Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki (31287 Views)

Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki / Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by P500: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
he has spoken well
IllegalMoney:
“The day two-thirds of our members no longer have confidence in us, we will leave this place,” Saraki said as he wound up his speech

nate President Bukola Saraki says he is not desperate to stay in office. However, a condition has to be met: his removal must be by two-thirds majority of the upper chamber.

Saraki said this on Wednesday while addressing a ‘World press Conference’ on Tuesday’s siege to the National Assembly by the Department of State Services (DSS).

The Senate President defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in July, sparking calls for his resignation/impeachment by the ruling party.

“The day two-thirds of our members no longer have confidence in us, we will leave this place,” Saraki said as he wound up his speech.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/08/breaking-i’ll-leave-if-impeached-two-thirds-senate-says-saraki
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by iluvdonjazzy: 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
kennygee:
Dude already knows he won't be impeached.

Assurance toh sure.

The look on Dogara's face (Seating on the right) is worrisome.
but he can be imprisoned

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
linearity:

The jury is still out on that, whether it is 2/3rd of all elected members or 2/3rd of seating members. The constitution simply said 2/3rd of members of the house and does not say members currently seating in the house present or elected members of the house.

We all know that, not all members attend meetings all the time, so the jury is still out on this.

The bottom line is; APC had the opportunity to challenge this in court when Saraki was elected unanimously by 57 votes, which fall short of the 75 needed to meet the 2/3rd watermark;but they chicken, not only backed down on their threat to go to court, but accepted Saraki as their President.

They should not be now crying fowl, if Saraki is holding the 2/3rd watermark over their head. It simply means Saraki is smarter than them and is running circles around them from both sides of the law and constitution.

If they are apt and want to be taken seriously; they should play Saraki’s game.... pay him back with the same coin by using the 1/3 quorum watermark that Saraki exploited to be elected to also impeach him...that is, they should work across the aisle as Saraki did, get at least 55 Senators to form a quorum and have all vote unanimously to impeach Saraki, then let Saraki go to court to argue 2/3rd of elected members.

WHICH YEYE JURY?YOU CAN AS WELL GO AND PIC SENATORS FROM YOUR VILLAGE SHRIBE TO IMPEACH HIM

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by drchuks1234(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki is a good player mehn!
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by nellyelitz(m): 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2018
rozayx5:
God bless maradona

cool
Beautiful andCurvy Miss Akai
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Herbephe1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Let us agree that both Saraki and Akpabio are corrupt and thieves, but Saraki was made Senate President through APC while Akapabio was also made Minority leader in PDP, but while the latter was to defect from PDP, he voluntarily resigned from the Minority leader, but the former, despite his conspiracy before he defected to PDP, yet he insisted not to relinquish his position acquired through his former Party.
I think, Akpabio is more honourable than Saraki
Or what do you think?
Saraki is nothing but criminal

the most "silliest" comment so far,pls did Tambuwa( former speaker ) relinquish his position when he cross-carpeted to APC during Gej administration? pls try to make use of your senses why making comments here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by innocential3032(m): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
My love for saraki is too much
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by evansjeff(m): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

My condolences. wink

There isn't any need exchanging words with you, someone that can publicly declare admiration for his oppressor as confirmed by him? It's a sorry and lost case.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
linearity:

He was elected by a unanimous vote by all Senators present, after forming a quorum. So, it was more than 2/3rd majority.

So he was elected legally and as per the Senate rules.

Technically, you don’t need 2/3rd of all members to impeach him....all you need is 2/3rd of members present after forming a quorum.

The rules does not say 2/3 of members present, the law says 2/3 of members!

Don’t stretch the rules
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by BlackPantherxXx: 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
evansjeff:

evansjeff to his dad:
There isn't any need exchanging words with you, someone that can publicly declare admiration for his oppressor as confirmed by him? It's a sorry and lost case.

RIP. Pele wink
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Mankosi: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
magoo10:
Which is practically impossible
APC and their zombies does not have two third which is 73 members in the senate to impeach saraki.

To impeach buhari na sure bet than to impeach saraki, APC is only parading ghost senators.

The midget oshiomole should know that this is not labour union.
one Beer for u.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by evansjeff(m): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

RIP. Pele wink

Product of a leaked condom. Only vagàbonds can insult people's parents at will.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Ndonu101: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by KingRagnar: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
The way he gallantly said it will make the gullible ones feel he is genuine. Gladly, most Nigerians are very much enlightened than they were years ago. He who has eyes let him see, that Saraki's intention is not to profit even the average Nigerian but himself.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by BlackPantherxXx: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
evansjeff:

evansjeff to his father:
Product of a leaked condom. Only vagàbonds can insult people's parents at will.

Keep barking. Carry on. Next time, you would think carefully before quoting me

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Olumeme: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki is the best thing to happen to Nigeria since 2015 politically. I will say it over and over again.
Shame on buhari and his cows
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Mydazz(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
He's just saying that is not possible right Now,..... Assurance!
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
IllegalMoney:
“The day two-thirds of our members no longer have confidence in us, we will leave this place,” Saraki said as he wound up his speech

nate President Bukola Saraki says he is not desperate to stay in office. However, a condition has to be met: his removal must be by two-thirds majority of the upper chamber.

Saraki said this on Wednesday while addressing a ‘World press Conference’ on Tuesday’s siege to the National Assembly by the Department of State Services (DSS).

The Senate President defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in July, sparking calls for his resignation/impeachment by the ruling party.

“The day two-thirds of our members no longer have confidence in us, we will leave this place,” Saraki said as he wound up his speech.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/08/breaking-i’ll-leave-if-impeached-two-thirds-senate-says-saraki

WAS HE ELECTED BY 2/3rd of the total number of Senators ? The answer is NO. Action & reaction must be equal to form an equilibrium. World press my foot. Can the Senate President of the US Senate be elected in a Gorilla election that produced Saraki as the Senate President of the Nigerian Senate? Is that how a Prime Minister is appointed in UK?

There are so many reasons people like Obj & IBB withdrew support from PMB. There is a need for judiciary to interpret the requirement for election of the Senate President & the impeachment.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Okewa(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
Human and hypocrisy... Did you win the seat with 2/3 of the entire senate?
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by senatordave1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
Okewa:
Human and hypocrisy... Did you win the seat with 2/3 of the entire senate?
How i hate this guy,hes so weird.something is not right about him.i suspect he may be an agent of western powers.by the way,if hes smart,modern and intelligent let him resign.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
Just because Falana wrote to government that only 2/3rd members of the total Senators can impeach him according to constitution, he is now placing his assertion on that.

The judiciary kept mum when Dino was quoting constitution that only 2/3rd of the members required to form QUORUM which is required for Senate to sit is required for the election of the Senate President of Federal Republic of Nigeria as if that election is a normal legislative duty.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by evansjeff(m): 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Keep barking. Carry on. Next time, you would think carefully before quoting me

And you think your f00lishness will effect that? Rather think before posting gibberish next time.

And note, you're been monitored.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by senatordave1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
babaolofin:

WAS HE ELECTED BY 2/3rd of the total number of Senators ? The answer is NO. Action & reaction must be equal to form an equilibrium. World press my foot. Can the Senate President of the US Senate be elected in a Gorilla election that produced Saraki as the Senate President of the Nigerian Senate? Is that how a Prime Minister is appointed in UK?

There are so many reasons people like Obj & IBB withdrew support from PMB. There is a need for judiciary to interpret the requirement for election of the Senate President & the impeachment.
Apc doesnt need to impeach him outrightly.all they need to do is to frustrate him and close down the senate.they can do that by using a simple majority to impeach him.after that,the security agencies can close down the senate till next year.but it should be done after they pass inec budget
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by BlackPantherxXx: 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
evansjeff:

Evansjeff to his father:
And you think your f00lishness will effect that? Rather think before posting gibberish next time.

And note, you're been monitored.

Affect is different from Effect. Learn the difference.

Keep monitoring me since you have no job. I am generous...i buy official cars for my fans.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2018
senatordave1:

Apc doesnt need to impeach him outrightly.all they need to do is to frustrate him and close down the senate.they can do that by using a simple majority to impeach him.after that,the security agencies can close down the senate till next year.but it should be done after they pass inec budget

you know it is easy to run your mouth.The same security agencies that they denied when they faced the backlash? You talk like someone who is less than 18 years old.You thiink we are in North korea.See your mouth like "close down the senate for a year".Buhari will frustrate himself and not the senate.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by evansjeff(m): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Affect is different from Effect. Learn the difference.

Keep monitoring me since you have no job. I am generous...i buy official cars for my fans.

A frustrated slàve that can't even differentiate between effect and affect, go drink the urine of your slàve master
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by BlackPantherxXx: 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
evansjeff:

Evansjeff/affect to his useless father:
A frustrated slàve that can't even differentiate between effect and affect, go drink the urine of your slàve master
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by kalu61(m): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Akiika:
Saraki locked out his party members in a selfish bid to become senate president. He is here whining over 2/3 to get impeached.
Saraki didn't lock anybody out. lt seems you are new to Nigerian politics
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Chigeorge2015(m): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2018
That's the state of the law
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by kalu61(m): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2018
senatordave1:

All this politics new bae. If Buhari close the senate, who will lose? You forget senate approves all his expenditure. You forget he can be impeached outside the assembly with the presence of authority stick.
Re: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by gcof(m): 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mosesoly:
This country herself is a Cinema, you don't need to buy movies to entertain yourself, everything that happened yesterday was acted, how come they were only PDP senators around and they were the one shouting APC senators are about to Impeach the SP? , APC can't get the 2/3,they should just hold on till after the election next year when they can change the SP, that is if they win.
you really think that 2/3 story work in Nigeria...Nigeria politics is civil war, the constitution has no place if you doubt me ask imo and rivers assembly and go through the history of impeached deputy governors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladipo Market Crisis Deepens / Scores Of Boko Haram Members Feared Dead In Battle With Troops / Jim Nwobodo's Thanksgiving And After-Wedding Party Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.