Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,570 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Signs Of A Toxic Friendship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Signs Of A Toxic Friendship (404 Views)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex / was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? / 2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Signs Of A Toxic Friendship by Uranus1: 1:48am On Aug 12, 2018
These days it is not just about knowing that you ought to choose your friends wisely; you should be able to recognize the good friends from the ones that are not worth your time and emotions.
However, it is not always so easy to sift the wheat from the chaff. Some people are sneaky but no matter how good their acting is, there are signs that will always give them away.

1. They never forgive
With relationships, offence is inevitable but some 'friends' would hold on to every grievance, no matter how little or how much you apologize. A true friend won't risk losing the friendship over trivialities.

2. They only reach out when they need something
Of course, your friends should be free to ask you for help but fake friends latch on to you only when they need something and disappear when everything is fine.

3. They are jealous of you
Oh, you gotta run! It may not be so obvious but watch how your friends behave when you have something great going for you. Also, if you are observant, they will let the true state of their hearts slip.

4. They get angry when you say 'no' to them.
I know of a lady whose friend always asked her for money and whenever the lady said she didn't have any to lend, the friend would be offended. This is a fake friend. By extension what I am saying is that a true friend will be understanding.

5. They don't respect your opinion
A friend who makes you feel like you don't know what you are saying is not someone you should hang with. You two may have differing opinions but there should be mutual respect.
The signs are endless. Anyone who gossips is also one not to be trusted. Overall, remember to trust your instincts about people.

https://www.nigerialog.com/family/signs-of-a-toxic-friendship/new/#new

(1) (Reply)

Mean Mother-in-laws: Can They Ever Change? / With #50k Monthly Payment You Own Your House @flourish Estate / Pls I Need Help Urgently With Accommodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.