Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? (15263 Views)

Should Women Become Pastors / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / Zambian Prophet Removing A Lady's Pant In Church In Front Of Congregation (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Seun4blue(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2018
God created women to assist men which means everything a man does a woman can do it as well once it is done to help or assist!

what I noticed about this issue is that men was given foremost privilege to access the holy books before women and due to this, men made the holy books suit themselves the more
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2018
twerkjack:
Stupid men always trying to enslave women.. angry go with the tide you fools.... change is imminent
Someone that advocates for WEED smoking & sees nothing wrong with weed smoking,should we take the person serious ?.. cheesy cheesy

Now,give me just A REASON I & the whole people viewing these thread should take you serious ......

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by sweetilicious(f): 11:46am On Aug 12, 2018
torkmoney:
The Family and the Church
At the end of Creation week, God not only established the Sabbath (Genesis 2:1–3) but also the family (Genesis 2:18, 21–24). And in the last days, we will see Satan not only attacking those who remain faithful to the Sabbath, but he will also strike at man’s most intimate relationship—the family. In fact, this battle has already begun.

Any victory by the devil in the war against the family is ultimately reflected in the church. The very survival of both society and the church leans heavily upon the family unit. In this unit, seen not only in God’s Word but also His creation, we find a basic truth: Men are fathers, and women are mothers.

As we shall see later, men and women are without question equal as humans, but they are also entirely unique as creatures. They are not only distinct sexually, but almost every other aspect of their natures is different as well. I believe these differences should be apparent, maintained, and even emphasized in everything, from the way we walk and talk to the way we work and dress. Men should never try to be women, and women should never try to be men. Now, I am not a male chauvinist. I wash dishes, change diapers, and make beds. In the 1970s, my mother was a leading voice in the women’s liberation movement (now called the feminist movement) in North America. Very articulate and outspoken, she even wrote an entire album of songs dedicated to women’s rights. And like her, I firmly believe that men and women should get equal pay for equal work.

My mother also left the movement because it turned into something else. She saw feminism becoming more about angry women who wanted to be like men rather than attaining the rightful respect for being a woman. And this is the feminism, albeit more refined, that is pushing its agenda into churches with a frightening degree of success today. Of course, I expect this influence in the world. However, when it seeps into the body of Christ disguised as an “improvement,” it often signals a very serious problem.

This movement in our church is partly the result of some Christians, who have an earnest desire to reach the world with the message of salvation, naively trying to increase their influence by adopting popular social philosophy. In an attempt to reverse the injustice against women throughout the ages, they have allowed the feminist movement to push the church beyond voting rights and equal pay into the arena of unisex thinking.

And by substituting a politically correct but biblically inaccurate social philosophy as their guide, they are inadvertently erasing any biblical distinction between men and women. Often when an organization seeks to correct some wrong policy, it overcorrects. I fear this is the case of the church, which has a valid need to create more avenues for women to use their gifts of ministry. However, this need is being translated by some into a problematic desire for women to be ordained as pastors and elders
The devil is so concerned with destroying families. People should know this.If a family ordained by God is united,definitely they will obey God's word and imbibe it in their offspring. Just imagine the world with a united parents obeying God with their offspring. The devil will definitely loose everything.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2018
[quote author=Seun4blue post=70206361]God created women to assist men which means everything a man does a woman can do it as well once it is done to help or assist!

what I noticed about this issue is that men was given foremost privilege to access the holy books before women and due to this, men made the holy books suit themselves the more [/quote]

Do you have evidence for these ?
..... cheesy
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by twerkjack: 11:52am On Aug 12, 2018
Glycolysis:

Someone that advocates for WEED smoking & sees nothing wrong with weed smoking,should we take the person serious ?.. cheesy cheesy

Now,give me just A REASON I & the whole people viewing these thread should take you serious ......

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:54am On Aug 12, 2018
Glycolysis:

What do you have to say about the female folks in the Muslim religion ?...

Same thing after all Islam is a part of Abrahamic religion and as I earlier stated.
If anyone want to be atheist,agnostic or even indifferent towards religion it should be women and this includes Muslim women.

I wonder how some women read these books without sensing some primitive,chauvinistic and misogynistic undertones.

Anyway it is their lives and businesses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by twerkjack: 11:54am On Aug 12, 2018
[/quote]
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by sweetilicious(f): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2018
dhardline:
Capital NO
1 Corinthians 14:34 KJV
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Everything has an order, God put that order in place. Do not seek

to upsurp that order. We are to worship God in spirit and in truth

not in flesh and our truth. Don use mental knowledge to judge

spiritual matters. God's law is law.
In my quest to know God, 1 Corinthian was the second chapter I read after Romans.I had to ask the preacher why people disobey this verse,he said "that was in those days".I don't know again.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by herich(m): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2018
sureheaven:
The Bible condemned it the Old Testament but since Jesus had come, most of those errors have been corrected.

Woman can stand on the alter and preach in the church so far such woman isn’t menstruating.
*errors*? In the book of the perfect God?
Christians are confused, according to atheists.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by twerkjack: 11:57am On Aug 12, 2018
Glycolysis:

Cos weed has never done anyone wrong!! grin

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by diadem10: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mizwisdom:
What should a woman do with the gift of pastoring or teaching which the Holy Spirit gives to some? Can we stop Him from manifesting His gifts through any vessel He choses, can we stop women from receiving and manifesting the gifts of the Holy Spirit?

Lol. Nothing stopped a woman from preaching. Jesus' last message was 'Go ye to the world and preach the gospel'. Heck! Mary Magadlene was the first to see Jesus and said to the other disciples 'He has risen' which is a gospel itself.

Aquilla and his wife, Priscilla were also regarded as preachers by Paul and even taught Paul lots of things. What more? Deborah was a prophet and a Judge.

I actually feel when Paul instructed the women not to preach and be silent, he was talking to the Gentile women who had little knowledge of the scriptures as there was no bible in that era. More so, only men were allowed to study the jewish scrolls in the synagogue. However, some Jewish women such as Martha, Mary Magadlene, Mary, the mother of Jesus and so-on had first hand experience with the Word himself, Jesus and were all taught by him, hence no one would even dare to tell these aforementioned women not to preach the gospel they had full knowledge of and were all witness to Jesus' death and resurrection compared to the gentile women who were still babies in christ and needed to be fed.

Today, everyone all has access to the scriptures and can study and understand with the help of the Holy Spirit. Hence, nothing stop women from preaching as the Spirit leads.
Cc: alBHAGDADI

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Same thing after all Islam is a part of Abrahamic religion and as I earlier stated.
If anyone want to be atheist,agnostic or even indifferent towards religion it should be women and this includes Muslim women.

I wonder how some women read these books without sensing some primitive,chauvinistic and misogynistic undertones.

OK....
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by dhardline(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
sweetilicious:
In my quest to know God, 1 Corinthian was the second chapter I read after Romans.I had to ask the preacher why people disobey this verse,he said "that was in those days".I don't know again.

Beware of false prophets for the Bible said in the end time MANY false prophets shall arise. God is the same yesterday today and forever.
Flee from such men for the sake of your soul.

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
Maximus85:

You're 100% correct. No woman should pray while a man bow his head. It's disrespect for God's arrangement. The head of every woman is the man, the head of the church is Jesus, the head of Jesus is God Almighty.

Where did it say a man should not bow his head?
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
realmindz:
It's a thing of shame, the greatest book of all time has said it all and proven that women are inferior to men. Feminist should either practice feminism or religion, they can't do both.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

...that did not write the cure for cancer or how to make rockets to Mars. But what do I know.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by brainhgeek(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
bareal:

Kikikiki.... Church and War are now the same.

Its all about leadership
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by orisa37: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
Yes, if they are Born Again. God is Our Instructor, Our Director and Our Discernment!!!
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by sweetilicious(f): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
dhardline:

Beware of false prophets for the Bible said in the end time MANY false prophets shall arise. God is the same yesterday today and forever.
Flee from such men for the sake of your soul.
Seriously false teachings makes revived Christians fail again.Sometimes, they don't know what to believe again.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
ollah2:

Isn't Jesus supposed to be God almighty?

No, he's not. The Bible referred to him as Mighty God. Not Almighty God.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
MarieSucre:

Where did it say a man should not bow his head?

A man cannot bow his head in reverend to a woman. When Mary the mother of Jesus tried to control him in a gathering... Remember how he responded?
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by dhardline(m): 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
sweetilicious:
Seriously false teachings makes revived Christians fail again.Sometimes, they don't know what to believe again.

One thing about a born again is that he understands the need to obey God's word to be able to give it all up, to bear his cross daily,to endure hard testing. He know that nothing in this world must keep him from doing the will of God. The female pastors you see are 1st filled with pride cause they find it too hard to obey just one law that we can visibly see. Now imagine the ones they break that we can't see.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
Maximus85:

A man cannot bow his head in reverend to a woman. When Mary the mother of Jesus tried to control him in a gathering... Remember how he responded?
Please stop misinterpreting the Bible. It does not use those specific words "bow heads in reverence" in that verse. Nowhere does it even imply that it is forbidden to "bow heads in reverence". So where are you getting your own interpretation from?

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by CakeChow: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
[quote author=twerkjack post=70206903][/quote]

It cann't be said that it's bad or good. I smoke a weed because it perfectly helps with sleep and stimulates appetite. There are many ways to smoke so that it does not create discomfort to other people http://www.cannahacker.com/best-ways-smoke-wax-thc-dabs/. For medicinal purposes this is a great thing.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
MarieSucre:

Please stop misinterpreting the Bible. It does not use those specific words "bow heads in reverence" in that verse. Nowhere does it even imply that it is forbidden to "bow heads in reverence". So where are you getting your own interpretation from?

1 Timothy 2:12 you can read it if you want to.
And if you object to was is written in the Bible. I have business with you. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by bros856: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
sureheaven:
The Bible condemned it the Old Testament but since Jesus had come, most of those errors have been corrected.

Woman can stand on the alter and preach in the church so far such woman isn’t menstruating.
Please note that 1corinthians 11:3 and 1corinthian 14:34-35 are all New Testament after Christ has come.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
topgear:
I think this is a good question.
Cuz the bible says women shud submit to their husbands and a woman's place is under the authority of a man.
I wonder if this is also applicable to the church.

It is a fact that no women was ordained as a priest or prophet in the bible but women were involved in evangelism and also ministered to men but they were Neva ordained.

I think biblicaly women are allowed to preach and minister but not lead as a General overseer or head of a congregation.

You are absolutely correct brother...(in terms of the pastoral position in a church).
People, it's not an insult, lesser or degrading role for a woman to not pastor a church. She hasn't been given that specific position.
Women minister in so many different capacities in a church...that's all.
God doesn't make mistakes in the design of His church.

Modified...
A brother scripturally pointed out that Deborah (was a prophetess). So there is an example of a prophetess...
I overlooked that portion of the original post.
No women priests or pastors though.
I appreciate scripture...to help back up our words.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
MarieSucre:

You can read 1 Corinthians 14:35 as well.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by ollah2: 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
Maximus85:

No, he's not. The Bible referred to him as Mighty God. Not Almighty God.

So there is mighty God and Almighty God on heaven but Christians pray to the mighty one and call him Lord

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by olowobaba10: 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
topgear:
I think this is a good question.
Cuz the bible says women shud submit to their husbands and a woman's place is under the authority of a man.
I wonder if this is also applicable to the church.

It is a fact that no women was ordained as a priest or prophet in the bible but women were involved in evangelism and also ministered to men but they were Neva ordained.

I think biblicaly women are allowed to preach and minister but not lead as a General overseer or head of a congregation.

HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF THESE BIBLICAL PROPHETESSES?
1. MIRIAM
The sister of Moses and Aaron, “Miriam the prophetess” (Exodus 15:20) was assigned to watch Moses when he lay as a baby in the bulrushes. The Lord spoke directly to her and Aaron when they took pride in their prophetic gifts, and He cursed Miriam with leprosy (Numbers 12:1-16). She is later named as one of the three who helped lead the children of Israel out of Egypt: “I brought thee up out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of servants; and I sent before thee Moses, Aaron, and Miriam” (Micah 6:4; see Exodus 15:20).

2. DEBORAH
The fourth judge in Israel, Deborah was directed by the Lord to know when to go to battle, helping to free the kingdom from the subjugation of a foreign king. Deborah rightly was able to say, “I arose a mother in Israel” (Judges 5:7; see Judges 4:4).

3. HULDAH
Huldah lived in the time of the righteous king Josiah (640 B.C.). She prophesied that the wicked people of Judah would feel the wrath of God, but that Josiah would be blessed (2 Kings 22:14-20).

4. ISAIAH’S WIFE

Little is known of her other than the fact that Isaiah calls her “the prophetess.” She bore him children that were named by the Lord (Isaiah 8:3).

5. ANNA
Anna was an 84-year-old widow who was present when Jesus was taken to the temple as a baby. Luke wrote that she “departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.” When she saw the baby, she “gave thanks . . . unto the Lord, and spake of him to all that looked for redemption in Jerusalem” (Luke 2:36-38).
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
ollah2:

So there is mighty God and Almighty God on heaven but Christians pray to the mighty one and call him Lord

True Christians don't pray to the Mighty God Jesus, they pray to the Almighty God through Jesus Christ. That is why we say "In Jesus name we pray."

Remember Jesus said "Nobody can get to the father except through me."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.