BILL GATE to command respect from women especially the ones at home, under one's roof, married or not.
You have a point bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Man In Vegetative State Weds His Old Lover" (Photos) / No Girl Is Good, Yet Guys Are Getting Married Every Week / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.