Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (907935 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sholly2017: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2018
ZugoZugo:
Bro Good morning.

Trust you are doing great? Please may I trouble you for your contact for Unijos WES verification.I did a diploma and mail has been sent to them for verification.

I tried to pm you without success. If it will be a problem getting it across I could drop my mobile no.

Thanks.
pls Bro if you have done your wes verification in Unijos. I need by ur help to facilitate mine. Any contact? or how did you advice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Peace505: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
Good morning house. Can anyone who has processed transcript with Uniben please tell me the official cost. I really need to verify an information ASAP. Thank you

Congrats to all who I have achieved an upgrade, PPR et al. Still reading from behind
It depends. I had to pay someone to help me process it cos it's my first time of requesting for transcript the guy charged me 10k,(you know the process involved.?Uniben wahala) in less than 6weeks my transcript was ready. then 26k for courier to Wes (according to him that's what Uniben collects). Am on the secondary verification now ,which will be ready by end of this week.(still using same guy).
Would have been done with Eca by now but I didn't send my cert on time cos it wasn't ready, didn't know I could use statement of result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by advocatetruth(f): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2018
Good day gurus in the house. Pls is there any med laboratory scientist in the house that has used an alternative assessing body apart from WES? I want to use ICES but most people I Kno have only used WES? Pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by uzo009: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2018
Good day everyone. Happy to join this group (thread). I have a challenge: I have my original WAEC certificate. But WES says it must be sent by the appropriate body sealed and stamped. How do I solve this? Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2018
Peace505:

It depends. I had to pay someone to help me process it cos it's my first time of requesting for transcript the guy charged me 10k,(you know the process involved.?Uniben wahala) in less than 6weeks my transcript was ready. then 26k for courier to Wes (according to him that's what Uniben collects). Am on the secondary verification now ,which will be ready by end of this week.(still using same guy).
Would have been done with Eca by now but I didn't send my cert on time cos it wasn't ready, didn't know I could use statement of result.

Thank you very much for this info. I appreciate. Any others?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Peace505: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2018
uzo009:
Good day everyone. Happy to join this group (thread). I have a challenge: I have my original WAEC certificate. But WES says it must be sent by the appropriate body sealed and stamped. How do I solve this? Thank You
Go to waec head office yaba. You will be directed on what to do.
For the affidavit, don't bother going to court just meet that woman directly opposite the head office. It will save you time and money. Make sure you go on time cos account dept closes by 1pm

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Peace505: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

Thank you very much for this info. I appreciate. Any others?
Like?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ifeoma77:

I'd prefer we keep it on the thread. Others benefit more.
Besides, my wife doesn't like it when I get Nairaland PMs
cry

"My wife". How we go take solve this Ifeoma gender matter?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Xbature: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
Newmum0615:
If you have your funds in Tbills or FD, your average can be way lesser. It won't matter. At least, mine didn't.

So I should just take the letter, and hope this will not affect the funds required for settlement in Canada? If u advise this then I should be ok, except if anyone has a contrary and superior evidenced based argument.

Thanks thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
Peace505:

Like?

That wasn't directed at you. I meant any others with different experience cost wise. Thank you again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
SCAM... My wife ko, My Tomato ni grin grin grin grin
Ifeoma77:

I'd prefer we keep it on the thread. Others benefit more.
Besides, my wife doesn't like it when I get Nairaland PMs
cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kods1900: 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
Okay. Thanks.

Utonne:

8:00am
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
My e-fam... pls lets do more of these updates. It definitely encourages rather than pressurizes. Thanks @Utonne for this. We are following closely behind you.

Please, share your progress so far if you can.

Thanks.

Utonne:

Ok. In the spirit of sharing timelines before receiving PPR, here goes mine

Invitation to Apply (ITA) received: Aug 8
Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR): Aug 24
Medicals Passed (MEP)/Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL): Sep 18
Moved to IP2(Background check is in progress): Sep 18
Biometrics Updated: Sep 25 (Did on the 25th and it was updated a few hours after)
IPI (Your application is in progress)/Notification on how to find a job: Oct 2

I hope this helps someone. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thank you guys for sharing! Now i know the next update for me would be RPRF request and the how to get a job mail!! This feels better than not knowing what is next, lemme just worry about the when. Please be kind enough to let us know of any other update though it seems PPR is just waiting by the corner for you guys.
Utonne:

Biometrics Updated: Sep 25 (Did on the 25th and it was updated a few hours after)
IPI (Your application is in progress)/Notification on how to find a job: Oct 2
smiley
clock89:

Biometrics Completed - Aug 28
IP1/RPRF Request/How to get a Job.. - Sep 27
RPRF paid - Sep 27
ADR changed to Not applicable - Sep 28

Real IP2 - ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
Xbature:

Thanks @Ifeom.a77.
I got to the bank to collect the letter but I’m not ok again o. For analogy sake and not exact funds, The average 6months is like 1m TD is like 3m, current balance is like 1.2m so I asked my account officer that sonsce the funds I need for the PoF is N4.1m can’t he just say average is that 4.1m since the TD is there?
My question now is that should I still use that letter that showed average of 1.2m and the TD of 3m, or i should just use my TD and I have a mutual funds too that makes it over what we need as proof of funds.
Thanks for the advice in advance. I really need to sort this out it’s the last stage. The annoying thing is that when person no get the funds na another problem na Wey person get am, explanation come plenty again?
Newmum is very right. Since your POF is in FD or Tbills, you're good to go.
Stop worrying
Collect the letter as it is, don't try to change it (that's misrepresentation loading right there).
Use the letter, FD, mutual funds and Oanda page. That is very sufficient
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Onebase79(m): 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ifeoma77:

A family I know from church are currently selling off their properties for their move after receiving COPR
The wife/PA is an Airforce officer.
this is great news.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by uzo009: 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thank you so much. Extremely helpful
Peace505:

Go to waec head office yaba. You will be directed on what to do.
For the affidavit, don't bother going to court just meet that woman directly opposite the head office. It will save you time and money. Make sure you go on time cos account dept closes by 1pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by uzo009: 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
I'd also like to ask, is it advisable to put all my money in mutual funds, and use it as proof of funds when the time comes?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
Yes you can.
uzo009:
I'd also like to ask, is it advisable to put all my money in mutual funds, and use it as proof of funds when the time comes?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ifeoma77:

grin grin grin
I learnt from Tojued
tongue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2018
dumprep:

"My wife". How we go take solve this Ifeoma gender matter?

smslive2:
SCAM... My wife ko, My Tomato ni grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by nomad26: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
My fellow future Canadians cheesy I am just starting the EE journey and I would really appreciate if the gurus could take a look at my plan and give advice.

I am married (we are both 33yo with no children) and we plan to immigrate together to Canada by God's grace. Our CRS currently stands at 442.

IELTS - I plan to use an existing IELTS general that I wrote for UK Visa. Please will this be okay? My score was L-9, R-9, W-7.5, S-7.5. However it expires first week of December and I really hope we can get ITA and submit e-APR by then so I don't have to write it again o. Is this a realistic target?

My partner will write IELTS in a few weeks to boost our score (already booked) and hopefully get his result by early Nov.

ECA - I have MSc and partner has BSc. We have already started the evaluation process with ICES (shout out to you guys for the tip!) & our transcripts have been received from our universities. Hoping we can get the ECAs by early Nov.

POF - I need advice on this one o. We currently have the required funds in a joint account by depositing money from our individual salary account last month. So we have only had the money there for just a month. I don't know if this is acceptable for POF. The other alternative is to use a cash fund that I have with my employer (similar to what Indians call provident fund). The money will be paid to me in full lump-sum when I leave the company. The amount meets the POF requirement too and I think I can get a letter from my employer to back this up.
Should I use both options, just to be on the safe side? Please advise me o.

Work reference letter - I have only worked for one company but there was a break in my employment e.g. 2014-2016 working in Nigeria,2017 personal leave, 2018 working in UK for the same company but with a different job title. I want to claim 3+ years of experience so I am planning to request for just one reference letter that will state all the job titles I have had with dates and the r&r. Will this be acceptable?

PCC - in progress

Medicals - planning to do this as soon as we get ITA.

Thanks everyone, God will favour us all o!!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lowla1: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
Paid 25k....then 4k for email verification

stonecoldcafe:
Good morning house. Can anyone who has processed transcript with Uniben please tell me the official cost. I really need to verify an information ASAP. Thank you

Congrats to all who I have achieved an upgrade, PPR et al. Still reading from behind

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
sholly2017:

pls I do I contact u cus of time.
We have correspondence already, I'm waiting for you. Go read my last mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adaji26(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
sleekchic:

My Brother. It is well. OOU has been showing me orishirishi things since Last year October all because of ECA. I am also following Mrs Kaka closely she stopped picking my calls since last week Wednesday. I too dunno what next to do, I was also told she wasn't at work yesterday and I am praying she will respond to WES today. The wait is crazy believe me I understand. It will surely end in praise. Please hang in there lets keep hope alive together.

This Mrs. Kaka is really Kaka-ing on your heads oh. Anyway, best of luck and keep your head up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
sholly2017:

pls I do I contact u cus of time.
Check your mailbox. I wrote you last.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
I decided to try my luck with IELTS to ascertain if this journey is meant for me.( That IELTS money no be here)

Anyway, wrote with MOD in September, result came LSRW [ 8.5, 7.0, 9, 6.5 ]. I was actually impressed with myself. I didn’t believe I could perform so well being my first attempt and going by the comments I read. I told myself I will just wait a while and probably rewrite at a later date. The thought of EOR didn’t even appeal to me because I felt I messed up my writing especially with the section 2 (I wrote advantage/disadvantage essay rather than picking an opinion). However, my section 1 was quite perfect.

After reading several testimonies here, I took up the courage to try my luck with EOR after about 2 weeks. I just applied for a remark of all components (make I play baba ijebu) and was following up with Australia immediately I submitted an EOR.

To my greatest surprise, EOR returned with an upgrade in both speaking and writing LSRW [ 8.5, 8, 9, 7.5 ]. I was really excited but at the same time appalled. I kept asking questions about the difference. All I was told was to thank my stars.

Well.....rather than thanking my stars, I should thank everyone that has contributed one way or the other on this thread. Every resource and information that has guided me were all absorbed on here.

The journey just started! We will all testify at the end.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bankee(f): 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
DEEE573:
Hello House...
I hail una ooo.

Please i need help and advise....ECA with WES
My 1st degree was with OOU and WES sent a verification request on the 26th of July...

OOU claimed their mailbox server was down and they dont recieve hardcopy...there server was back in mid August...
WES insisted that until the 7weeks of waiting elapsed they wont be sending another request.
The waiting period was over on the 14th of September, then WES finally send another request on the 18th of September....SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN CALLING MRS KAKA, AND EVERY CONTACT I HAVE IN OOU.

Today i was told Mrs Kaka is sick and not around.

PLEASE IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO...I started WES since late March and OOU has been keeping me from even creating my EE Profile till date.

Any ideas /suggestion?
Is there anyone from OOU that can Help?
I pray that no one goes through this but is there anyone here also facing this?

I KNOW WE HAVE SEVERAL THINGS ON OUR PLATES BUT AS THE PA for this process....I AM HOLDING MY FAMILY DOWN....abeg make una help me.

My person, I know how you feel, just a few days ago, I was in your shoes...I started since April.
The email server crashed end of July and has been back up since August 2.

Mrs Kaka ,although she doesnt picks calls has been most helpful. I had to travel down las las myself to go speak to her and she was very helpful, I made her check junk, spam, quoted dates that WES sent etc.

it was not there!

Meanwhile , Mrs Kaka receives and responds to loads of WES related emails daily. I met them working on it. I hear she even attends to them late in the nights due to the time difference.

Anyways, I went back to WES. called them on phone, emailed them on contact us.

I asked them to check the email they used to send to OOU, they told me they were not obliged to receive the email from me due to fraud but I suspect that helped as I told them to check other correspondences with OOU, it was only after this time, did WES send a 3rd email (september that finally went through to Mrs Kaka email.

Question: so what happened to the other ones?
Is it possible that WES staff made an error in copying out the email from the transcript?

Dont wait for that their 7 weeks story oh...dont dull!

I event

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by markmp01: 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
joo2018:
Just a model.
Gracias...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Homguy(m): 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
GOOD day fam, I am at studio 24 and they are charging a a bill of 1,500 naira for soft copy and 1,500 for hard copy. Which is advisable? Do I pay for only soft copy or is the hardcopy better? I intend scanning the hardcopy though as I cannot pay for both.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fadia: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
You don't need the hard copy to submit your application. I only collected the soft copy and that's what I uploaded.

Homguy:
GOOD day fam, I am at studio 24 and they are charging a a bill of 1,500 naira for soft copy and 1,500 for hard copy. Which is advisable? Do I pay for only soft copy or is the hardcopy better? I intend scanning the hardcopy though as I cannot pay for both.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sleekchic(f): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
DEEE573:
Hello House...
I hail una ooo.

Please i need help and advise....ECA with WES
My 1st degree was with OOU and WES sent a verification request on the 26th of July...

OOU claimed their mailbox server was down and they dont recieve hardcopy...there server was back in mid August...

Just spoke with my contact at OOU some minutes ago she said Mrs kaka is at work today but she said the network is down.

It is well o. One day we will testify

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.