Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) (23474 Views)

Jamb Releases Final Batch Of Results / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / Two Nairalanders Sign Out Of UNIOSUN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Tareq1105: 7:34am On Aug 11, 2018
tommykiwi:
If governance is like this, who will be complaining.

Congratulations to Aregbesola, osun state, the students, and their parents.

Good governance indeed
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by NdiaraIGBO: 7:35am On Aug 11, 2018
apinexcee:
ok..

see as Aregbesola don use hand touch touch dat woman brezz finish..

later Afonjas go say na Alfa him b.
Alfa ko, Omega ni

Sick sick mind. There is more to life than that. Take care, don't end up in one room with 7 children and 2 wives.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:37am On Aug 11, 2018
tiwiex:

Half a billion to sponsor 92 medical doctors that would soon start working their way to Canada? This was misplaced priority indeed. At least thank God they came back home.

So it was a waste of money, right?

Dude! Let them all head to Canada!

At least they will send dollars to their people at home.

That's gotta count for something.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by NdiaraIGBO: 7:39am On Aug 11, 2018
Tokziby:
It's one thing to send them abroad for education it's another thing to provide an enabling environment for them to practice. You can't expect them to be working with outdated equipment or less equipped hospital with no constant electricity.
If they like they can travel abroad to practice in conducive and rewarding environment. Not this sh*thole that they will be using torchlight to perform operation.

How much have you paid in tax to the government since you were born? Be honest.

I pay 40% of every penny I make in tax in the country I live in. This is how the government of these advanced countries gather the funds to develop their country.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by NdiaraIGBO: 7:39am On Aug 11, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

So it was a waste of money, right?

Dude! Let them all head to Canada!

At least they will send dollars to their people at home.

That's gotta count for something.

True. ....though not the best ....but true.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Laredojohn(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2018
Osun state university who couldn't continue their education due to some lapses in the school.
obviously they had issues with accreditation, yet a part of the students were sent abroad, those not sent definitely are suffering for it, the Government should work more on getting things alright at home, not against scholarships or study abroad programs, but their reason for sending them should also be addressed for those home to study
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Meel: 7:49am On Aug 11, 2018
...life is not fair,

We have students from LAUTECH, that have been studying medicine I. the school for the past 11 years and are yet to graduate. Giving scholarship to a group of people is not cool, the half a billion naira will go a long way, in saving some situations on ground in institutions like osun poly, Coed e.t.c

Anyway sha I wish the graduants well in life,
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Myself2(m): 7:51am On Aug 11, 2018
UniOsun,,,,, AdeOsun

Hmmmm the only thing they share in common is,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by lastmessenger: 8:01am On Aug 11, 2018
Half a billion for 92 medical students. That's actually cheap when compared to medical education in other European countries.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by fkj950ax(m): 8:09am On Aug 11, 2018
90% of them are already checking out Canada Immigration options.
Only 10% will remain in the health care sector in Nigeria. And maybe Osun State will retain only 2%...

Until the entire nation adopts a 360 Development Strategy, all these initiatives, though very good, won't have any long lasting impact.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by phranq30(m): 8:13am On Aug 11, 2018
doctore212:
I want a sex doll today. It's urgent
Do you need directions to where common sense is sold?
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Eleeesi(m): 8:18am On Aug 11, 2018
Nice one by Governor Aregbesola. I hope all these Doctors that have enjoyed and benefited from public tax money for scholarship stays in the country and give back to the Society and value lifes of the Citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by yazach: 8:22am On Aug 11, 2018
tiwiex:

Half a billion to sponsor 92 medical doctors that would soon start working their way to Canada? This was misplaced priority indeed. At least thank God they came back home.

Guy you are outside the fence ok!!!

Take dirty slap from Nigeria Army for spewing what you know nothing about

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by yazach: 8:28am On Aug 11, 2018
Tokziby:
It's one thing to send them abroad for education it's another thing to provide an enabling environment for them to practice. You can't expect them to be working with outdated equipment or less equipped hospital with no constant electricity.
If they like they can travel abroad to practice in conducive and rewarding environment. Not this sh*thole that they will be using torchlight to perform operation.

Sponsoring them with people's money and you want them to be useful for another man

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by vikstandon(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2018
There is accountability in this... 5.4 Million for tuition, upkeep and accommodation for oversea learning.
Is a step in the right direction...Human Capital Development for our Medics.
Next we expect is Infrastructural Dev. in the health sector and a good health scheme for the populace and also a better welfare package for our Medics.

Our money comes back to us when we spend it in our country, more especially on our countrymen (Be it stolen or legally acquired)... It takes a capital cash to do a capital project...this type, banks won't afford you with a good heart...this type no one would give you freely.
You stole state funds isn't my problem, but you spent it only on yourself and family to intimidate others and make a distinction of family class is what I don't like.
If all stolen funds taken outside were invested in Nigeria and Companies or Establishment, Institution (Church not exempted) operated not as an individual business even when founded by an individual but held in Trust for its Citizens whose coin contributed to the growth of whatever you call ur own business. Nigeria should by now be chatting ways to surpass being 'Greatest'.
Corruption as per stolen funds isn't our problem...That is why our leaders keep wasting two administrative tenures shouting corruption while they themselves ain't sacred.
Our problem is accounting for stolen funds...If Abacha never took our money outside to develop other nations, if Babangida didn't do same, if Obasanjo never did same, if Buhari had not or would not do same...If I would not do same, my country Nigeria would be great again!!!

If every person called to lead, does as little as this...we would be a step closer to Canaan.

God bless you Aregbesola...If you do well, we applaud and posterity remembers you for what you've done and Karma shields you from wandering destructive effects of Karma.

1 Like

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by zaltman(m): 9:10am On Aug 11, 2018
apinexcee:
ok..

Alfa ko, Omega ni

Oga, na agbada the guy wear, and usually agbada is always bigger than the wearer, so na the cloth dey touch the woman breast no be him hand
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by johnjay4u2u(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2018
fruqy:
This is good news. It's a good thing if Government can give room for more of the same Scholarships. Now with the experience they've gained, they can help make the Nation greater.

Kudos to Osun State Government.

Lol
Thats because you haven't met Docs trained in Ukraine.
They don't know much.
We end up retraining them in Nigeria.
Just ask around abeg.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:54am On Aug 11, 2018
apinexcee:
ok..

Alfa ko, Omega ni

Lolz...dirty minded fellow
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:58am On Aug 11, 2018
tiwiex:

This is how ret**ded fellows start.
U pple can never b satisfied

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:00am On Aug 11, 2018
doctore212:

U need d below.

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Owaincouncil: 10:09am On Aug 11, 2018
tiwiex:

The NUC denied the school accreditation base on many things. Some of the student were already in final year, so what do you think their faith would be
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by olajizz01(m): 10:15am On Aug 11, 2018
osazsky:
is DAT not a bomb vest,the Muslim lady
Ipob will always be an Ipob with warp brain.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Meel: 10:24am On Aug 11, 2018
Owaincouncil:

The NUC denied the school accreditation base on many things. Some of the student were already in final year, so what do you think their faith would be

Final year

The highest level they can ever be is 300level, you can't promote without writing professional exam.

2 Likes

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Meel: 10:26am On Aug 11, 2018
Owaincouncil:

Final year

The highest level they can ever be is 300level, you can't promote without writing professional exam.

medicine is not like other courses that you will keep promoting without accreditation, you would have known that your school is not accredited because the council will not come for your professional exam. No indexing nothing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Tokziby: 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

How much have you paid in tax to the government since you were born? Be honest.

I pay 40% of every penny I make in tax in the country I live in. This is how the government of these advanced countries gather the funds to develop their country.

Where do u pay 40% in tax I'm pretty sure not in Nigeria cos we don't even have an organised tax system. The only people that them are civil servant and big coperate bodies and it's not 40%. Even when they collect tax, 90% goes into their pocket. Since we are not ready to develop, u should not expect those that were trained in a first class environment to survive this archaic and dilapidated hospitals. If those guys were to apply for PR in Canada, na sharply them go take them. If they were ur sibling, would u rather allow them to continue practicing in this country or they leave for a greener pasture when the opportunity arise? Be honest
FYI - I have paid it before, hence don't judge who u haven't seen.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by thedondada(m): 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
JuanDeDios:

Governance should NOT be like this. Mr Aregbeshola was elected to put Osun State University in proper shape, not to sponsor its students to Ukraine for undergraduate studies. The students might be lucky since you Nigerians think going "abroad" is the ultimate achievement but it is taxpayers, Osun State University and future generations that have been short-changed here.

Well said.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Tokziby: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2018
yazach:

Sponsoring them with people's money and you want them to be useful for another man

Whose money are we talking about here, ur money or Nigeria's money? Are they not entitled to be sponsored by the government? Useful for another man or himself? How much do they pay doctors here compared to abroad? Abeg let's face reality.
Are u aware that it's u and I right to be sponsored by the government if we are qualified. The Nigerian educational board sponsors students every year with all expense paid but we never get to hear it cos they either sell the slot or allot it to their children and political members. Majority of these politicians children are being sponsored by the same Nigerias money but u'll never know and their kids never come home.
If u were in the same shoe and have the opportunity to work outside the country will u stay or leave.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by Bussy23(m): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
I was opportuned to witness his speech yesterday, and the man did try, to have spent 568million naira on uniosun Medical students, not all governors can impact lives like he did ( talking about education and alot more so far I give him kudos)
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by AremoOG(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
doctore212:
u go see for alaba market
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by NdiaraIGBO: 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
Tokziby:

Where do u pay 40% in tax I'm pretty sure not in Nigeria cos we don't even have an organised tax system. The only people that them are civil servant and big coperate bodies and it's not 40%. Even when they collect tax, 90% goes into their pocket. Since we are not ready to develop, u should not expect those that were trained in a first class environment to survive this archaic and dilapidated hospitals. If those guys were to apply for PR in Canada, na sharply them go take them. If they were ur sibling, would u rather allow them to continue practicing in this country or they leave for a greener pasture when the opportunity arise? Be honest
FYI - I have paid it before, hence don't judge who u haven't seen.

Oga, they and their families should reimburse the State of Osun the full cost of their sponsorship should they now wish to practice in another country. Is that fair? Check Sweden.
Re: Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) by santricedupas(m): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2018
abeg make state government collect their certificate and transcripts and put it in archives, now dem go dey run go usa, Canada, Australia to go work. but aregbesola must employ all of them or send them go katsina and sokoto hospitals where there is shortage of doctors.

usa and Canada will not want to train anybody from grassroot but will quickly offer them good money once they are already trained.
go us embassy and see how they deny students going for masters and phd visa,even though they earned a tuition waver, assistantship, grants etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Same Yoruba Words But Different Meanings / Info Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro 2010/2011 Admission? / Oluwatofunmi Oteju Shines At Augsburg University In America. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.