Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Yorubas Are Moors - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Are Moors (19614 Views)

Long Lost History Of The Moors [africans] / We Are More Than Just Egyptians, Moors, Igbos, Hausas And Yorubas. / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 9:09am On Aug 14, 2018
OMANBALA1:
This thread is very embarrassing. It makes you guys look like inferiors.
This reminds me of an incident with a Hispanic guy who want to be white so much. He looked at me and asked what race do I think he is and I mischievously said white ,of course.... grin grin grin. But, whenever he runs into trouble with white people and they treat him like dirt he screams white people are devils. This is a characteristic of a weak man, he is not content with what God made him. And to be really honest very few human are satisfied in what God made them....RIP Malcolm X.
You are the inferior one here

You come at us for having knowledge of black sovereignty over Europe from 700AD till 1900s

Something acknowledged by the Smithsonian museum in Washington DC I have been there to see it for myself !

Now if you are arguing against Yoruba Moorish identity that is understandable because moors were mostly afro Asiatic from the maghreb

However you also had sizeable conscripts from the sub Sahara so what is your problem if I choose to embrace a Moorish identity rather than this s.hitty Nigerian identity ?
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 9:17am On Aug 14, 2018
OMANBALA1:
This thread is very embarrassing. It makes you guys look like inferiors.
This reminds me of an incident with a Hispanic guy who want to be white so much. He looked at me and asked what race do I think he is and I mischievously said white ,of course.... grin grin grin. But, whenever he runs into trouble with white people and they treat him like dirt he screams white people are devils. This is a characteristic of a weak man, he is not content with what God made him. And to be really honest very few human are satisfied in what God made them....RIP Malcolm X.
Can u show me any ancient structure in the sub Sahara dating before 8000bc (the ancient boat from northern nigeria is the only artifact dated 8000 bc) show me anything before that date

Can u point to any fossils dating beyond the ones found in east Africa, the middle East?

Common sense will make u open minded to other ideas on our history

Even your own forefathers claim an extraneous origin outside Africa... this is a fact

Study all the oral narratives of West African tribes

They all claim middle eastern Asiatic origins

You need to calm down and be open minded
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by kayfra: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2018
Moorish:

Thanks for the enlightenment

I been known that yorubas, and San khoisan and massai are the only blacks with the Neanderthal DNA

I read about this before

Maybe that's why I have a huge Jewish looking hooked nose

On top of that, 8% of our DNA is related to an unknown early human form.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5573301/Modern-day-people-West-Africa-carry-genes-unknown-species-human-ancestor.html
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2018
kayfra:

On top of that, 8% of our DNA is related to an unknown early human form.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5573301/Modern-day-people-West-Africa-carry-genes-unknown-species-human-ancestor.html
8% is a huge number

And this unique DNA sequence is exclusive to west Africans

Interesting
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2018
Olu317:
Yes Sir,I have. In fact ,he was one of those that claim and support Arab's origin of Yorubas .
You see,I have read his account on Yoruba's history. Quite interesting as it is but, he pegged yoruba only to be associated to Noble class of the Arabs .

He also mentioned, Moors,Nubians and Black(whom I feel,he meant Bantoid groups) as the other group that formed the Yoruba ethnicity. He didnt mention Ancient Hebrew in his account but some of the words he listed are shared among the Ancient Arabs, the Hebrews and the Yorubas. Unfortunately, he didn't provide shared words with other groups he mentioned. For example, he did only comparison between Yoruba and Ancient Arab,while I did the the analysis of the Ancient Arabs,Ancient Hebrews and the Yoruba's. The Ancient Arab's– (Fatilah), Ancient Hebrew –(Phateelah) and Ancient Yoruba (Fitila),which mean ‘ancient lamp with ‘wick'. So also, Ancient Arab(Āsal), Ancient Hebrew(Haylil or lel) and the Ancient Yoruba ( Àlé,Àsàlé,Iró'lé),which mean ‘Evening/Night'.

The point is that the close similarity between the Ancient Hebrew's langauge ,is too strong ,to be ignored. I do acknowledge the cleric's knowledge because, he showed and proved with some of the shared words of semitic origin that there is a possible of Middle Eastern people were among the settlers in present day Yoruba land. Certain words are present in Yoruba lexicon that are in ancient Middle East, especially western part of Middle East. and these word list are alien or not found in Hausa and Fulfude languages,which are classified as Afroasia. Take for instance, Yoruba' ‘Eshù', , which has same meaning with Akkadian's Eksu—Aksum,(waksum ) which mean; sassy,perilious, racy, tricky,dangerous.

Again, I find something incoherent between the Muslim Yorubas and Christian counterparts, because I have observed there is slight arguement between the two groups on the meaning of ‘Lord of Heaven',
And in this arguement the Christians scholars and the Muslim counterparts agree on Óló/Ólú but disagreed on the claims of Chirstian's ‘Órún' and vice versa by the Christian scholars on Muslim's ‘Óhún'.

From your understanding, which word was original used to reference heaven?

Cheers
Olu I advice you to pick up a Hausa bible and compare with a Hebrew one

The Hausas are highly related to the true Israelite

I have both bibles and the evidence is shocking
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2018
Moorish:

8% is a huge number

And this unique DNA sequence is exclusive to west Africans

Interesting

Do you know Italian Sicilian have 10% sub Saharan DNA in them ... I have a friend from Bornu state that had a DNA test done on him it shows 2% middle east 1 %Greece , people migrate .. Nupe man DNA will have Sudanic/ middle east admixture ..likewise fula...

People are just stupid , from knowledge of anthropology and etymology i know all blacks aren't the same .. we come different genetic variant that gives human diversity...

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by kayfra: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
Obalufon:

Do you know Italian Sicilian have 10% sub Saharan DNA in them ... I have a friend from Bornu state that had a DNA test done on him it shows 2% middle east 1 %Greece , people migrate .. Nupe man DNA will have Sudanic/ middle east admixture ..likewise fula...

People are just stupid , from knowledge of anthropology and etymology i know all blacks aren't the same .. we come different genetic variant that gives human diversity...

Average yoruba guy carries at least 5% Fulani (Mali and Senegal) DNA. Those guys have extensive admixture with moors

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
kayfra:

Average yoruba guy carries at least 5% Fulani (Mali and Senegal) DNA. Those guys have extensive admixture with moors
My mum is pre-dominantly fula
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
Obalufon:

I do know about Italian African genetics
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by googi: 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
Buroda,

Inferiority complex go kill you. It is undisputed that life began in Africa.

When you guys talk about originally or origin of a word or people, it can only come from Africa. Stop twisting it the other way round.

Ife in Africa is closer to the origin of man than Garden of Eden or whatever anywhere else. Stop relating to people who do not give a damn about you or relate back to you.

No wonder they give you Bible, Koran and mirrors and give you their culture to cherish but devalue your gold diamond, uranium etc in other to sell them back to you after devaluing your currencies.

In those days as kids we used to call morons compound fools. But not anyone here because you guys are supposed to be highly informed.

So please display your educated instincts here.

.However you also had sizeable conscripts from the sub Sahara so what is your problem if I choose to embrace a Moorish identity rather than this s.hitty Nigerian identity ?
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
Moorish:

My mum is pre-dominantly fula
moors were black people from Africa Ancient Ghana soneinke people in present Mauritania senegalese. Major generals of the campaign were from Senegal Malian Bambaras fula ,Berber in the north is the same family as Bariba in Borgu and beriberi in bornu they have the same historical cultural connection they traded between themselves ..... Bornu Empire stretched to Libya ..European account of black moors they were seen as black as ink tall with scarification on their face they were so terrified they didn't raise their sword they fled by the sight of them.. if the major moors were white Arabs they would be monument for them yet they have lot painting and sculptures of black moors around Europe .. Spanish too have subsahara DNA... Italian Sicilian are dark skinned 10 % subsaharan their's were due to Hannibal invasion of Roman empire during Punic war and The used of black Jew by the Roman Empire to fight wars

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
googi:
Buroda,

Inferiority complex go kill you. It is undisputed that life began in Africa.

When you guys talk about originally or origin of a word or people, it can only come from Africa. Stop twisting it the other way round.

Ife in Africa is closer to the origin of man than Garden of Eden or whatever anywhere else. Stop relating to people who do not give a damn about you or relate back to you.

No wonder they give you Bible, Koran and mirrors and give you their culture to cherish but devalue your gold diamond, uranium etc in other to sell them back to you after devaluing your currencies.

In those days as kids we used to call morons compound fools. But not anyone here because you guys are supposed to be highly informed.

So please display your educated instincts here.

You show me no proof to back your assertions

Yes, east Africa being the cradle of mankind is an accepted norm due to the fossil evidence

However that is east Africa. West Africa is a different story altogether. West Africa, if u consider fossil evidence, is even younger than the Asian continent and Eastern Europe (Russia), and southern China

You claim ife as man’s birthplace but have no proof besides oral narratives and blind faith

I reiterated severally that I do not speak for all yorubas, I am speaking specifically for myself and my own family and other yorubas with Afro-asiatic tribal admixtures. My mum is Fulani from her male lineage.. that alone qualifies my moorish identity if Yoruba does not gaurantee me that.

You didn’t teach me anything new, besides exposing your own ignorance
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by googi: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
Moore,

I wish I can convince you but you are an educated man that skewed your knowledge to inferiority complex. But most blacks do that even outside Africa. They always refer to their one drop of European blood no matter how much African blood they have in them.

Then, when looking for organ donors, whites are surprised that their closest genetic match is black or the other way around.

Does that make a white man black or a black man white?

You are no different from the most pure Hausa that claim Fulani is their blood in order to gain privileged class.

BTW, the oldest fossil evidence of man is closer to Sudan than Ethiopia. Your East Africa come after. That is still closer to lfe.

Your problem is not education or more info. but complex that has turned Africans into providers of raw materials for life.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
googi:
Moore,

I wish I can convince you but you are an educated man that skewed your knowledge to inferiority complex. But most blacks do that even outside Africa. They always refer to their one drop of European blood no matter how much African blood they have in them.

Then, when looking for organ donors, whites are surprised that their closest genetic match is black or the other way around.

You are no different from the most pure Hausa that claim Fulani is their blood in order to gain privileged class.

BTW, the oldest fossil evidence of man is closer to Sudan than Ethiopia. Your East Africa come after. That is still closer to lfe.

Your problem is not education or more info. but complex that has turned Africans into providers of raw materials for life.
Are you disproving migration of Africans or black moors legacy ... what is the difference between Nupe man and igbo or calabar man?...
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by googi: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
Far from it. Indeed, migration of Africans is undisputed by most honest historians and archeologists. They were the Aromire and Oloko of those days found worldwide Before Christ not to mention Columbus the usurper.

I think the confusion stem from their return back to Africa as Omowale, Ola-Tokunbo etc. Some of the historians even indicated that Oduduwa had to produce evidence of birth marks and others to be accepted.

BTW, I have followed you and Olu317. Even when you guys disagree, you have been very educative. It does not mean I always agree with both of you.

If you read the early posting of Moore, he thinks Moores are from out of space until their history and lineage was stated by you or someone else.

Obalufon:
Are you disproving migration of Africans or black moors legacy ... what is the difference between Nupe man and igbo or calabar man?...
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 4:05am On Aug 15, 2018
googi:
Moore,

Your post is erroneous

You said ife is the source of man and verified your claims by stating the oldest human fossils stem from Sudan?

Do you even read your posts?

Your problem is lack of proper education and fundamental geography

If you had the latter, you would know Sudan is nearer Ethiopia than Nigeria is to Sudan
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by MetaPhysical: 5:21am On Aug 15, 2018
kayfra:

The Yorubas have Eurasia gene admixture that dates thousands of years ago. The quote is below:

HG = Hunter Gatherer
Eurasia = Europe/Asia
SSA = Sub Sahara Africa

"We found evidence for historically complex and regionally distinct admixture with multiple HG and Eurasian populations across SSA (Fig. 2 and Supplementary Note 5). Specifically, ancient Eurasian admixture was observed in central West African populations (Yoruba; ~7,500–10,500 years ago), old admixture among Ethiopian populations (~2,400–3,200 years ago) consistent with previous reports10, 12, and more recent complex admixture in some East African populations (~150–1,500 years ago) (Fig. 2, Extended Data Fig. 7 and Supplementary Note 5). Our finding of ancient Eurasian admixture corroborates findings of non-zero Neanderthal ancestry in Yoruba, which is likely to have been introduced through Eurasian admixture and back migration, possibly facilitated by greening of the Sahara desert during this period13, 14."

Not only the Eurasia admixture they also have Neanderthal genes just like they have in native Eurasian population. SO it seems we went out of Africa, mixed and came back to Africa which is similar to the whole Oduduwa-Lamurudu claims. It's really an intriguing find and just corroborates whats griots have been saying.

Here is the official study sponsored by NIH (You need PubMed access to read it)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25470054

Here is a free version
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/full/nature13997.html

I want to hear more. Join me here...

https://www.nairaland.com/4676786/inspection-examination-yoruba-footprints-ancient#70286350
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by geosegun(m): 8:30am On Aug 15, 2018
Moorish:

Your post is erroneous

You said ife is the source of man and verified your claims by stating the oldest human fossils stem from Sudan?

If you had the latter, you would know Sudan is nearer Ethiopia than Nigeria is to Sudan

Being a geoscientist I can state that topography, surfacial processes and geographical locations (vegetation) would never favour preservation of fossils in West Africa, hence the paucity of fossilized remains of ancient man.

While I am not against or in favour of these argument. It's good to look at all reasons and available evidences from both angles. I have read somewhere that one of the longest strain of DNA comes from West Africa and Close to Ife, in present Osun state. This surprised the scientists and hence the reason they narrow their research to Ife within the Yoruba enclave.

I am open minded and learn everyday. There is something about that IFA, it gives the practitioner a lot of confidence and hence being adopted even in foreign lands. It was IFA that states the life begins at ife. It may as well means that civilizations of the Yoruba race began at Ife? Just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by googi: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2018
Believe me, it is not easy but I have avoided superfluous adjectives that people use when they cannot use logical points to counter insurmountable issues in a discussion.

I do not know how proximity of Sudan and Ethiopia that has been known since ancient time got to do with similarlry of your nose to those you wish you were.

It reminds me of a girl with blue or green eyes that was celebrated on this site sometime ago.

Until you come up with useful discussion, this is my last response to you.

Moorish:

Your post is erroneous

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by googi: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2018
You are dead right. Discovery of Iwo Eleru 10,000 BC of Yoruba antifacts was almost a miracle in our wet vegetation in the rain forest. As we move North, preservation became easier as the discovery of Danfonue boat or the Nork culture.

Unfortunately, Ife had to move southwards about seven times for safety.

geosegun:

Being a geoscientist I can state that topography, surfacial processes and geographical locations (vegetation) would never favour preservation of fossils in West Africa, hence the paucity of fossilized remains of ancient man.

While I am not against or in favour of these argument. It's good to look at all reasons and available evidences from both angles. I have read somewhere that one of the longest strain of DNA comes from West Africa and Close to Ife, in present Osun state. This surprised the scientists and hence the reason they narrow their research to Ife within the Yoruba enclave.

I am open minded and learn everyday. There is something about that IFA, it gives the practitioner a lot of confidence and hence being adopted even in foreign lands. It was IFA that states the life begins at ife. It may as well means that civilizations of the Yoruba race began at Ife? Just thinking out loud.
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2018
geosegun:

As far as science is concerned, the earliest remains of human beings are agreed to be located in east Africa

Until unequivocal evidence on the contrary is discovered

That remains the status quo

Thank you!
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2018
googi:
Believe me, it is not easy but I have avoided superfluous adjectives that people use when they cannot use logical points to counter insurmountable issues in a discussion.

I do not know how proximity of Sudan and Ethiopia that has been known since ancient time got to do with similarlry of your nose to those you wish you were.

It reminds me of a girl with blue or green eyes that was celebrated on this site sometime ago.

Until you come up with useful discussion, this is my last response to you.

Okay, bye bye!
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
Moorish:

Okay, bye bye!

Don't say good bye bro ..We are in the dark all we need is more light .
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
googi:
Far from it. Indeed, migration of Africans is undisputed by most honest historians and archeologists. They were the Aromire and Oloko of those days found worldwide Before Christ not to mention Columbus the usurper.

I think the confusion stem from their return back to Africa as Omowale, Ola-Tokunbo etc. Some of the historians even indicated that Oduduwa had to produce evidence of birth marks and others to be accepted.

BTW, I have followed you and Olu317. Even when you guys disagree, you have been very educative. It does not mean I always agree with both of you.

If you read the early posting of Moore, he thinks Moores are from out of space until their history and lineage was stated by you or someone else.

Quite interesting sir.Much respect to you googi
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
googi:

You are dead right. Discovery of Iwo Eleru 10,000 BC of Yoruba antifacts was almost a miracle in our wet vegetation in the rain forest. As we move North, preservation became easier as the discovery of Danfonue boat or the Nork culture.

Unfortunately, Ife had to move southwards about seven times for safety.

Even at this discovery, the skull discovered isn't any Yoruba's ancestors.
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by 0balufonlll: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
googi:

Who are these historians? Please mention their names and cite works where in they said this you’ve written.

Thank you.
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
Moorish:

Olu I advice you to pick up a Hausa bible and compare with a Hebrew one

The Hausas are highly related to the true Israelite

I have both bibles and the evidence is shocking
Hausa, as you claimed didnt spoke the ancient Hebrew it is different from the present day spoken Hebrew that developed from Aramaic and Roman-Greek languages,centuries after.
Here is something astonishing to also ponder over.

Ibo: Oku(orku)
Meaning: fire

Ibo: Oku(orku)

Hausa:wutar-murhu
Meaning:fire

Hausa:wutar-lantarki
Meaning:light

Nupe/Borgu(Tapa): dorn

Nupe/Borgu(Tapa): dorn
Meaning: light

The Hebrew: ner/nar
Meaning: fire and light

Yoruba: ìnà
Meaning: fire and light

Do you have idea on the reason the four groups don't share same word for light and fire but Yoruba share with Hebrew?
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by googi: 3:03am On Aug 16, 2018
0balufonlll:

Who are these historians? Please mention their names and cite works where in they said this you’ve written.

Thank you.

Oduduwa must have been here before Christ, going by parallel archeology of the Yoruba, Egypt, Greece and Rome with the history in the Bible or the Koran. Unless those before him were many centuries old before he was born! He traveled through the Nile river, spread Yoruba civilization and religion. Yoruba, named in Arabic writing noted them for their religion, before their present country brothers became aware of them. See Beginning of Ethnic Formation. During Oduduwa�s exploration, he had children Yoruba usually name AdeTokunbo, Omowale, Magbagbeile and others overseas. He was revered because his descendants were kingdom builders and they also unified the Yorubas. Oduduwa proved his Ife royal blood by displaying his crown, a book in verses and an obelisk. Zo Giwa mentioned these three items in his article.

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl?md=read;id=2305

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 6:58am On Aug 16, 2018
googi:

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl?md=read;id=2305
Let clearly say something shocking! Odudua was the name of the man who was the founding father of the nation of his part of the larger Yoruba Nation. Ooni as title existed also in ancient Nile part of Egypt as ‘Onias' around 400BCE. Funny enough,the role they play are similar because they serve as spiritual leader and King. In as much that very few Yoruba archeologists, historians have done any comparative studies of Yoruba nation with Middle East, fact will elude the Yoruba nation of the shrewd part that has been unaccounted . Yoruba enclaves have been studied extensively by foreigners and less by Nigerians and have even been given etymology as JOROBAM , by Professor Dierk lange. Despite this, many Yoruba history have failed to consider the study of these things. And the great achievement on this Yoruba culture has been unparalleled in sub sahara Africa.

I have read the link but are you convinced of migration of Yoruba to the present day Nigeria?
Secondly, have you been to Oke Idanre to see the boat termed,‘ Oko Nua/Niwa/Noah?'

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 7:34am On Aug 16, 2018
Moorish:

Thanks for the enlightenment

I been known that yorubas, and San khoisan and massai are the only blacks with the Neanderthal DNA

I read about this before

Maybe that's why I have a huge Jewish looking hooked nose

Quite funny , ‘Maybe that's why I have a huge Jewish looking hooked nose'. grin
Kindly find time to look up ancient Hebrew alphabets - words and English translation. You Will be shocked.
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2018
Olu317:
Quite funny , ‘Maybe that's why I have a huge Jewish looking hooked nose'. grin
Kindly find time to look up ancient Hebrew alphabets - words and English translation. You Will be shocked.
Ok.. here it is ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olubadan, Ooni, Sultan, Emir Sanusi Present As Dangote Bags Doctorate Award / Learning Igbo Language / Children Celebrate Cultural Day In Gombe (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.