Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Eurobond - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Eurobond (28092 Views)

What Are Eurobond Investments Please? / Ecobank Transnational Incorporated $50m Eurobond Oversubscribed By 460% / Ecobank Transnational Incorporated Debut $450 Million Eurobond Oversubscribed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eurobond by oludy: 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
ernie4life:
A little bird told me there may be a primary Euro-bond auction within Q1, 2021 wink

Thanks for the heads up. How we begin to position?

I learnt that the minimum amount to bid is $200,000 at the primary auction. How true is this?

If true, how can interested investors with lower than $200,000 take advantage?

How does the euro bond auction works? What would be required of a would-be investor?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge sharing.
Re: Eurobond by ukay2: 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
oludy:

I learnt that the minimum amount to bid is $200,000 at the primary auction. How true is this?

How does the euro bond auction works? What would be required of a would-be investor?

Waiting for answers from earnie4life
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2021
ukay2:

Waiting for answers from earnie4life

The auction has come and gone but Ghana is cooking something
Re: Eurobond by IyaTola: 5:15am On Mar 24, 2021
ernie4life:

Hope it will be sweet o
Re: Eurobond by yinkaoke(f): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hello Sir, happy weekend.
Please is there the possibility that one losses capital for eurobond purchased at secondary market since it's all in unit purchased ? Going by how it's measured and its marked to market impact?
ernie4life:

Re: Eurobond by afroxyz: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
oludy:

You can invest in dollar fund with banks and asset managers with as low as 1k. Stanbic has a dollar fund. I think ARM has too.

1 Like

Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
yinkaoke:
Hello Sir, happy weekend.
Please is there the possibility that one losses capital for eurobond purchased at secondary market since it's all in unit purchased ? Going by how it's measured and its marked to market impact?

Yes
Re: Eurobond by yinkaoke(f): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Thanks alot and thank God l ask, please what of dollar mutual fund can one loose capital?[ Or which dollar funded investment is safe with capital invested?
quote author=ernie4life post=100902999]

Yes[/quote]
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2021
yinkaoke:
Thanks alot and thank God l ask, please what of dollar mutual fund can one loose capital?[ Or which dollar funded investment is safe with capital invested?
quote author=ernie4life post=100902999]

Yes

Before you invest in Eurobonds or Dollar fund, its important you understand how it is managed.

Eurobonds
Let us say you buy NGERIA 7.696% Feb 23rd,2038 at a unit price of $103.75 with $100,000.00, you will get about $96,000 face value (because you are buying at premium). Effectively you will be paid 7.696% Per annum of $96,000 every 6 months till Feb 23rd,2038 when you will get back your face value of $96,000.

Let’s assume that after 5 years you have need to sale off the bonds to take care of an urgent need and you decide sale the bonds, if the current market price for a unit has appreciated to $105.95, you will make more from the sales than you bought it, but if the price declines to $102.65 then you will make less than you bought it but remember you have been earning coupons since you bought it, which will probably still make the investment profitable when you view it from a point of total return on the investment.

Dollar funds

This works in similar way because the funds are still invested in Eurobonds, if at the point you are redeeming the unit price has appreciated then your capital would have appreciated, same goes to when the unit price has depreciated.

The trick is to buy when price drops and exit when the price has appreciated. Regardless of the movement in price we classify it as unrealised loss or profit up until you sale the bond or redeem the dollar fund.

2 Likes

Re: Eurobond by yinkaoke(f): 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
Insightful thanks alot
However, when is then the right time Now? Yield are going up though slow and which will you advice euro or mutual. Don't just want to leave fund idle at same time don't want to loose capital

1 Like

Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
yinkaoke:
Insightful thanks alot
However, when is then the right time Now? Yield are going up though slow and which will you advice euro or mutual. Don't just want to leave fund idle at same time don't want to loose capital

Mutual fund
Re: Eurobond by dejiotus: 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
ernie4life:

Mutual fund

Good afternoon Oga Ernie4life. I will be very grateful if you or other gurus in the house like emmasoft can assist. Just wondering if the scenario you illustrated above relates exactly as well to the Dollar Stanbic ibtc Fund account. I have been uncomfortable anytime I log into my Stanbic ibtc Dollar fund account and I see the unit price. I was not aware or considered the unit price when I subscribed to the fund. My expectation is that I will be able to withdraw from the account based on the actual amount I want to withdraw in dollars as oppose to making a withdrawal that the amount I get in dollars will depend on the unit price. Are you saying the unit price of the fund at the time I want to fully liquidate my investment will affect the total amount I get in dollars. The stanbic staff I approached over a year ago was unable to answer my query relating to the unit price. Are you saying some of the profits that have accured in the account can be diminished due to fluctuation in the unit price. Many thanks.
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2021
dejiotus:

Good afternoon Oga Ernie4life. I will be very grateful if you or other gurus in the house like emmasoft can assist. Just wondering if the scenario you illustrated above relates exactly as well to the Dollar Stanbic ibtc Fund account. I have been uncomfortable anytime I log into my Stanbic ibtc Dollar fund account and I see the unit price. I was not aware or considered the unit price when I subscribed to the fund. My expectation is that I will be able to withdraw from the account based on the actual amount I want to withdraw in dollars as oppose to making a withdrawal that the amount I get in dollars will depend on the unit price. Are you saying the unit price of the fund at the time I want to fully liquidate my investment will affect the total amount I get in dollars. The stanbic staff I approached over a year ago was unable to answer my query relating to the unit price. Are you saying some of the profits that have accured in the account can be diminished due to fluctuation in the unit price. Many thanks.

Yes that is exactly what am saying
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
If you said you bought a year ago I assume you bought at the peak of the covid - 19 pandemic when bonds prices where very low and that was a good time to invest in either eurobonds or dollar funds, we saw prices soars to levels never seen before, but by January this year it started to drop drastically
Re: Eurobond by dejiotus: 10:12am On Apr 25, 2021
[quote author=ernie4life post=101090883]

Yes that is exactly what am saying [/aquote]
Many thanks for the clarification
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 8:58am On Jun 09, 2021
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) Plc has announced plans to raise US$300 million from the International Debt Capital Markets (IDCM), through the issuance of tier 2 qualifying sustainability notes.

Get ready for another Eurobonds issue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eurobond by GoldRich58: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2021
Are you a student?
Business man or woman?
Retired?

Do you need extra cash to help pay some bills or start up a business of your own with very low interest and 12months repayment plan?

GoldRich Global Loan is the answer. We offer loans to anyone who is in need of extra cash to have a good life. Call or chat us on Whatsapp: 09027104780
Re: Eurobond by bayelsaowei(m): 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
ernie4life:

Before you invest in Eurobonds or Dollar fund, its important you understand how it is managed.

Eurobonds
Let us say you buy NGERIA 7.696% Feb 23rd,2038 at a unit price of $103.75 with $100,000.00, you will get about $96,000 face value (because you are buying at premium). Effectively you will be paid 7.696% Per annum of $96,000 every 6 months till Feb 23rd,2038 when you will get back your face value of $96,000.

Let’s assume that after 5 years you have need to sale off the bonds to take care of an urgent need and you decide sale the bonds, if the current market price for a unit has appreciated to $105.95, you will make more from the sales than you bought it, but if the price declines to $102.65 then you will make less than you bought it but remember you have been earning coupons since you bought it, which will probably still make the investment profitable when you view it from a point of total return on the investment.

Dollar funds

This works in similar way because the funds are still invested in Eurobonds, if at the point you are redeeming the unit price has appreciated then your capital would have appreciated, same goes to when the unit price has depreciated.

The trick is to buy when price drops and exit when the price has appreciated. Regardless of the movement in price we classify it as unrealised loss or profit up until you sale the bond or redeem the dollar fund.
I want to ask..once an investment at a lower limit of 1000 usd and an additional 500usd is made at inception, is the investment frozen over the maturity time period or one can still add more monies to the investment?

Also what are the next opportunities for investing in Eurobonds and with which firms?

Thank you.
Re: Eurobond by DaBogu: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
ernie4life:
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) Plc has announced plans to raise US$300 million from the International Debt Capital Markets (IDCM), through the issuance of tier 2 qualifying sustainability notes.

Get ready for another Eurobonds issue
when?
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 5:34am On Jul 22, 2021
DaBogu:
when?

It's past tense
Re: Eurobond by dejiotus: 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Good afternoon my big Oga Ernie4life.
Many thanks for your valued advice regarding the Stanbic Dollar Fund account. I am particularly appreciative of your effort with regards to how the fund unit price affects the value of the investment.

Should I be worried that I have not noticed any accured interest added to my dollar fund account. The only gain I notice in my account is from the increased unit price. No quarterly or yearly interest, or coupon as in bond. Many thanks.
ernie4life:
If you said you bought a year ago I assume you bought at the peak of the covid - 19 pandemic when bonds prices where very low and that was a good time to invest in either eurobonds or dollar funds, we saw prices soars to levels never seen before, but by January this year it started to drop drastically
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
dejiotus:
Good afternoon my big Oga Ernie4life.
Many thanks for your valued advice regarding the Stanbic Dollar Fund account. I am particularly appreciative of your effort with regards to how the fund unit price affects the value of the investment.

Should I be worried that I have not noticed any accured interest added to my dollar fund account. The only gain I notice in my account is from the increased unit price. No quarterly or yearly interest, or coupon as in bond. Many thanks.

That's odd, to the best of my knowledge most dollar funds pay dividend twice a year, are you saying they have not paid you anything (mind you most clients opt for reinvestment of dividend).
Re: Eurobond by dejiotus: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Many thanks for your response. Lack of any dividend payment (at least as per my account statement) is exactly what I am concerned about. The only payments on my account statement were the four deposits I paid into the dollar fund. From my calculation, the increment or gains in my investment with the fund appears to be due mainly to the difference between my entry unit price of about 1.17 on average to current unit price of 1.28

ernie4life:

That's odd, to the best of my knowledge most dollar funds pay dividend twice a year, are you saying they have not paid you anything (mind you most clients opt for reinvestment of dividend).
Re: Eurobond by ImperialCovfefe: 1:38am On Nov 06, 2021
Stanbic dollar fund pays out the dividends once a year. IIRC, I think it's around December yearly
Re: Eurobond by dejiotus: 2:06am On Nov 06, 2021
Many thanks for the information. There is no indication from my statement to suggest payment of dividend at anytime since I subscribed to Stanbic Dollar fund in 2019. I will contact the customer service desk to find out what is going on.
ImperialCovfefe:
Stanbic dollar fund pays out the dividends once a year. IIRC, I think it's around December yearly
Re: Eurobond by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:19am On Nov 25, 2021
ImperialCovfefe:

Send your WhatsApp number to me in a dead thread
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 10:30am On Jan 19, 2022
Hello investors,

am just here to inform us that yield has gone up, if you are considering investing in Eurobonds, now is the right time, most bonds are at a discount right now.
Re: Eurobond by sirrotex: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
Any suggestions as to which investment company to use?
ernie4life:
Hello investors,

am just here to inform us that yield has gone up, if you are considering investing in Eurobonds, now is the right time, most bonds are at a discount right now.
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
sirrotex:
Any suggestions as to which investment company to use?

Use any investment company registered with sec but you can DM me for my personal recommendation
Re: Eurobond by olystic: 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
ernie4life:

Use any investment company registered with sec but you can DM me for my personal recommendation

Hello
Please I also sent you mail in respect of the recommendation for the eurobond investment for which coy.
Re: Eurobond by cc150615(f): 8:23am On Mar 24, 2022
Hi guys please are funds are doing well now, I just realised stanbic has been at 5% since last year
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 9:26am On Mar 24, 2022
cc150615:
Hi guys please are funds are doing well now, I just realised stanbic has been at 5% since last year

You mean dollar funds?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture / Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? / SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.