Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (66921 Views)

My Wife Lied To Me / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex / Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by jeronimo(m): 5:57am On Aug 12, 2018
DonTim1:
My advice will be tough.
Euthanasia and divorce!
You deserve to be happy!
Actually seeing this word for the first time. Had to Google it
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by generalstingz(m): 5:58am On Aug 12, 2018
You have to live your life the way you want and forget about people bullying you
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by jeronimo(m): 5:59am On Aug 12, 2018
aonag:
Is it only in Africa or nigeria this AS SS thing happens? I have not seen oyibo person suffering from this... can someone help out please?

It's unique to the black race alone
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by capitalzero: 6:13am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:
Greetings to my people of nairalanders, I met my wife around 2015 and we dated for almost a year and attended all the necessary church and family teachings.

She told me she was a single mother, and all the men that dated her before I came to her left her because of that,I promise I won't leave her for having a baby outside wedlock.

The relationship keep on growing and I told her about my AS genotype and I made it clear to her that nothing will make me marry AS lady because of sickle cell children palavar. she told me that she is genotype AA. We continue our relationship did introduction and fixed our wedding date, now a month and two weeks to our wedding we went for mandatory test in our church clinic behold she failed the genotype test it was AS, right there I told her I no dey do again, she rejected the result and claimed vehemently that she is AA. second day we did confirmatory test it was still the same thing.

Her parents called me and told me both of them were AA and there is no way their daughter can be AS gene. they later brought some previous test (fake) of her AA stuff. I was bullied by every one around to go ahead since it was just few weeks to the wedding that it was manipulations, though my spirit was not willing again but I was compelled by all to go ahead that the thing has change back to AA she also said so that it has changed back to original AA. We go ahead and marry sha. She took in immediately after nine month she gave birth to a baby boy which I named Ikechukwu though we are both Yoruba's but I love Igbo people so much because I grew up with many of them. After some months after birth, Ikechukwu begin some strange sickness we begin to take the boy in and outside hospitals, spending the little income I was getting I decided to do Genotype test for d boy my wife resist it but I went ahead behold it was SS(sickle cell)

immediately I show her the result she went on her knees begging me, I called her father and informed him about it he invites me to his place and he too was begging me that he was also AS and not AA as he claimed before; now every is begging me again that I should not break my marriage that is based on deception, I have done everything that will make her leave my house except violent she refused to go. Every one is bullying me and begging me again, now non of them have supported me in any way for the boy expensive treatment.

IK is now a year old, am not willing to have another child with her again, please my people what should I do , and what's the best way to make her leave my house for at leat 2 to 3 years? please advice your brother and son, thanks and sorry for the long epistle God bless you all.

you are not ripe for marriage. your immaturity is legendary. only reason for divorce is fornication if you are a Christian.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by seangy4konji: 6:14am On Aug 12, 2018
You have to be very careful in Nigeria...

You wikk see slay mama that have HIV be telling you baby give it to me raw. As a maga and the ogogoro weh u Don drink and d seapernt mouth you self go dive in. You go see woman weh know say she get syphilis deh give you three rounds no condom, come ddeh avoid you when u den wire laboratory all your saving as disease don batter your life.

You better wake up and never trust a woman.. Love den kill faster pass nerve gas ooo

Know when to say.i am not doing again.

My mama will always say never enter a relationship, be it with friends, office, woman that you will have no power to say I am not doinNagain and stick to your words..

Just like marrying a hoe ass housewife.. That's the worst mistake a hustler can make. Marrying the wrong woman..

Your life WllI deteriorate with time.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by richcode: 6:15am On Aug 12, 2018
You caused it all since d results there you should v quit immediately na ur cross now carry it n skid off the marriage
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by GREENLIGHTLAW(m): 6:15am On Aug 12, 2018
Bros you need to visit experts on genotype issues for the sake of your son. You May consider adoptions for more children.
I'm AS and my husband is also AS. We didn't know until we went far into the relationship. When we realized we were both AS, we decided to continue. By the grace of God, we have 2 children(boy and girl) AA and AS.
At least we made informed decision and God come do Christmas for us���
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Teeboi56: 6:25am On Aug 12, 2018
To my small brain advise
Write a divorce letter to her then go to court
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by DonroxyII: 6:30am On Aug 12, 2018
ogasomgwu:
How this ur response take be advise he seeks
The story seems untrue .... Anyway !!
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by kay29000(m): 6:35am On Aug 12, 2018
PefHouse:
Why are many people ignorant about this issue, you had the opportunity even after u married, your lack of research is mind boggling.

I will still advice any AS-AS couple to go ahead with marriage if it will make them happy, just know your options. I know several couples who are both AS and have many children, one couple even has 5 kids, free of SS and they are happier than any AA couple I couple I know. Go ahead with your wife and check the genotype of your child before birth

Here are ur missed opportunities

- You married without a plan even after u knew both of u were AS. I laughed at the part that she failed the test, did u pass the test?
- After marriage you decided to conceived without exploring other conception options like genetic selection and IVF
- You conceived without doing a check on the genotype of the fetus at 10-12 weeks CVS
- You refused to check again at 12-15 weeks ameosynthesis
- You are making another mistake by destroying your home and still not researching how u can avoid the problem next time.

Go and get professional medical advice, speak to a genetist, its not all problems u bring to nairaland, more than half here are ignorant, but will still advice u anyway.

Mend your marriage and do your research, anyone still giving birth to SS children in 2018 shd be prosecuted, you either know your options, come to terms with them and plan. OR u avoid the marriage.

Best comment so far... very informative.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by TruthisOut: 6:37am On Aug 12, 2018
Yoruba people can lie! Sorry bro.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by nereiskc(m): 6:46am On Aug 12, 2018
Pls my brothers and sisters, NEVER NEVER do your pre-martial test at separate diagnostic labs and on the account of trust. If you a serious minded person , kindly do a follow up, u can take d pain and go for confirmation in another center.
As a medical practitioner, I have seen many issues , most people, both men & women are ready to pay handsomely, to get their Genotype or Hiv result twisted, especially females. Just to get married then suffer the consequences.
If allow LOVE not only to blind you eyes but your brain. Then when d wahala start, d realities with make u Nostradamus that u will even see tomorrow, despite your blindness. grin grin grin
Just my little advise to young prospective couples
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Inayachem: 6:49am On Aug 12, 2018
Princebizzie:
I have a solution for you. drop your mail and I will describe how to contact the person. he is a retired Principal at Erin Ile Kwara State and he has assisted 3 people I have directed to him in the last 5 years.

emmainaya88@gmail.com
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by zeus9634: 6:49am On Aug 12, 2018
This is sad brother, sit her down have a talk with her. We have 3 things invovled here. 1. You not making babies with her anymore 2. She got to let you make your babies with another woman 3. You guys adopt a healthy baby...
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by InvertedHammer: 6:54am On Aug 12, 2018
/
I would have suggested an XD-40 but this doesn't call for it.

/
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by nurey(m): 6:59am On Aug 12, 2018
kneehighbootz:

Please OP, don't listen to this poster. Why would someone deliberately give himself stress?

Did you read the part of his story where he said his son is now very sick and nobody has supported him in paying the little boy's medical bills?

Illiterate like you!!

Thank you for the insult, I really appreciate it.

this is the 21st century SS genotype is not a death sentence or reason to panic up and down. Take a book and read or reseach on the Internet ignorance is a disease.

good day
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 12, 2018
Oghenekohwo1402:
please what are the lies?? angry undecided
there are stories I believe. Not these ones

Especially two Yoruba couples giving their child igbo name. Are they mad

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 12, 2018
zeus9634:
This is sad brother, sit her down have a talk with her. We have 3 things invovled here. 1. You not making babies with her anymore 2. She got to let you make your babies with another woman 3. You guys adopt a healthy baby...

Number 2 is the perfect punishment
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by thunderbabs: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2018
Your wife and her family do you yahoo tin... And u fell for the scam... MAGA

Jus use efcc carry dem, simple undecided
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by CDCEO001: 7:10am On Aug 12, 2018
I don't believe this story is true, especially when the parents also lied about their genotype.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Obason22(m): 7:19am On Aug 12, 2018
Well both parent and daughter deceived u, and do to ur Godly mind u didn't want to leave her, the only person I consider to be MAN is the one who make decision and stick to it.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by MisterGrace: 7:20am On Aug 12, 2018
Op! Don't mind all those cowards asking you not to divorce. Just divorce her already.

Only God knows the next thing they will hit you with.
They know you are soft hearted and they are manipulating.

Be free of them.

They are dangerous.

Don't say I didn't tell you.

You can take care if your son from anywhere.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Rahym001(m): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2018
GoldCircle:
This marriage is a fraud. Pure and simple. Anything built on falsehood will surely crumble (just like APC). My guy, you’ve got enough grounds to divorce her. Who knows, perhaps there may even be more things they are hiding from you.

Who knows whether it was even incest that led to the 1st child outside wedlock? My guy, no gamble with your future children lives o! Stone wey person see, no dry blind am.

Mr Man, and you want him to send the woman packing, what about the Child, Divorce is not the way to go.

My Brother, with God All things are possible, only if you believe.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Groovenaija360(m): 7:27am On Aug 12, 2018

She and her family lied to you.

Way forward: Divorce her straight and plan how to take care of your son.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 12, 2018
PrincessB1:
Too bad sad

You should have cancelled the wedding plan immediately after the lab results was given to you.

Thats d simple truth. God gave you your chance. Exposed her for you. You decided to follow satan’s advice. So go back to God for forgiveness and advice. Not On Nairaland. Cos u don enter am already.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by hoha4life(m): 7:33am On Aug 12, 2018
Wow, very deep mess, a lifelong one.

Divorce her based on deceit and deceptive coercion.

It's tough but that's the only option here , your life and happiness has been mortgaged for sorrow, tears, agony, stress and financial drainage.

May God help streghten and console you.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Xano(m): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:
Greetings to my people of nairalanders, I met my wife around 2015 and we dated for almost a year and attended all the necessary church and family teachings.

She told me she was a single mother, and all the men that dated her before I came to her left her because of that,I promise I won't leave her for having a baby outside wedlock.

The relationship keep on growing and I told her about my AS genotype and I made it clear to her that nothing will make me marry AS lady because of sickle cell children palavar. she told me that she is genotype AA. We continue our relationship did introduction and fixed our wedding date, now a month and two weeks to our wedding we went for mandatory test in our church clinic behold she failed the genotype test it was AS, right there I told her I no dey do again, she rejected the result and claimed vehemently that she is AA. second day we did confirmatory test it was still the same thing.

Her parents called me and told me both of them were AA and there is no way their daughter can be AS gene. they later brought some previous test (fake) of her AA stuff. I was bullied by every one around to go ahead since it was just few weeks to the wedding that it was manipulations, though my spirit was not willing again but I was compelled by all to go ahead that the thing has change back to AA she also said so that it has changed back to original AA. We go ahead and marry sha. She took in immediately after nine month she gave birth to a baby boy which I named Ikechukwu though we are both Yoruba's but I love Igbo people so much because I grew up with many of them. After some months after birth, Ikechukwu begin some strange sickness we begin to take the boy in and outside hospitals, spending the little income I was getting I decided to do Genotype test for d boy my wife resist it but I went ahead behold it was SS(sickle cell)

immediately I show her the result she went on her knees begging me, I called her father and informed him about it he invites me to his place and he too was begging me that he was also AS and not AA as he claimed before; now every is begging me again that I should not break my marriage that is based on deception, I have done everything that will make her leave my house except violent she refused to go. Every one is bullying me and begging me again, now non of them have supported me in any way for the boy expensive treatment.

IK is now a year old, am not willing to have another child with her again, please my people what should I do , and what's the best way to make her leave my house for at leat 2 to 3 years? please advice your brother and son, thanks and sorry for the long epistle God bless you all.

Hmmm...there should never be sentiment to marry anyone. None.

Marriage should be till God calls you(deep sleep).

Op, on your knees, pray without ceasing, make your request known to God. He always answers our prayers.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by medra(m): 7:40am On Aug 12, 2018
Please take the boy to scoan is only God that can turn around his situation...yours too could change to AA it all depends on your faith . good morning and happy sunday from nairobi city.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by maasoap(m): 7:43am On Aug 12, 2018
iupac120:
This is a serious issue. Op, you're now a married man and sending your wife away will not be the solution. The mistake you made initially was threatening for AS and your wife decided to play along which is deception on her part. My genotype is AS but before I develop feeling for any lady the first thing to ask is your genotype before I would disclose mine .
secondly, you didn't stand you ground after the mandatory test which would have averted this episode from playing and giving the poor child pains and resource drain on your family.
However, sit your wife down and discuss with her. She will always be part of you and as a Christian, divorce is not seeked lightly.

I disagree in this case except you want more SS children for this poor soul.

The next approach to take is to seek for medical counselling from professionals in genotype and get first-hand information on the way forward for the marriage.

I can't a way forward other than more potential burden on the way

Finally, as a man always stand on your opinions once they don't contradict God's commandments.

By God's commandments, you're referring to divorce, many wives and husbands have been killed by their partners because of this belief. If going separate way is the best way to solve a problem and those that are on the waiting list, so be it before the situation turns ugly.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by elipheleh(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:

Do not divorce your wife. God hates divorce no matter what any mortal man tells you (be it new generation pastor or not).
Jesus said the only valid reason for divorce is in case of fornication . Lies is not fornication. Your wife lied and so what?
Luckily, AS-AS is not death sentence anymore with modern science. It is now possible to know the genotype of an unborn fetus/baby. So when your wife is pregnant, you guys can go to hospital and know so if you should keep the fetus or not.
That way you won't have SS again.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by adetes: 7:44am On Aug 12, 2018
This is mistake of the highest order, u did test ur self, and know result, y did u go ahead hmmm if u didn't do something u may end up spend ur income nursing AS child, is better u think twice, marriage is not by force
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 12, 2018
Forget the pressure . Most won’t measure up to the stress you going through.
I see two options here. Have her get a contraceptive ‘iud’ or anyone of sort. Have sexual intercourse but no kids and take care of only ik. Or Divorce that babe already and move on. It will serve as a deterrent to other ladies out there who are bent on starting a family on a faulty premises “that things will automatically get better “ or “God will take control “ after they have lied �.
Your choice though ....Two options brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? / Man Dumps Police Wife After Hot Sex With Single Mother / Glynn Wolfe: The World's Most Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.