Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

(need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. (991 Views)

Lady Needs Advice, He Dated Her For 7 Yrs Without Having Future Plans With Her / He Need Advice- He Caught His Girlfriend Making Love With Another Man / "I Asked Him Out And He Said Yes" Pretty Lady Shares Photo Of Her Boo On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Letustalkabout0: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, Hope your all well. I need a little advice today.

Last year my boyfriend wanted to celebrate his birthday with his friends (he said he would take them out) but he later on came to my house to spend the night with me. He received a phone call from one of his friends days who then said “you left us cause of her” in a very rude way. Bearing in mind the last time I came to the house I was getting along well with this same dayo. I obviously got get very angry but my boyfriend handled the situation. From that day on I vowed not to act like he existed.

The next time I went to my bf house (he lives with dayo). Dayo met us home, never said hi to me and now did I nor did I care. The second time he was at home I didn’t say anything. Third time he was in his room and I was in the living room (didn’t know I had come over) he still didn’t say hi when he came out, he then later on said “looks like you’ve lost weight” and I just said yeah. His girlfriend came out aswell never said hi to me though I said hi to her (don’t know if she heard or not). There were 4 guys in the room and 2 girls (me and dayo girl). Dayo ask his girlfriend to make him tea, she then proceeded to ask every guy in the room if they wanted tea and not me lol (rude but it is what it is)

Now I went to my boyfriend house last week and Dayo was sitting in the living room. I didn’t even act like he existed. My boyfriend then comes out saying that he’s noticed I don’t say to Dayo. Dayo then proceed to say in Yoruba (that he noticed I don’t say hi to him, but he’s not going to talk about it again and he will leave it there” (almost talking to me as if he’s my father lol)

I would like to know if I’ve done anything wrong cause for someone to disrespect once before and then people expect me to act normal or say hi to this person is crazy. I am going to my boyfriend house again soon and I don’t know if I should still say hi to him. Although people can say let it go and it happened a long time ago. Words hold meaning.

Hoping to hear your advice guys. Thanks in advance
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by BetterKola: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2018
#Yawns while covering my mouth with my Left Palm.

I am not a relationship expert but I will advise you to discuss the issue with your BF. He is in a better position to settle the issue between you and his Friend.

#That's All smiley
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Rosay15(f): 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Op, greeting ur bf friend did nt mean anything. Just let bygone be bygone and if u greet him does it reduce ur age or d money in ur acct soas for me oh, I don't see anything wrong in greetings even if d person is at fault I will still greet him or her cus dat doesn't mean I shd nt get to where am going. So op dere is no big deal dere, d next time u go dere mk sure u greet him and let peace reign.
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Letustalkabout0: 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
Rosay15:
Op, greeting ur bf friend did nt mean anything. Just let bygone be bygone and if u greet him does it reduce ur age or d money in ur acct soas for me oh, I don't see anything wrong in greetings even if d person is at fault I will still greet him or her cus dat doesn't mean I shd nt get to where am going. So op dere is no big deal dere, d next time u go dere mk sure u greet him and let peace reign.

Thank you for the advice

1 Like

Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Rosay15(f): 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
Letustalkabout0:

Thank you for the advice
.. You welcome dear.
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by donbachi(m): 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
why u no go greet am...ur parent no teach u how to respect man?.wat if na him dey pay 70% of d rent...i dey always tell guys,dat girlfriends will come and go.but friendship remains forever...c'mon,greet am,wen u see am 2moro.
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Letustalkabout0: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
donbachi:
why u no go greet am...ur parent no teach u how to respect man?.wat if na him dey pay 70% of d rent...i dey always tell guys,dat girlfriends will come and go.but friendship remains forever...c'mon,greet am,wen u see am 2moro.

Lol so it’s okay for him to disrespect me but I have to greet. He’s not paying no 70% of the rent. My boyfriend does the most. Lol ok sir
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by donbachi(m): 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
Letustalkabout0:

Lol so it’s okay for him to disrespect me but I have to greet. He’s not paying no 70% of the rent. My boyfriend does the most. Lol ok sir
ok.try and greet him.it won't hurt you..he could be your bobo's bestman,on your wedding day.
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Chuks9000: 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
Do you value your bf? Does he feel the same way?
Your guy's friend should respect his decisions.
Let it go.
When ever they play the disrespect card, tell your guy immediately. Not for him to confront them (cos you can't force an arse to drink when forced to the river), is for him to keep registering it until the cup gets filled. On that day-d, just step aside and tell him you don't want to come between him and his friends.
If he values you, he'll know it's time to grow up.

1 Like

Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Letustalkabout0: 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
donbachi:
ok.try and greet him.it won't hurt you..he could be your bobo's bestman,on your wedding day.

I’ve heard you. I will greet him next time
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saying hi won't remove anything from you. Just say hi and go about your business. Life is that simple.
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by donbachi(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Letustalkabout0:

I’ve heard you. I will greet him next time
may God bless your union

1 Like

Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by joceey(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Advice your boyfriend to get his own apartment ....Not all friends are truly friend .....some are silent killers .....will not be suprised in time to come if they seperate you and your b.f .....best of luck
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by ikeno(m): 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
@op, u just being childish cux I don't know why greeting should be a bone of contention between u and ur b/f's roommate. Swallow ur pride or whatever and talk to him.
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Letustalkabout0: 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
ikeno:
@op, u just being childish cux I don't know why greeting should be a bone of contention between u and ur b/f's roommate. Swallow ur pride or whatever and talk to him.

Nobody is being childish. If you read the first paragraph you can see what he said was disrespectful. It’s easy for everyone to say move on but it wasn’t done to you.
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by Letustalkabout0: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
joceey:
Advice your boyfriend to get his own apartment ....Not all friends are truly friend .....some are silent killers .....will not be suprised in time to come if they seperate you and your b.f .....best of luck

Thank you
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by ScofieldBello(m): 10:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Are you religious? I am sure you go to church or mosque and you pray for forgiveness too.
If you think he offended you, then whatever happens to forgiveness?

Babe, like everyone has said; you will not loose anything if you say 'Hi'.
Letustalkabout0:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope your all well. I need a little advice today.

Last year my boyfriend wanted to celebrate his birthday with his friends (he said he would take them out) but he later on came to my house to spend the night with me. He received a phone call from one of his friends days who then said “you left us cause of her” in a very rude way. Bearing in mind the last time I came to the house I was getting along well with this same dayo. I obviously got get very angry but my boyfriend handled the situation. From that day on I vowed not to act like he existed.

The next time I went to my bf house (he lives with dayo). Dayo met us home, never said hi to me and now did I nor did I care. The second time he was at home I didn’t say anything. Third time he was in his room and I was in the living room (didn’t know I had come over) he still didn’t say hi when he came out, he then later on said “looks like you’ve lost weight” and I just said yeah. His girlfriend came out aswell never said hi to me though I said hi to her (don’t know if she heard or not). There were 4 guys in the room and 2 girls (me and dayo girl). Dayo ask his girlfriend to make him tea, she then proceeded to ask every guy in the room if they wanted tea and not me lol (rude but it is what it is)

Now I went to my boyfriend house last week and Dayo was sitting in the living room. I didn’t even act like he existed. My boyfriend then comes out saying that he’s noticed I don’t say to Dayo. Dayo then proceed to say in Yoruba (that he noticed I don’t say hi to him, but he’s not going to talk about it again and he will leave it there” (almost talking to me as if he’s my father lol)

I would like to know if I’ve done anything wrong cause for someone to disrespect once before and then people expect me to act normal or say hi to this person is crazy. I am going to my boyfriend house again soon and I don’t know if I should still say hi to him. Although people can say let it go and it happened a long time ago. Words hold meaning.

Hoping to hear your advice guys. Thanks in advance
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by tunize(m): 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Greeting now is an issue?
Mature minds dont hold grudge, you fallout with anybody and the next minute u're good that is the real deal.
Re: (need Advice) He Said I Didn’t Greet Him. by WisdomHunter(m): 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
Women and drama grin grin

Sisi are you a drama queen?

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Wants To Leave: Is It My Fault Or Is She Hiding Something? / Memo Of A Male S£x Addict / Confession : How My Uncle Friend F++ked Me In Our Parlor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.