Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? (1618 Views)

Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? / Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? / How Does A Working Couple Cope Without A Maid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by philit22(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2018
It happened in Lagos but just felt I should share because some say it's inhumane..

A couple who are working class and both Africans, d husband is an offshore worker and is currently at home for his break. The woman works in a suburb of Lagos and dey reside in Lagos. One evening her husband demands dat she prepares pounded yam for him as dinner and he has been at home all day..
Is d man unfair by telling his wife to come prepare his meal despite he has been at home all day?

I just need to help them out on this...
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by SUPERPACK: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2018
yes he is right, pounded yam should not take more than 1hour, so why can't she do it for her husband that comes home once in a while.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by Jentle244: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2018
Was The Wife At Work When He Requested For The Meal Or She Just Came Back From Work...... He Should At Least Be Able To Prepare An Alternative Meal Or Tell His Wife Before Hand So She Can Plan Ahead Since She Is Working Class
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by philit22(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2018
She was at work when he requested for d meal
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by YourCoffin: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
Who pays the bills despite both of them working?
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by lilmax(m): 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
that's what he wants atm, so I don't get the ish here
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by ImaIma1(f): 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
If he is a considerate husband, he won't ask her to pound yam for him after a long day at work.

Pounding yam might take just an hour or even 30mins but it is energy sapping.

He could wait till weekend or offer to help pound the yam.

Some men still do not understand what it means to be a husband.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by SirVintageCock: 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
I believe in an eye for an eye that is served hot. She should pound the yam to show him that she can be his impromptu slave and then ask for something that will put a huge dent on his account. And per adventure, he is not ready to play ball he should be ready to scrap the poundo from the dustbin.

Quite insensitive of him to ask that. Some murders are plotted with less motives. Bunch of entitled men all over town

4 Likes

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
Since she's at work while he's home, there's no reason why he can't be considerate to make the pounded yam himself and reserve the wife's own too for her to come home to. Making pounded yam isn't rocket science. But he probably thinks cooking is beneath him, smh.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
philit22:
She was at work when he requested for d meal

No sane man will ask his wife for a pounded yam while she is at work.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by Acidosis(m): 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2018
I want to know what they ate the previous night, who prepared the meal?

It is also important to know whether the couple got kids, who prepare their meals?

Let's not be carried away by the crazy lifestyle in Lagos state. A lot of civil servants across other Nigerian states would do this with no issues. A lot of married women come home 4-5pm to make dinner for their families. It is no big deal, being a working class man or woman is not a disease.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by bukatyne(f): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
Wow!

So insensitive of the husband.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by royalguy123(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2018
The post "one evening,"the husband requested the wife to prepare pounded yam".
The wife have closed/returned from her work,not supporting the man,but maybe he don't know how to cook but he can support the wife too.
inbtw we don't know if the husband want sex from his wife ,he just sounded pounded yam so nobody will understand!!!
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
So if he doesn't eat a sweat engulfed pounded yam garnished with several teaspoons of tiredness he would die? I never want to be with a man that idolizes food! Phew!

4 Likes

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
There's nothing bad in wanting your pounded yam.

What can I say, pounded yam is lit. But how about the woman prepares the yam and the husband pounds it?

I'd rather pound it anyway than have my wife developing muscles on her arms because I love pounded yam.
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2018
There's no problem with wanting pounded yam, he should pound it

Do you need books? Contact me : orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by ImaIma1(f): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2018
yettymuse:
So if he doesn't eat a sweat engulfed pounded yam garnished with several teaspoons of tiredness he would die? I never want to be with a man that idolizes food! Phew!

Lol @ idolizing food.

For some men, a wife means cook, laundry woman, dishwasher, all round housekeeper/housemaid.

And she must do his bidding. If he wants pounded yam, she has to run and pound it to prove she is wife material

3 Likes

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by cococandy(f): 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
If we are being traditional, It’s his duty to pound the yam. Why is he shifting it to the lady?

Anyway this story is fake as hell. Just trying to get reactions we all know that. No normal person will request that his wife leave work to come and pound yam for him.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by Ewuro4: 1:51am On Aug 11, 2018
What happened to powdered p.yam? All these stewpid questions to cause fights.
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by bukatyne(f): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ewuro4:
What happened to powdered p.yam? All these stewpid questions to cause fights.

If you know how many people esp. men who think that powdered pounded yam is for lazy and uncultured wives.

It is well.
Re: Can You Take This As A Working Class Woman? by victorian(f): 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
Thank God, my man can cook even better than me sef . He takes it as a hobby at home.

I can't start pounding yam. I don't even know how to pound yam sef. Its something we would have made clear during courtship. I don't pound yams, sorry dear..
Except he wants poundo yam. I can't come and break down cos I want to please husband. He should know better.

Me, I can't do it, after am back from work. Oga sorry.

(1) (Reply)

Expectant Mother Gives Birth To An Alien In Bizarre Maternity Shoot / Keeping My Maiden Name After Marriage / What Stupid Thing Did You Do In The Past That Crack You Up When You Remember?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.