Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910015 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by soulhighman(m): 5:35am On Oct 12, 2018
Good day everyone. I've been following this thread since last year. Not every pages but honestly, I've learnt a lot so far. I'm planning to enter the pool by next year February insha Allah. This is due to POF plans (I'm saving it bit by bit and I don't have someone who can give me gift).

So far so good:

Ielts:8.5,8.5,7,7 LSRW (Since last year October, while applying for an Australian visa)

projected CRS score :450

ECA:In progress. I'm using wes. My UK school is posting my transcript free of charge. I already checked how long it would take on royal mail website since the school uses standard delivery. It says 5-7 days. WES didn't ask for certificate. I don't know if I should fax it to them anyway or just wait to see if they will contact me for it.

PCCs:I will do them later. I need to do Nigerian, UK and Australia (current location)

Work reference:I want to use NYSC. I plan to submit my NYSC certificate, bank statement covering the NYSC period, work reference letter and LOE explaining that the first month payment was made in cash. I'm trying to follow Dumprep and Glitteringstar 's foot steps. But
there is a little problem. While I was serving, I was attached to a university and my job was more of that of a lab technician/technologist (NOC 2221). I already contacted one of my bosses (not a lab worker) to help me present my case to the Hod. We agreed that I will write the reference letter by myself (to ensure compliance with CIC format) and he would help me get it printed with the school's letter head, HOD signs and departmental stamp is appended. I've seen the JD of biological technician on the canny website and it closely matches what I did, but since I don't have access to information about the typical a duties of anyone in such position as stated by the school, I'm still scared if writing it off hand based on what I understand could cause any issues. The question may sound stupid to some, but the thing is that I've seen that most people's JD here are fully detailed and written by the hr. Maybe Newmum0615 can help out. I've seen the great jobs you've been doing here.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pretygurll: 5:35am On Oct 12, 2018
Lansky:
IELTS results for 29th September are LIVE. Log in n check.
End z 13 days tension shocked
God bless

I have tried to check mine but I keep getting the no result response. What do i do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adunnee: 5:44am On Oct 12, 2018
pretygurll:

I have tried to check mine but I keep getting the no result response. What do i do?

Same here. Please post the link.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adunnee: 5:48am On Oct 12, 2018
orenishii:

On the result checker page enter your International Passport number and your full exam no.
How many digits does the full exam number have?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pretygurll: 5:51am On Oct 12, 2018
Adunnee:

How many digits does the full exam number have?

6 I think
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 5:56am On Oct 12, 2018
Thanks for Prompt feedback. Full Exam Exam No? Thats Candidate No right? I am writing that exactly but keep getting No result found o abi dey upload in batches in? Mak thes pple no let tension kil pson o chai!
orenishii:

On the result checker page enter your International Passport number and your full exam no.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adunnee: 5:58am On Oct 12, 2018
pretygurll:

6 I think
mine is 5.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pmag22: 6:03am On Oct 12, 2018
Long post alert
Very Silent reader
Had been planning to write here but very busy.
So just a few pointers as someone might need them.
PRE ITA TO COPR STAGE
Wrote IELTS and evaluated my M.Sc certificate + IELTS only from spouse
PCC Nigeria + Uk
Scanned each document and saved in individual folder for me,spouse and child
Funds in Savings account UK,just stamped statement of account + Oanda exchange + table for the conversion etc as funds were in GBP.
Reference letter was from Nigeria and not very detailed so attached other proof as experience was over 3 years ago.
Submitted nearly 1 week to deadline as was so busy with work etc( infact took annual leave)
Medicals wasn’t too straightforward, more test done and more cost plus logistics .
Got to Ip2 before medicals were passed, ordered GCMS note saw a few concerns particularly work experience- worthy to note is that my education and work experience were so parallel.
Immediately got more proof backing work experience and more LOE sent via CSE called CIC letter confirmed twas received.
Summary at the end interview recommended and attended- explained job duties in simple and practical terms to the VO etc was a wonderful time, good chat and advice on living as a PR as eligibility became passed.
Fees paid/PPR, had an issue with photo passports submitted , photos requested again, all sent. COPR received
Advice- pls write detailed LOE when something is not straight.
Follow up with CIC and panel physicians when necessary.
Pray to God and do lots of research especially if you have a unique situation.
APPLIED FROM UK, VISA OFFICE- LONDON, NATIONALITY- NIGERIAN.
For anyone waiting, may God bring your PPR,COPR,IELTS to you soonest in Jesus Name.
I really hope this answers someone’s question. Thanks to all those contributing and helping others.

67 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pretygurll: 6:08am On Oct 12, 2018
Please has anyone been able to check the results?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by beges: 6:11am On Oct 12, 2018
pretygurll:
Please has anyone been able to check the results?
It appears to be MOD IDP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Lansky(m): 6:16am On Oct 12, 2018
Not sure but someone told me to try later in the day or Saturday morning.
29th September has been up for over 24hours but I was getting "No Results found' up until it finally came through about 4hours ago.
My candidate number is 4 digits; safe to presume the length varies.

pretygurll:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pretygurll: 6:21am On Oct 12, 2018
beges:

It appears to be MOD IDP

So BC hasn't released yet
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by FirstTImeUser: 6:49am On Oct 12, 2018
Good morning house

I intend to draft a letter of reference to be sent to the HOD of my Nysc place of primary assignment for signature. I can't quote a specific annual salary because i ,alongside my fellow corpers,was not placed on a salary grade level. Moreover I didn't spend up to a year there( batch b vis-à-vis got ppa 2 months after camp).Also our monthly allowance varied by a few naira and kobo. is it COMPULSORY to include my monthly allowance in my letter of reference? Can't I be silent on the amount? My average work hours is included though. Can I just say in the letter
'..... he was being paid a monthly allowance by the hospital apart from the monthly federal allowance.....'?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Babesy: 7:01am On Oct 12, 2018
Kh1rrah:
Finally, IELTS hurdle is out of the way. grin grin
LRWS- 8.5,8.5,7.0,8.0 (2nd attempt)

Big congratulations. I pray to testify this way also IJN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Babesy: 7:03am On Oct 12, 2018
iamkunski:
God did it!
MOD IDP LRWS - 8.5, 8.0, 7.0, 8.0
CRS stands at 447. What a relief!

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 7:04am On Oct 12, 2018
Congrats.... I enjoy tapping into this kinda testimony....
pmag22:
Long post alert Very Silent reader
PRE ITA TO COPR STAGE
PCC Nigeria + Uk
Funds in Savings account UK,just stamped statement of account + Oanda exchange + table for the conversion etc as funds were in GBP.
Reference letter was from Nigeria and not very detailed so attached other proof as experience was over 3 years ago.
Submitted nearly 1 week to deadline as was so busy with work etc( infact took annual leave)
Medicals wasn’t too straightforward, more test done and more cost plus logistics .
Got to Ip2 before medicals were passed, ordered GCMS note saw a few concerns particularly work experience- worthy to note is that my education and work experience were so parallel.
Immediately got more proof backing work experience and more LOE sent via CSE called CIC letter confirmed twas received.
Summary at the end interview recommended and attended- explained job duties in simple and practical terms to the VO etc was a wonderful time, good chat and advice on living as a PR as eligibility became passed.
Fees paid/PPR, had an issue with photo passports submitted , photos requested again, all sent. COPR received
For anyone waiting, may God bring your PPR,COPR,IELTS to you soonest in Jesus Name.
I really hope this answers someone’s question. Thanks to all those contributing and helping others.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by nomad26: 7:04am On Oct 12, 2018
Congratulations @pmag22, sharing your experience gives me hope o, I will be applying from UK but I haven't entered the pool yet. It seems that being proactive by ordering GCMS notes really paid off. It's a good point to keep in mind for us freshers.
Good luck as you begin your new life in Canada smiley

pmag22:
Long post alert
Very Silent reader
PRE ITA TO COPR STAGE
PCC Nigeria + Uk

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by duvocharrison: 7:11am On Oct 12, 2018
Good Morning Guys,

please i need help on how to go about ielts remarking with MOD IDP. i wrote on 29th Sept and i checked my result this morning. LRWS 8/9/6.5/7.5.
i want to remark the writing and i need the necessary emails addresses both idp australia to copy to push them to work on it as at when due.
please i really need help with this urgently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 7:13am On Oct 12, 2018
Pls if one gets N/A in one of the modules what does that mean. MOD IDP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pejuhazel(f): 7:18am On Oct 12, 2018
IELTS result out: LRSW, 8.5/9/8/6, first attempt. This result dropped my CRS from 459 to 396, I don't know whether to apply for a remark or register for a new one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by phemmy26(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2018
pejuhazel:
IELTS result out: LRSW, 8.5/9/8/6, first attempt. This result dropped my CRS from 459 to 396, I don't know whether to apply for a remark or register for a new one.

apply for a remark and prepare for another one also...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pretygurll: 7:22am On Oct 12, 2018
Please is this Mod result or BC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pejuhazel(f): 7:26am On Oct 12, 2018
Thanks but how do I apply for a remark, how much is it and how long will it take?
phemmy26:

apply for a remark and prepare for another one also...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Deniceone: 7:29am On Oct 12, 2018
gaths:
PPR!!! PPR!! PPR!!!

Silent reader coming through.........

Kimon.... Kimon.... kimon... I have screamed, danced danced danced all over the place, Still in shock.... This God is toooooooo goooooood oooo

Congratulations! I can't wait to do my "kimon dance" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by POTUSUK: 7:36am On Oct 12, 2018
Please wanted to ask. Getting a Naija PCC from a third party site like e.g gateway.ng whats the downside to that?

I read online that getting a Naija PCC from a third party site like e.g gateway.ng has to be certified.
1. is this true?
2. If true, why?. How is the PCC obtained living in Nigeria different from that you obtain if its sent to you overseas?

3. Or is it the case that every PCC gotten is certified?

I await your responses. Gracias fam!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by HRgirl: 7:38am On Oct 12, 2018
Lansky:
I can link you to the person that helped us and you can ask for a link to the person responsible for your department.

Thanks for this response sir! I have attempted to send you and email. You can respond with the contact sir! It will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DaddyNimo(m): 8:00am On Oct 12, 2018
duvocharrison:
Good Morning Guys,

please i need help on how to go about ielts remarking with MOD IDP. i wrote on 29th Sept and i checked my result this morning. LRWS 8/9/6.5/7.5.
i want to remark the writing and i need the necessary emails addresses both idp australia to copy to push them to work on it as at when due.
please i really need help with this urgently.
it's 45k and it's 50/50 chance of increasing. so personally I would recommend you just write anoda test, rada than gambling with 45k
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DaddyNimo(m): 8:00am On Oct 12, 2018
pejuhazel:
writing also forked me up, I'm so weak right now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pejuhazel(f): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2018
Mehn sorry, I just registered with IDP to write again on the 27th. God help us all, the delay is annoying though.
DaddyNimo:

writing also forked me up, I'm so weak right now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:11am On Oct 12, 2018
The differential btw LRS and W is quite high. Try the remark.
pejuhazel:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 8:11am On Oct 12, 2018
hello. 459 is a great CRS score you dont need to re write or remark if you ask me...
pejuhazel:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 12, 2018
Tojued:

Register now and write first semester exams next month. When I say register now I mean now now, it can close at any moment.

OK I will do that now
Please PM, please I have more enquiry

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.