Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (907934 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
Awesome! Congrats purplerain.

purplerain:
Hi All.

Its PPR guys. Yes o, after 7 months, London VO has freed me.
AOR: 4 March 2018
MEP: 13 March 2018
IP2 : 9 Oct 2018
PPR: 9 Oct 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by boundlessjoy: 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

It sha ended in praise!!!.

Congratulations dear!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by NeneSisi: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congratulations!!!! I could feel your feels while reading ��

purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

ADR 1: 19 Sep 2018
ADR 2: 2 Oct 2018
RPRF : 5 Oct 2018

In January 2018, Hubs and I decided to apply for Canadian PPR. I am the primary applicant, and I have a foreign masters degree, so WES evaluation was pretty easy.
A day after we entered the pool, we received our ITA.
I always knew our application would get sent to London. It was a feeling i couldnt shake.
On 21-Mar 2018, i got a "how to get a job in canada email".
Chai, i knew we had entered 1 chance grin

I called hubby and told him my worst fears had come true. But he was still trying to give me hope. The email is not a guarantee of transfer to London. I said ok o..make we dey see.

In May 2018, we called IRCC, and they confirmed that in deed on that day, our file was transferred to LVO.

July 2018, i sent LVO an email, asking for an update on my application, their response was i was in a queue waiting review.

Sept 4 2018, exactly 6 months after AOR, i sent Ralph an email. Asking for an update. He responded that although my file was initially reviewed on 7-Aug, nothing had been started.

Chai!!!! 6 months, nothing. I wont lie, I cried.

19-Sep-18: LVO sent me 8 ADR requests. Yes, O, 8!!!!!

We compiled and submitted everything on 25 of Sept.

2 of Oct, another ADR. This time, 1 year bank statement for my salary account.

We submitted the one i generated from mobile app, including reference letter from the bank, 12 months payslip, and updated POF. (the last 3 were to be sure they had everything o).

On 5-Oct, we received RPRF request. That day, i knew it was only a matter of time.
Family members were already dancing and jubilating o..Hubs and I were still waiting for PPR, before we dance sha.

12pm today, it came o....

Finally!!!!

Please help me thank God o. He has been in charge from the get go.

Did i mention that the second ADR came from Lagos office.. Yes o, Lagos immigration.

Only God knows how and when Lagos became involved in my case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congratulations @purplerain Wow!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congratulations but 8 ADRs is really scary o. What docs did they request for?
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Finally!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wumi247: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hello family.
Please I need answer help
1) How do we enter the pool ,what are the documents to get ready ,or need,
2) Do we get all the documents on the site of the particular province we are interested in?
3) What are the step by step to take
4) Pls is there any whatsup group for this forum
5) From what I have read so far ,can hubby apply for re-marking of his test
6) How do we apply for the re-mark
7) Which of the province is easy to get ITA?
cool How do we send result to WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
wumi247:
Hello family.
Please I need answer help
1) How do we enter the pool ,what are the documents to get ready ,or need,
2) Do we get all the documents on the site of the particular province we are interested in?
3) What are the step by step to take
4) Pls is there any whatsup group for this forum
5) From what I have read so far ,can hubby apply for re-marking of his test
6) How do we apply for the re-mark
7) Which of the province is easy to get ITA?
cool How do we send result to WES?

You need to read page 1 and digest it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Congrats!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
Am so happy with you darling. Congratulations and I wish you all the best in the new abode. Please I have few questions sha.
1. What were those 8 ADR at first
2. Why did they request for your 1year statement of account for your current account?
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

In January 2018, Hubs and I decided to apply for Canadian PPR. I am the primary applicant, and I have a foreign masters degree, so WES evaluation was pretty easy.
I always knew our application would get sent to London. It was a feeling i couldnt shake.

I called hubby and told him my worst fears had come true. But he was still trying to give me hope. The email is not a guarantee of transfer to London. I said ok o..make we dey see.

In May 2018, we called IRCC, and they confirmed that in deed on that day, our file was transferred to LVO.

July 2018, i sent LVO an email, asking for an update on my application, their response was i was in a queue waiting review.

Sept 4 2018, exactly 6 months after AOR, i sent Ralph an email. Asking for an update. He responded that although my file was initially reviewed on 7-Aug, nothing had been started.

We submitted the one i generated from mobile app, including reference letter from the bank, 12 months payslip, and updated POF. (the last 3 were to be sure they had everything o).

On 5-Oct, we received RPRF request. That day, i knew it was only a matter of time.
Family members were already dancing and jubilating o..Hubs and I were still waiting for PPR, before we dance sha.

Finally!!!!

Did i mention that the second ADR came from Lagos office.. Yes o, Lagos immigration.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by xtosync: 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Finally!!!!

Congratulations!

Hmmm... interesting. So IRCC Lagos Office is now working.
I pray this signal the beginning of the end for interviews in Accra for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zanotee: 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
who else has done WES with IMSU ( Imo state university)... How is the process...
Help a mate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mosky47: 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wow...... Great news!
Congrats.

Abeg, who be Ralph? smiley Is he someone we should know?
purplerain:
Hi All.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Supergirl1: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congratulations @purplerain. Go and flourish in your new home.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
sholly2017:

sorry that inbox is not functioning u can email me here oma3009@gmail.com
OK. Check my response there now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by purplerain(f): 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thanks dear

Supergirl1:
Congratulations @purplerain. Go and flourish in your new home.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by purplerain(f): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thank you. Ralph is a Canadian Minister. When your application has passed normal processing time (6 months), you can send an email to him, asking for an update. He would get in touch with IRCC, and communicate whatever he gets to you.

mosky47:
Wow...... Great news!
Congrats.

Abeg, who be Ralph? smiley Is he someone we should know?

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by doncorleone(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
smslive2:
This is currently IP2... If it remains like this, then PPR is closer than ever however, most cases it reverses back to IP1. So kneel and pray harder
There is a WhatsApp group for Nigeria August AOR... PM me if you are not in the group yet and interested...

Is there any WhatsApp group for June AOR's? If there is kindly indicate. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by purplerain(f): 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thanks dear.

Employment letter, 6 months payslip with bank statements showing salary inflow, degree cert for hubby, Hubby's visa(he was in Australia at that time), explanation for how i am qualified to do what i do, explanation for why my daughter and I weren't with hubs in Australia, height and eye details, and passport bio data page.

I seriously do not know what they were looking for o, with the 1 year statement.

[quote author=Richness1104 post=71933740]Am so happy with you darling. Congratulations and I wish you all the best in the new abode. Please I have few questions sha.
1. What were those 8 ADR at first
2. Why did they request for your 1year statement of account for your current account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by doncorleone(m): 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congratulobia!
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Finally!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Favoured2505: 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congratulations! I can't imagine the 'cry'. The process really gets frustrating at times. Please do you by any reason know why they requested for 1year salary account? Didn't you attach your payslips in the initial application?
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congrats! Imagine the stress. Go and prosper!
Lagos Visa Office indeed.
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Finally!!!!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by oluphilip2008(f): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
fmsimple:
Some of the important things you should get done as a newcomer in your first week after landing

David S. Lesperance

Step 1: Make a list of your personal effects which you will a) be flying with; b) be shipping by container. For immigration (deals with the person) purposes you are an individual who is accepting Canada’s offer to permanently reside in Canada. For customs (deals with goods) purposes, you are a new resident of Canada. Since it is your intention to reside in Canada for more than 12 months, you will be entitled to bring in personal effects free of duty. To speed up the process, I would highly recommend that you pre-fill B4E form.

Step 2: Book and board a flight to Canada

Step 3: On arrival at the Customs hall, you will stand in the Visitor line. Like everyone on the plane you will fill in E-311 form. When you get to the front of the line, you will then meet a human official of Canada Border Services who is working at the Primary Inspection Line. Hand the officer your Canadian permanent residence paperwork, passport and E-311 Form. Indicate to the officer that you are moving to Canada for the first time and that you have some personal effects in your luggage and some that will be shipped later. The official will first refer you to the Secondary Immigration Inspection Area. They will do this by making an annotation on your E-311.

After you walk away from this first officer, a second officer will look at your E-311, note the annotation and direct you to Immigration Secondary. There you will line up to meet an initial officer, who will read your E-311 and ask for your passport and permanent residence paperwork. If secondary is busy you will be asked to sit and wait for someone to call your name. Once you meet with the processing officer in immigration secondary, they will “land” you, which is the administrative process of becoming a permanent resident. They will also take your photo for the Permanent Resident Card which will be created later. This card will be mailed to you in about 6 weeks. If you do not have a Canadian mailing address at the time of landing, you will need to provide one online later. They will then release you to retrieve your baggage.
After you recover your luggage but before you leave the secured area, another officer will look at your E-311 form and refer you to Customs Secondary. At secondary, they will review your pre-filled B4E form. They may or may not also check your luggage to determine if a) any contraband or b) confirm the items listed on your B4E as accompanying.
Once you are finished with secondary, you will then be directed out of the secured area and into the airport proper. IOW: Canada!

Step 4: Ship your goods: Assuming that you will send a container with some personal effects, then you will need to deal with this customs documentation. Depending on your port of arrival and where you are shipping the goods, you will need to ‘clear these goods’ on arrival by following the instructions given either by your shipper or the Customs Secondary Officer.

Step 5. After arrival secure basic new Canadian documentation: It varies from province to province but I will give you the example of the province of Ontario.

a) Social Insurance Number: This is the basic Federal taxpayer identification number and can be obtained on-line or at an office. Note: When Canadians talk about a “SIN card”, they are referring to this document, not a scorecard of spiritual transgressions.

b) Provincial health insurance: You are entitled to national health coverage, which is administered by each province. Here is the process for Ontario Health Insurance (OHIP). Note that there is a 3 month waiting period for new residents of Ontario before coverage starts so make sure you continue your current insurance or obtain travel insurance to cover this three month period;

c) Driver’s Licence: This is a bit more complicated depending on whether you are coming from one of the countries which has automatic transfer rights with Ontario. Read this information carefully and secure the proper records before leaving for Canada;

d) Bank Accounts and Credit Cards: As a new resident of Canada, you will have no banking history or credit rating. Therefore I would highly recommend that you open an account with HSBC and obtain a credit card from them. You will then have a) a debit and credit card that you can use in Canada without incurring heavy wire transfer fees; and b) an opening for a relationship with a Canadian Bank that will make it easier for you to open a Canadian bank account and credit card as HSBC Canada will work with HSBC . You can later choose another Canadian bank, but this is a great starting point.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
1. I don't see a problem with either option. The requirement though is to inform IRCC when your address changes and that's what I'd do.
2. Use this link (here) to check if there is a VAC in the country you are going.

missyou2:
Hi guys,
Please advise me. I will submit my EE application this week. However, I will be travelling out of Nigeria for over a month from early Nov. From the trends, I see that Biometrics is requested after 3weeks+.
1. Should I inform CIC in low during sunmission of my intended travel or I should inform them after I have submitted.
2. Can biometrics be done in another country (Africa)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by clock89: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

PPR: 9 Oct 2018

Finally!!!!

Congratulations!!! After parking the file for so long, LVO wanted to form activity.. LOL

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wow!!! a big congratulations to you for scaling through. Thank God.

I feel the agony you both would have gone through all through the period. BTW what business does Lagos immigration have to do with this application. Is this telling us something we need to be aware of. Are you self employed?

Please, if you don't mind, can you kindly share with us the 8 ADRs sent to you.. as this could help one or more people on this platform.

Thanks so much.

It has finally ended in praise***

purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Finally!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by simplyalero(f): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hello house,

Thought to share this to encourage those at the early stage of their journey.
decided to immigrate late 2017 but was lackadaisical about it . So no thorough research done. all i new was that ielts was need to pass eligibility test.

Ist attempt (BC): 11/11/2017 (LRWS: 8.5,7.5,7,7)

Thought i was set but then i realised, while using the “come to Canada tool”, that education will not be recognised unless evaluated and found equivalent to a Canadian degree. So i decided it’s time for ECA.
Paid for ECA Dec.7th 2017 with WES, but alas! NASU strike.

Eventually got ECA completed July 2018, entered the pool same day but by then age has caught up with me as my birthday was in May so i lost 5 points and i had to register for another ielts to try and max it out for additional points. therefore:

2nd attempt (MOD): 18/08/2018 (LR[b]W[/b]S: 8.5,8,6.5,7.5)

Checked online and was disappointed, cause writing was the only component i felt satisfied with at the end of the test. Felt i did’t perform quite satisfactorily in others as compared to my first attempt. So i decided EOR is the way to go. I didn’t bother collecting my TRF, instead i paid and requested for a remark the same day result came out. Followed up the request immediately with IDP Australia and then once every week just to keep tabs.

Got my EOR yesterday. Writing upgraded from 6.5 to 7.
CRS now 444. Fingers crossed, hoping for a favourable draw come next week.

So guys be encouraged, never give up and do not waste time cause, if i hadn’t wasted time, i wouldn’t have needed the 2nd ielts i sat for and would have saved myself 68K, but all things working together for good i believe. Also, INFORMATION IS KEY! Search the web. Search this forum extensively. it is a treasure field. Didn’t know about this forum until after i submitted my profile for EE in July and nevertheless, i have really learnt a lot that can help, even as i press forward on this journey. Above all, commit all your ways into God’s hands and HE will order your steps by His Grace!

55 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
Looks like IDP is doing good on remarks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
missyou2:
Hi guys,
Please advise me. I will submit my we application this week. However, I will travelling out of Nigeria for over a month from early om the trends, I see that Biometrics is requested after 3weeks+.
1. Should I inform CIC in low during sunmission of my intended travel or I should inform them after I have submitted.
2. Can biometrics be done in another country (Africa)
You have 30 days to get the biometrics done from the day you get the BIL. So I think you will be able to meet up and would be back in Nigeria before the 40 days are up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2018
MrniceG:
Good evening everyone and gurus in the huz. I'm a bit worried now and scard I just wished I never got myself into this befor now. Seriously I began i & my wife'S ECA wit ICES yesterday. I was also told that student copy transcript can be issued to student based on request but boldly written as (student copy ) i was happy wen i heard that.

But the problem is this transcript is sent with ur date of birth and every detailed address information given during ur 1st year in sch from sample shown to me. The DOB during my 1st year in sch then & present is different & d present DOB in my passport I hv indeed traveled out with it to sourthafrica and i also applied for Poland visa twice this year training but was denied.

I tried talking to Hod exams and record that the DOB used during 1st year in sch was a mistake from my parent, na lie I lied ooo, i just couldn't tell d truth that the present DOB was my making during the course of looking 4 job back then because of labour market age discrepancies also showed them an affidavit with national population commission birth certificate and certificate with same DOB i did 9 years ago. She didn't still agree.

Note: The desk offiicer told me that they have once treated this kind of case before.

So I meet a big bros of mine who is staff in my sch, we went to meet a top administor, told him everything and he did said No much problem to that regards but he directed us to the school registrar. We meet with the school registrar had a long discussion with him but he senced I was not saying the truth that their can be mistake during my 1st year in sch. That this my kind of case has come to his table several tyms. Well the summery of every thing he told us was that his colleague that sent us to him shuld come and tell him how that can b treated. We still hv an appointment with the top administor tomorrow to meet the exams and record hod on this matter.

I also called two of my immigration officers to enquire if it's possible for old DOB to be corrected back to my passport but was told that it's possible but it will cost me close to 150k and it may stay a month plus b4 it will come out. That it be done from Abuja.

Pls guz, i need ur advice on what to do next in this case, i just hate wat i have done to myself.

Seriously waiting hear from you guz.

Thanks

The first question to ask is; Does ICES put DOB on their ECA?
If no, then stop delaying your school and let them send the transcript like that.
If yes, then try your best to get it changed from the school, if they refuse, attach the necessary documentation for ICES and hope they are convinced with your argument and choose to put your new DOB.
If all else fails, you can try the option of explaining all this to IRCC in a LOE. I don't recommend changing the DOB on the passport. Remember that you went to do affidavit for the new age and swore that you were telling the truth. Backtracking now means perjury - a big deal

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.