Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (59291 Views)

Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins / Meet Ibrahim Nagwamatse, Northern King That Squared Off To Lord Lugard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by humilitypays(m): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2018
Chicagoesontop:
I keep saying it, Igbos has been there right from the onset waxing strong, but now what we got for our contribution in this country , is to be labeled terrorists, thieves and all sorts of bad names ...

I will keep saying it again and again, until this respect and status is restored back to the Igbos, this Nigeria will never work .. I happen to know Never say Never, but it this case i said NIGERIA WILL NEVER WORK WITHOUT THE IGBOS .. Mark my words .
Tell them! Ever since Igbos got relegated to the background when it comes to Nigeria's politics and economy, Nigeria has remained in darkness and backward.

Igbos are light, if u want light in Nigeria, make Igbos stand in the front and let the dark north be at the back so the Igbo light can illuminate the area and show them the way to follow, if not, Nigeria won't move forward, its not a curse but a fact known to even whiteman cool

8 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by baby124: 8:35am On Aug 06, 2018
Secretary turn master negotiator abi? Do you even know what Secretary meant in those days? Worse than admin work. He was most likely a translator. You think even Lord Lugard can draft an amalgamation document abi? Or even treaties all by himself? Such things will come as orders directly from the Queen and drafted by her secretaries from the UK. These guys will just go and deliver message with pen and pre-signed agreement. Who were the other boy boy around him?

2 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by gasparpisciotta: 8:35am On Aug 06, 2018
Amalgamating Nigeria could go down as either the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria or a master stroke decision to prevent civil war, genocide or ethnic cleansing. Only God knows..
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Okoroawusa: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2018
This story is a big bull!.Zik's father was never Lord Lugard's secretary.

Why are people twisting facts with fiction?.The picture above is not that of Zik's father.The Op just wants to start a tribal e-war here!

AVOID THIS THREAD!!!

Mynd44,please do something!
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by 12345baba(m): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Chicagoesontop:
I keep saying it, Igbos has been there right from the onset waxing strong, but now what we got for our contribution in this country , is to be labeled terrorists, thieves and all sorts of bad names ...

I will keep saying it again and again, until this respect and status is restored back to the Igbos, this Nigeria will never work .. I happen to know Never say Never, but it this case i said NIGERIA WILL NEVER WORK WITHOUT THE IGBOS .. Mark my words .
Onitsha man no be IBO o
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nicklaus619(m): 8:37am On Aug 06, 2018
haqueurate:
more evidence that zik and his father "sold" nigeria to lord luggard
I hope ipob can now see who sold nigeria to the north

How dose this connect with the write up, You are so short sighted and shallow minded. I believe you never Read the write up. angry .

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2018
12345baba:
Onitsha man no be IBO o
What you just said us absolute rubbish. Igbo are Igbo from Nkwere, Imo State to Ikwere, Rivers State. From Onitsha in Anambra to Onicha in Ebonyi State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by 1shortblackboy: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2018
My friend stop persuading us to see him as a hero he is a collaborator. And what's with calling jaja mazi ? He was an Amanyanabo not a mere mazi

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2018
I was expecting to see them chilling and taking some drinks cheesy

Nice one though. It’s a rare pic

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by ajl: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2018
Chicagoesontop:

No point for South-east to cry for breakup of the country because their kinsmen was part and parcel of Lord Lugard's team that merged different regions together to create Nigeria. So, don't just blame Lugard only. I don't know the kind history they teach in Nigeria's school. Average Nigerians ought to be familiar with this kind of history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by yellowman2225(m): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2018
Imagine these potopoto people bragging because their potopoto grandfather sat beside lugard. This same lugard igbos curse for almagamating Nigeria. igbos and double standard. They shout when they are not favorite

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by CSTR1005: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2018
The azikiwe family are the undisputed founders of Nigeria.
We are Nigerians because of them.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by CSTR1005: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2018
yellowman2225:
Imagine these potopoto people bragging because their potopoto grandfather sat beside lugard. This same lugard igbos curse for almagamating Nigeria. igbos and double standard. They shout when they are not favorite
But lugard did almagamate Nigeria.
Zik job was to smooth the way to ensure less lives are lost in fruitless resistance.

3 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2018
baby124:
Secretary turn master negotiator abi? Do you even know what Secretary meant in those days? Worse than admin work. He was most likely a translator. You think even Lord Lugard can draft an amalgamation document abi? Such things will come as orders directly from the Queen and drafted by her secretaries from the UK. These guys will just go and deliver message with pen and pre-signed agreement. Who were the other boy boy around him?

Do you know the meaning of Private Secretary to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth of UK? What post did Hillary Clinton have in Obama's administration? Secretary of State. That's the number four in the United States after POTUS, VP, Speaker of the House.

Read up more on the word 'secretary'. Read up on the job title Secretary to the Board of Directors. Educate yourself a bit more, please. I beg you. So you don't keep disgracing yourself.

Thank you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by correctguy101(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2018
magicminister:

Shut up!!

Stop exhibiting your inferiority complex here!!

These white folks came into our lands and truncated the progress of our civilization. Our civilization wasn’t as fast as theirs but we would’ve gotten there without them.

Then they favorite a few people whom ruled us and if you look carefully, you’ll see that the descendants of those empowered by the whites are still ruling us!!!

Instead of these cowards to fight for their rights, they cowered and licked the ass of the white man!!!! Shame on every single one of them and may they never Rest In Peace!!!!!!

The guy needs to educate himself on geopolitics.

Zik and his father, the Balewas and the rest animals were the overlords the smart white men used to lord over their own people and resources. Giving them suits and peanuts while they themselves ra*pe the land.
It happened everywhere there's a conquered people. There's nothing amazing about all Zik and his cohorts accomplished. They are complacent cowards.

3 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Depot(m): 8:50am On Aug 06, 2018
Are you sure you are not serving someone in your country too?
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by CaptainG00D: 8:50am On Aug 06, 2018
bestviewer:

[s]his is an evidence that Anambra people were the first to had Western education and were equally the first to interacted with the white men way ahead the rest of Nigeria.
GOD BLESS Zik Senior
GOD BLESS Zik Junior
GOD BLESS the United State of Anambra, the light of the entire black race[/s].

Anambras will always be the problem of igbo disunity..
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:51am On Aug 06, 2018
Chicagoesontop:

It's quite disheartening how you guys are being treated but truth is, some of your guys are contributing to the ill treatment melted at you guys in general.

Take drug peddling as an instance
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by ajl: 8:51am On Aug 06, 2018
bestviewer:
This is an evidence that Anambra people were the first to had Western education and were equally the first to interacted with the white men way ahead the rest of Nigeria.

GOD BLESS Zik Senior

GOD BLESS Zik Junior

GOD BLESS the United State of Anambra, the light of the entire black race.

Clap for yourselve. First to interact with the 'devil" who sold your people as slaves. That's something to celebrate. Black man, know thyselves.

3 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Correcton(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2018
Good background
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by baby124: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:

Do you know the meaning of Private Secretary to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth of UK? What post did Hillary Clinton have in Obama's administration? Secretary of State. That's the number four in the United States after POTUS, VP, Speaker of the House.

Read up more on the word 'secretary'. Read up on the job title Secretary of the Board of Directors. Educate yourself a bit more, please. I beg you. So you don't keep disgracing yourself.

Thank you.
So secretary to Lugard means secretary to the queen. You think the queen did not have britons in Nigeria doing the work you claim he did? Let me get their names for you. I didn’t want to water down this report, but you want to start telling lies. Some of us had ancestors in big positions pre independence but those positions were supervised by white people. They did not work independently like you claim here. They were only used to appease the locals as a familiar face to carry out the queens directives.

3 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Patrioticooduan: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2018
So Azikwe's father was a boy boy to Lugard? If this man was Yoruba, the flat.heads would have flocked into this thread to insult him for participating and working with Lugard in amalgamating this sh.ithole of a country. Because he is Ibo, they try topaint him as an hero. Same way they hail guys that participated in first coup, but wailed when Northerners revenged. Which kind terrible and hypocritical people be this Ibos sef? Na devil create this people no be lie

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by mamotalk: 8:55am On Aug 06, 2018
Obed-Edom! What a dignified name. Is it the christened one or an invention by the op?
What was the educational qualification of the man?
I am in a dilemma as to whether a private secretary could sign a concordant on behalf of his principal.
Though I have read it that Zik was born in 1904 at Zugeru but this story about his father is a new one to me and it's credulity will depend on indisputable bibliography.
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Banter1(m): 8:55am On Aug 06, 2018
Chicagoesontop:

Blame your people for your marginalization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by richeeyo(m): 8:59am On Aug 06, 2018
Chicagoesontop:

igbos are the ones giving Nigeria a bad name world wide with their illegal activities, from South Africa to China, Singapore, India, even Ghana na igbos full jail for their and yoruba travel pass una
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Bridget95(f): 9:01am On Aug 06, 2018
ibotic:
He was a good servant to our colonial masters....educate yourself before writing trash..
let me educate you instead of shouting ''educate yourself " servants don't sit with kings.

2 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Collyno82(m): 9:03am On Aug 06, 2018
Conflict resolution at its best
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Bridget95(f): 9:05am On Aug 06, 2018
richeeyo:
igbos are the ones giving Nigeria a bad name world wide with their illegal activities, from South Africa to China, Singapore, India, even Ghana na igbos full jail for their and yoruba travel pass una
did you enter each of those jails to conduct a head count before typing this trash. What statistics did you put together to arrive at which tribe travel more than the other.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by mamotalk: 9:05am On Aug 06, 2018
humilitypays:
Tell them! Ever since Igbos got relegated to the background when it comes to Nigeria's politics and economy, Nigeria has remained in darkness and backward.

Igbos are light, if u want light in Nigeria, make Igbos stand in the front and let the dark north be at the back so the Igbo light can illuminate the area and show them the way to follow, if not, Nigeria won't move forward, its not a curse but a fact known to even whiteman cool
Light indeed! Zik that could not organize free education as Eastern Premier. It was his actions and inactions during the first republic that plunged Nigeria into the avoidable civil war. It was even typical statements of yours that escalated the open hostility that brought quick end to the reign of ineptitude Ironsi government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by richeeyo(m): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2018
Bridget95:
did you enter each of those jails to conduct a head count before typing this trash. What statistics did you put together to arrive at which tribe travel more than the other.
Their is a documentary by Anas that confirms that, go on YouTube mr, i was at the premier of the documentary, i just don't talk what i don't know
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2018
baby124:

So secretary to Lugard means secretary to the queen. You think the queen did not have britons in Nigeria doing the work you claim he did? Let me get their names for you. I didn’t want to water down this report, but you want to start telling lies. Some of us had ancestors in big positions pre independence but those positions were supervised by white people. They did not work independently like you claim here. They were only used to appease the locals as a familiar face to carry out the queens directives.

I hope you know Lord Lugard as Governor of Nigeria was the Queen's official representative? Gosh. Please go read more books.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by eodavids(m): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2018
ibotic:
He was a good servant to our colonial masters....educate yourself before writing trash..

Hello!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) / PDP 2018 Governorship Campaign In Ilesha, Osun (Photos) / What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.