Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (915502 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kods1900: 10:24am On Sep 27, 2018
Thanks.
dumprep:
Employment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Livy2018: 10:26am On Sep 27, 2018
I have replied you.
Howothemez:
please i have sent you a mail, if you don't mind can you tell me how you got your transcript sent to WES from Unilorin. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by v3: 10:29am On Sep 27, 2018
Was scrolling through the CIC site and this jumped at me. HOLY COW! shocked shocked

"The latest Express Entry draw took many candidates by surprise when it occurred on Monday, September 24, as it followed just five days after the previous draw. A total of 400 candidates, all of whom were eligible under the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC). were invited to apply for immigration to Canada through Express Entry on September 24. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) cut-off threshold stood at 284 points, representing the lowest threshold of the year so far."

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 27, 2018
Hehehe. They should surprise us with a cut-off threshold of 413 as they did in 2017.

v3:
Was scrolling through the CIC site and this jumped at me. HOLY COW! shocked shocked

"The latest Express Entry draw took many candidates by surprise when it occurred on Monday, September 24, as it followed just five days after the previous draw. A total of 400 candidates, all of whom were eligible under the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC). were invited to apply for immigration to Canada through Express Entry on September 24. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) cut-off threshold stood at 284 points, representing the lowest threshold of the year so far."

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2018
boundlessjoy:
Oga mcstan18, I’m still awaiting your response.

Sorry about that. I didn't see your reply. I'll attend to it shortly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by v3: 10:39am On Sep 27, 2018
dumprep:
Hehehe. They should surprise us with a cut-off threshold of 413 as they did in 2017.

Amen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 10:40am On Sep 27, 2018
Me that responded? Ahn ahn.
olabellruk:
Newman, me ayam still vexing o.

I sent u an email. Yet to get the number I requested. Bikonu.
Epp a sis na

Daalu.

I have resent it again.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 10:42am On Sep 27, 2018
[quote author=casecasr post=71550905]Long Post Alert!!! (Thought someone might learn one or two)

Alhamdulillahi, it's PPR!!!
Came in when i least expected. It's been God all the way.

Timeline.

ITA : 25th July

AOR: 12th August

Med Passed: 12th September

Biometric Captured: 14th September

PPR: Dated 25th September (got it this Morning @ 1.34 am)

[i]Congrats, may u find favor in your new home. Unilag MBA project defense done, convocation in January 2019.Must one go thru the convocation b4 processing transcript and statement of results.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Obi1conte: 10:42am On Sep 27, 2018
Mippi:
Yes, I can now see the update on my account. I logged out and waited for 10 minutes.

I didn't get your mail bro.

Ok thx.good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ottawasenators: 10:45am On Sep 27, 2018
So sorry about your experience, i know that area very well and i have devised a means of avoiding mile 2.

I will assume you are heading to festac

Option 1: Go through Ojuelegba or through stadium, then link through the cele bridge--> okota road--->Ago palace way--->durbar---> first gate.

Option 2: Go through 3rd mainland---> Oshodi---> branch in through cele, then same route as seen on option 1.

These are longer routes, but highly devoid of all those robbers.

Its well, we go enter canny las las, but please be safe. cheers!!!!

CanadianNaija:
I can’t wait to leave this shit hole.

On my way back from work, at that annoying mile 2 traffic,because of the trailer parked there headed for festac, some guys tried to rob my colleague’s car.

He had to slam into the trailer in front of us to draw attention(thank God for insurance), and then come down to challenge them, then they ran. But not before taking the phone of one of our colleagues sitting at the back.

Apparently when they surrounded the car and were asking us to wind down and bring our phones, she did out of fear.

I hate that I don’t live at Ikoyi where something like being robbed in traffic will probably be less likely to happen.

I hate that I felt so helpless, and probably would have lost my phone too if I didn’t hold out longer, or if my colleague didn’t come down from his car to challenge them.

I really hate that one can’t just head home without fear of incidence.

Why did I have to be born into this shithole, the poor girl has just been crying.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chikaima18: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2018
With unaccompanying spouse am getting 446. My ielts is expiring this month. Got 8.5, 8, 7 and 7.
thanks
Shyee:

That friend may be right. I'd advise you use the CRS calculator to try different combinations e.g you applying with spouse UNaccompanying.... What's the breakdown of your IELTS-LSWR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chikaima18: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2018
I applied for student visa last year and was denied. Got the Ontario PNP but didn't see the email on time. Just wondering if removing him would be the best bet but I didn't know about the long processing time for spouse.
joo2018:
It has to be a family decision having weighed the risks and benefits.

Btw, have you exhausted the PNP option and have you considered Masters option or taking up French? Those are options that can increase your points.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chikaima18: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Score was 8.5, 8, 7 and 7.5 but expiring this month.
Hubby didn't write the exam.
No relative in Canada.
Actually started a course with Noun but some events happened along the way
Thank you.
Ifeoma77:

Do you have additional qualifications asides from Bàchelors?
What was your IELTS score?
Did your husband write IELTS too?
Has any of your siblings (or husband's siblings) relocated to Canada between then and now?
These are all means of improving the scores. That advice is right but it's a very long road. Very very long road.
If you had started a postgraduate diploma since 2016, you would be rounding off by now. Also, your IELTS would be expiring soon, try aiming for even higher scores this time and encourage hubby to take the exams too.
Also consider undertaking a one year diploma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chikaima18: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2018
Thank you.
Tojued:

Until you turn 30 you won't need any points from your husband if you have a masters degree, you'll easily cross crs 450.

You can complete a masters degree With noun latest by January 2020 if you start now. Your family would have been in Canada already if you had started a masters degree in 2016.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2018
WES, I guess but you'll send WAEC Cert too though
samnijazz:
Good day Peeps, pls I want to get clarification on the best agency(IQAS, WES OR ICAS) to use for ECA for a polytechnic graduate with ND and HND in Mass Communication.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fadia: 11:09am On Sep 27, 2018
Although I am yet to get PPR, what I simply did was write the letter with all the details and i mailed it to my mum for her to sign and scan back to me. I didn't get mine notarized.

twetey:
Good Evening Loving Family,
Please I intend to get the Pof from my dad who resides outside the country though he plans to transfer it from his naija acc to mine. Please how do we go about the gift deed in this case.
Can he write a letter stating that he is giving me the funds out of compassion as my father and other necessary details, sign and send it to me while I get it notarized here in naija. Or must a lawyer be involved?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lilshon(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2018
Because of Labor strike WAEC isn't open, hence delaying WES evaluation. Sigh.

More reasons to leave this hole.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ogamazi001(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2018
For those looking for cheap flight ticket to Canada consider Egypt Air and Air Maroc

Hope this isn't a stale information Sha.

BTW how do I start getting 9 in listening. 7.5 isnt my portion my people.

Help a brother plz fam!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2018
Awww, sorry Babe, stuffs happen. It is well
JumzieBabyy:

Really That was me! So you planned to use me?? Gosh am so devastated right now and was already thinking I found the one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2018
Nazor, not funny o
Nazor83:
Jumziebabyy please can I get your no? The Lord just spoke to me while this conversation was going on. I even saw you in my dream last night.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olabellruk: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2018
grin grin

Tnx u

Newmum0615:
Me that responded? Ahn ahn.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2018
Chikaima18:
With unaccompanying spouse am getting 446. My ielts is expiring this month. Got 8.5, 8, 7 and 7.
thanks
I'm afraid, you need to write IELTS again, because it's not likely we have another draw till next month(I'm a believer, anything can happen). If your spouse is good for it, let him write too or consider other ways of improving your CRS score as pointed out by others who posted above.
Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2018
I'll say its a success by His Grace though was surprised to see Blacks, never knew its so, thought its Whites ooo oo o
adosjun:

Please share how you speaking test for today went?.. Mine is due for Thursday...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ofime123(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2018
How are u calculating ur crs I help u in calculating and is 456with this your ielts,job experience and age.or am I calculating wrongly?
Chikaima18:
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Chikaima18:
Score was 8.5, 8, 7 and 7.5 but expiring this month.
Hubby didn't write the exam.
No relative in Canada.
Actually started a course with Noun but some events happened along the way
Thank you.
Okay nice, try to surpass these scores again and let hubby try and write, even if it's a band 6. It will add some points.
Or just try for the PNP again, if you got it once, you can get it again
But if you have his blessing to apply with spouse unaccompanying, then go for it.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bobomaigida: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2018
Bobomaigida:
Hello All,

Please if you have a contact that can assist in pushing transcript processing in FUTO kindly send to me. Thank you

Abeg my people make una help me with this request o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
Happy Birthday minus five points day to me.
I wish me a speedy everything In this journey. smiley

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Shyee:

I'm afraid, you need to write IELTS again, because it's not likely we have another draw till next month(I'm a believer, anything can happen). If your spouse is good for it, let him write too or consider other ways of improving your CRS score as pointed out by others who posted above.
Cheers.

Truth is, even if spouse writes ielts and scores 9999, then gets a master degree PhD, it's only 20 30 marks he can add to the application. Score will still be low.

Anyway God dey, since ontario were interested last time by His grace they'll be interested next time. Canada cold un accompanying should not be chosen lightly.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2018
Iyamarun:
Happy Birthday minus five points day to me.
I wish me a speedy everything In this journey. smiley

Happy birthday! Oya, receive speed!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2018
Hello, don't know if you've gotten a Link for this request if not, I rmbr I read something as regards to this on this thread, check though dis part 5, you'll see d info you desire, don't knw d Link exactly, wud hav shared! Best of Luck...
sisisioge:
Hello people, I'm so sorry to digress a little here. While awaiting the verdict on my ielts writing remark, I am considering taking the French exams with zero French knowledge. Could anyone point me to the right direction here? Where do I start from? Is there a recommended affordable french school on the mainland? Is there a French group I could join?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
Tojued:

Truth is, even if spouse writes ielts and scores 9999, the gets a master degree, it's only 20 marks he can add to the application. Score will still be low.

Anyway God dey, since ontario were interested last time by His grace they'll be interested next time. Canada cold un accompanying should not be chosen lightly.
cc chikaima18
Based on this post, PNP or spouse UNaccompanying may be your sure bet.
At the bolded, I smiley 9999 in IELTS in Naija... and she said spouse is NOT that into education.
At the second bolded, more reason i declined my first ITA for my spouse's Nursing ECA. Spouse UNaccompanying is tantamount to something else. Family first. Count the cost, dear, It shall end in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

Congratulations Broo.. please I PMed you, check your message. Wanna ask a question on writing.

Responded, Bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.