Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,241 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909050 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
No idea to both.
I have read of someone on the sister thread who got a job through job bank, but don't know whether it is pre or post-ITA.
You can try it, but like noted earlier, research and get your CV done the Canadian way.
ijomaSN:
Please what is the success rate of getting a job through the jobbank?

Has anyone successfully gotten a Canadian job while still in the EE pool through the Jobbank?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jhoci: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
WES will not tell you before hand about the error. You will only see it when you get your ECA.

COPR:

If you're in a hurry to get your ECA, ask WES to discontinue with the evaluation of your BSc and do only MSc. If otherwise, contact your school for the correction.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 6:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
jhoci:
WES will not tell you before hand about the error. You will only see it when you get your ECA.

I know but if the Master's (with the correct DOB) is evaluated alone, WES wont add the error in the BSc in its ECA report.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jhoci: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
But she already has her ECA that's why she is aware of the error. How can she ask them to discontinue a completed report?

COPR:

I know but if the Master's (with the correct DOB) is evaluated alone, WES wont add the error in the BSc in its ECA report.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MaSisi: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
COPR:

If you're in a hurry to get your ECA, ask WES to discontinue with the evaluation of your BSc and do only MSc. If otherwise, contact your school for the correction.
I have my ECA already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MaSisi: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
jhoci:
But she already has her ECA that's why she is aware of the error. How can she ask them to discontinue a completed report?

Oh! She has her ECA already? She should contact her school for the correction and send it to WES to effect the change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Favoured2505: 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
Amen. It is not impossible with God. I anticipate it in earnest.
Amakaota:
OK. Good to know that we're on the same timeline, I hope that they process our applications fast.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by damzy88: 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
joo2018:
1. Extra 15 points for Canadian education on CRS.
2. After graduation, access to work permit so he can work while applying for EE. With job, no need for POF, extra 50 points on CRS.
3. With Canadian education, easier access to jobs.
4. Etc.

How true is it that with a job offer one does not need a Proof of fund. Your thoughts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
Read here:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

damzy88:
How true is it that with a job offer one does not need a Proof of fund. Your thoughts?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by damzy88: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
joo2018:
Read here:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Thanks. I am aware of this. I asked someone in Canada and he said I still need it for some initial expenses.

Other opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dives(m): 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
I missed a letter in my name while creating my profile on WES and my ECA report carries this error. I hear an affidavit can suffice for minor errors but please confirm.

COPR:

Oh! She has her ECA already? She should contact her school for the correction and send it to WES to effect the change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
dives:
I missed a letter in my name while creating my profile on WES and my ECA report carries this error. I hear an affidavit can suffice for minor errors but please confirm.

Yes...one and the same affidavit can take care of that.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by efueh: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
For our COPR elders in the house, kindly try this SOPA link for virtual job fair with Canadian employers coming up in September.

https://arriveprepared.ca/sopa-2018-virtual-career-fair-september-18-19-20/

15 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Abioolly: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
MissOlawumi:
Hi Everyone, can anyone please assist me on how to go about sending of WAEC transcripts to WES. I understand that I have to go to Yaba with 10,000 naira and sworn affidavit. Please I'm very unclear with the letter of attestation from school principal, is it compulsory. I went to a boarding house, far away. Please help me as a matter of urgency.

The attestation is done before entering the waeca building..my sister paid 3k for.it...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Onyeenyeh: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hi All, I just got a request mail for Schedule A. I was denied a US visa previously, but have since travelled to other countries. My medicals have still not been passed. AOR is July 30th. Is there any cause for concern?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Abioolly: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
On Ielts wahala...i practise alot mostly wiv the recent Cambridge practise test but i keep having low scoresin section 2..mostly the multiple answer sections..two speaker talking in listening test...
Please will appreciate who can explain the tricks in this section...
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
I do have reasons to believe that they've slightly changed the way or order they process ppr recently, as most ppl from July ending medicals is still outstanding, whilst background Check is in process already. or mayb there's a delay from hospitals here did u do urs at
children practice or qlife?
Onyeenyeh:
Hi All, I just got a request mail for Schedule A. I was denied a US visa previously, but have since travelled to other countries. My medicals have still not been passed. AOR is July 30th. Is there any cause for concern?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Onyeenyeh: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
exquisef:
I do have reasons to believe that they've slightly changed the way or order they process ppr recently, as most ppl from July ending medicals is still outstanding, whilst background Check is in process already. or mayb there's a delay from hospitals here did u do urs at
children practice or qlife?
Children's practice on that same 30th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
jhoci:
I filled the contact form and also sent a fax where I attached the documents (birth certificate, WAEC certificate, National ID card and my passport data page).

I didn't involve my school, can't go through that nightmare.

I have submitted my application with a LOE and all the documents mentioned above.

You may also consider getting a letter of attestation of birth from National Population Commission

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
I know a friend's hubby hasn't been able to pick copy of results up from the same children's practice for tests done on August 2nd. I am not sure but this might have something to do with back log they have.. he would check back this week after the holidays. at least they are working on the app regardless just respond with schedule A requested.

but on second thots checking immitracker also shows there's a general delay with passing medicals this period...
Onyeenyeh:

Children's practice on that same 30th.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Onyeenyeh: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
exquisef:
I know a friend's hubby hasn't been able to pick copy of results up from the same children's practice for tests done on August 2nd. I am not sure but this might have something to do with back log they have.. he would check back this week after the holidays. at least they are working on the app regardless just respond with schedule A requested.

but on second thots checking immitracker also shows there's a general delay with passing medicals this period...
Already filling out to send my response tomorrow. Also checked immitracker, same thing. Thanks jare.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JonJon2017: 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ZugoZugo: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
Good evening. Please can anyone share their experience with verification for WES by UNIZIK?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hi. Search "wes" and "Unizik" in the search bar.
ZugoZugo:
Good evening. Please can anyone share their experience with verification for WES by UNIZIK?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by darlingdadon(m): 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
ZugoZugo:

Thanks.

I just sent my documents to WES from Unizik... They have just confirmed receipt from my UPS number Tracking, it was Delivered to WES Yesterday being Monday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Livy2018: 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
I have a reliable contact who did mine. Pm me if you dont mind.
Omojirola:
Hello house,

I am new here .i graduated from university of Ilorin.pls how will i go with my transcript in order to get to WES.i check unilorin website..i didnt see a place u can send a message to and i am base in Lagos.pls i need ur help house...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
More on biometrics
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/biometrics.html

Key takeaway. Those of us with online application (read eAPR) need a Biometrics Instruction Letter from IRCC.

So for those still stressing about the biometrics, wait for the letter.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Omojirola: 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=Livy2018 post=70491223]I have a reliable contact who did mine. Pm me if you dont mind.[/quote

Thanks so much Livy2018]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Oben209(f): 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hello house
Please I need clarification on the “ In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?“.

Presently I have 2 years experience in HR plus my one year NYSC which was more of an administrative role, does this give me 3 years? or it must be 3 years in a particular job .. I plan I’m using the HR job for NOC

Made an error While copying ..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Aig842: 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
The bolded is the clue you need to answer your question.
Oben209:
Hello house
Please I need clarification on the “In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? “.

Presently I have 2 years experience in HR plus my one year NYSC which was more of an administrative role, does this give me 3 years? or it must be 3 years in a particular job .. I plan I’m using the HR job for NOC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.