Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909367 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by denzel3(m): 5:55am On Oct 07, 2018
Well, IQAS won't assess it as a masters,but as a first 'professional' degree, which is the same point as that of masters for the purpose of express entry.

Yes,it is more point than the normal bachelor degree.

IQAS can be frustrating but be rest assured your evaluation will come out positive. You will only get 3 emails from them. The first, you will get after you submit your application (AOR 1). Most people get this approximately a month after you send your application form. Then AOR 2 is gotten say one month after your transcription is submitted. You will get a soft copy of your eca approximately 2 months after AOR 2. Though their website says 12 weeks

It took me 4 and half months to get it done and dusted. The good thing though is that no verification wahala.

Thanks for this brother. I also just sent out my transcript to Iqas. It’s a law degree. So iqas asseses it as master degree? That’s more point as I was so worried. How long did yours take?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:02am On Oct 07, 2018
Not even self-employed? Tough. Your hubby does need to get at least LRSW 8777 to make a breakthrough. You can check the PNP thread as others have advised.
wumi247:
can I be the PA with his score?
I dont know if my less than a year work experience can boost my express entry .
I only started working less than a year .I have not really done a proper job ever since I graduated 11yrs ago. Thanks.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by TEECANN: 7:08am On Oct 07, 2018
Blackbuddy:
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving from I and my family to you and yours. May you always have reasons to be thankful as you pursue and realise your Canadian dream, God bless smiley

Same to you bro.

Here is one of our real MVP, mentor and lifetime hall of famer @Blackbuddy

God bless your good works, home and your affairs.

It will end in praise IJN!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MrniceG: 7:37am On Oct 07, 2018
Elo, i believe u hv successful done urs and it worked well 4u. Pls tell me did u upload ur colour scan academic record & Certificate or u use just ur statement of result only. I hv got just 2moro & next in my sch b4 i travel back to my base.

Thanks

[quote author=veleta post=71841442][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MrniceG: 7:42am On Oct 07, 2018
Elo, i believe u hv successful done urs and it worked well 4u. Pls tell me did u upload ur colour scan academic record & Certificate or u use just ur statement of result only. I hv got just 2moro & next in my sch b4 i travel back to my base.

Thanks

veleta:
[/quote]

[quote author=veleta post=71830392]

Type ICES ECA evaluation and detailed process pops out.However,click on *apply now*, fill in your details,your reference number with A000.....,will be displayed,take note of that then after filling it,scan and upload original B.sc or whatever degree you have in coloured as well as your international passport.There is a placeholder for each document.Of you are married,upload your marriage certificate in the placeholder for*others* this is important to prove the reason for discrepancy for the names in your certificate and international passport.

Go ahead to make payment with debit card as it is accepted notwithstanding their website specifically said only credit card is accepted.Courier fee for Canadian address is $26 while international address is$75.

Then for official transcript,your school *must* send it to ICES through the school's official email address or they can courier it to ICES.Official school email address should not be yahoo or gmail.

I would suggest you follow up with your school so that once the transcript is ready,you can create an ICES acccount,submit then send the reference no to your school to submit the next day or so.

They only send acknowledgement of documents,and completion of ECA to your email or you can log in to your account to see it too.

Once your school sends your transcript to ICES,send them a mail to confirm receipt and you will get response within 48 hrs.Goodluck guys.

The whole process was 5weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Desdes: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2018
Pls if anyone has a slot to give out for a family of 4 from october 15 should pls contact me...i would really appreciate it.. thank you
wealthiest1:
Good day fams, pls does anyone have an earlier scheduled appointment for medicals either at Children practice or Q-life but would not be going anymore and willing to give out his/her appointment ? Please assist a brother if you can. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MrniceG: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2018
@ Shyee, Elo, i would like to use them too not minding the cost per documents cos i hv two certificate. Plz, i wish to ask did u upload ur scan statement of result cos that's wat i hv at hand now while certificate is on process which i dnt kw how long it will take.From their site, u need to upload color scan academic record and certificate, degree, diploma. For academic record i guss that's like transcript which may not be given in person.

Thanks, waiting for ur reply

Shyee:

Congratulations! I used ICES too, I liked their service.
For posterity's sake, What did you evaluate and the outcome?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 10:57am On Oct 07, 2018
jordie:
Good afternoon house.
pls I need your imput. We are planning on using my husband as PA since he has an international masters degree and work experience and with him CRS ia about 486. We also don't have to evaluate his cert if am right.(save money)
Now that he found out that weac has to be evaluated we can't use him as PA anymore due to the difference in age. His passport says 39 which isnt same as waec age.
Using me as PA crs is 443 but with the increase in crs score and age palava(next birthday its a minus 5). I am confused, dont know which route to take. Has anyone here been in this situation. Please kindly advise. Thank you.

Hello, I guess you need to take further look at your entries while using the CRS tool. The boldened seem to be contradictory. Does your husband have Canadian education and work experience? Does he (or you) have a PR or citizen sibling in Canada? I think that score is quite high for a 39 year old. Get that sorted first and then we look into this your concern together.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pointednose: 11:28am On Oct 07, 2018
Hello everyone,

I just joined this thread and I have read up a lot. God bless you all. Please I have some questions and clarifications and will be glad if you can help me answer them.

I had once evaluated my bachelor's degree through Wes USA (not immigration). Do I still need to send my transcript from my school to Wes again, or they can just transfer to Wes Canada since they have the transcript in their archive? Do I need to pay new application fee?

Also, my husband has ICAN qualification and a diploma in IFRS. Do any of these qualifications count? Which of the evaluating bodies accept and give points for them?

I have a bachelor's and doctorate in physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is a profession in the medical sciences even though it was not listed in the CIC website as a professional degree. I got my doctorate as a transitional/bridging program after my bachelors degree. The duration was for one year. How should I get this evaluated. Can my doctorate be equivalent to masters/professional degree? Do I have to submit both my bachelor's and the doctorate degree transcripts, putting in mind that I only did the doctorate program for one year because I already have a bachelor's, or do I have a chance of two certificates.

Please my beautiful people, help me on top of this matter.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pointednose: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2018
denzel3:
Finally, evaluation of law degree with IQAS is complete and the canadian equivalence is 'a first professional university degree in common law'. The wait was frustrating but worth it!

I had earlier used WES, before realizing IQAS was more suitable for law degree. As you would expect, WES evaluated my law degree as 'bachelor degree'.

Congrats to those who obtained PPR, ITA, and aced IELTS!

It shall end in praise

Did you write any cover letter to IQAS to ensure they evaluated your degree as a professional degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pointednose: 11:48am On Oct 07, 2018
Has anyone gotten a professional degree evaluation for courses not listed as such on the CIC website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sparkle2k3: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2018
* One silent reader stepping out *

I stumbled on this thread a few weeks before I got ITA (while googling for some questions I was having about the immigration).

And its been one of positivity, hope and encouragement through this journey.
I may not have personally used information here as I didn't manage my account myself**, but the thread has still been helpful, especially to all those I've directed here who are doing the process themselves.

**Used an agent cos I didn't have as much information then and wasn't sure I could do it on my own.
I know better now

Decision made Aug 2017
Ielts Nov 2017 8.5/8/8/7 LSRW
ECA Mar 2018 (MCC)
CRS 471
ITA April 25
AOR June 4
MEP June 15
PPR Oct 3 (Latter dated 2nd)
No ADR
Single applicant
VO Ottawa

Medicals - Prime Hospital, PH
PCC - A contact in PH SCID
POF - Fixed deposit certificate, 6 months statement of account and bank reference letter
Work Experience - 3years plus.
My reference letters were my biggest worry. I had 3 letters. Some weren't in the CIC format as they didn't contain salary earned, hours worked per week etc. Also, I had mixed up the dates (eg using June then letter comes bearing July). I added an LOE to this effect.
Sibling Point - My sister's Marriage certificate, PR card and Utility bill was added

A friend sent me a link to June AOR thread on the Canadavisa site a few weeks back.... I was reading through that day and noticed June 4th AOR (same as me) receiving PPR... I left a comment hoping mine too will come soon. Twenty mins later I got the golden mail!

I'm so grateful to God!

Thanks to everyone who has shared their stories on this journey. May it end in praise for everyone.
Cheers.

*Off to binge on sister thread*

81 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JumzieBabyy: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
sparkle2k3:
* One silent reader stepping out *

Nice one! Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Luce: 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
armstead:

25% of my PF was N1,084,500 at eApr meaning CIC used N274.487 as exchange rate while I had used 277 or 278 on Xe.com upon submission. In essence, what they calculated as POF for me was even higher than what I calculated for them.

According to my gcms notes, the exchange rate used for conversion was 278naira to 1cad so it probably fluctuates just like the black market rates cc @MrOba

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
Congrats Sparkle2k3.
sparkle2k3:

Decision made Aug 2017
Ielts Nov 2017 8.5/8/8/7 LSRW
ECA Mar 2018 (MCC)
CRS 471
ITA April 25
AOR June 4
MEP June 15
PPR Oct 3 (Latter dated 2nd)
No ADR
Single applicant
VO Ottawa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeiya(f): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
Congrats @sparkle2k3. All the best in Canny land.
We are coming behind you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jordie: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
No the masters is from UK. No siblings either.

Torkwase1:

Is the Masters from Canada? If not I believe he still has to evaluate it. And his CRS is really high. Any siblings in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jordie: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
Alright I will do just that and get back to you.
Does a foreign work experience count if its not Canadian work experience.
Thanks.

mcstan18:

Hello, I guess you need to take further look at your entries while using the CRS tool. The bolded seems to be contradictory. Does your husband have Canadian education and work experience? Does he (or you) have a PR or citizen sibling in Canada? I think that score is quite high for a 39 year old. Get that sorted first and then we look into this your concern together.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeewirld: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
jordie:
No the masters is from UK. No siblings either.

. You might need to recalculate the score as it seems not to be in sync unless he aced TEF,he can't gave such scores
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bronze25(f): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
Boss I sent you a message, please check your email. Thanks
Obtay:
Replied your mail.yes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jordie: 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
Will do. Thank you.

Zeewirld:
. You might need to recalculate the score as it seems not to be in sync unless he aced TEF,he can't will dogave such scores

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by kamekito: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
Pls l need a link to JULY aor whatsapp group .
Secondly,pls how do l know my Visa Office?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by desmondgaddafi: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hi everyone, I have been a silent reader for about a month now.. I will like to know a few things.

Here is my concern, my work experience reference letter has 34 months (Instead of 36 months for 3 years). It actually meets the work hour requirement for 3 years but it is deficient of 2months... will this be a problem in my application after stating that i have 3 years work experience? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by denzel3(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
Did you write any cover letter to IQAS to ensure they evaluated your degree as a professional degree?[/quote]

No i did not, i did not need to. Its clearly stated on CIC website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
MrniceG:

Thanks

I uploaded Colour scan of degree certificate only,my school scanned and sent official transcript to them.
Read back few pages,ArcUgo said his sister uploaded her Statement of Result last year and ICES accepted it.

You can still send them a mail to enquire about that and they respond within 48 hours

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pointednose: 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
denzel3:

Did you write any cover letter to IQAS to ensure they evaluated your degree as a professional degree?

No i did not, i did not need to. Its clearly stated on CIC website.

Alright, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
Please what is Ielts Australia email?? Very urgent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
Congrats @sparkle2k3. Go and shine!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshdad: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
idpieltsaustrailia@idp.com
DonFreshmoney:
Please what is Ielts Australia email?? Very urgent

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Swtibogirl88: 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hello house...
Please I am having a little problem. I am filling my application form. When I click on "save and add" , appendGrid ....not Initialised shows up...
Please I need help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by drcynthia(f): 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Swtibogirl88:
Hello house...
Please I am having a little problem. I am filling my application form. When I click on "save and add" , appendGrid ....not Initialised shows up...
Please I need help
Use a system or change ur browser to google chrome, safari
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
Good evening all, quick question how do you get ICES to write an Academic Records request letter?.NOUN needs it, since they can’t send transcripts to individuals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.