Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Eurobond - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Eurobond (28116 Views)

What Are Eurobond Investments Please? / Ecobank Transnational Incorporated $50m Eurobond Oversubscribed By 460% / Ecobank Transnational Incorporated Debut $450 Million Eurobond Oversubscribed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eurobond by ImperialCovfefe: 1:50am On Oct 21, 2022
Olaide1295:

@imperialcovfefe, Thanks for the heads up.
Can you help understand the image below relative to the current ~15% yield on Eurobonds. Is getting >700 units of the Stanbic USD fund on cowrywise a good deal for $1k USD (example)?

Another one is ARM Eurobond fund which is 75% eurobond. Help me understand how to calculate yield on the bonds relative to current market rates. Thanks.
You can only get the coupon yields if you buy the Eurobonds directly (Secondary market). For that, you need at least $125k.

These other dollar bond funds are not transparent with their mark-to-market processes. They are probably afraid to show losses on their books for their retail clients. Maybe @ernie4life can shed more light on those for you.

You can get the daily fund prices/yields from FMAN's website: https://fman.com.ng/pricelist.

1 Like

Re: Eurobond by Olaide1295: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

You can only get the coupon yields if you buy the Eurobonds directly (Secondary market). For that, you need at least $125k.

These other dollar bond funds are not transparent with their mark-to-market processes. They are probably afraid to show losses on their books for their retail clients. Maybe @ernie4life can shed more light on those for you.

You can get the daily fund prices/yields from FMAN's website: https://fman.com.ng/pricelist.
Thank you!
I am afraid I cannot invest in those funds because of lack of transparency. Buying Nigeria-issued Eurobond is enough risk in itself.
Since I cannot buy without up to 125K USD cash, I have to give up on the opportunity.
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 5:45am On Nov 09, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

True
Re: Eurobond by sholatech(m): 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2022
I am m considering some Eurobond Purchase but bit confused on how to make a buy decisions as the banks only sent details indicating:

Bid Px, Ask Px, Bid % and Ask%. As an example, Republic of Ghana Jan 2027 with Bid Px at46 and Ask Px at 49.

Will appreciate a guide by the professionals in this house
Re: Eurobond by Olaide1295: 12:14am On Nov 15, 2022
sholatech:
I am m considering some Eurobond Purchase but bit confused on how to make a buy decisions as the banks only sent details indicating:

Bid Px, Ask Px, Bid % and Ask%. As an example, Republic of Ghana Jan 2027 with Bid Px at46 and Ask Px at 49.

I dont know so much so I’ll let the ogas comment.
Just that I won’t touch any Ghana bond right now with a 10-foot pole. The risk of default is super high.
Re: Eurobond by loucbou: 3:11am On Nov 15, 2022
Check: t h e n e w g l o b a l r e s e r v e. c o m

Earn, invest and have peace, + loan opportunities
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 3:57am On Nov 15, 2022
sholatech:

Avoid Ghana by all means, check out Nigeria 2049 and Access bank, won't be bad if you wait for yileds to increase because yields declined on Friday.
Re: Eurobond by sholatech(m): 6:20am On Nov 16, 2022
ernie4life:

Avoid Ghana by all means, check out Nigeria 2049 and Access bank, won't be bad if you wait for yileds to increase because yields declined on Friday.

Many thanks Professor Ernie4life. I have narrowed down to these two, with different Coupon, Bid and Ask Price as follows:

ACCESS BANK PERPETUAL 9.125 15.53 14.69
REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA JAN 2049 9.248 12.9 12.62

Please how do i make a decision given these two options? Are the Bid/Ask prices relevant for decision making?
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2022
sholatech:

Many thanks Professor Ernie4life. I have narrowed down to these two, with different Coupon, Bid and Ask Price as follows:

ACCESS BANK PERPETUAL 9.125 15.53 14.69
REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA JAN 2049 9.248 12.9 12.62

Please how do i make a decision given these two options? Are the Bid/Ask prices relevant for decision making?

Yield is a more rational metric to consider in selecting which Eurobonds to purchase.
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2022
Yields are dropping

Re: Eurobond by Wapgod(m): 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2022
ernie4life:
Yields are dropping
Is $125k the minimum needed to do this?
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2022
Wapgod:

Is $125k the minimum needed to do this?

Depends on the investment house you are speaking to
Re: Eurobond by Olaide1295: 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2022
ernie4life:

Depends on the investment house you are speaking to
Please, do you know any investment house that accepts less?
i-invest app has some but the yields are not as good.
Re: Eurobond by jabolo(m): 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2022
Olaide1295:

I dont know so much so I’ll let the ogas comment.
Just that I won’t touch any Ghana bond right now with a 10-foot pole. The risk of default is super high.

I'm not often here but let me just reiterate this message, as a public service.
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2022
Olaide1295:

Please, do you know any investment house that accepts less?
i-invest app has some but the yields are not as good.

Send me a PM
Re: Eurobond by Olaide1295: 10:58am On Dec 07, 2022
ernie4life:

Send me a PM
Done Boss.
Re: Eurobond by Olaide1295: 1:24am On Dec 10, 2022
The FMN link shared above doesn't seem to be getting latest updates.

For anyone interested in watching, the DMO updates this page
https://www.dmo.gov.ng/fgn-bonds/eurobonds-trading

I am still looking for apps that let me invest in Eurobonds AT MARKET PRICES. Not mumu funds that may not be transparent.
Re: Eurobond by Kpboy1: 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2022
Re: Eurobond by Gilgil: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Can we resurrect this thread?

Absolutely fantastic people and info here

I bow to all of una
Re: Eurobond by ernie4life(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2023
Gilgil:
Can we resurrect this thread?

Absolutely fantastic people and info here

I bow to all of una

smiley
Re: Eurobond by mumu9gerian: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
Abeg , we need new info for 2024 ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture / Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? / SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.