Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (59281 Views)

Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins / Meet Ibrahim Nagwamatse, Northern King That Squared Off To Lord Lugard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by omoelerin1: 11:46am On Aug 06, 2018
humilitypays:
Tell them! Ever since Igbos got relegated to the background when it comes to Nigeria's politics and economy, Nigeria has remained in darkness and backward.

Igbos are light, if u want light in Nigeria, make Igbos stand in the front and let the dark north be at the back so the Igbo light can illuminate the area and show them the way to follow, if not, Nigeria won't move forward, its not a curse but a fact known to even whiteman cool
Inferiority complex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Tozara(m): 11:46am On Aug 06, 2018
maestroferddi:
I have only pity for you.

The Igbos should not be responsible for your failure in life so stop pouring out venom and vituperation on them...It will damage you in the long.

Emulate our entrepreneurial spirit, never-say-never attitude, can-do mentality, of course our world acclaimed gregarious outlook and live-and-let-live worldview.

Learn from the best. Maligning them will only undercut you.
No great person has ever been interested in competing with a fool who wants to monopolize brilliance and ingenuity, yet his short hands could never reach the grapes on the tree, because he stands in sticky mud and calls it the sky.

I needn't emulate a bunch of confused and deluded idiots to get my hand on life's fruits. Failures like you are examples considered worthwhile by fellow failures. I'm a descendant of honorable men who reach for their own grape on life's tree without even acknowledging your existence.

You flatter yourselves way too much. But reality mocks you even harder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by maestroferddi: 11:51am On Aug 06, 2018
Tozara:
No great person has ever been interested in competing with a fool who wants to monopolize brilliance and ingenuity, yet his short hands could never reach the grapes on the tree, because he stands in a sticky mud and calls it the sky.

I needn't emulate a bunch of confused and deluded idiots to get my hand on life's fruits. Failures like you are examples considered worthwhile by fellow failures. I'm a descendant of honorable men who reach for their own grape on life's tree without even acknowledging your existence.

Your flatter yourselves way too much. But reality mocks you even harder.
I am happy and I am sure you can feel it.

This consuming angst and hatred cannot be good for your health.

Change/mend your ways dude.

Igbos are a reality who have to put up with.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by omoelerin1: 11:52am On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:

Do you know the meaning of Private Secretary to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth of UK? What post did Hillary Clinton have in Obama's administration? Secretary of State. That's the number four in the United States after POTUS, VP, Speaker of the House.

Read up more on the word 'secretary'. Read up on the job title Secretary of the Board of Directors. Educate yourself a bit more, please. I beg you. So you don't keep disgracing yourself.

Thank you.
What is this one saying?
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Tozara(m): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2018
maestroferddi:
I am happy and I am sure you can feel it.

This consuming angst and hatred cannot be good for your health.

Change/mend your ways dude.

Igbos are a reality who have to put up with.
The irony.

Delusions have always been the best escape route from reality.

It's scarcely a wonder why a street urchin would purchase cheap cracks and meth in order to get the kind of high great people get from achieving great things.

Better to remain deluded than have to face reality and die of despair and misery. Everyone's allowed to dream.
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Vainglory: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
Even at my age I never knew that Zik's father was also very influential. Our educationists need to do something about learning our history in our schools.Thanks for this write-up.
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
so it is the igbos that got us trapped in this contraption called nigeria. thunder fire zik and lugard

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by pcicero(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
baby124:

He stole the pic from a YouTube video. I will soon track down the people in that picture. The guy is a bloody liar. See how people can spoil history and tell outright lies. Na wa ooo.

Myth-buster.

Keep it up bro

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by maestroferddi: 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
Tozara:
The irony.

Delusions have always been the best escape route from reality.

It's scarcely a wonder why a street urchin would purchase cheap cracks and meth in order to get the kind of high great people get from achieving great things.

Better to remain deluded than have to face reality and die of despair and misery. Everyone's allowed to dream.
Thank your stars I am very busy at the moment and above all, I have decided to suffer you gladly.

On another day, I would have torn you to shreds and handed your hide back to you.

Let me allow you to trifle yourself to sleep, fueled by some Dutch courage...You are allowed...
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by omoelerin1: 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:

Anybody with access to google can see the lies in whatever you just wrote. So, I won't dignify it with a response.

And I refuse to disgrace you further by picking obvious lies and half truth's in what you typed up here. That'll be wicked of me. smiley

Have a nice day.
You only cooked up lies for your fellow dumb tribesmen. As all you put down in the article are pure lies from the pit of hell. Do you think everybody here is an ignorant and illiterate? You can only deceive your fellow illiterate. In fact, the person in that picture is not Zik father!

Anyone that believe this write up, do so at his/her peril.
Moderator should do justice by bringing down this post.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
CSTR1005:
The azikiwe family are the undisputed founders of Nigeria.

We are Nigerians because of them.
and why do igbos always cry that they dont want to be part of nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by omoelerin1: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:

So, the white other white man seated is also an interpreter!? cheesy
Please do post the throwback photos you have or ones you can see on other sites. I love history. Many Nairalanders love history. Many guests love history.

Kindly help us with photos you can post. Just don't tell lies about it.
You had better keep quiet. You have already bursted.

I want to believe you must have been sweating like Christmas goat right know over this embarrassment.

Igbodefender ko igboatacker ni
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
omoelerin1:
You only cooked up lies for your fellow dumb tribesmen. As all you put down in the article are pure lies from the pit of hell. Do you think everybody here is an ignorant and illiterate? You can only deceive your fellow illiterate. In fact, the person in that picture is not Zik father!

Anyone that believe this write up, do so at his/her peril.
Moderator should do justice by bringing down this post.

Lol. Come with evidence. Where is your 'solid evidence'? Are you.not the fellow who screaming that Zik's father's name is not Obed-Edom a few pages back?
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by omoelerin1: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:
Lol. Come with evidence. Where is your 'solid evidence'? Are you.not the fellow who screaming that Zik's father's name is not Obed-Edom a few pages back?
What concerns me with your useless blog?
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
omoelerin1:

I want to believe you must have been sweating like Christmas goat right know over this embarrassment.

Hahaha. Burst ko pot ni. Show us your 'evidence' abi na for your eyes only? This is painment. Chai. cheesy
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by aribisala0(m): 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
omoelerin1:

Is it not Igbosmoker
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
omoelerin1:
What concerns me with your useless blog?
Lol. What is this one even saying. Where is your 'evidence' Oga. smiley
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by omoelerin1: 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
baby124:

That picture is even a lie!!! You stole the picture from this YouTube video! Chai! You can lie oooo!!!! Jesus! It’s good to research and think o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6Kt0lJY14
Did I not say it? Igbo and propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:
Is it not Igbosmoker
Hahahaha. Chai. Warrisdis? Hope you have not been knocking your head for wall since morning?

Truth is truth, Bruv. Truth no get enemy. It rises naturally like a phoenix.
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Tozara(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
maestroferddi:
Thank your stars I am very busy at the moment and above all, I have decided to suffer you gladly.

On another day, I would have torn you to shreds and handed your hide back to you.

Let me allow you to trifle yourself to sleep, fueled by some Dutch courage...You are allowed...
Empty Chest-beating, as usual.

GTFO. Morön.
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by aribisala0(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:
Hahahaha. Chai. Warrisdis? Hope you have not been knocking your head for wall since morning?

Truth is truth, Bruv. Truth no get enemy. It rises naturally like a phoenix.

Are you the Igbosmoker
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by sangresan(m): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
Treaties Lugard signed with Obong of Calabar, Alaafin of Oyo, blah blah blah....

Pure fiction...

Lord Lugard was in the North till the Amalgamation of 1914...He couldn't have been signing any treaty with Southern leaders from the North....North and South were like different countries....

2 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
omoelerin1:
Did I not say it? Igbo and propaganda.

Is that your evidence? grin
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by omoelerin1: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:
Hahaha. Burst ko pot ni. Show us your 'evidence' abi na for your eyes only? This is painment. Chai. cheesy
Zik father was a station master at zungeru. How come he became an influential in Lugard administration to draft treaty for the emergence of the protectorate?

Mr. man, behave yourself. Propaganda cannot take Igbo to anywhere. It only make you looked stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by maestroferddi: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Tozara:
Empty Chest-beating, as usual.

GTFO. Morön.
Thank your stars...
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by 12345baba(m): 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:

What you just said us absolute rubbish. Igbo are Igbo from Nkwere, Imo State to Ikwere, Rivers State. From Onitsha in Anambra to Onicha in Ebonyi State.
make ur researches well. I'll mannered ibodefender
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by omoelerin1: 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vainglory:
Even at my age I never knew that Zik's father was also very influential. Our educationists need to do something about learning our history in our schools.Thanks for this write-up.
So with what we have beeñ saying, there is still someone who is swallowing this concocted lie.

Mr. man, disregard that nonsense write up. There is no iota of truth in what is put down there.

3 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by mbos: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:
The gentleman sitting to the right of Lord Frederick Lugard in this picture (see below) is Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe.

He’s the father of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, the last Governor-General and first President of Nigeria.

Obed-Edom Azikiwe was a very influential member of Lugard’s administration.

You can see from the photo how highly Lugard regarded him.

More About Zik’s Father
Obed Edom Azikiwe was Lord Lugard’s private secretary.

Sadly, he passed on in 1958, two years before Nigeria’s independence, at the age of 78.

Undoubtedly, he would have loved to see his son Zik sworn in as Nigeria’s first Head of State. But fate had a different plan.

Peace Through Negotiations
It was Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe that drafted – and humanised in accordance with his abillity – all the treaties Lugard signed with our traditional rulers.

He it was that drafted treaty Lugard signed with the Obong of Calabar, the Sultan of Sokoto, the Oba of Benin, the Alaafin of Oyo that came before Lugard amalgamated Nigeria.

Historians have suggested that Azikiwe softened the harshness of many of these treaties.

By so doing, he is said to have prevented bloody wars between the British and Nigerian groups by not only softening the harshness of the protectorate agreements, but also persuading both Lugard and powerful Nigerian traditional rulers to come to agreement.

Speaking on the issue, a history expert, Omoluabi Olayomi Koiki, suggested that these traditional rulers must have been happy to sign once Mr Azikiwe presented the agreements to them. They seemed to have a lot of trust in Mr Azikiwe.

The only traditional ruler who flagrantly refused to sign any treaty unless the phrase “protection” was explained to him was Mazi Jubo Juboha, also known as Jaja of Opobo.

Obed-Edom Azikiwe was based in Lugard’s head office at Zungeru. Zungeru was Nigeria’s amalgamation capital.

Zungeru was then what Abuja is to Nigeria today.

And Lugard’s office was the colonial version of Aso Rock.

The senior Azikiwe’s job can be summarised as negotiating to prevent or reduce violence between colonial Britain and Nigerian kingdoms.

Obed-Edom Azikiwe should be thanked and honoured for his work in preventing or ending wars between the colonial masters and powerful Nigerian kingdoms.

He was a master negotiator who seemed to have the trust of both Lord Lugard and our powerful traditional rulers.

And he used that influence to bring about peace. Had he not been there, you can imagine…

He didn’t succeed in all his efforts. And his son the Zik of Africa used a very different approach that together with the efforts of our founding fathers and.the Zikist Movement persuaded the British to grant Nigeria independence. But clearly, he was a father of Nigeria in his own time.

More at http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2018/08/06/8044/

Stop calling this man Lord. He is Lugard period
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by mbos: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
igbodefender:

You can say that again. Igbo Amaka. Hausa Amaka. Yoruba Amaka. Nigeria Amaka. United we stand. Divided we fall.

For those calling him a servant, make that High Ranking Civil Servant like a Secretary to the Government of the country.

Dreamer// Even cow Amaka, Dog Amaka e.t.c all in the zoo
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Okoroawusa: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
Christistruth00:

Azikiwe’s father was the Station Master at Zungeru ,he worked for the railways,I have been wondering about this story. His father used his retirement money to send Zik to America in 1925 .
the op is my friend but this story cannot fly at all!
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
bestviewer:
This is an evidence that Anambra people were the first to had Western education and were equally the first to interacted with the white men way ahead of rest of Nigeria.

GOD BLESS Zik Senior

GOD BLESS Zik Junior

GOD BLESS the United State of Anambra, the light of the entire black race.
It's been long I read such trash.
Re: Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe by BabaRamota1980: 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
If there's anything I detest foremost in Ibo's arrogance it is the embelishment and untruthful accounts of history.

Governor Carter had treaty with Alaafin Oyo, not Lugard.

Azikiwe may have drafted other treaties, I dont know....but Im certain he did not draft one signed with Oyo.

In view of the falsehood in your story, your account of Obed Azikiwe's role as secretary and drafter for treaties ought to be scrutinized.

Peace Through Negotiations
It was Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe that drafted – and humanised in accordance with his abillity – all the treaties Lugard signed with our traditional rulers.

He it was that drafted treaty Lugard signed with the Obong of Calabar, the Sultan of Sokoto, the Oba of Benin, the Alaafin of Oyo that came before Lugard amalgamated Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Flag Boy Now Rides A Bicycle After Oshodi Attack (Photos And Video). / What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? / Dino Melaye Under GEJ Vs Under PMB (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.