Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909419 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:15am On Sep 27, 2018
Slide to PM.
simplyalero:

NO it wasn't. it was paid to me in cash. hence, my dilemma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:17am On Sep 27, 2018
joo2018:
Has anyone been able to reach BC concerning the IELTS exam this weekend in light of the strike starting tomorrow?

I have someone scheduled to write.

Anyone? We've been trying to reach them. I guess we can assume the exam is still going ahead. Hopefully, there will be no disruptions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2018
joo2018:

Anyone? We've been trying to reach them. I guess we can assume the exam is still going ahead. Hopefully, there will be no disruptions.

Shae they said organised private sector is not part of the strike action. Send them a message on Facebook, response there is usually prompt (for me it was live chat self as they were online).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:27am On Sep 27, 2018
Thanks.
Tojued:

Shae they said organised private sector is not part of the strike action. Send them a message on Facebook, response there is usually prompt (for me it was live chat self as they were online).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chikaima18: 8:36am On Sep 27, 2018
Good morning everyone.
A friend referred me to this page. Please i need advise and guide from the house.
I have been in he express entry pool since 2016 but my score has been 406. Am married with kids and I am the primary applicant. My husband stopped at junior secondary school and so has no certificate for me to claim points with.
I had aced my ielts on my first sitting and am 28 years so I got the high points on this part.
A friend advised me to remove my husband from my application and first apply for myself and my kids and when I get the visa I can now apply for my husband.
Please does any one have any experience on this and please advise me if i should go this way.

Thank you for your responses in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by HRgirl: 8:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Estac:

Once the law degree is assessed as a professional degree, you get the same points that a masters degree holder will get. So when calculating her scores, select the option for "masters degree or professional degree r
Needed to practice in a licensed profession". Law degree is not a masters degree but it is a professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession.

Thanks alot for your speedy response. I deeply appreciate. Please do you by any change know if a Engineering degree is treated as same too? 5years course. Is there like a list of courses that are termed professional courses anywhere so i can research? Thanks alot and sorry for the bother
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 8:52am On Sep 27, 2018
Me self Love Her, haven't seen someone as selfless as Her on this forum perhaps I haven't observed much! Thanks for always Newmum
Newmum0615:
Love you too right back babe kiss kiss kiss

I am troublesome o. With my petite self. cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by beeday: 9:08am On Sep 27, 2018
Pegzzyg:
Me self Love Her, haven't seen someone as selfless as Her on this forum perhaps I haven't observed much! Thanks for always Newmum

Newmum, we love you kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2018
LolaAkins:
okay, perfect. I understand now. Please can we talk in private. I want to find out the steps to take. Also, I may not need to evaluate the bsc if iqas gives me two certificate for evaluation since that is the highest I can get because wes won't give me professional degree which is the next ranking
ICES, I now recommend.
https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/328#71559281
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by denzel3(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2018
[quote author=bronze25 post=71563040]Hi @Grace135, I didn't get your PM. Probably you should send it again.
Cheers.

Please has any September 08 test taker collected TRF from MOD? I don't want to go & waste my time in their office.

Yes,I collected mine yesterday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2018
Estac:
My Darling Nairalanders,

It is with great pleasure I dance in to announce the arrival of my PPR!

Here is the short version.

Timeline:
AOR - July 14
MEP/IP1 – August 1
IP2 - September 21
PPR – September 25 (received 1.35am this morning).

I wish everyone a successful outcome on this journey. God bless us all

Congrats Estac

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by revenant: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2018
Fabulousfinite:
[qu/storage/emulated/0/Download/New Doc 2018-09-25 09.55.24_1.pdfote author=ofime123 post=71542956]Thanks

@ofime123, please kindly respond to the question on Delsu transcript.

Outside processing fee what was the cost for posting.

Thanks
Cost of posting varies from UPS-DHL. For DHL, it was about #11k+ sometime ago. UPS was less down that amount at the time. I don't know if prices has changed since then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 27, 2018
Newbeecey:
Thats great news. Im guessing there was no reference to the delay and/or the letter was not backdated? Congrats regardless.

No, there was no reference to the delay and the letter was not backdated.
I hope my case helps any other person that encounters such in the future.
Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2018
Congrats........ Deeply Happy for you & praying for your testimony soon. We shall all meet in Cannyland las las
mepconsultant:

Hmmm. It is well. The first day I posted my good news, someone questioned the authenticity and I was forced to upload screenshots of some of the proofs. Truthfully, I mistakenly typed 04/06 instead of 13/06. But fortunately for me, I had posted on 17/06 (after my 13/06 ITA), asking questions about the Medicals and PCC... I must have been overjoyed not to notice I typed 04/06... but bro, u could have check my profile to confirm stuffs. smslive2 took his time to check my profile and was able to answer that so I decided nt to talk abt it again. I wasn't expecting the PPR as at the time I got it, so it is expected that I would b shocked and overjoyed.

Probably you didn't believe I wrote IELTS 5 times, or you were impressed that I couldn't meet up after 4 attempts.

I think I'm really tired of this, but I thank God, nairalanders are already attending to you. Did you really check the weeks between ITA and AOR? I learnt a lot from this forum and it helped to prepare a thorough submission that requires little or no questioning. I used an Agent but I did my homework well. My wonderful POF must have been a precursor to the great timeline.

U said and I quote "My concern is for those that will send him PMs to patronize his acclaimed agency. This thread didn't get to have this quality by ignoring dubious posts...so no Sir, I won't ignore this time". Welldone Sir, I wish you goodluck. I pray I won't comment on this timeline issue again.

I never prayed for a testimony that will shock the whole world... but when God says Yes, no man can say No. I hate controversies. People have spoken well and I wish you can just believe and move on. I have made more friends, gotten new brothers and sisters, received series of PM since I uploaded my Timeline. Even Nathanael asked Philip in the Bible, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?”. This is nt the first time goodnews is doubted and mine wont be the last testimony...

For your information, I submitted my Passport at the VFS office this morning. God be praised.

To all who congratulated me and still congratulating me. I wish you greater and better testimonies all the days of your lives. I love you all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:29am On Sep 27, 2018
kiss
beeday:

Newmum, we love you kiss

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:30am On Sep 27, 2018
Congratulations @casecasr
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 27, 2018
Chikaima18:
Good morning everyone.
A friend referred me to this page. Please i need advise and guide from the house.
I have been in he express entry pool since 2016 but my score has been 406. Am married with kids and I am the primary applicant. My husband stopped at junior secondary school and so has no certificate for me to claim points with.
I had aced my ielts on my first sitting and am 28 years so I got the high points on this part.
A friend advised me to remove my husband from my application and first apply for myself and my kids and when I get the visa I can now apply for my husband.
Please does any one have any experience on this and please advise me if i should go this way.

That friend may be right. I'd advise you use the CRS calculator to try different combinations e.g you applying with spouse UNaccompanying.... What's the breakdown of your IELTS-LSWR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2018
It has to be a family decision having weighed the risks and benefits.

See the basic requirements:
"You can become a sponsor if you are:

at least 18 years old
a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and;
can provide for the basic needs of any person you are sponsoring (and in some limited situations, that you meet the low-income cut-off)."

The implication is that you can only sponsor if you have gotten a good job and you are settled. The current processing time is 12months. You need to factor in those expected time of separation. Though your spouse may apply for TRV for visits and you can travel too.

Study the application guide in this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#eligibility

Btw, have you exhausted the PNP option and have you considered Masters option or taking up French? Those are options that can increase your points.

Chikaima18:
Good morning everyone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by feliciadaba4u: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2018
tobey2ng:

I believe this has been sorted this morning.

Sure. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by feliciadaba4u: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2018
Newmum0615:
Page 1 information here.

Thanks coach
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by feliciadaba4u: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olabellruk: 9:52am On Sep 27, 2018
Newmum, me ayam still vexing o.

I sent u an email. Yet to get the number I requested. Bikonu.
Epp a sis na

Daalu.

I have resent it again.

Newmum0615:
kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sugahylz(f): 10:02am On Sep 27, 2018
Godsaysyes:

With your reference number and WES address, go to WAEC office and apply. You should spend around 20k-25k, they will send to WES directly. You will need some documents to carry along(2 passports photograph, Copy of WASC, affidavits etc).

For your B.sc Cert, just fax to WES. Once you snap, edit a part and write your WES ref on it.

Pls is it any waec office within my location. I don’t reside in Lagos . Please I need clarification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Estac: 10:04am On Sep 27, 2018
HRgirl:

Thanks alot for your speedy response. I deeply appreciate. Please do you by any change know if a Engineering degree is treated as same too? 5years course. Is there like a list of courses that are termed professional courses anywhere so i can research? Thanks alot and sorry for the bother

Engineering is not considered a professional degree. Only medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:09am On Sep 27, 2018
Chikaima18:
Good morning everyone.

Do you have additional qualifications asides from Bàchelors?
What was your IELTS score?
Did your husband write IELTS too?
Has any of your siblings (or husband's siblings) relocated to Canada between then and now?
These are all means of improving the scores. That advice is right but it's a very long road. Very very long road.
If you had started a postgraduate diploma since 2016, you would be rounding off by now. Also, your IELTS would be expiring soon, try aiming for even higher scores this time and encourage hubby to take the exams too.
Also consider undertaking a one year diploma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kods1900: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2018
Hello Guys,

Please filling personal history, under what activity type does NYSC go?

Is it Employment or Government cos I seem to be stuck here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2018
Chikaima18:
Good morning everyone.

Until you turn 30 you won't need any points from your husband if you have a masters degree, you'll easily cross crs 450.

You can complete a masters degree With noun latest by January 2020 if you start now. Your family would have been in Canada already if you had started a masters degree in 2016.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mippi: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2018
Yes, I can now see the update on my account. I logged out and waited for 10 minutes.

I didn't get your mail bro.
Obi1conte:

Did you sign off the usual/proper way? It could take up to 24hrs for the updates to be effected from what i just read on canadavisa.
Please let me know how long yours take.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2018
Newmum, sorry, I Pray for speedily recoverin but I am sure you're fine now. Haven't been here much so just saw this. Been preparing to ace my IELTS
Newmum0615:
Good morning guys, I see a lot of PMs awaiting my attention. I have been ill for 3 days now. I am not ignoring your mails. Give me a little time, I'll get right to them as my strength permits.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 27, 2018
Employment.

Kods1900:
Hello Guys,

Please filling personal history, under what activity type does NYSC go?

Is it Employment or Government cos I seem to be stuck here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by casecasr: 10:23am On Sep 27, 2018
Newmum0615:
Congratulations @casecasr

Thanks newmum, what a great job you guys are doing. Bravo!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 10:24am On Sep 27, 2018
Congratulations bro
casecasr:
Long Post Alert!!! (Thought someone might learn one or two)

Alhamdulillahi, it's PPR!!!
Came in when i least expected. It's been God all the way.

Timeline.

ITA : 25th July

AOR: 12th August

Med Passed: 12th September

Biometric Captured: 14th September

PPR: Dated 25th September (got it this Morning @ 1.34 am)

For awaiting applicants, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS refer to page one of this trend. It was more than helpful in my Application.

Wishing us all best of luck!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.