Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (908037 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hello Guys,

Please has anyone upgraded their ECA report to grade by grade evaluation for processing graduate admissions in Canada? I need information as regards the questions stated below:

1. Will I be required to resend transcripts from Unilag? *scares me*.
2. My ECA evaluation was completed late last month and WAEC result was not required for the processing. Will this be needed ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bonvieto: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
ChandlerBing:
I also wish this would happen more. Frankly, it's just on this thread that people announce only when there's PPR. Or when they are stuck on a process pre PPR. While we enjoy reading those, giving small updates wouldn't hurt.
It gives people with similar timelines a reference point.

That being said, last time I posted that I called IRCC and was told my criminality was in progress, 2 weeks ago or so, I called again and criminality has been passed. I plan on calling this week as well.

what number did you call? do you mind sharing it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by HRgirl: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
Utonne:

Hi. I know I, JumzieeBabyy & you have the same AOR (Aug 24). Did you get the how to get a job mail in Canada? JumzieeBabyy & i actually have been moved to IP1 again. The whole process is all so weird now

Hi me too! I am also August 24th AOR! grin but I didn’t get that mail you guys are talking about even though i advanced to IP2 and now back to IP 1 just like you mentioned..glad to know i am not alone

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fmsimple(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
Some of the important things you should get done as a newcomer in your first week after landing

David S. Lesperance

Step 1: Make a list of your personal effects which you will a) be flying with; b) be shipping by container. For immigration (deals with the person) purposes you are an individual who is accepting Canada’s offer to permanently reside in Canada. For customs (deals with goods) purposes, you are a new resident of Canada. Since it is your intention to reside in Canada for more than 12 months, you will be entitled to bring in personal effects free of duty. To speed up the process, I would highly recommend that you pre-fill B4E form.

Step 2: Book and board a flight to Canada

Step 3: On arrival at the Customs hall, you will stand in the Visitor line. Like everyone on the plane you will fill in E-311 form. When you get to the front of the line, you will then meet a human official of Canada Border Services who is working at the Primary Inspection Line. Hand the officer your Canadian permanent residence paperwork, passport and E-311 Form. Indicate to the officer that you are moving to Canada for the first time and that you have some personal effects in your luggage and some that will be shipped later. The official will first refer you to the Secondary Immigration Inspection Area. They will do this by making an annotation on your E-311.

After you walk away from this first officer, a second officer will look at your E-311, note the annotation and direct you to Immigration Secondary. There you will line up to meet an initial officer, who will read your E-311 and ask for your passport and permanent residence paperwork. If secondary is busy you will be asked to sit and wait for someone to call your name. Once you meet with the processing officer in immigration secondary, they will “land” you, which is the administrative process of becoming a permanent resident. They will also take your photo for the Permanent Resident Card which will be created later. This card will be mailed to you in about 6 weeks. If you do not have a Canadian mailing address at the time of landing, you will need to provide one online later. They will then release you to retrieve your baggage.
After you recover your luggage but before you leave the secured area, another officer will look at your E-311 form and refer you to Customs Secondary. At secondary, they will review your pre-filled B4E form. They may or may not also check your luggage to determine if a) any contraband or b) confirm the items listed on your B4E as accompanying.
Once you are finished with secondary, you will then be directed out of the secured area and into the airport proper. IOW: Canada!

Step 4: Ship your goods: Assuming that you will send a container with some personal effects, then you will need to deal with this customs documentation. Depending on your port of arrival and where you are shipping the goods, you will need to ‘clear these goods’ on arrival by following the instructions given either by your shipper or the Customs Secondary Officer.

Step 5. After arrival secure basic new Canadian documentation: It varies from province to province but I will give you the example of the province of Ontario.

a) Social Insurance Number: This is the basic Federal taxpayer identification number and can be obtained on-line or at an office. Note: When Canadians talk about a “SIN card”, they are referring to this document, not a scorecard of spiritual transgressions.

b) Provincial health insurance: You are entitled to national health coverage, which is administered by each province. Here is the process for Ontario Health Insurance (OHIP). Note that there is a 3 month waiting period for new residents of Ontario before coverage starts so make sure you continue your current insurance or obtain travel insurance to cover this three month period;

c) Driver’s Licence: This is a bit more complicated depending on whether you are coming from one of the countries which has automatic transfer rights with Ontario. Read this information carefully and secure the proper records before leaving for Canada;

d) Bank Accounts and Credit Cards: As a new resident of Canada, you will have no banking history or credit rating. Therefore I would highly recommend that you open an account with HSBC and obtain a credit card from them. You will then have a) a debit and credit card that you can use in Canada without incurring heavy wire transfer fees; and b) an opening for a relationship with a Canadian Bank that will make it easier for you to open a Canadian bank account and credit card as HSBC Canada will work with HSBC . You can later choose another Canadian bank, but this is a great starting point.

62 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by FaskRolce: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ifeoma77:

No he's not. Just go to the Police headquarters in the state where you reside.
They'll do it for you there.
Thanks a bunch!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bonvieto: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
freshjayy:
Please who has inspector MOshood’s number and what is the process for the police clearance plus what documents do I need. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
veleta:

UNIZIK
Oh no wonder it was fast. Meanwhile, on ICES website it says 10 weeks for processing time o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by HRgirl: 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
Utonne:

Hi. I know I, JumzieeBabyy & you have the same AOR (Aug 24). Did you get the how to get a job mail in Canada? JumzieeBabyy & i actually have been moved to IP1 again. The whole process is all so weird now

I’m equally 24th aug AOR! I moved back to IP1 too. Even though I haven’t received an email yet like you guys did

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by harry41: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2018
Thank you friend but these WES guys have no sense of urgency or good customer service.

[quote author=khinde post=71905963][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DEEE573(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hello House...
I hail una ooo.

Please i need help and advise....ECA with WES
My 1st degree was with OOU and WES sent a verification request on the 26th of July...

OOU claimed their mailbox server was down and they dont recieve hardcopy...there server was back in mid August...
WES insisted that until the 7weeks of waiting elapsed they wont be sending another request.
The waiting period was over on the 14th of September, then WES finally send another request on the 18th of September....SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN CALLING MRS KAKA, AND EVERY CONTACT I HAVE IN OOU.

Today i was told Mrs Kaka is sick and not around.

PLEASE IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO...I started WES since late March and OOU has been keeping me from even creating my EE Profile till date.

Any ideas /suggestion?
Is there anyone from OOU that can Help?
I pray that no one goes through this but is there anyone here also facing this?

I KNOW WE HAVE SEVERAL THINGS ON OUR PLATES BUT AS THE PA for this process....I AM HOLDING MY FAMILY DOWN....abeg make una help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by buggi102kruse: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hello house! Pls I'm about to start the EE process. I have Msc and Bsc, age is 33, wife is 30 and has Bsc. I tried calculating my possible points using ielts score of 8, 7, 7, 7 what I got is 376. I don't know if there is something I didn't do right. Work experience is 7 yrs. Do I need to have either someone in canada, work experience in canada or school in canada to hv upto 400+.

Gurus is the house please I need ur advice or suggestions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DEEE573(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2018
Yesvall of that will matter and add to your score...but pls can you state your IELTS in the its order...is it SLRW?

buggi102kruse:
Hello house! Pls I'm about to start the EE process. I have Msc and Bsc, age is 33, wife is 30 and has Bsc. I tried calculating my possible points using ielts score of 8, 7, 7, 7 what I got is 376. I don't know if there is something I didn't do right. Work experience is 7 yrs. Do I need to have either someone in canada, work experience in canada or school in canada to hv upto 400+.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
Layiwoo:
Can anyone in the house advice, I have two concerns..My Bsc transcript has been sent to Wes for evaluation, I have the tracking number and confirmation that it was delivered successfully yet Wes came back to say they haven't received it.Also I sent ICAN sent a copy of my ATS transcript to Wes but I was mailed by Wes that it was not properly sealed in an envelope and signed. On taking the feedback to ICAN, they confirmed it was properly done and probably it was opened over there. Anyone had a similar experience? cry

Funny. Same thing is happening to me at the moment.
My school is aggressively claiming my transcripts has been sent to WES since 1 month+ now and they have proof to show it was delivered successfully. Yet, WES has continue to claim they dont have it.

I wonder what is truly happening over there at WES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Negotiate: 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ifeoma77:

I don't see any problems here. Just make sure that during the period of your application, your minimum balance doesn't go below your required POF. You can keep right on doing your business.
Or you can fix your POF and continue your business

Thanks for your input.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JumzieBabyy: 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2018
Enitan007:
Download an app called free call from the playstore. You can call IRCC with the app. You will get enough credit after registration.

Thanks a lot for this tip buddie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by princesschuks: 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2018
Na we dey rush them na.

harry41:
Thank you
friend but these WES guys have no sense of urgency or good customer service.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by candyce(f): 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2018
buggi102kruse:

Calculating possible points for you and wifey using L8, S7,R7,W7 Your crs should be 450 not 376.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 09, 2018
Please who has 10million naira they are not using? Comman dash me grin

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 4:36am On Oct 09, 2018
buggi102kruse:

At 33 years of age, with an MSc and that good IELTS result, you should be well above 440. Please recalculate again with the CRS tool and be more meticulous this time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 4:39am On Oct 09, 2018
Ifeoma77:

I'd prefer we keep it on the thread. Others benefit more.
Besides, my wife doesn't like it when I get Nairaland PMs
cry

Yeah, she doesn't. She's also a grumpy 34 year old.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 234GG: 4:42am On Oct 09, 2018
Mine is not the case at all oo...
My biometric information, that is enrollment date and expiry was updated almost immediately after the capture too.

But that was all since then.
The Application step for Biometrics still remains what it was even before capturing.

Any advice on what I should do?

ChandlerBing:
My biometric information, that is enrollment date and expiry was updated less than 1 hour after capture. It also changed to Completed against the biometric entry. When I logged back in, the action required I was seeing before biometrics was captured changed to submitted.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by buggi102kruse: 5:06am On Oct 09, 2018
candyce:
Calculating possible points for you and wifey using L8, S7,R7,W7 Your crs should be 450 not 376.

Ok, thanks so much, I will do it agn .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by buggi102kruse: 5:14am On Oct 09, 2018
mcstan18:

At 33 years of age, with an MSc and that good IELTS result, you should be well above 440. Please recalculate again with the CRS tool and be more meticulous this time.

Okay boss, thank you for this response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Eddy4400: 7:05am On Oct 09, 2018
Of course the thread has been super useful. Thanks again and all the best too. smiley

Utonne:

Awww. You are most welcome. Thankful for this thread. The idea to request for an EOR came from here. Would never have been aware if i didnt stumble on the thread. All the best with the rest of your journey.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ChandlerBing: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2018
I got the mail when I created my EE profile and when I received ITA. I'm still currently in IP2.

Utonne:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ChandlerBing: 7:15am On Oct 09, 2018
I read on another thread about someone that had the same issue and called IRCC. The person was told that a Program Assistant has to update the detail "manually" for it to reflect on their profile. I guess when next your file is picked up for review it will be updated.

I noticed that your additional document field shows NA. You were asked for additional documents which you have provided? Could you share what it was?

234GG:
Mine is not the case at all oo...
My biometric information, that is enrollment date and expiry was updated almost immediately after the capture too.

But that was all since then.
The Application step for Biometrics still remains what it was even before capturing.

Any advice on what I should do?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Eddy4400: 7:22am On Oct 09, 2018
Pls would anyone like to swap medical appointments?

Booked at Childrens Practice for 16th Oct., really need a weekend spot....20th, 27th or 3rd Nov. Anybody? Somebody?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 7:30am On Oct 09, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 7:43am On Oct 09, 2018
Good morning house. Can anyone who has processed transcript with Uniben please tell me the official cost. I really need to verify an information ASAP. Thank you

Congrats to all who I have achieved an upgrade, PPR et al. Still reading from behind
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 7:50am On Oct 09, 2018
30watts:
Hello Guys,

Please has anyone upgraded their ECA report to grade by grade evaluation for processing graduate admissions in Canada? I need information as regards the questions stated below:

1. Will I be required to resend transcripts from Unilag? *scares me*.
2. My ECA evaluation was completed late last month and WAEC result was not required for the processing. Will this be needed ?
Please guys what's the best ECA evaluation body right now in terms of speed of service? I'm using WES (Still waiting on FUTO to send transcript) but I want to use another company for my wife's bachelor's degree, because I don't have money to throw on verification and WAEC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jadel03: 7:52am On Oct 09, 2018
How long has she been away?

Who were the people you spoke to?

Did they tell you when she would be back?

The honest truth is that she is the only one that has been assigned to that desk(transcript verification).

Mine took forever too before it was sorted.

You need to find out from your contact person(s) the questions I asked so you can know the next step to take.

It is possible they assign someone else to relieve her while she is away.

DEEE573:
Hello House...
I hail una ooo.

Please i need help and advise....ECA with WES
My 1st degree was with OOU and WES sent a verification request on the 26th of July...

OOU claimed their mailbox server was down and they dont recieve hardcopy...there server was back in mid August...
WES insisted that until the 7weeks of waiting elapsed they wont be sending another request.
The waiting period was over on the 14th of September, then WES finally send another request on the 18th of September....SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN CALLING MRS KAKA, AND EVERY CONTACT I HAVE IN OOU.

Today i was told Mrs Kaka is sick and not around.

PLEASE IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO...I started WES since late March and OOU has been keeping me from even creating my EE Profile till date.

Any ideas /suggestion?
Is there anyone from OOU that can Help?
I pray that no one goes through this but is there anyone here also facing this?

I KNOW WE HAVE SEVERAL THINGS ON OUR PLATES BUT AS THE PA for this process....I AM HOLDING MY FAMILY DOWN....abeg make una help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Layiwoo(m): 7:54am On Oct 09, 2018
Jasmine17:

Funny. Same thing is happening to me at the moment.
My school is aggressively claiming my transcripts has been sent to WES since 1 month+ now and they have proof to show it was delivered successfully. Yet, WES has continue to claim they dont have it.

I wonder what is truly happening over there at WES.

I am just tired, have you mailed WES and what was their response

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.