Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Prisoner Of Love: The Story - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prisoner Of Love: The Story (67375 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:19am On Sep 20, 2018
Kendrick80:

Oga James calm down jorrrr.....I dey joke grin
Tomiwa needs 6 months vacation 2 recover frm ds shocking news.
Abeg make we contribute money 4 am,I fit sponsor visa fee/transport 2 embassy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2018
Ann2012:
Right now, I feel like beating sense into Rachael angry

Pls Oga James, can you make my Tommy lively again, with another hot babe in d picture. Let Rachael have a taste if her own medicine too....
Pls, I can't bear Tommy being so moody and sad embarassed

Abeg, pardon Rachael oooo.

As for Tommy being lively again, well, let's hope the agony doesn't kill him first!
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:25am On Sep 20, 2018
skubido:
Rachael never see anything, shebi bayo dey enter her brain,, her body go soon tell her

Make Tommy kukuma end the relationship joor.
no say eno easy ooo, but make im try..

bi Eshin badani, Ama n tugu ni..

who talk say uno go find love again.. woman way make sense, way we be say dem better pass Rachael still dey plenty

chai, pity Tommy oo

OP tanks a lot for the update,

Skuuuuubido baba, lovely advice and encouragement for Tommy.

Tomiwa, shey you dey hear? No go kill yourself oooo!
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:26am On Sep 20, 2018
Hantonia:
Dis Rachael self when pls wat her prob self she wants 2 eat her cake nd ave it pray she realises herself on time suspension mode hmmmm
Op Weldon

Hmmmmm....
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:28am On Sep 20, 2018
izaray:
Cha!! This Rachael dn't even kno what she want, she's just a confused being angry

Anyways lets see who laugh last. Tommy just be a man cos you will sha fine love again

Oga James more wisdom to you and thanks plenty!!

This is deep.

Thanks for the compliments.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:31am On Sep 20, 2018
pacifust058:
Now I know what my Dad meant by "FEAR WOMAN"

Hmmm....word!
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:33am On Sep 20, 2018
Favouritetega:

1k each pls... u can pay to my account... then I will personally hand it to Tommy

Wow!!! What a noble idea, Kendrick80. Tommy, shey u see? You've correct Nairalanders watching your back ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:35am On Sep 20, 2018
Favouritetega:

1k each pls... u can pay to my account... then I will personally hand it to Tommy

Iro ooooooo!

Tomiwa, where you at? Send your account numbers sharp sharp oooo.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:37am On Sep 20, 2018
Kendrick80:

Ur account number grin
Let's hand it 2 Mr James instead who'll pass it on 2 tomiwa wink

Tommy, you haven't sent your account number yet? Nawo for you oooo!

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:40am On Sep 20, 2018
IAmXcessiz:
I knew this was going to happen... Then she will come back apologizing when things are bad for her to realize she has lost a jewel, but I pray Tonia should have found a better person cos I'm imagining Tommy getting married to Rachael after all these? The rltnshp can't be as interesting as it used to be

IAmXcessiz, I sight you, baba. It's been a while! Hope you are good?

Deep thought on this one!
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:41am On Sep 20, 2018
ifiokjohn:
I pray tommy ends this relationship. i want to see Rachel suffer for her decision.
She does not yet know that what she have for tommy is true love and that of bayo is infatuation and indecision.

When she eventually lose tommy her eyes go clear.

I pray for Tommy too oooo.I just pray all ends well for him.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:43am On Sep 20, 2018
Favouritetega:

Nah.... I think Mr James is busy tongue

Yeah, but I've informed Tommy to drop his account number sha.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 6:44am On Sep 20, 2018
Fresh Episode Loading...
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 7:03am On Sep 20, 2018
Episode 27 (Chapter 25)

INDEED HIS LIFE TOOK a free fall and on crashing to the ground it was shattered into pieces. Tomiwa’s life took an unprecedented turn with the same alarming suddenness with which Rachael changed course. The thought of losing her was too much for him to bear. His life became a coliseum where agony, anguish, trauma, emotional and physical deterioration flexed their muscles like gladiators of ancient Rome. The pain was much and his now fragile frame struggled to withstand its effect. He, thus, became a shadow of himself with his spirit becoming scanty and his joy departing him like an unfaithful friend.

His appetite for food died but his body needed it and soon he emaciated to a disquieting degree. The effect started becoming visible to all and began to tell seriously on his job. He struggled hard…. He had to keep his head straight.… He had to keep his focus tight.… But the battle was fierce and the costly mistakes kept coming to a disturbing extent. His condition became pitiable and it seemed he had lost the very essence of life!

He didn’t know that the grip of love could be so strong and unrelenting until now. He had never imagined that the misery and pains of heartbreak could be so soul-wrenching. He had seen and heard of people becoming all sorts of things because of heartbreak—becoming demented and going as far as committing murder and suicide. He had always thought of them as weaklings and people who deserved not to be called humans but he now knew better! He was in their shoes and was witnessing it all.

It wasn’t only the fact that he was losing Rachael at this crucial time that affected him so much but the way she was going about it—the way she was treating him like a piece of dirt underneath her sandals. The way she trampled on his ego and reduced him to an item of no significance was what made him most miserable! He was losing his mind and his physical and emotional health were sinking down the drains. In his trauma, the night became his torment and sleep his worst nightmare. Every night he stayed awake because sleep had chosen to become a vicious enemy. He dared not close his eyes because if he did, scary nightmares involving Rachael ripped him apart from within. But he was a man and he had to show it. So, he battled hard; he fought tooth and nail to gain back the control of his life but the battle was more than what he could contend with. He was broken … not just broken but seriously broken. Therefore, he crawled on his knees and begged for mercy but life was bent on keeping him as a prisoner of love! And everyday, the anguish escalated even more. He soon became a regular face at the hospital.

Sleep was his worst enemy but he couldn’t cheat nature for eternity. Hence, one Saturday afternoon, he slept off. Then suddenly, he screamed from his sleep. No, it wasn’t another nightmare. He was actually feeling pain—a kind of pain he couldn’t describe! It started from inside his stomach, crawled to his pelvis and suddenly his back and spinal cord. Then, as if with the force of a raging tsunami, it rushed upwards towards the left side of his chest. He gnashed his teeth and clenched his fists in the subduing agony. The pain was simply unbearable. He was passing out and he knew it was an emergency; he had to get to the hospital as fast as possible. He struggled out of bed and hurried out. Hurried? Actually, what looked like hurrying out to him was, in fact, a slow-motioned movement. As much as he wanted to run or perhaps fly if at all possible the best his legs could do was to drag themselves along sluggishly like a snail. He got to the stairs and he could go no further. He could have called his neighbour but he was already out. Just then, he lost his grip on the railings and he tumbled down the stairs, hitting his head and chest against the railings and the edges of the stairs all the way down.unhindered

By the time he hit the ground, blood flowed unhindered from his head forming what looked like a nimbus of glory round his head like the ones visible in the pictures and statues of Holy Mary seen in Catholic cathedrals as he lied down almost unconscious. He writhed in pain. His vision became blurred and with his last breath, he raised his hand as if calling on somebody. He cried for help but the words barely left his lips. His vision became blurrier and his eyes began to shut themselves. He was gradually fading into unconsciousness. Something deep inside him held on; it wanted to live. However, another force, a stronger one, wanted to let go of life. Really, there was nothing more out there to live for. His life was already empty and meaningless without Rachael. It was best to let go!

Images of Rachael filled the darkness. He saw her and wanted to hold her but the more he tried, the further she ran away from him. He ran after her and begged her to stop but she wouldn’t wait not even for a second to look at him until she disappeared into the darkness.

Then he heard a voice in his head saying, “Tommy, just let go!”

Truly, there was no reason to hang on. His life was already stricken with too much pain. It was best for him to let go like the voice said and with that, he fell into the darkness beyond!

The End.

Ah-ah! The End ke? Someone cannot play with you again? wink wink wink

Watch out for next episode jorrrr!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Favouritetega(f): 7:24am On Sep 20, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Yeah, but I've informed Tommy to drop his account number sha.

Boss... u won spoil my market.... haba

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by babajeje123(m): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2018
I'm weak

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Favouritetega(f): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2018
Tommy u are going no where o lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by donsimoniiblog: 7:32am On Sep 20, 2018
finally caught up.

visit www.donsimonii.com for other interesting stories
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Kendrick80(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Wow!!! What a noble idea, Kendrick80. Tommy, shey u see? You've correct Nairalanders watching your back ooo.
Na my guy...we gada dey

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Kendrick80(m): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2018
I remember my first heart break I suffered loss of appetite/insomnia/depression.

One time I deleted all d love songs on my phone grin

Anyway,revenge is a meal best served cold...some 1 would be murdered(maybe) let's wait and see.

Nice 1 Mr James..Tommy Neva drop acct number and nobody don show interest 2 contribute.
Make I park my bicycle for next bus top.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2018
goodlifeben:
If you Are interested In making your story into E-book Format at a cheap rate
message via whatsapp 08156585694
90% discount
make money with your writing

Goodlifeben, thank you for offer.

The book is already in ebook format on several local and foreign online stores such as Okadabooks, Boldscholar, Smashwords, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo etc. And I must say has sold over 1000 copies combined so far.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:30am On Sep 20, 2018
Favouritetega:

Boss... u won spoil my market.... haba

Lol! Awwww, so sowwy, favouritetega.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:30am On Sep 20, 2018
babajeje123:
I'm weak

Eyah, Pele.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2018
Favouritetega:
Tommy u are going no where o lipsrsealed

I pray so oooo.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2018
Kendrick80:

Na my guy...we gada dey

Your head is there, jare.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2018
Kendrick80:
I remember my first heart break I suffered loss of appetite/insomnia/depression.

One time I deleted all d love songs on my phone grin

Anyway,revenge is a meal best served cold...some 1 would be murdered(maybe) let's wait and see.

Nice 1 Mr James..Tommy Neva drop acct number and nobody don show interest 2 contribute.
Make I park my bicycle for next bus top.

Hmmmmm!!! He who feels it, knows it! So, you can perfectly relate with Tomiwa. I can imagine what you would have gone through. Pele.

As for Tomiwa not dropping account number, maybe he is too messed up to even read this self. Just give him time to heal, if he survives in the first place though.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2018
Jara on top...
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2018
Episode 28 (Chapter 25)

He fell down into what looked like a bottomless pit and mid-way into the pit, he started hearing voices that sounded very far away. The voices were masked by a noise that sounded somewhat like confusion. They were calling his name and he wondered why they wouldn’t just leave him to fall in peace. He recognized one of the voices—it was Mr Adigwe’s, his next flat neighbour.

“Tomiwa! Tomiwa! Open your eyes! Please can someone get the car?” Mr Adigwe screamed as he tried lifting him off the ground.

Tomiwa heard another voice which he did not recognize, “The car is here. To the hospital, please!”

All of a sudden, the voices started fading into the distance and the darkness once more beckoned on him to come. Then he blacked out! Just as he was about to hit the bottom, he felt some hands grabbed hold of him trying to pull him back and he wondered who were these people that were adamant on bringing him back to a world he so much wanted to leave behind. He turned around and saw that they were putting on something like white gowns. His eyes began to open gradually and the sight began becoming clearer. The whole place was white. He looked at the hands again and realised that they were the hands of the doctors that were trying to resuscitate him. He had been rushed to the hospital and the doctors had fought frantically to bring him back to life. It was not easy and that was perfectly understandable—how easy would it be to revive someone who wasn’t willing to live?

He wanted to talk but the doctors motioned to him to stay calm.

“Calm down, Mr Lawson. Just relax for now. Thank God we were able to save you. It wasn’t an easy fight and thank God your neighbours were able to get you here when they did. Had it been five minutes later, it would have been a different story!”

Tomiwa nodded in agreement. Though he couldn’t talk, his eyes said it all. They were full of appreciation for the doctors and his neighbours who came to his rescue. They got the message and they smile back at him.

Tomiwa got to know the magnitude of his injury when he overheard the conversation between one of the doctors and his elder brother who had arrived at the hospital.

“Hmmm … he has an injury on his head but thanks to God, there is no damage to his brain. There is also a fractured arm and two broken ribs. No internal injury though and he his stable now. He will heal, so there is nothing serious to worry about.”

Nothing serious to worry about? Injury to the head, a fractured arm, and two broken ribs and the doctor just said there was nothing serious to worry about? Well, that’s doctors for you. They were trained to minimize the fears of their patients and their relations.

After about four weeks, he was discharged and he returned home. As much as he wanted to forget about Rachael, he found it difficult to do when he returned home. The house and everything in it reminded him of her. It was the house Rachael herself picked when they started planning for their wedding and they needed to get a new apartment. Furthermore, her pictures and the ones they took together hung on different spots on the wall. His wardrobe had few T-shirts, ties and boxer shorts he received as gifts from Rachael. The kitchen? It had its own souvenir of Rachael also. She had bought some utensils for the kitchen in preparation for their life together as husband and wife. Hence, everywhere in the house brought back memories of her.

On the other side of the divide, however, Rachael was having a good time with her new found love, Bayo. As Tomiwa lost weight and his liveliness to the grasp of gloominess day after day, Rachael glowed in radiance and beauty. She was living her life to the fullest.

Three months down the line, nothing changed. Things rather got worse. Rachael had not yet made up her mind and it didn’t look like she was going to do so any time soon. Tomiwa wasn’t even at the edge of the picture of her life not to mention being in it. Those three months looked like three years to him. If the mountain refused to go to Mohammed, then Mohammed had to go to the mountain—if Rachael refused to call to find out how he was doing, then he should and so he did.

“Hey Tomiwa, long time no see. Hope you are doing fine?” She answered like someone talking to an old friend with whom she had lost contact for a while.

“I’m alright. I just decided to call you since I have not heard from you in a long while.”

“Oh, that’s so thoughtful of you. Thank you so much. I have been very busy otherwise, I would have given you a call.”

“Oh, I see … Rachael, can I ask you a question, please?”

“Please feel free.”

“Rachael, do you still like me?”

“Capital YES, of course! Tommy, I still like you so much and God knows it.”

“Wow! That’s good to know … but …” He paused for a while and continued, “Do you still love me?” He waited for her response with utmost sobriety.

“Hmmm! Tommy, you see, that’s another ball game entirely. To be frank with you, I don’t love you anymore but don’t get me wrong … I still like you very much as a friend. Well, that’s how I feel today sha ooo. That may change tomorrow, I don’t know but as it stands today, the answer is no.”

Tomiwa gulped down the words with so much pain. It had been three months of painfully waiting, which had been like three years to him but she had made it clear now that he meant nothing to her anymore as far as being lovers was concerned. The conversation soon ended and each one returned to his and her world—worlds that are now exactly opposite of each other.
Tomiwa sat down and thought deeply about everything and decided he couldn’t take it anymore; he had to move on with his life. He had to end the relationship and stop being a prisoner of love!

School soon resumed and the sessional registration began in earnest. It was a period most of the students hated but it was an exercise they could not do away with. It was the last year of the programme and that brought Tomiwa a measure of joy. At least, all the pressure and brouhaha of the programme and life on campus would stop. However, one of his biggest worries was how to go back to school without Rachael by his side. He wondered how he was going to face their classmates and countless others who looked up to them as the perfect couple. For as much as he loved to dodge them, he had no choice. He had to go for his registration.

On one of the registration days, he was on a very long queue to submit his form when he caught sight of Rachael. She also came around for her registration. She saw him. He was looking pitiable as his countenance lacked any lustre. He looked skinny like a malnourished child in a land ravaged with famine. She, on the other hand, was looking gorgeous and adorable. They exchanged pleasantries and discussed for a while after which she proceeded to join another queue meant for her stage of the registration process. Anybody that saw them talking and didn’t know them before would find it difficult to believe that they were the current holders of the Couple of the Year award! They would easily take them for ordinary friends!

“I’ll let you know when I am done.” She told him when she was about leaving.

Not long after Rachael left, a lady about five spaces ahead of Tomiwa heard his voice and felt it sounded familiar. She turned and immediately she saw that it was Tomiwa, she screamed at the top of her voice, “Tommy!”

Tomiwa saw her at once and shouted backed, “Shade! Is that you?” At that, Shade ran towards Tomiwa’s widely opened arms. She jumped at him and Tomiwa caught her in a warm embrace.

“Wow! Look at you, Tommy. It’s been ages. I saw Tosin last week and she told me you were also running this programme and since then I have been on the lookout for you.”

“Really? You were the least person I expected to see. I never knew you were running this programme too.”

“I am sort of new. I came in last year.”

“Oh, I see. Good to see you, Shade.”

Shade was one of Tomiwa’s classmates when he was in Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech). They were very close friends but lost contact after the end of the programme. They had a lot of catching up to do and were soon engrossed in a lively conversation. Shade was obviously happy to see him and she didn’t bother hiding that fact. Tomiwa too for once forgot about his sorrow and he continued to enjoy the company of Shade who had abandoned her space at the front and clung to Tomiwa like a baby to her mother. However, a skinny young man caught sight of Tomiwa and shade and he didn’t seem happy with it!

To be continued...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Favouritetega(f): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2018
JamesKudooski:

I pray so oooo.

This one u dey pray so...

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by IAmXcessiz(m): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2018
JamesKudooski:

IAmXcessiz, I sight you, baba. It's been a while! Hope you are good?

Deep thought on this one!

I'm good bro.. Thanks!

I've just been in the shadows, observing the stupidity of Rachael and patiently waiting for her regretful days cos Karma is coming to pay her a visit

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by izaray(f): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2018
Aww..Tommy is going to be happy again!

OP thanks for the update

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ / Baggage Claim / The Den Of Delilah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.