Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola (21814 Views)

5 Reasons Why Having A High Body Count As A Lady Is Bad / Reasons Why Having A Girlfriend Is Good For You . / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by abdullkabar(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2018
but na was oh,the way I see energy being wasted on relationship matter amuses me
i pray i get a good job that will take away my time from seeing things like this....its weakening i swear
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Reelmii: 11:59am On Aug 07, 2018
everybody is a relationship counsellor, I guess they all read G&C in school, whats my own self
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Maisillion(m): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
Well, No Need For Backup, No Pusay, No Monay. Thats It.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Maisillion(m): 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
milemimi93:
Should men have backup gf?
Why not grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Pope22(m): 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
nanauju:

If you want to know what's happening in the senate, go to politics section OK.
Besides op wasn't talking about staying or coping in a relationship, he was talking about the dangers of having multiple partners.
Maybe you should learn how to read before commenting
Wetin concern you with my comment?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Maisillion(m): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2018
BRMN:
Op, mind u this article was written by Nigerian activist & relationship counsellor Tayo Demola, but how come u didn't give him the credit here on Nairaland?? Hope this is not some copyright infringement sha?
Wetin Be That One, Copyright Infringment Ko, Copyright Merging Ni angry
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by bluefilm: 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
I can't just figure out why this idea of a backup boyfriend/s for women seem to threaten a lot of men of recent.

Most of you guys have more than enough backup girlfriends.

If you think it is okay and normal for you as a man to have your backup plan, why then are you threatened that women can and should equally do so?

This whole idea of advising women to keep backup boyfriends is even ridiculous on its own.

The reason being that it is akin to telling anyone who cares to listen that birds can fly.

I mean, c'mon, who doesn't know that already?

Women have been keeping backup boyfriends since the beginning of ages so it is not really a new idea.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by sarahade(f): 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2018
NairaMaster1:

Can I back you up?

As Wet in o
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by crafteck(m): 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2018
HajimeSaito:
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Guys should also avoid having backup girlfriends.
. Guys have sidechicks, no strings or feelings, knows her position.. Let a girl have side guy, d guy go overuse am

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Daeylar(f): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2018
Pavore9:
Why some guys are just taking this too personal! cheesy
Fatherofdragons:
I am not a relationship advisor, and I don't always comment in issues like this but why are men pained by this? ever since this backup boyfriend of a thing came about, men have been going crazy why?

Exactly what I came to say,
This is the second topic getting to FP trying to dissuade ladies from having a back up boyfriend ever since that topic came to FP.
Why is it paining people like this?
see as advice full ground. grin

But if Joro reaffirms why guys should have backups, na hailing go full thread! cheesy
You dey mind them grin serious hailing oh.
They will even give reason upon reason why joro is right, grin

See epistle on effects on the lady and he thinks it does not affect the male folk? Even guys who scream they would rather have baby mamas, shey the lady no go contribute to the child's DNA? cheesy
As if una no get side chicks.
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by pawpzman: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2018
Truth, fact!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by itsmeurLady(f): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
I am not a relationship advisor, and I don't always comment in issues like this but why are men pained by this? ever since this backup boyfriend of a thing came about, men have been going crazy why?

As if una no get side chicks.

I just tire ooo, they have been posting this topic since yesterday. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by sanpipita(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
Better thread to counter that fraudulent joro, I love that psychological part, one relationship itself can be exhausting people think its OK to keep two or more.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by suckmyPENIS: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2018
sabenabeauty:
If I'm a Hoe, then I'm a Hoe undecided undecided

There's no rubbish like backup boyfriend

I pity ladies who do this, lol..

no time for stress abeg grin
lovely lips
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Amberon11: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2018
But if and when you cheat you don't bring bad luck to her?
keezy125:
I have also have this perspective that when a lady cheats.. she bring bad luck to me, #fact
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by itsmeurLady(f): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2018
bluefilm:
I can't just figure out why this idea of a backup boyfriend/s for women seem to threaten a lot of men of recent.

Most of you guys have more than enough backup girlfriends.

If you think it is okay and normal for you as a man to have your backup plan, why then are you threatened that women can and should equally do so?

This whole idea of advising women to keep backup boyfriends is even ridiculous on its own.

The reason being that it is akin to telling anyone who cares to listen that birds can fly.

I mean, c'mon, who doesn't know that already?

Women have been keeping backup boyfriends since the beginning of ages so it is not really a new idea.

Man, u need a medal... I don't understand oo, it's just common sense. I am surprised that most men don't know this, if the men can have backup plan, y can't the woman do same Nobody is having sex here, it's just friendship, so stop slut shaming here. After all most of the males crying here have female friends that they are talking to that they are not sleeping with. Everything sex sex sex, who told you sex is involved? It's just friendship !!!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Amberon11: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2018
Excuses. The op said backup bf, wether or not feelings are involved is unimportant.
Stop saying what you don't know. Who told you men don't have feelings for their side chicks? I've seen cases where men left their wives for the other woman but I've never a woman leaving her husband for her sideman.
crafteck:
. Guys have sidechicks, no strings or feelings, knows her position.. Let a girl have side guy, d guy go overuse am
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Damfostopper(m): 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
this news is becoming stale already since yesterday when that useless relationship counsellor started it
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Teespice(f): 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
op, please go and drink cold water. joro's article be giving you lots sleepless nights. I am sure if the reverse was the case, all of you foaming will be hailing him.

una go dey alright Las las.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Kaycee9242(m): 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2018
Na dis one be our problem now?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Yippeedaniel(m): 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
I just hope am not her backup boyfriend �

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Horus(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
Once a cheat, always a cheat.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
A platonic friend is just that 'platonic' unless you love him which then confuses your current relationship. This nonsense is born out of the desperation to answer 'Mrs' by all means. The scenario that 'luv doc' advised can't be orchestrated, it only happens naturally and most cases the person was in love with their friend.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by victorian(f): 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Man, u need a medal... I don't understand oo, it's just common sense. I am surprised that most men don't know this, if the men can have backup plan, y can't the woman do same Nobody is having sex here, it's just friendship, so stop slut shaming here. After all most of the males crying here have female friends that they are talking to that they are not sleeping with. Everything sex sex sex, who told you sex is involved? It's just friendship !!!

Don't mind them. The guys think the whole world revolves round them and they can do and undo, then breakup at will, feeling untop the world, like the girl will commit suicide if she gets dumped.

Men, deal with it!
Gfs, having choices keeps u guys grounded and on your toes. Lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Mryacks: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2018
Manhood85:
That is how one girl was using me as backup and still hoping to get married to her true love. Eventually, i got to know dat i was PLAN B. The moment i found out that her PLAN A left her to marry another girl na so me sef liv her marry another girl. Some girls actually think life revolves around them alone.

Oh my, so spot on. I know an exact scenario to yours. in this case, the "Plan B" was even more loving and caring. Unfortunately for her, when Plan A left her at about the same time Plan B also moved on cos he got tired of her antics. the two guys are married now (one is my cousin)..she is not still!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Amberon11: 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2018
Let you now speak of the scenario I know of.

My uncle had this gf. Very nice , loving,
caring, beautiful, respectful etc. My entire loved her and damn she was a very good cook too. Guess what my foolish uncle dumped her when the rest of the family didn't approve of their union. Less than 6 months later , she came to our house inviting us for her wedding. She married a nice guy and had lovely kids.

My uncle had a hard time moving on to the point everyone kept disturbing him to settle down. Well he finally settled down several years later in his late forties.
Mryacks:

Oh my, so spot on. I know an exact scenario to yours. in this case, the "Plan B" was even more loving and caring. Unfortunately for her, when Plan A left her at about the same time Plan B also moved on cos he got tired of her antics. the two guys are married now (one is my cousin)..she is not still!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by toprealman: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2018
A woman should be in the best position to come up with a better article on this same topic.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by BRMN: 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amberon11:
Let you now speak of the scenario I know of.

My uncle had this gf. Very nice , loving,
caring, beautiful, respectful etc. My entire loved her and damn she was a very good cook too. Guess what my foolish uncle dumped her when the rest of the family didn't approve of their union. Less than 6 months later , she came to our house inviting us for her wedding. She married a nice guy and had lovely kids.

My uncle had a hard time moving on to the point everyone kept disturbing him to settle down. Well he finally settled down several years later in his late forties.

Foolish uncle u said, maybe their destinies don't match. Maybe they were not compatible. Is it not better to have a broken relationship than to have a broken marriage??

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by BRMN: 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2018
Horus:
Once a cheat, always a cheat.

U get it
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by jeff1607(m): 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2018
in counselling You don't advise one on what to do, you just lay different ideas with the pros and cons of each choice and irrespective of the choice made you as a counsellor should respect the individuals choice.

a lady gets pregnant , having multiple partners means multiple s*x partners, and say she gets pregnant who owns the child?

many men raising kids that ain't theirs

cheating or double dating is exhausting and too expensive for guys tho
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by BRMN: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Damfostopper:
this news is becoming stale already since yesterday when that useless relationship counsellor started it

Useless relationship counsellor, Joro, u said?

I think it's better as we now have this well written article by a far more better relationship counsellor Tayo Demola. I think Tayo Demola is more reliable and responsible than that fraudulent advice from that scam artist called Joro.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Having A Backup Boyfriend Is Dangerous For Women - By Tayo Demola by Fourwinds: 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
sarahade:
Mtcheew
cool
sarahade:
Mtcheew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I've Courted My Fiancee For 5yrs And I Never Touched Her Hand- Nigerian Man / How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? / Akwa Ibom Guys Are Just Perfection!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.