Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (913944 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 11:22am On Oct 21, 2018
venorite:
Wow thanks. I was thinking .

You had to say this here I guess? You couldn’t keep that part to yourself?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by FaskRolce: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Typing the letter on your laptop = free
Printing = #50
Signing (pen) = #50
Transport to nearest high court = #50 - #1000
Notarizing in high court = #1500 - #2500
Transport back home = #50 - #1000
Scanning = #0 - #200

You're welcome tongue
Must it be notarized? What of stamp and signature of commissioner of oaths? Or the latter is not accepted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2018
CanadianNaija:

You had to say this here I guess? You couldn’t keep that part to yourself?
can atleast delete my comment on your quote. Like I said I am new in all these
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Biakwa: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2018
Good morning family,

Am planning on traveling to Ireland for studies how can I start processing my PR to Canada ,giving the fact am the only one going my family is still in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 11:48am On Oct 21, 2018
olabellruk:
Ah ah, o gaa o. Somethings we say/write are just not proper na. Haba.

please delete my comment on your quote.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2018
daks01:
Na wa for you people o

oga please delete my comment on your quote
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2018
venorite:

Wow thanks. I was thinking of getting funds from a friend and doing TB then liquidating later after getting my certificate.

The only way to stop this fraudulent practices is by exposing people like you which will hopefully lead to policy change by Canadian embassy.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2018
justwise:

The only way to stop this fraudulent practices is by exposing people like you which will hopefully lead to policy change by Canadian embassy.
Bros e never reach like that na..the guy admitted that he is a newbie..

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
happyme31:

Congratulations ��

Please I am new here and need advice from everyone here. I have a Masters Degree in Architecture and an Full inducted member of my professional body. I work in a construction/real estate company.
My husband has a Masters Degree in French studies, he teaches French to high school students and also does translations part-time (though translation jobs dont come often). We have the same number of years in job experience
Who has a better chance of getting a higher evaluation score?

kindly read from page 1 most if not all of the information you need is there. If there are any peculiar question, you can ask. The younger person who attended a reasonable school should be the P.A. IMO your hueband, due to knowledge if French language
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jordie: 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Take it easy oh, the best you can do is to tell him its not an acceptable thing to do. If policy change people will get by. Funds are not easy to acquire these days. God help and provide for us all.

justwise:

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
jordie:
Take it easy oh, the best you can do is to tell him its not an acceptable thing to do. If policy change people will get by. Funds are not easy to acquire these days. God help and provide for us all.

Debsify:

Long overdue, this has been going on here far too long and many have reported it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by happytbaby: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2018
@Dumprep: hearty congratulations.

@Topsmamen; you are the real MVP, the things we do for love!

@Ddshow: congratulations, you have got me blushing

@Jemulsboy: congratulations, sorry I have been extremely quiet.

@Smslive: my Sugar crush, where is our PPR now? Sorry for my MIA, life got busy

@Stonecoldcafe: congratulations

@Sthill5: congratulations on the ECA and ITA

I only went through my mentions as it will be difficult for me to catch up.

Happy Sunday y'all

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fmsimple(m): 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
venorite:

Wow thanks. I was thinking of ... certxxxate.

Please delete your post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nazor83: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Happy Sunday Guys,

Please I want to confirm how often the Planning for Canada Sessions are held in Port Harcourt. Is it monthly or ?.
Anybody that knows should kindly give me an insight please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by FirstTImeUser: 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
elejoka:
It doesn't need to be stamped.

Thanks.I am grateful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by FirstTImeUser: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
raphrulz:
Stamping and notarization not compulsory. As long as it is on the company’s letterhead paper and the paper contains the list of key staff of the business, address, email and contact of the person that signed the letter... then no issues. Good luck

It has all you listed.thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hobyno: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
Yakay:

ICES seems to be the faster option and they will give a positive evaluation, but u have to pay per credential, as in 400CAD for OND and HND, which is still better compared to having to go tru WES verification and WAEC hurdles.
Please can one use only HND for his eveluation?
Also how do I pay for ICES since they dont allow bank transfer and payment via debit card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fmsimple(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
Abridged step-by-step procedure for Canada express entry

Step 1: Take IELTS and attain CLB 9 (viz: band score of 8777 in LRWS)
CLB 9 gives candidates additional language points boost of 50–60 points. If you are able to reach the score of 440+ without CLB 9, that is fine too.
Cost - Approx 70k every time you take IELTS.

Step 2: Get your ECA done (approx 6–8 weeks, could be more)
ECA is Education Credential Assessment. It is done by multiple organisations (WES one of them) and provides you the Canadian equivalent degree assessment of your native country education.
Cost - Depends on the assessor organization.

Step 3: Create EE profile on CIC website with your attained IELTS score and ECA
Making a profile enters you in the pool of candidates waiting for the ITA (Invitation to Apply). Make sure all the information mentioned in the profile is accurate as you will be asked to provide proof of all that information once you are selected.
Cost - 0

Step 4: Wait for the draw to reach your score and receive ITA afterwards
The ROI (Rounds of Invidation) happens every 3–4 weeks. The Canadian govt declares the min cut off score of the EE profile and all the candidates having that score or score more than it will get ITA. The score varies and is tweaked to meet a certain number of applicants quota per ROI.
Cost - 0

Step 5: Post ITA, you get 60 days to submit your documents
After candidate's receive ITA, they are suppose to provide documents and proofs of all the information mentioned in their profile along with few others. The documents/information needed from the candidates are:
Travel Document (Passport) of all applicants
Digital Photograph of all applicants
Proof of Employment of primary applicant
Proof of Funds of primary applicant
Proof of Medical of all applicants
Proof of Education & IELTS of all applicants
Police Clearance Certificate (From all countries where you have resided for 6 months or more) of Pry applicant (and accompanying spouse)
Cost varies as Medical cost, PCC fees, Notarization fees etc varies on location.

Step 6: Submit documents, pay Immigration Fee and wait for the PPR (PassPort Request - For stamping)
After submitting the documents and paying the Immigration fees, the Canadian Immigration officers verifies the documents and information provided. This generally takes 3–6 months (sometimes even more!) depending on the application type, countries a person has resided in and most importantly, the immigration visa office where the application has been sent for processing and how much application backlog is there.
Cost - 300k per adult / 43k CAD per child

Step 7: PPR received. Submit Passport and get Canada CoPR (Confirmation of PR)
Once the documents are verified, candidates are intimated about the result of their application via mail. On successful processing, candidates are required to submit the passports of all the applicants for the Visa Stamping and CoPR. Passport is being sent by VFS Global and the stamped passport are returned to the designated address within 2 weeks along with 2 copies of CoPR.

Step 8: Reach Canada on CoPR and apply for PR card
Applicants are suppose to travel to Canada within the tenure mentioned on the passport. The tenure is generally till the time passport is valid or till medical proof is valid, whichever is earlier. In any case, visa will not be for more than 1 year.
Applicants are suppose to plan their travel, temporary or permanent migration, to Canada within the Visa timelines and submit one copy of CoPR at the time of landing. The other copy is stamped and returned.
Submitting CoPR means that Candidates have successfully landed in Canada and this in turn initiates the PR card application for each applicant.

Step 9: Receive PR card (2–3 months)
Official PR Card processing time is 62–65 days and the PR card will be couriered to the address given by the applicants at the time of their landing. The address has to be a Canadian address.
PR Card will be delivered to the address within 50–80 days. In case you have performed soft landing (temporary migration) just to fulfill the landing formalities before the Visa expires, you can request any friend coming to your Naija to bring along your PR card.
PR cards are not couriered outside Canada and have to be delivered in person in such scenarios.

Step 10: You are Canadian PR. Enjoy!
Once you have your PR card, you are officially a Canadian PR. Have fun!
PR card is provided with validity of 5 years. A person is suppose to live in Canada for 730 days in consecutive 5 years to continue his/her PR card for next 5 years after the expiry.
If a person has stayed in Canada for more than 1095 days in consecutive 5 years, he/she is eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.

Some Acronyms Frequently Used in this post & during Visa Processing:
CLB - Canadian Language Benchmark
ECA - Education Credential Assessment
EE - Express Entry
ROI - Round of Invitations
ITA - Invitation to Apply
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency
PPR - Passport Request
PR - Permanent Resident (Residency)

72 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
justwise:

The only way to stop this fraudulent practices is by exposing people like you which will hopefully lead to policy change my Canadian embassy.
ok sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by omidan21: 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
venorite:

Wow thanks. I was thinking of getting funds from a friend and doing TB then liquidating later after getting my certificate.

But who is this person naa let's all speak in one voice and dis condone all this new members coming here to say things like this in the open.habahh. I hope this vo don't see this and ban gift deed for pepps that be genuine gift deed tinz. No body shld come here and spoil chances for us ohh. If u are in caanda and u think other Nigerians coming may hinder ur own opportunity please stop thinking that way. If the whole Nigerian population enter Canada ,Canada go contain us and every one wld be okay individually.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by omidan21: 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
Please note that your friend or family has to dash you the money . The money cannot be borrowed . It has to be completely given to you
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by beges: 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2018
Fshady:
When she goes for medicals, the pregnancy issue will still come because of xray.
She has done Medicals already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by beges: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
gook:

It might not be that straight forward though...Xray may not be done by the hospital If pregnancy is still at early stage.In this case, she might do all other tests, then inform CIC of her pregnancy at early stage,they will most likely put the application on hold till she is able to take the X-ray.Medical won't be passed till Xray is presented by the hospital.
X rays aren't good in early pregnancy.She might not like it,cis we all love to get PPR if possible,next day after AOR,but for the safety of herself and the unborn child, she might have to do it that way.
She has done medical already

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by beges: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
gook:

Oh..all well and good then...She should be hopeful of getting PPR before giving birth.In that case, no need informing them at all.If all goes well with her application, she should get it max 6 months hopefully.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nowujeda(m): 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2018
Glink2018:
Hi folks,
Any LAUTECH graduate in the house?

It's been over 2months that I have processed my transcripts in LAUTECH , yet the status remind the same.

LAUTECH graduate, please kindly advise me on how to hasten the process. Thanks

We are in this together. I applied sometimes in August and nothing productive since then. However, I got to know the issue behind the delay. Aside the payment made on the transcript website, have you paid at your department?

If you don't pay at your department, you can wait till eternity, LAUTECH will not release your transcript, in fact they won't attend to your transcript application in your department.

You can contact me, let's fight this together.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
happyme31:

Congratulations ��

Please I am new here and need advice from everyone here. I have a Masters Degree in Architecture and an Full inducted member of my professional body. I work in a construction/real estate company.
My husband has a Masters Degree in French studies, he teaches French to high school students and also does translations part-time (though translation jobs dont come often). We have the same number of years in job experience
Who has a better chance of getting a higher evaluation score?

I will advise your husband try TEF in addition to IELTS
This will be a boost

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by SAYOSOLA: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
SAYOSOLA:
Good day all, please I need clarification. Is it possible to use the work experience (2008-2013) I got before my PhD for my application. I am assessing my PhD degree which I obtained last year and the work experience I had was in banking operations which is not related at all to my PhD degree or any of my degrees at all.
Please o, experts in the house, what do you think of my case, glitteringstar2, cochtrane, newmum0615, ifeoma77 and anyone that might have a thought on a case like this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
Debsify:

Being a newbie is an excuse for being dubious?

Or a newbie can not read enough to know that we do not encourage the Nigerian way of gaming the system on this thread?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
jordie:

What has God got to do with this?

Will God be consulted when he lands and has money problems that his POF should have covered?

You people forget that you’re all aspiring to go to a place with systems that work, this mindset if not removed will get you all in trouble.
Doing the wrong thing and calling God on top, no fear of the God that you like to call so much.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
CanadianNaija:

What has God got to do with this?

Will God be consulted when he lands and has money problems that his POF should have covered?

You people forget that you’re all aspiring to go to a place with systems that work, this mindset if not removed will get you all in trouble.
Doing the wrong thing and calling God on top, no fear of the God that you like to call so much.

I sincerely understand and agree with what you said... But getting this POF isn't easy for some person however it's wrong for one to discuss fraudulent acts here rather keep them to yourself
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
Yes, you can.
For the year you became qualified to practice, you put the year of your B.Sc.
SAYOSOLA:
Good day all, please I need clarification. Is it possible to use the work experience (2008-2013) I got before my PhD for my application. I am assessing my PhD degree which I obtained last year and the work experience I had was in banking operations which is not related at all to my PhD degree or any of my degrees at all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
SAYOSOLA:

Yes it is possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.