Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,343 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (76983 Views)

Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
I just need to leave this country!!!! I'm thinking Ukraine
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
lordally:
I just need to leave this country!!!! I'm thinking Ukraine

Ukraine of all places? ?

Better forget about that place

5 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ugosample:

Ukraine of all places? ?

Better forget about that place

UGOSAMPLE my mannest man!!! you dey give me joy I swear!!!!! Sp what's up na do u have any country in mind that is cheap to go to which job opportunities while schooling and after schooling with cheap tuition fees
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Rexnegro(m): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
kenevision:

Any trusted flight booking agent around you can do it bro. I got mine for 5K or so. Even here on nairaland, there are many who can do it.

Chat @kagari up, I believe he can handle it.
thanks someone has connected me to an agent here as well .... but please how many days was your itinerary valid for? I mean how many days was it valid for the embassy to be able to confirm it on th airline website.. ? my own agent said two to three days meanwhile the embassy will take 5 to 7 working days to treat visa application.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2018
Rexnegro:

thanks someone has connected me to an agent here as well .... but please how many days was your itinerary valid for? I mean how many days was it valid for the embassy to be able to confirm it on th airline website.. ? my own agent said two to three days meanwhile the embassy will take 5 to 7 working days to treat visa application.

Bro, the itinerary should be valid for 21 days. Well the trend may have changed, but the agent that did mine held it for 21 days, which reasonably covers the period needed by he embassy to do their thing. If it's 2 days, then just book it yourself nah and hold. Individuals can hold for 2 days while agents hold for 21 days.

Except things have changed.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
LIVING IN LINZ

Finally, after an hour fifty minutes train ride, I arrived at Linz train station. I remembered what my friend said when he sent me the train ticket ; do not be worried about which train station to stop, because you will pass through many of them. But keep track of your time. Once it is 13:55pm, the train will stop at Linz, just alight there! At exactly the said time, the train pulled up at Linz Bahnhof (the german word for train station). I got off.

This experience got me thinking of how organized this country is. They say a train will leave by a particular time, that particular time it leaves and will get to its destination by the appointed time. Try it From Lagos to Onitsha and see if you won’t end your journey at Ore grin. Time management is a luxury every Austrian must learn to live with.

I sat at the station sucking in the beauty of the whole environment. People passed by minding their various businesses. Some smiled at me, others didn’t bother to cast a look on me. To any who casted a friendly gaze on me, I would say Guten Tag (Good afternoon). Some mumbled incoherent words and walked on, others smiled my greetings away. It was clear to them that I just landed from Africa. Even if my composure was cool, my Ghana Must Go Bag gave me away. Between me and my GMG bag, I didn’t know who was more tired. A portion of the bag was now torn and the stock fish I brought for my friend was sticking out its head, only held back by the double layer of the transparent cello tape I used in wrapping the bag.

I was still enjoying the feeling of my new environment when friend hugged me from behind. I stood up and we hugged even more, exchanging our pleasantries in a language only we can understand. We carried off the bags through the subway to the car park. We drove in his car to a place I would call home for the next 14 days. I was treated to a delicious African dish (eba and bitterleaf soup).

Weakly, I abandoned myself to my bed and closed my eyes.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
God is good!!! welcome bro!!!

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Rexnegro(m): 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
kenevision:

Bro, the itinerary should be valid for 21 days. Well the trend may have changed, but the agent that did mine held it for 21 days, which reasonably covers the period needed by he embassy to do their thing. If it's 2 days, then just book it yourself nah and hold. Individuals can hold for 2 days while agents hold for 21 days.

Except things have changed.
I tot as much bro , but the one I did myself didn't didn't carry booking code and PNR passenger name record... well don't know if I did it well but felt like that wasn't enough for visa application as embassy need the code to check for it authenticity. please am sorry if am disturbing u but pls help a brother in need
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
kenevision:
LIVING IN LINZ

Finally, after an hour fifty minutes train ride, I arrived at Linz train station. I remembered what my friend said when he sent me the train ticket ; do not be worried about which train station to stop, because you will pass through many of them. But keep track of your time. Once it is 13:55pm, the train will stop at Linz, just alight there! At exactly the said time, the train pulled up at Linz Bahnhof (the german word for train station). I got off.

This experience got me thinking of how organized this country is. They say a train will leave by a particular time, that particular time it leaves and will get to its destination by the appointed time. Try it From Lagos to Onitsha and see if you won’t end your journey at Ore grin. Time management is a luxury every Austrian must learn to live with.

I sat at the station sucking in the beauty of the whole environment. People passed by minding their various businesses. Some smiled at me, others didn’t bother to cast a look on me. To any who casted a friendly gaze on me, I would say Guten Tag (Good afternoon). Some mumbled incoherent words and walked on, others smiled my greetings away. It was clear to them that I just landed from Africa. Even if my composure was cool, my Ghana Must Go Bag gave me away. Between me and my GMG bag, I didn’t know who was more tired. A portion of the bag was now torn and the stock fish I brought for my friend was sticking out its head, only held back by the double layer of the transparent cello tape I used in wrapping the bag.

I was still enjoying the feeling of my new environment when friend hugged me from behind. I stood up and we hugged even more, exchanging our pleasantries in a language only we can understand. We carried off the bags through the subway to the car park. We drove in his car to a place I would call home for the next 14 days. I was treated to a delicious African dish (eba and bitterleaf soup).

Nice one

Time management is key

Even for buses, 7 am bus is 7 am bus

7:30 bus is 7:30

But in my $hithole country of origin undecided

The little things in my opinion is what separates developed, or sane societies from useless ones.

too many uncivilized, uncouth and backward people in my country of origin

And when you try to do the right thing, you get frustrated and sabotaged by the same people undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by spiritedtete: 5:38am On Aug 14, 2018
stagger:

Nothing to clarify. That is a bribe. Do you expect a crocodile in Nigeria to turn to a Komodo in Turkey?

I beg to disagree.... What bribe 20 USD... Lol. You will only be watching the passport control desk counter from afar.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 14, 2018
Ugosample:

Nice one

Time management is key

Even for buses, 7 am bus is 7 am bus

7:30 bus is 7:30

But in my $hithole country of origin undecided

The little things in my opinion is what separates developed, or sane societies from useless ones.

too many uncivilized, uncouth and backward people in my country of origin

And when you try to do the right thing, you get frustrated and sabotaged by the same people undecided

lol.. Corruption s now a culture in nigeria.. If u ain't corrupt, u ain't a nigga cheesy

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2018
I had barely closed my eyes when I saw myself in my father’s house, surrounded by my whole community. I was telling them a story of a beautiful land where there are no sorrows; a land of immense beauty, with magnificent hills and scenic valleys, a happy nation with happy people, where there is no hunger and deprivation, a land where justice reigns kiss .

As I told them my story, I saw desire in them; desire to be free from all forms of societal ills that have formed part of their daily lives. Well, who wouldn’t be? When you come from a nation where hunger and starvation is the order of the day, where there is no respect for human lives, where unemployment has broken through the roof and aiming for the sky, where justice and rule of law is only read in the books of history, then you will desire above all to be free cry . I too wanted them to be free.

I opened my father’s old Golf 3 car and ushered them in. By some, perhaps spiritual technology beyond my understanding, my whole community was comfortably seated in a Golf 3 car shocked . I was taking them to the land of freedom, in my father’s car. First we were driving, and later we were flying. I was the pilot, their pilot to freedom.

I could not recall how long we were on air when I opened my eyes, still weakly stretched on my bed. It was 4am in the morning and as usual, the sun was up. I felt so cold. If summer is this cold, I wonder how the winter will be. I knelt down and prayed, thanking GOD for the safe journey he granted me both on land and on air, thanking Him for this travel opportunity that has opened a new dimension of understanding in me. I took a hot shower, dressed up nicely and headed for the dining room for an Austrian breakfast.

It was 7am in the morning. I looked at the breakfast table, smiled to myself and gently loosened my belt. Food is ready!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 10:55am On Aug 14, 2018
Rexnegro:

I tot as much bro , but the one I did myself didn't didn't carry booking code and PNR passenger name record... well don't know if I did it well but felt like that wasn't enough for visa application as embassy need the code to check for it authenticity. please am sorry if am disturbing u but pls help a brother in need

Well, I believe the booking code is what the embassy needs to confirm your itinerary. your best bet is still a trusted travel agent around you. just tell them to make a reservation for visa purpose.

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2018
kenevision:
I had barely closed my eyes when I saw myself in my father’s house, surrounded by my whole community. I was telling them a story of a beautiful land where there are no sorrows; a land of immense beauty, with magnificent hills and scenic valleys, a happy nation with happy people, where there is no hunger and deprivation, a land where justice reigns kiss .

As I told them my story, I saw desire in them; desire to be free from all forms of societal ills that have formed part of their daily lives. Well, who wouldn’t be? When you come from a nation where hunger and starvation is the order of the day, where there is no respect for human lives, where unemployment has broken through the roof and aiming for the sky, where justice and rule of law is only read in the books of history, then you will desire above all to be free cry . I too wanted them to be free.

I opened my father’s old Golf 3 car and ushered them in. By some, perhaps spiritual technology beyond my understanding, my whole community was comfortably seated in a Golf 3 car shocked . I was taking them to the land of freedom, in my father’s car. First we were driving, and later we were flying. I was the pilot, their pilot to freedom.

I could not recall how long we were on air when I opened my eyes, still weakly stretched on my bed. It was 4am in the morning and as usual, the sun was up. I felt so cold. If summer is this cold, I wonder how the winter will be. I knelt down and prayed, thanking GOD for the safe journey he granted me both on land and on air, thanking Him for this travel opportunity that has opened a new dimension of understanding in me. I took a hot shower, dressed up nicely and headed for the dining room for an Austrian breakfast.

It was 7am in the morning. I looked at the breakfast table, smiled to myself and gently loosened my belt. Food is ready!
bro, ur posts and updates are nice, but please don't ridicule Nigeria at the expense of it. Cos not everybody lives in poverty here and most of us prefer it, makes it, and likes it here.

Shalom cool

10 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by akosh005: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2018
Op, don't tell me u are coming back after 14days.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 11:32am On Aug 14, 2018
krattoss:
bro, ur posts and updates are nice, but please don't ridicule Nigeria at the expense of it. Cos not everybody lives in poverty here and most of us prefer it, makes it, and likes it here.

Shalom cool

Nigeria deserved every ridicule it gets; as a shameless country that it is.

So much chaos, poverty and wickedness in one space

A country abundantly rich in resources

You are right, not all lives in poverty, but most do

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2018
akosh005:

he is back already

He is telling the story in past tense

4 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2018
akosh005:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA LWKMD!!!
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by adeniyi65(m): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
kenevision next update abeg.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by nnamdiosu(m): 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
kenevision:

Shebi na u won use your own hands carry village people come meet you bah? Ok continue. Don't bind and cast that dream. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Tino2017(m): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] grin grin grin grin grin
nnamdiosu:

Shebi na u won use your own hands carry village people come meet you bah? Ok continue. Don't bind and cast that dream. smiley
grin
nnamdiosu:

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 9:12am On Aug 15, 2018
Guys in the recent report, Vienna is the worlds most LIVEABLE PLACE.... while Melbourne follows in second place!!!! ....Chai!!! papa God!!!!! help me self make I go Vienna oooo

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Tino2017(m): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
i swaer bro
lordally:
Guys in the recent report, Vienna is the worlds most LIVEABLE PLACE.... while Melbourne follows in second place!!!! ....Chai!!! papa God!!!!! help me self make I go Vienna oooo
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Harzontorh: 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
kenevision:
LIVING IN LINZ

I hope you took a picture of that GMG bag. The way you described it made my day already.. Seeing it in Picture could make my whole month. Pls! ��

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by peacengine(m): 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
kenevision:

Bro this ur dream is sweet buh where the food? All I see is apple, banana and bread, you call this food!

3 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by peacengine(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ugosample:

Nigeria deserved every ridicule it gets; as a shameless country that it is.

So much chaos, poverty and wickedness in one space

A country abundantly rich in resources

You are right, not all lives in poverty, but most do

This nigga grin Nija number one enemy, DSS need to monitor u
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2018
peacengine:

Bro this ur dream is sweet buh where the food? All I see is apple, banana and bread, you call this food!

Bros na the food be that ooo grin. Believe me, you will love their dishes when you get used to them. And one thing I noticed is that you will hardly visit the toilet when you are on Austrian diet. Even when you do, na small thing go drop. Your body needs every thing you eat - talk about balanced diet.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2018
Harzontorh:

I hope you took a picture of that GMG bag. The way you described it made my day already.. Seeing it in Picture could make my whole month. Pls! ��

grin grin grin I will upload the pictures sir grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.