Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times (38907 Views)

Sen. President Goodwill Akpabio the worst senate president? / It’s My Turn To Be Senate President - Orji Uzor Kalu Declares / Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Topmaike007(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2018
see as dem dey negotiate terms like player..
nevertheless welcome to the ruling party..
PMB till 2023
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by opribo(m): 11:05am On Aug 05, 2018
What a way to trick a man, he should have checked their track record first before falling for such a bait.

If he knows this desperados very well who are bent on clinging on to power for life, he would rather turn back before he too will sing 'O My Home, O My Home. When shall I see My Home...

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by wizseller: 11:05am On Aug 05, 2018
Alen4smit:
before october sir.that is the plot the heat is already on him. adopting a frontal attack against a retired military man is a mistake that will cost saraki so dearly.

Retired military man indeed...the dullard is overrated...

What has he been able to do to Saraki for 3 years plus now despite all the persecutions

Wasn't he forced to hail the supreme Court judgement exonerating Saraki?

Una never see anything
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by HomeOfMe(f): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2018
life2017:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/278890-akpabio-defecting-to-apc-buharis-aide-confirms.html
I knew akpabio had been eyeing the senate seat for years. The pdp his former party didn't know him well enough,and apc think that they've won a trophy. Those who know him personally will tell you,you're romancing the scorpion.

2 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by HomeOfMe(f): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2018
Frankiss44:
APC will be very stupid to give another PDP dude the senate presidency.. It might end the Saraki way when things begin to turn sour
They think they've won a trophy. They don't know who theyi dealing with,I laugh in Swahili...

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Bakerdav: 11:12am On Aug 05, 2018
Fake news, he can never be senate President, I can bet it with you, once bitten twice shy
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by SoNature(m): 11:13am On Aug 05, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

If it were not for the fact that APC misfired in the SP election that brought in Saraki and Ekweremadu; and the fact that there is no APC senator from South East, the SP seat would have been zoned to SE automatically.

Now that the game is taking a new face, Akpabio has to be task to win and garner more vote for the President in 2019. He has the money bag and the political strength to win his constituency and probably Akwa Ibom for his state. With that done, he can take the crown that belongs to his region. My opinion

Nonsense

Ordinary people think their opinions matter

It's surprising how you can be in your house and dictate to the national assembly - the same tendency Saraki complained about Tinubu

FYI, there are two APC senators from the South East

APC has no place for the South East politicians
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by NairaMaster1(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2018
progress69:
Saraki eyes go clear 2019. Mark my words grin

In kwara or on Nairaland? Are you a voter from kwara? Akpabio is the loser.

Presently, do we have an APC senator from A/Ibom? Or because APC is on rigging mission?
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by CSTR1005: 11:20am On Aug 05, 2018
saraki would eat him alive.
My money is on saraki.

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by CSTR1005: 11:21am On Aug 05, 2018
saraki would eat him alive.
My money is on saraki.

2 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Mires: 11:21am On Aug 05, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

If it were not for the fact that APC misfired in the SP election that brought in Saraki and Ekweremadu; and the fact that there is no APC senator from South East, the SP seat would have been zoned to SE automatically.

Now that the game is taking a new face, Akpabio has to be task to win and garner more vote for the President in 2019. He has the money bag and the political strength to win his constituency and probably Akwa Ibom for his state. With that done, he can take the crown that belongs to his region. My opinion

Thank God you said it's your opinion. Akpabio defection can only give him Ikot Ekpene senatorial district irrespective of any political party. But Gubernatorial, Akwa Ibom is PDP. He can only increase the votes of APC for presidential election.

3 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by IsioStar1: 11:22am On Aug 05, 2018
modath:

Abeg nor wish this kind thing biko,you want make people dey go do spontaneous diving? Lagoon nor need am abeg!! shocked

Make una nor kill person pikin with laff for here. Shay be PDP think say dem sabi poach, only one touch dem dey shout. Dem never see anything. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by wiseone28: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2018
Bakerdav:
Fake news, he can never be senate President, I can bet it with you, once bitten twice shy
Akpabio will decamp una say fake news.
Akpabio want be Senate president una say fake news.
Which one will you believe? Mr Thomas

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by wiseone28: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2018
NairaMaster1:

In kwara or on Nairaland? Are you a voter from kwara? Akpabio is the loser.

Presently, do we have an APC senator from A/Ibom? Or because APC is on rigging mission?
Akwa ibom have APC Senator
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by idonhammer: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2018
iammo:
Don't kill person with laugh this morning
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by enambobo(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2018
You guys saying he will not get it, it's like you don't know who Akpabio is. That man reaps where he did not sow. Watch and see.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by opribo(m): 11:39am On Aug 05, 2018
If APC does not win in Akwa Ibom, which they cannot anyway.
That is when he will know the party he is associating with.
A very acrimonious and wicked assemblage of the worst politicians on earth.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Bizibi(m): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2018
tallerSSS:
Nigeria's politicians and their self interest
Akpobio is a blood soaked PDP man. there is a plan and he is about to do worse than saraki. the only man that was assigned to finish the job (finally sink APC ship is Akpabio.) that is my forecast for ninja politics
they are happy,infact they should be on their toes now.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2018
Premium Times again angry
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by pembisco(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2018
Alen4smit:
before october sir.that is the plot the heat is already on him. adopting a frontal attack against a retired military man is a mistake that will cost saraki so dearly.

Shut up. Retired military man that cannot handle the insecurity across the nation is that one a retired military man? Let buhari go form retired military man on Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, kidnappers etc across the country and not on a medical doctor turned politician
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by xtraekky(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2018
This is Nigeria....everyone is really trying to consider just their .....
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2018
opribo:
If APC does not win in Akwa Ibom, which they cannot anyway.
That is whrn he will know thr party he is associating with.
A very acrimonious and wicked assrmblage of the worst politicians on earth.

People just join Nairaland to practice their ability to throw hate jibes. Has anyone broken the law? Please relax, you’re all making authoritative comments like you have all the facts and have verified them

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Enice(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2018
Baawaa:
Nigeria's politicians and their self interest
it is not self interest. It is in the interest of the region. Akpabio consulted widely before taking this decision. You guys are the first to shout that everything is going to the North while you play politics of seclusion. The SS is now wise. Anything to bring development to the SS is welcomed. In 2015, the SE refused to vote for Ngige and hence lost the SP seat to the NC. Now if the NC is foolish enough to play bigotted politics, then the SS is wise enough to play inclusive politics

4 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by ollah2: 11:59am On Aug 05, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
I prefer akpabio to saraki.. but then, apc will be making the same mistake if they allow a cross carpeting politician to become Senate president again.

I'm sure tinubu is not the kind of politician that would make same mistake twice.

Timubu didn't make the first mistake, it was actually Buhari who felt he could work with anybody despite Timubu informing him about the kind of person Saraki is

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by writeprof(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
Johnnyessence:
And Apc will give him the senate president seat. hmmm i just dey smile. Niger delta people are pdp are pdp people. they will felt that Akpabio betray his people. Dickson in bayelsa state have said it times without number that Niger delta state are all pdp states. let us see how it unfold.

Let's hope the ND/SS PDP put its house in order. Is APC really concerned about Nigerdelta/SS development/people? My observation was confirmed recently that the APC govt has decided to pick Akwa Ibom/Cross River as their partners/collaborators in the 'settlement' of the South South so Akpabio issue fits in.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by omerta07(m): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2018
Johnnyessence:
And Apc will give him the senate president seat. hmmm i just dey smile. Niger delta people are pdp are pdp people. they will felt that Akpabio betray his people. Dickson in bayelsa state have said it times without number that Niger delta state are all pdp states. let us see how it unfold.
Baba, party is just a platform!
All these talk about south south being PDP is as fake as bobrisky's boobs.
Akpabio becoming senate president is a plus for the south south.
The incumbent is a learner and needs Akpabio more.

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Idrismusty97(m): 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
LOL grin. Everyone were more focused on the people defecting from APC not knowing other big players from the PDP wish to defect to the APC. Saraki, Tambuwal etc have buried their political career with their own hands and will know how easily replaceable they are grin. I don't like the defections things but that's how Nigerian politic is play, You got to be smart! Sai Akpabio for senate president! Sai Buhari 2019!

If he played his card well and not be a betrayal like Saraki he might just clinch the 2023 presidential ticket since it would inevitably zoned to the south by then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by ollah2: 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
CharleyBright:
Every Political move by a Politician has always been & it will always be for their personal interests.
They don't give a doggie Fuccking damn about the masses.
The Politicians go Left, the Masses follow them. The Politicians go Right, the Masses follow them. They choose to stay in the middle, they masses, follow them.
Who are more foolish, the Politicians or the Masses?
These useless Politicians will have sense only when the senseless Masses stop following them about.

" we steal because Nigerians don't stone us" Ameachi 2015

Unfortunately Nigerians are the worst set of zombies to have existed and will ever exist but they believe they are wise and smart.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by klax(m): 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
Good move because if Akpabio eventually become Senate president soon or later he will still dcamp same way like Saraki and more people will leave apc.

Pls Akpabio kindly join apc it's a very good move so you can help in bringing down the satanic sorrow party faster than expected.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Almaiga: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
Charly68:
Politics is about good negotiation on self interest in Africa..Akpabio is a goal getter.. The guy is smart and visionary in achieving his aims,the politics at the hallow chamber will soon gets hotter . Cash for Cash and influence for influence Akpabio is not a push over for the likes of Saraki .
I must commend you, you have a good knowledge of Nigerian politics. Unlike, those Children of hate, who know nothing about politics but, Propaganda and hate.

Nigerians are wiser now.

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Idrismusty97(m): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
klax:
Good move because if Akpabio eventually become Senate president soon or later he will still dcamp same way like Saraki and more people will leave apc.

Pls Akpabio kindly join apc it's a very good move so you can help in bringing down the satanic sorrow party faster than expected.
So he will join APC today and defect tomorrow just packing people with him on wheel barrow lol? You think this is Tom and Jerry? Even if he defect about four years from now the APC must have already benefited a lot from his initial defection so no problem. Besides i don't think he would want to bury his political career like Saraki and Tambuwal grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by PHILipu1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Minus my Edo state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun / Pondei Ignored Doctors' Advice To Attend Hearing - NDDC / Northern Man Selling Party Flags: 'PDP ₦200, LP ₦300, APC - Dey No Dey Gree Buy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.