Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,262 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) (470 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? / Man Buys His Daughter N35m BMW, A Job, An Apartment For Graduating At 23(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) by StarOnEarth(m): 1:29am On Aug 11, 2018
I had always picture 23 to be a year where I had almost achieve all of my dreams, be in the place I wanted to be an impact on so many lives already. I had a lot of escapade running through my thought while growing up, living in my head would have been the best adventure a person go through, If it was to be by my thought I would have gotten a lot of millions in my account which would have given me the opportunity to build a beautiful house for my parent, having an investment company that would allow me to invest in technology built by young graduate and undergraduate, I had thought I would go on a boat every weekend with my girlfriend so we can take a lot of pictures and get our ex's jealous and at the same time envy us, the part I painted for my siblings were awesome, promising myself that they would get what they wanted, all this I had thought but told myself I was not going to do something illegal to get them. In reality, I'll try to compare my present self to the picture I had painted and I would be so down, little did I know that I was a working process. Today as I write this I wish I could spank myself for the days have been so down about my level, for the days I had look at other people lives and compare with mine, for the days I had cried silently instead of praying, for the days I had picture too much and work so little and for the days I complain instead of being grateful because every single step I had taken either by choice, mistake or by accident has brought me closer to that height I had wish for, so am grateful for all the aspect of my life that I would be discussing on at 23.

MY FAMILY
If I had not achieved anything in life and I feel there is nothing to be grateful for, having a family like mine would give a lot of reason for me to be grateful, the kind of family I have is that kind that every other family wish to be like, we are so happy in little and so grateful in plenty. The love I get from them is so much that sometimes am scared to tell them that I have a headache, even when am down and so low they lift me up with words, food and care. If it was to be on relationship matters I would have been part of the people that say loves does not exist but when I look at the care my mother shows towards me, it is extraordinary, and am sure that is what love is called, so today am grateful I have a family like them.

EDUCATION AND CAREER
I paid so much attention to this aspect of my life because I knew everything I wanted was the product of this part of my life and if I had said I cried silently at any point of my life it was definitely based on my education or my career. Even most of the time I felt there is no point to be grateful for it.
Starting from when I wanted to write my first JAMB and WAEC, I wanted to be a petrochemical engineer because I know they got paid heavily, I was not even a good chemistry student, but I was bent on studying that course, the day I was going to write the JAMB I got there at 5am, all thanks to my mum but was still the only one in the center that couldn't write the paper because my thumbprint wouldn't work, from that day every exam I wrote was a failure. I had to settle for a polytechnic that would accommodate my failed paper and studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering for 2year which I then move to a private university that made me choose Architecture instead of the latter, no petrochemical, no Engineering, no more dream so I thought.
Now am done with the degree and I feel so accomplished, petrochemical would have been a terrible idea for me, I have a start-up that would hit big in the Architectural world, which I would not have thought of if I was not even in that line and I have met so many friends and influential people which now assure me that all I have written at the being of this Article would be accomplished, in this same process, I had developed a writing skill that allows me to make money from website a content developer and also an architect and now I am grateful.

FINANCES
I don't really have problem with my finances even though am making sure this level of my life is been upgraded, even though a lot of girls might have shut me out because of it, but most times I cut my coat according to my size which brings less problem to my life, "I no dey do pass myself”, in this circumstance am still grateful because I give more than I receive.

RELATIONSHIP
This has not been one of the brightest parts of my life but at least it has brought a level of happiness and serenity even though most have been temporary. Getting into a relationship is not that difficult for me but keeping it is the problem and the times I decided to keep it, keeping me becomes a problem for them, but this process had made me have a lot of beautiful and respectable ladies has friends which would always remain in my heart. For all the times we had made each other happy, counsel each other, visit places and told each other how much we mean to each other, am grateful.

FRIENDS
I know a lot of people but I have not been a fan of many friends but am grateful for the friends that I have, for the ideas we have shared, for the business we have started and for craziness we had gotten involved with. I have co-founder 2 start-ups with friends and am grateful I met them.

PERSONALITY
Most times I feel like I have a dual personality, because to some people am the craziest person they have met and others am the coolest person they have met. But deep down within me, I like how I am been seen. Though am not the party type who drinks, smoke or club, when you are searching for fun you see that within my blossom. I love it when people walk up to me to share ideas, get me to involve in a business or seeking advice from me, to me it shows that they see me as a reasonable person so am grateful for it.

Happy Birthday to me.

http://mayorwritings..com/2018/08/life-at-23.html

4 Likes

Re: LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) by frbona: 1:57am On Aug 11, 2018
Happy bdae sir

1 Like

Re: LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 11, 2018
Happy birthday. Stay focused.

1 Like

Re: LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) by meobizy(f): 4:21am On Aug 11, 2018
No wonder. When I saw the long write up I guessed accurately you were a writer.

1 Like

Re: LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) by sisisioge: 6:47am On Aug 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Peepeepeehurrray!

Happy birthday...may God bless your years.

1 Like

Re: LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) by StarOnEarth(m): 9:05am On Aug 11, 2018
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

Peepeepeehurrray!

Happy birthday...may God bless your years.
[quo
RadicallyBlunt:
Happy birthday. Stay focused.
te author=frbona post=70173665]Happy bdae sir[/quote]

Thanks guys
Re: LIFE AT 23 (happy Birthday To Me) by StarOnEarth(m): 9:07am On Aug 11, 2018
meobizy:
No wonder. When I saw the long write up I guessed accurately you were a writer.
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Mother And Father, Who Bears The Most Burden. / See What A Mind Billionaire Has To Say About His Late Dad After 9 Years / People Share Secret On How They Got Rid Of Their Stretch Marks And Scars (read T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.