Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,657 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909128 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MaSisi: 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hello house,
Please i noticed that my ECA has two different date of birth for my masters and BSc which obviously is a mistake from the school.
Masters 1st June (actual birth date)
BSc 10th July
Both are same year.

Please what do I do? Will it pose a problem?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sammirano: 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
ijomaSN:
Thank you newmum0615, vickyehi, Hephgirl, joo2018, veritas3, sammirano, glitteringstar and others.

I am now on the Express Entry pool.
Please what is the success rate of getting a job through the jobbank?

Has anyone successfully gotten a Canadian job while still in the EE pool through the Jobbank?

Thanks in anticipation for your enlightening responses.

grin grin - First get your resume ready in Canada format.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianBae: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
sunvick:
Sister I have an important question to ask you personally, its my question not for another person & I'm not married too. can I pm you pls cool cool

Hahahahahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
ottawasenators:
yep i'm employed currently. Created the profile, didn't include it as i plan to do so post ITA in personal history.

OK. Ur décision.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Which date did you use to register for your Bsc? Why did you even evaluate BSc when it has been said times without number that if you have MSc, only the highest degree should be evaluated.
You might need to contact both your school and WES to correct this if indeed its an error from the school and not a case of Rashidi Yekini

MaSisi:
Hello house,
Please i noticed that my ECA has two different date of birth for my masters and BSc which obviously is a mistake from the school.
BSc 10th July
Both are same year.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MaSisi: 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
smslive2:
Which date did you use to register for your Bsc? Why did you even evaluate BSc when it has been said times without number that if you have MSc, only the highest degree should be evaluated.
You might need to contact both your school and WES to correct this if indeed its an error from the school and not a case of Rashidi Yekini

You don't need to be sarcastic in your response, I'm not a child.
I did my ECA two years ago and almost dumped my Canadian journey after series of ielts frustration, thank God its over now. Then, I wasn't fully aware of what should or shouldn't be.
And for my BSc I registered with my actual birth date, where they got the July from I don't know.
Thank you for your suggestion anyways.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bella002: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
Elfmannisback:

If u select ongoing, no end date field.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
Ah! Thank God.

So what next is on our worry list? Did your Airbnb provide towels? Is there enough heating? We just want to be sure the angle we will be approaching it from?

Welcome bro. grin We thank God who made this possible.
like you people do. Not on this thread grin grin
Na joke o. Please answer osaze
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
MaSisi:
Hello house,
BSc 10th July
Both are same year.

Thank you.

If I were in such a situation I'd do an loe, back up with my birth certificate. In my opinion the error is less implicating since your real age makes you older than the fake. Football age tins is usually the other way round.

Otherwise contact your school to make correction and forward new info to wes, so they correct your eca report. Might not be a quick process, this option.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MissOlawumi(f): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
ysteph:
Quite a few has shared their experience too.

Thanks for being helpful. God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Amakaota: 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2018
Good day everyone. I got AOR on the 15th of August, same day, my account was updated to background check in progress and medicals has not been passed. What stage would I call this. Anyone with similar experience?
I thought medicals should be passed before background check.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
Brother, you can ask your question here smiley
sunvick:
Sister I have an important question to ask you personally, its my question not for another person & I'm not married too. can I pm you pls cool cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
Brother, you can ask here also
sunvick:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by funshobabs(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hello house. Plz is there any other way to pay for ilets aside raising bank draft and taking receipt to BC? I tried paying on line and money was refunded back into account after debiting.

I don't know if I can use IDP mod and pay online directly without having to visit anywhere.

Many thanks, Baraka de Sallah to all Moslems folks in d house.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
I am finally done with you grin grin grin grin
smslive2:
Welcome to the forum... Please check this link for more info about Salary and Express Entry. If you require further information afterwards, please ask!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Favoured2505: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Yes. Same here, submitted same day too. Seems we have a lot in common. We got ITA same day too. I don't know what stage to call it but it seems to be common with some people that submitted this August.

Btw, I saw a mail from you and tried to reply but the mail returned undelivered so I sent you a message and saw your response yesterday or so.

Amakaota:
Good day everyone. I got AOR on the 15th of August, same day, my account was updated to background check in progress and medicals has not been passed. What stage would I call this. Anyone with similar experience?
I thought medicals should be passed before background check.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Amakaota: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
Favoured2505:
Yes. Same here, submitted same day too. Seems we have a lot in common. We got ITA same day too. I don't know what stage to call it but it seems to be common with some people that submitted this August.

Btw, I saw a mail from you and tried to reply but the mail returned undelivered so I sent you a message and saw your response yesterday or so.

OK. Good to know that we're on the same timeline, I hope that they process our applications fast.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wealthiest1: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
congratulations
Mary121212:
Good evening everyone! Testimony time! I have received my golden PPR mail. First of all i want to give God almighty the glory and everyone that contributed immensely to the success of this journey.
IELTS 3attempts.
Last attempt was January 6th, 2018. LRWS (8,7,7.5,7.5)
IQAS arrived 22 Dec,2017. MSc
Joined the pool Feb, 8th 2018 then my Score was 439 ,by March 1st my score jumped to 463(Work experience became 3years)
ITA March 15
AOR April 9
Ip1 /Med passed April 17
Ip2 August 11
Ghost update August 15
PPR August 18.
Visa Office Ottawa
Just to encourage those that expecting patience is the key. Pray and expect patiently. You will share your testimony soon. I waited for more than 4 months.
Please those that received PPR mail this August and have submitted their international passport, I want to ask did you do biometrics? Please i need to know. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by VFUSION: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
MaSisi:
Hello house,
BSc 10th July
Both are same year.

Thank you.
I

So I think you should contact WES.Explain to them..But they wld refer you back to your school and your school has to resend another transcript with your correct D.O.B.
But if you wld like to submit before this..Then you have to add a LOE and possibly a sample of the mail you sent to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
1. Extra 15 points for Canadian education on CRS.
2. After graduation, access to work permit so he can work while applying for EE. With job, no need for POF, extra 50 points on CRS.
3. With Canadian education, easier access to jobs.
4. Etc.

Flaj:

Okay. But Going abroad for that? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jhoci: 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
I also had/have same issue. WES made a note on my ECA about the dob from my institution (B Sc). The dob is completely different from my actual dob, day , month, year. I did a search on Nairaland and saw a couple of similar cases and the people affected ahve gotten PPR.
Anyway, after consulting within and outside this thread, I decided to go ahead with my application and provide supporting documents/LOE to prove my correct dob.

Also, I sent a message to WES attaching the supporting documents and requesting an update on my report. This is three weeks now and they are still reviewing my report. I contacted them on Twitter last week to show my displeasure at the delay. And I got a response saying they were looking at updating my report and I should exercise patience.

MaSisi:
Hello house,
BSc 10th July
Both are same year.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MaSisi: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
Tojued:

If I were in such a situation I'd do an loe, back up with my birth certificate. In my opinion the error is less implicating since your real age makes you older than the fake. Football age tins is usually the other way round.

Otherwise contact your school to make correction and forward new info to wes, so they correct your eca report. Might not be a quick process, this option.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
joo2018:
2. After graduation, access to work permit so he can work while applying for EE. With job, no need for POF, extra 50 points on CRS.
4. Etc.

The only advantage is the Canadian education and the fact that you are in Canada. A lot of the students i know that are already on their PGWP are applying for EE via PNP or FSW. The jobs easily available to them are mostly part time and depending on the study period, they might get more than a year of PGWP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MaSisi: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
jhoci:
I also had/have same issue. WES made a note on my ECA about the dob from my institution (B Sc). The dob is completely different from my actual dob, day , month, year. I did a search on Nairaland and saw a couple of similar cases and the people affected ahve gotten PPR.
Anyway, after consulting within and outside this thread, I decided to go ahead with my application and provide supporting documents/LOE to prove my correct dob.

Also, I sent a message to WES attaching the supporting documents and requesting an update on my report. This is three weeks now and they are still reviewing my report. I contacted them on Twitter last week to show my displeasure at the delay. And I got a response saying they were looking at updating my report and I should exercise patience.

Makes a lot of sense. Please how did you send the message? Was it an application letter? I won't mind if you give me clear details on how to go about it please.
Also did you involve your school?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
joo2018:
4. Etc.

The only advantage is the Canadian education and the fact that you are in Canada. A lot of the students i know that are already on their PGWP are applying for EE via PNP or FSW; or extending study permit. The jobs easily available to them are mostly part time and depending on the study period, they might not get more than a year of PGWP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Omojirola: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hello house,

I am new here .i graduated from university of Ilorin.pls how will i go with my transcript in order to get to WES.i check unilorin website..i didnt see a place u can send a message to and i am base in Lagos.pls i need ur help house...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Pls re-read the email BC sent to you or go to their website. You have the option to pay via bank transfer using GTB, Zenith or First Bank.
funshobabs:
Hello house. Plz is there any other way to pay for ilets aside raising bank draft and taking receipt to BC? I tried paying on line and money was refunded back into account after debiting.

I don't know if I can use IDP mod and pay online directly without having to visit anywhere.

Many thanks, Baraka de Sallah to all Moslems folks in d house.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jhoci: 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Please let's not be too quick to judge. Some people have genuine issues and it can be embarrassing and annoying to read such comments like the one you made. Thanks

smslive2:

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
Good point, but surely the 1yr work permit will count towards Canadian work experience when trying to upgrade their jobs.
Personal choice sha. I see reason with the option.
Flaj:

The only advantage is the Canadian education and the fact that you are in Canada. A lot of the students i know that are already on their PGWP are applying for EE via PNP or FSW; or extending study permit. The jobs easily available to them are mostly part time and depending on the study period, they might not get more than a year of PGWP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
MaSisi:
Hello house,
BSc 10th July
Both are same year.

Thank you.

If you're in a hurry to get your ECA, ask WES to discontinue with the evaluation of your BSc and do only MSc. If otherwise, contact your school for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jhoci: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
I filled the contact form and also sent a fax where I attached the documents (birth certificate, WAEC certificate, National ID card and my passport data page).

I didn't involve my school, can't go through that nightmare.

I have submitted my application with a LOE and all the documents mentioned above.

MaSisi:

Makes a lot of sense. Please how did you send the message? Was it an application letter? I won't mind if you give me clear details on how to go about it please.
Also did you involve your school?
Thanks in anticipation

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.