Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (66920 Views)

My Wife Lied To Me / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex / Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by doncollino: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2018
Go to a doc, get advice on d best way going forward. Pls don't bring another SS into this world kids are not suppose to suffer, they are a joy to behold. For ur wife, if she can lie about AS thing out of desperation I guess, she can lie about lot of things. Be careful life is too shot to carry d SS pain
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by kunyeo(m): 9:12am On Aug 12, 2018
I doubt if you will be able to leave the marriage because frankly you are a weakling.That is why you perceived manipulation as begging.You are already married,please bear your cross.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by BabaRamota1980: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2018
OP
You said you are Yoruba. Ok, is your wife Ibo?

I cant understand why this child is named okechuckwu.

I have comments but I await your response first.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by LyfeJennings(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2018
You are mad
Your wife is maddening
Your bastard wife lied to U just to get married to U and U jejely brought an innocent child to come to this world to suffer and U asking what's the next step. I swear to God, Ogun will kill U if U don't take that step now.
Small coins wey dey ur hand ,na sickle cell U go take am nurse. O ga o
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by godfrey01(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2018
hhhh&jjjjjjj
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by jedisco(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2018
otherway:

So sad cos you are just unlucky.It is usually one in four children but it came first.

Not true. It's 1 in 4 chances per child if both parents are AS.
That means each child has a 25% (1 in 4) chance of being SS. So a couple can have four and sll four would be AA or have four and all would be SS. It's all probability.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by BIXYBABE: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2018
Another touching story.......Meanwhile the elders have spoken

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by maasoap(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2018
litaninja:
This, right here is Africa's problem. You believed that genotype had changed from AS to AA. HOW SIR How could it have changed

May be, he forgot to mention how his pastor prayed for her.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by sisisioge: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2018
franchasng:
the Lady deserves a death sentence, we should have a law for this kind of case to punish offenders to serve as deterrent to others in future angry

Haba...e no reach that. Ten years imprisonment will do just fine.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2018
Those that are about to marry, should learn a true/bitter lesson.....
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by maasoap(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2018
otherway:

So sad cos you are just unlucky.It is usually one in four children but it came first.

Lol at one in four children. You're wrong. It is one over four chance that every child they are going to have will be SS. All their children could be SS, and none of them could be SS. Don't be misinformed and don't misinform people.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:
Greetings to my people of nairalanders, I met my wife around 2015 and we dated for almost a year and attended all the necessary church and family teachings.

She told me she was a single mother, and all the men that dated her before I came to her left her because of that,I promise I won't leave her for having a baby outside wedlock.

The relationship keep on growing and I told her about my AS genotype and I made it clear to her that nothing will make me marry AS lady because of sickle cell children palavar. she told me that she is genotype AA. We continue our relationship did introduction and fixed our wedding date, now a month and two weeks to our wedding we went for mandatory test in our church clinic behold she failed the genotype test it was AS, right there I told her I no dey do again, she rejected the result and claimed vehemently that she is AA. second day we did confirmatory test it was still the same thing.

Her parents called me and told me both of them were AA and there is no way their daughter can be AS gene. they later brought some previous test (fake) of her AA stuff. I was bullied by every one around to go ahead since it was just few weeks to the wedding that it was manipulations, though my spirit was not willing again but I was compelled by all to go ahead that the thing has change back to AA she also said so that it has changed back to original AA. We go ahead and marry sha. She took in immediately after nine month she gave birth to a baby boy which I named Ikechukwu though we are both Yoruba's but I love Igbo people so much because I grew up with many of them. After some months after birth, Ikechukwu begin some strange sickness we begin to take the boy in and outside hospitals, spending the little income I was getting I decided to do Genotype test for d boy my wife resist it but I went ahead behold it was SS(sickle cell)

immediately I show her the result she went on her knees begging me, I called her father and informed him about it he invites me to his place and he too was begging me that he was also AS and not AA as he claimed before; now every is begging me again that I should not break my marriage that is based on deception, I have done everything that will make her leave my house except violent she refused to go. Every one is bullying me and begging me again, now non of them have supported me in any way for the boy expensive treatment.

IK is now a year old, am not willing to have another child with her again, please my people what should I do , and what's the best way to make her leave my house for at leat 2 to 3 years? please advice your brother and son, thanks and sorry for the long epistle God bless you all.

Simple, go to court and file for a divorce....... You cannot put your life on hold, due to this very expensive act of deception....

I hope you have very deep financial pockets, because the bills are only going one way....... Higher and more expensive......

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by maasoap(m): 9:41am On Aug 12, 2018
sisisioge:

Thank you o...it is so unbelievable. And the wife is legendary deceptive!

Deception after seeing prof twice

franchasng:
the Lady deserves a death sentence, we should have a law for this kind of case to punish offenders to serve as deterrent to others in future angry

She didn't commit any offence. The husband-to-be saw the results of the tests twice. So, where is deception? The man himself believed in miracle and he's just ashamed now to admit it. Simple.

sisisioge:

Haba...e no reach that. Ten years imprisonment will do just fine.

No judge will sentence her based on this narration.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by aviationguy: 9:43am On Aug 12, 2018
The person who has not experienced such scenario can't give a valid explanatory answer.
I had an experienced 2012 2 weeks to my wedding I got the latest result she is same genotype with mine AS,its a great pain and discomfort I will not marry the woman we both shared true love and we both understand ourselves.

Don't let's me deceived you is better to let go of selfish interest than putting an innocent children in ever lasting agony and pains.

initially I cried bitterly for days but after a while we both accepted the faith that we are not met for each other,after about a year plus March 30th 2015 I got married and I have a girl and a boy wonderful children no pains or problems as I speak.

I appreciate God she finally got married last month July 2018 I guessed the delay could be due to the genotype issues.

My brother am sorry to say you missed the red light warning signs but you allowed people to manipulate you to fall into pains and agony you could have been avoided initially.

You don't have anything to do now than to manage the situation and let's peace reign.

my friend AS genotype who was carried away with love married AS thinking all is well with selfish love will understand when things begin to turn out the way he could never imagine.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2018
AgentGoat:
Do you live in oyinbo land?

lol
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by otherway: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2018
jedisco:

Not true. It's 1 in 4 chances per child if both parents are AS.
That means each child has a 25% (1 in 4) chance of being SS. So a couple can have four and sll four would be AA or have four and all would be SS. It's all probability.

Nah wah o. We are saying exactly the same thing. In same vane 1 in 4 chances could be AS or even AA.

When AS marries AS the following are the possible genotype of their children

AA
AS
AS
SS

The probability of having AA and SS is 0.25 but AS is 0.5.

There are no guarantee that any of your child will be AA or AS, they could all be AA,AS or SS which makes it a dangerous gamble.

maasoap:

Lol at one in four children. You're wrong. It is one over four chance that every child they are going to have will be SS. All their children could be SS, and none of them could be SS. Don't be misinformed and don't misinform people.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2018
victorian:
You've entered already. You can't leave the poor boy on his own.
Mehn I pity you bank accounts, in fact you and your wife bank accounts. Cause of taking care of a sicker is not a ride in the park. It's damned expensive, especially when crisis starts. I lost my elder through sickle cell. He died age 18. I lost my second brother through hole in the heart, he died age 24. Am the only left but with AA genotype. They both died right in front of me. Terrible past moments cry It wasn't easy . I had to spend on my second brother's health, cos our parents were old and gone, after some years back. I lost the battle three years ago. After spending alot in his treatments. Mehn it wasnt easy. I saw pepper!

And my parents spent fire to take care of my late brothers when they were alive.

Sorry op, you can't run away from your son. It's good uv decided not to have more kids with your wife. But please take care of your son. Some sicklers survive while some don't. May God see both of you through amen.
Dear, please i would need your advice based on your experience. If possible sef, get your contact and speak with you on phone please.
The girl i'm currently dating is SS and i'm AA. Her's is a bit tough cos she lost her hearing due to it. Another issue is that, she got pregnant for another man while we were dating and currently have a child for the man. The guy denied it and walked away. We are back in the relationship cos i love her so much. But how do i present this to my family for marriage consideration cos i really don't know what to do. I have the issue of SS status,her hearing and now a baby for another man to deal with. Also, i would need to hear your advice on the foreseeable challenges ahead having experienced some of this yourself please. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 10:05am On Aug 12, 2018
These girls can lie about anything these days
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by otherway: 10:11am On Aug 12, 2018
victorian:
You've entered already. You can't leave the poor boy on his own.
Mehn I pity you bank accounts, in fact you and your wife bank accounts. Cause of taking care of a sicker is not a ride in the park. It's damned expensive, especially when crisis starts. I lost my elder through sickle cell. He died age 18. I lost my second brother through hole in the heart, he died age 24. Am the only left but with AA genotype. They both died right in front of me. Terrible past moments cry It wasn't easy . I had to spend on my second brother's health, cos our parents were old and gone, after some years back. I lost the battle three years ago. After spending alot in his treatments. Mehn it wasnt easy. I saw pepper!

And my parents spent fire to take care of my late brothers when they were alive.

Sorry op, you can't run away from your son. It's good uv decided not to have more kids with your wife. But please take care of your son. Some sicklers survive while some don't. May God see both of you through amen.

It's all because of the bad Medicare in Nigeria cos in the western world,SS children live very long and normal life.

They can even know the genotype of the foetus before it fully develops.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by CaptainFM1: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2018
iupac120:
This is a serious issue. Op, you're now a married man and sending your wife away will not be the solution. The mistake you made initially was threatening for AS and your wife decided to play along which is deception on her part. My genotype is AS but before I develop feeling for any lady the first thing to ask is your genotype before I would disclose mine .
secondly, you didn't stand you ground after the mandatory test which would have averted this episode from playing and giving the poor child pains and resource drain on your family.
However, sit your wife down and discuss with her. She will always be part of you and as a Christian, divorce is not seeked lightly.
The next approach to take is to seek for medical counselling from professionals in genotype and get first-hand information on the way forward for the marriage.
Finally, as a man always stand on your opinions once they don't contradict God's commandments.

If you start a relationship by asking that question, you can bet 9 out of 10 will tell you their genotype is AA. The moment you ask that question, their brain will switch to... Haha... "it seems this guy wants to get serious" Your best solution is to take her to your own medical lab for testing. Believe me, any lady that's ready to follow you is very sure of her Genotype to be AA and also ready to be serious with you.

Once you ask that question, without doubt in their mind they automatically know you are AS, and the only thing you are looking for is AA. So expect virtually all of them to tell you they are AA. Ladies are known to be deceptive since the days of Eve!
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by dotedote: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2018
Sometimes the truth needs being told. It's very easy for 3rd parties to tell you not to leave your wife and son but the question is Who takes further responsibilities? Whose bank account gets drained on the regular ? My father married 2 wives and the 3 of them were ASs. 12 children. 6males & 6 females. 3:3, 3:3. So even. Fortunately for our parents, the wives had one SS each; a male and a female. The Problem: The 2 SS we had were very healthy until their issues started, anytime they had their crisis, the whole family went down and this continued for years. In 1997, at the age of 24, the female died days to her graduation at the School of Nursing Idi-Aba Abeokuta while the male died in my own hands at the ICU General Hospital Ikeja in 2002. Back to the rest of us (the remaining 10), we have 6 AAs and 4 ASs, and nobody dared try rubbish when it was time to pick a spouse. We're all married and the first child is even a grandma now BUT it was everybody's business whenever any of us wanted to get married. We all came in to scrutinize the genotype of the incoming spouse. The trauma is always too much to curtail. Let me state clearly here that my family was/is very lucky to have had just 2 out if 12 as SS. Others weren't/aren't that fortunate.

MY ADVICE: The choice is yours. It's either you get yourself prepared to live the rest of your youthful life in fear of what would happen to your kids wherever they are as a result of their genotype status OR take the decision of letting this woman go on the grounds of genotypic incompatibility to save yourself of regrets and sorrow in future. I'D TAKE THE LATTER.
Just an advice Bro.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by nijabazaar: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2018
extremelygolden:
Unfortunately the deed has been done already and you can't abandon her and your son now. A stitch in time, they say, saves nine, and there's no need crying over split milk.

I think the decision to pause bearing another child with her suffices. I just pray a miracle occurs and Ikechukwu is completely and permanently healed.

Which can never happen....you can't alter someones genetic makeup. At least not in the next three decades
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by ogele: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2018
File for divorce immediately and dont waste time. but to be honest you are A BIG FOOL in the first place. Court will award her custody of the child, while you you will take care for welfare as regards the child. You don get yourself entangle in such at this early stage of your life.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by seasy: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2018
Oh,so sad.
Why will someone lie about genotype?
When you will still go through the pain of having a child with genotype ss.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Zinny25(f): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2018
This marriage is built on deceit and lies. It will never be in peace. Thank God it's not hiv, that's how they would hv been begging.

It will still end in divorce
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Remix10(m): 10:52am On Aug 12, 2018
It is better you end it and take care of ikechukwu, the Catholic Church will gladly annul this marriage with the chief reason that it was built on lies. It is not everybody that has a D that is a man, how can you bow to such life threatening pressure, see the result, I just pity for ikechukwu.

Have you showed her the divorce papers, now your eyes is open, mofo undecided undecided
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 12, 2018
peacettw:
This is a hard one. You went against your good judgment and married the girl. Now you must lie on the bed that you have made. Everything now depends on your innate character. Also know this: Boys who are sickle cell anemic fare better than the females if taken care of properly. You don't really have to spend much, just take him to a pediatric hematologist and register him for continuous care and monitoring, make sure he takes his routine drugs and so on and so forth. Good luck.

like say we get such facilities in naija. even if we do where will a young couple see the finance.

in a country where it will take 133 days to gather money buy 1 IPhone.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by zoogy2007: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2018
You had proof that she is AS and u still listened to parties who had a lot to gain by deceiving you. Did you not have buddies and family to advice you? Why was it only the girls ppl that were advising you? Better stay in that marriage. It's for better for worse.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by victorian(f): 11:11am On Aug 12, 2018
OrangeDream:
Dear, please i would need your advice based on your experience. If possible sef, get your contact and speak with you on phone please.
The girl i'm currently dating is SS and i'm AA. Her's is a bit tough cos she lost her hearing due to it. Another issue is that, she got pregnant for another man while we were dating and currently have a child for the man. The guy denied it and walked away. We are back in the relationship cos i love her so much. But how do i present this to my family for marriage consideration cos i really don't know what to do. I have the issue of SS status,her hearing and now a baby for another man to deal with. Also, i would need to hear your advice on the foreseeable challenges ahead having experienced some of this yourself please. Thanks and God bless you.

First, how old is she?
Secondly does she still have crisis during cold weather or rainy season?
Let's take it from these two questions first.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
OP You said you are Yoruba. Ok, is your wife Ibo?
I cant understand why this child is named okechuckwu.
I have comments but I await your response first.
probably the baby has flat head.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by jimb(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2018
am AA but I dont av money, Any beautiful lady AS and has money and needs a serious marriage relationship should watsapp me on 7036430602.
Am willing to be your AA genealogy.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Floda: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2018
and dis is the same reason I decided not to marry any lady wit either AS or SS... although am AA... I can't come and put posterity/ future offspring under such predicament

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? / Man Dumps Police Wife After Hot Sex With Single Mother / Glynn Wolfe: The World's Most Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.