Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (911838 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by deTimo: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2018
tescom:

If I knew this, I would probably have ignored the evaluation of Bsc....pls advice... Will it be nice to remove it because I learnt the school verification (OOU) it's another hurdle again

You have started it. Just finish it up. The evaluation may be useful for something else later. You case may be different. OOU sabi fear you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2018
My sister used only statement of result with ICES December last year without any problems. So except something has changed between that time and today. You should be fine.

MrniceG:
Hy, i wish to ask if they accept statement of result. From their site they requested for coloured scan academic record and also coloured scan certificate. Degree & diploma. Statement of result is what i hv at hand now, d certificate is still on process. Can make do of that with out having issues.

In the case of IQAS, I wrote to them asking if they accept statement of result & they replied that they don't accept statement of result except certificate. And from their check list of documents requested, i found out that they requested for photocopy of transcript/statement of marks to be enclosed in my documents which i will send to them. Truly, i dnt kw if exams & record can gv that out for photocopy.

Waiting for ur reply.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Guccigucci(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2018
Good evening house,
Pls I am new to this thread and I know I’ve a lot to cover to be brought to speed with the whole Express entry process. I’m presently in the Uk studying a masters degree and my spouse and kid resides here with me.
I have a few questions to ask

1. Concerning ECA,Do I need to assess only my foreign masters degree since it’s my highest qualification? Or I include my Nigerian BSC degree and my waec result.

2. How do I go about my waec and Nigerian bsc degree assessment is it possible for my sister to do the process on my behalf since I’m not in the country?

3. Lastly the occupation I had in Nigeria was classified under level C, which of the migration programs do you advice I apply for ?

Thank you very much in advance
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mosky47: 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2018
Most persons said it got updated same day, whereas a few have complained about the delay.

If I may ask, where did you do it? Lagos or Abuja?

234GG:
Who knows

...How long does it usually take for Biometrics status to change after doing the capturing

I did the capturing at VFS since 19th sept. (A bit more than 2 weeks now)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2018
jordie:
Good afternoon house.
pls I need your imput. We are planning on using my husband as PA since he has an international masters degree and work experience and with him CRS ia about 486. We also don't have to evaluate his cert if am right.(save money)
Now that he found out that weac has to be evaluated we can't use him as PA anymore due to the difference in age. His passport says 39 which isnt same as waec age.
Using me as PA crs is 443 but with the increase in crs score and age palava(next birthday its a minus 5). I am confused, dont know which route to take. Has anyone here been in this situation. Please kindly advise. Thank you.
If your husband has an International Masters, the WAEC thing doesn't apply to him.
Even if it was a Nigerian Masters, he can easily use any other ECA organisation asides from WES. Others don't need WAEC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Torkwase1(f): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2018
jordie:
Good afternoon house.
pls I need your imput. We are planning on using my husband as PA since he has an international masters degree and work experience and with him CRS ia about 486. We also don't have to evaluate his cert if am right.(save money)
Now that he found out that weac has to be evaluated we can't use him as PA anymore due to the difference in age. His passport says 39 which isnt same as waec age.
Using me as PA crs is 443 but with the increase in crs score and age palava(next birthday its a minus 5). I am confused, dont know which route to take. Has anyone here been in this situation. Please kindly advise. Thank you.

Is the Masters from Canada? If not I believe he still has to evaluate it. And his CRS is really high. Any siblings in Canada?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
Guccigucci:
Good evening house, Pls I
1. Concerning ECA.
2. How d?
3.ation programs do you advice I apply for ?
Thank you very much in advance Cheers.
1. Yes only your MSC would do. 2. Since it's foreign you dont need WAEC. WAEC can be done in proxy though.
3. Remember NOC is about job duties not the title. if its NOC C then.. whats that your job to start with possible you are not checking right.
Let's help.
More importantly go to PAGE ONE and eat it up bro.
Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by phumie001: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2018
bronze25:
@Obtay is this offer still available. I won't mind using your slot biko.
@obtay. please am interested in the slot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
ShininLite:
Hello

I also used them in late 2016. They are ok but it took a while before I finally got my final evaluation...about 4 months or so...the delay could have been as a result of backlogs or school response time.

If you want a speedy evaluation, I couldn't vouch for them...if you want slow and steady...then they are one of your options.

Chears. ..all the best in your decision making.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jergins: 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2018
Thank you.

jelmusboy:
For question one, no need for CSE. I had two visa refusals post-AOR and got two visas post-AOR, didn't raise CSE and I got PPR without hitch.

Don't know second question
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jergins: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
Thank you

Should the Letter be in the same format or how should it be drafted? I think I should be fine with Letter.

joo2018:
For 2, you could have added a letter from your spouse indicating that she is accompanying you and that you will have access to the funds. I'm sure a nice case officer will allow it to fly as you did, but for your peace of mind, you may raise the CSE with the letter. You may also chose to raise it as an affidavit. It all depends on what will give you peace of mind.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Blackbuddy: 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving from I and my family to you and yours. May you always have reasons to be thankful as you pursue and realise your Canadian dream, God bless smiley

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nicoletheo: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2018
joo2018:
Based on this, I think ICES might be the way to go for now. At least until they overwhelmed by orders again and start delaying. WES must be overwhelmed by orders.

Hello All, Good evening. Please kindly confirm if it is mandatory to evaluate WAEC certificate? I have a foreign masters degree from Europe. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
Nicoletheo:

Hello All, Good evening. Please kindly confirm if it is mandatory to evaluate WAEC certificate? I have a foreign masters degree from Europe. Thanks.

HI,

Evaluate only your foreign masters.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nicoletheo: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2018
orenishii:

HI,

Evaluate only your foreign masters.

Thank you. God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Obtay: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2018
Replied your mail.yes

bronze25:
@Obtay is this offer still available. I won't mind using your slot biko.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
Blackbuddy:
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving from I and my family to you and yours. May you always have reasons to be thankful as you pursue and realise your Canadian dream, God bless smiley
Thanks hoping to meet you soon, only if other landed nairalanders can be this helpful as blackbuddy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
I don't understand the question.
jergins:
Thank you

Should the Letter be in the same format or how should it be drafted? I think I should be fine with Letter.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Grace135: 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hi everyone,
Urgent, I have been trying to do my PCC UK but all payments options I tried have been declined. I tried foreign visa cards, local visa and master cards but all were declined. For those that their payments option were accepted, pls which card did you use. This has been really frustrating
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
use another system or even your phone. it appears your ip address is blocked. you can also trying clearing cache
Grace135:
Hi everyone,
Urgent, I have been trying to do my PCC UK but all payments options I tried have been declined. I tried foreign visa cards, local visa and master cards but all were declined. For those that their payments option were accepted, pls which card did you use. This has been really frustrating
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wumi247: 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2018
Zeiya:
thank you .I really appreciate. I didn't know there is a different thread for pnp

Enter PNP thread on this forum. You will gain a lot of information there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wumi247: 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
joo2018:
How about you being the PA if it will give you more points?
can I be the PA with his score?
I dont know if my less than a year work experience can boost my express entry .
I only started working less than a year .I have not really done a proper job ever since I graduated 11yrs ago. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2018
jordie:
Good afternoon house.

Your husband must evaluate his Masters since he the Primary Applicant. He can use other evaluating bodies apart from WES. Check ICES,IQAS and the likes, they don't require WAEC evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chukoo1: 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
Grace135:
Hi everyone,
It happened to me d whole day.I tried even my friends card but it didn’t sail through. I later sent my details to someone in UK who did it in less than 3 mins.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshjayy: 12:01am On Oct 07, 2018
Grace135:
Hi everyone,

Gtb MasterCard worked for me you can try that if you have one
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshjayy: 12:02am On Oct 07, 2018
freshjayy:
Pls seniors in the house for the work reference letter does it need to be addressed to CIC, can’t I just use “to whom it may concern”

Can someone pls respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by VFUSION: 12:05am On Oct 07, 2018
freshjayy:

Can someone pls respond

Yes you can use to whomit may concern.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by crystalllllllll: 2:44am On Oct 07, 2018
What's the longest has anyone waited to get medicals passed after AoR please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeewirld: 2:49am On Oct 07, 2018
jordie:
Good afternoon house.
. The CRS score seems too high for a 39 years old with only a master..

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 3:23am On Oct 07, 2018
denzel3:
Finally, evaluation of law degree with IQAS is complete and the canadian equivalence is 'a first professional university degree in common law'. The wait was frustrating but worth it!

I had earlier used WES, before realizing IQAS was more suitable for law degree. As you would expect, WES evaluated my law degree as 'bachelor degree'.

Congrats to those who obtained PPR, ITA, and aced IELTS!

It shall end in praise

Thanks for this brother. I also just sent out my transcript to Iqas. It’s a law degree. So iqas asseses it as master degree? That’s more point as I was so worried. How long did yours take?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by phumie001: 4:27am On Oct 07, 2018
Obtay:

I have a slot for family of 4 for 9th oct in children's practice which we won't be using again.we already used IOM which came earlier
@obtay. please am interested in the slot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Grace135: 4:42am On Oct 07, 2018
Grace135:
Hi everyone,
Thank you @exquisef. @chukoo, @freshjayy. I will try out your suggestions

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.