Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? (15232 Views)

Should Women Become Pastors / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / Zambian Prophet Removing A Lady's Pant In Church In Front Of Congregation (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by ollah2: 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
Maximus85:

True Christians don't pray to the Mighty God Jesus, they pray to the Almighty God through Jesus Christ. That is say In Jesus name we pray.

Remember Jesus said "Nobody can get to the father except through me."

But Jesus is Lord
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
ollah2:

But Jesus is Lord

You're right.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by ollah2: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
Maximus85:

You're right.

So Jesus been Lord is superior To God almighty
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Judicible(m): 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
In the presence of God, there is neither male nor female, there is neither jews nor gentiles
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
ollah2:

So Jesus been Lord is superior To God almighty

Are you asking or you're saying it?

Cos theres no way Lord can be superior to God Almighty.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by kannymoore(m): 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
If anybody should be atheist and discard religion especially Abrahamic religions it should be women.
But na dem religious pass.

Also the Pauline epistles were written by Paul to address different issues raised at that time but people take these words literally and apply it to the present day 21st century which results in conflicting views.

*shakes head*

If that's the case.. why didn't Jesus annoint one woman as a core member of the 12?

Why was it that despite Magdalenes apparent closeness to Jesus, she wasn't even considered as a replacement to Judas's by the apostles themselves after Jesus has gone back to heaven?
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
kannymoore:

If that's the case.. why didn't Jesus annoint one woman as a core member of the 12?

Why was it that despite Magdalenes apparent closeness to Jesus, she wasn't even considered as a replacement to Judas's by the apostles themselves after Jesus has gone back to heaven?

Go and ask him why don't ask me,And get yourself familiar with biblical history.Google is there.

And the Pauline epistles were written to address different issues of the early church at that time and some answers do not fit our modern day reality.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by kingeze88(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
1st Corinthians 14 vs 34 to 36 .says it all. It is a shame for a woman to speak in the church. the bible cannot lie. Don't mind all the anointed business men and women that would want to twist the bible to suit their church business.

LET THE BIBLE SPEAK!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by ollah2: 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Maximus85:

Are you asking or you're saying it?

Cos theres no way Lord can be superior to God Almighty.

So what's the meaning of Lord?
Why are Christians always showering praises to jesus alone?
Why dont Christians make mention or even appreciate God Almighty?
Why are they always thanking jesus alone?
Have you ever heard a Christian call on God Almighty rather than Jesus?
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by anigold(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
topgear:
I think this is a good question.
Cuz the bible says women shud submit to their husbands and a woman's place is under the authority of a man.
I wonder if this is also applicable to the church.

It is a fact that no women was ordained as a priest or prophet in the bible but women were involved in evangelism and also ministered to men but they were Neva ordained.

I think biblicaly women are allowed to preach and minister but not lead as a General overseer or head of a congregation.

perfect answer. Women are not biblically authorized to lead the church or congregation.. that's what's obtained in the Bible. You can follow the philosophies of men at your own detriment..

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Rajosh(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
Glycolysis:

Was Deborah the head of a church in her days ?
she was both the political head and spiritual head of the Israelites in her days.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by NextBuhari: 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

The book itself is confusing with contradictory verses.The topic is hogwash that is why I believe that book should be read in light of the time it was written (my opinion)women were seen as second class citizens at that time and in some part of the world today,anyway no religion or it's holy book can limit me because of gender.The book was written by different men which is why on some similar issues you get different views on the same question.I am not religious I only quoted you to ask that question?
I have embraced logic not religion.
Well, you made a lot of sense. However, when you subscribe to a religion, you MUST adhere strictly to its injunctions. Most times to be religious demands that you shut down your faculty. The same Bible says that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. The fact is that God's standards have not changed. It's rather human beings that are shifting the post by changing their standards and attributing to God. For instance, s particular church in Nigeria prohibited its members from using TV sets. Fast forward to today, they're using the same TV sets to transmit their sermons across the country to their members. So the question is; did they get God's approval to make use of TV sets now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by APOSTLECHUMA: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
JESUS HAD 12 APOSTLES AND THERE WAS NO APOSTLE RITA AMONG THEM. THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY WAS GIVEN UNTO MEN AS EPHESIANS 4:8-11 SAID. THAT WE HAVE WOMEN PASTORS ETC TODAY IS A PART OF THE DEPARTURE FROM THE TRUTH,WHICH BIBLE PROPHECIED ABOUT IN THE ENDTIME. B4 THE FALL, ADAM AND EVE WERE CO-EQUAL BUT AFTER THE FALL WHICH WAS CAUSED BY EVE WHILE SHE WAS HANDLING GOD'S WORD,GOD PLACED HER UNDER THE MAN AS SHE WASNT CREATED WIT THE MAKE UP TO HANDLE GOD'S WORD. IN 1TIM 2:8-11 PAUL GAVE HER PULLING HUMANITY INTO SIN AS ONE OF THE REASONS SHE SHOULDNT SPEAK IN THE CHURCH. IN 1COR 14-34 PAUL SAID AS ALSO SAID THE LAW (O.T) AND IN THE OLD TESTAMENT,THERE WASNT A SINGLE WOMAN HIGH PRIEST AND THAT OFFICE TODAY IS THESAME AS THAT OF A PASTOR. A WOMEN IS FORBIDDEN BY GOD'S WORD TO MOUNT THE SACRED DESK-THE PULPIT, PASTOR NKECHI, AMINA, FUMILAYO IS AN ABOMINATION IN THE SIGHT OF GOD. 070 54 14 24 12.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by ejimatic: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
I Cor 14:34-35 and 1 Timo 2 12 -15 make it clear that women should not take a lead in the congregation. 1Timothy 3: 1 -12 outlines features of men to be appointed in a congregation as Pastors and deacons or elders and ministerial servants......They are all men not women. In the early Christian Congregations no woman was appointed to take a lead as a pastor or deacon. Act 6:1 7. Today all those churches with women as leaders are doing their will. It is against the will of God... That is why Jehovah's witness are different. No woman can be an elder or ministerial servant. They allow Bible to guide their operation

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
True,but I believe things changes as only change is constant.Which is why I have decided not to deceive myself by following religion because I cannot follow or believe all it's injunctions,laws or whatsoever.I am a free bird.

As for the TV maybe those churches are best suited to answer the question.One pastor at some point in time called it the devil's box and some churches do not use some certain musical instrument or even celebrate birthdays maybe God told them not to use that or do such things.

If the bible was read in it's three original languages and not in English and with various translations maybe people would not be able to bring out conflicting interpretations.Anyway that is the headache of the religious people.
NextBuhari:
Well, you made a lot of sense. However, when you subscribe to a religion, you MUST adhere strictly to its injunctions. Most times to be religious demands that you shut down your faculty. The same Bible says that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. The fact is that God's standards have not changed. It's rather human beings that are shifting the post by changing their standards and attributing to God. For instance, s particular church in Nigeria prohibited its members from using TV sets. Fast forward to today, they're using the same TV sets to transmit their sermons across the country to their members. So the question is; did they get God's approval to make use of TV sets now?
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by bareal(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
brainhgeek:

Its all about leadership

The point of the thread is 'Leadership in the church' and not leadership at the war front.....

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Truthchiz: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
The world has moved on. You people should be here asking unnecessary questions. Women lead congregations world over, and will keep leading. Man do not want women to come out of that cover they kept them. Mtchweee. Abeg make una go siddon!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Truthchiz: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
APOSTLECHUMA:
JESUS HAD 12 APOSTLES AND THERE WAS NO APOSTLE RITA AMONG THEM. THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY WAS GIVEN UNTO MEN AS EPHESIANS 4:8-11 SAID. THAT WE HAVE WOMEN PASTORS ETC TODAY IS A PART OF THE DEPARTURE FROM THE TRUTH,WHICH BIBLE PROPHECIED ABOUT IN THE ENDTIME. B4 THE FALL, ADAM AND EVE WERE CO-EQUAL BUT AFTER THE FALL WHICH WAS CAUSED BY EVE WHILE SHE WAS HANDLING GOD'S WORD,GOD PLACED HER UNDER THE MAN AS SHE WASNT CREATED WIT THE MAKE UP TO HANDLE GOD'S WORD. IN 1TIM 2:8-11 PAUL GAVE HER PULLING HUMANITY INTO SIN AS ONE OF THE REASONS SHE SHOULDNT SPEAK IN THE CHURCH. IN 1COR 14-34 PAUL SAID AS ALSO SAID THE LAW (O.T) AND IN THE OLD TESTAMENT,THERE WASNT A SINGLE WOMAN HIGH PRIEST AND THAT OFFICE TODAY IS THESAME AS THAT OF A PASTOR. A WOMEN IS FORBIDDEN BY GOD'S WORD TO MOUNT THE SACRED DESK-THE PULPIT, PASTOR NKECHI, AMINA, FUMILAYO IS AN ABOMINATION IN THE SIGHT OF GOD. 070 54 14 24 12.
what are you dropping you business number for? Women will continually lead congregations you better get used to it or you hang yourself for all we care!!! Ee pain you!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
Truthchiz:
what are you dropping you business number for? Women will continually lead congregations you better get used to it or you hang yourself for all we care!!! Ee pain you!!!!
To obey His word is life,outside it is death,make ur choice.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
I see so many comments quoting 1 Corinthians 14, 34-35 as justification for discriminating against women. People forget that the Bible was written by men, at the time when women were seen as sub humans to men, so of course they wrote the texts according to their time.

Also, I find it very ironic as black men that we are justifying discriminating behavior with bible verses when the white slave masters in Southern USA did the same. At the time when the Bible was written slavery was not frowned upon, so there are many verses in the Bible that dictates the role of a slave to its master. The Christian slave owners used those same verses to defend slavery and fight against abolition.

There are also many dos and don’ts in the Bible that are not applicable today.

So, we have to apply Christian values to what is applicable today. There has been some very gifted female ministers that the world would have missed out on if they were not given the opportunity to use their gift.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
Scripture teaching is pretty clear on it. And even though I am female dont think its fair, it is the truth regardless. Feministic teachings from the second wave and on have underhandely confused alot of us on what our roles are. Myself confused, I am reading a book on this now.-Reedeming the Feminine Role by Julie Roys. Yes men and womem are different
They both have great value to God but their roles are different in function.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
Rajosh:
she was both the political head and spiritual head of the Israelites in her days.
Let me have the Bible verses for the above....if you don't mind.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
Backfornow:
Scripture teaching is pretty clear on it. And even though I am female dont think its fair, it is the truth regardless. Feministic teachings from the second wave and on have underhandely confused alot of us on what our roles are. Myself confused, I am reading a book on this now.-Reedeming the Feminine Role by Julie Roys[b]. Yes men and womem are different
They both have great value to God but their roles are different in function[/b].
My elders must see you !
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Truthchiz:
The world has moved on. You people should be here asking unnecessary questions. Women lead congregations world over, and will keep leading. Man do not want women to come out of that cover they kept them. Mtchweee. Abeg make una go siddon!!!!
The world & the word of God can NEVER be compatible !
You either choose one or the other ...no neutral ground . No compatibility .
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

At times its baffling Bruh! Why creating unnecessary disparity between Old and New Testaments respectively? Ain't both - Words of God?!

It's unbiblical for a Woman to lead a Congregation, also there are more unbiblical Activities going on in the Churches but we choose to ignore cos its only Old Testament that against the Activities/Practices - as if Old Testament ain't world of God.

The old testament is the word of God fulfilled in Christ. Concerning the op, women are to preach, but not to shepherd men. Shepherding is the sole role of men.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2018
Backfornow:
Scripture teaching is pretty clear on it. And even though I am female dont think its fair, it is the truth regardless. Feministic teachings from the second wave and on have underhandely confused alot of us on what our roles are. Myself confused, I am reading a book on this now.-Reedeming the Feminine Role by Julie Roys. Yes men and womem are different
They both have great value to God but their roles are different in function.

You are blessed sister. Only a woman with the Spirit of Jezebel will think otherwise. Men also need to lead with love and meekness by the Spirit of God.

It is because of lack of God's love in the leadership of men that women are rebelling. If there is love there won't be women advocating for their right.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
ollah2:

So what's the meaning of Lord?
Why are Christians always showering praises to jesus alone?
Why dont Christians make mention or even appreciate God Almighty?
Why are they always thanking jesus alone?
Have you ever heard a Christian call on God Almighty rather than Jesus?

True Christians call on the name of the Almighty God Jehovah. Lord is nothing but a title. Our creator can never share his name with anybody.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MuttleyLaff: 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
topgear:
I think this is a good question.
Cuz the bible says women shud submit to their husbands and a woman's place is under the authority of a man.
I wonder if this is also applicable to the church.

It is a fact that no women was ordained as a priest or prophet in the bible
but women were involved in evangelism and also ministered to men but they were Neva ordained.

I think biblicaly women are allowed to preach and minister but not lead as a General overseer or head of a congregation.

Rajosh:
What about Deborah?

Glycolysis:
Was Deborah the head of a church in her days ?

Rajosh:

Glycolysis:
Let me have the Bible verses for the above....if you don't mind.
4Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time.
5And she would sit under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim,
where the Israelites would go up to her for judgment.

- Judges 4:4-5
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Rajosh(m): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

4Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time.
5And she would sit under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim,
where the Israelites would go up to her for judgment.

- Judges 4:4-5
Thank you sir
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Mystiquefia: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
Tobechuckwu:

Please, what about Deborah in the Bible? She was what?

Why U Dey Yarn Opata? Was Deborah A Priestess In The Bible? Was She Even A Levite?
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Mystiquefia: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Go and ask him why don't ask me,And get yourself familiar with biblical history.Google is there.

And the Pauline epistles were written to address different issues of the early church at that time and some answers do not fit our modern day reality.

The standards of God is not dynamic. it doesn't change to fit today's civilization and ideologies. Instead, its modern day civilization that should come to the realization that its sophistication and breakthroughs cannot alter or reform the standards of God. And pls note that Paul's Epistles weren't written to address any issue or issues of "the early church" like you relegated it to. They were meant to serve as guidance to generations unborn. Paul wrote 1/2 of the new testament under the direct guidance of the teachings of Jesus. Gal 1:11 " for Paul Would have you know That the gospel which was taught by me is not according to Man. for I neither received it from man nor was thought it but I received it through revelations of Jesus Christ. and Paul says In 1 Corinthians 4:37-38 " If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the commandments of God. But if any does not recognize it, he is not recognized in heaven( so any who rejects Paul's teachings on the submission of women and women preachers is not recognized by God or is condemned. because he has rejected Christ who spoke the teachings through Paul. so madam there's no justification whatsoever to the proliferation of women preachers in the world today. Its rebellion against the original plan of God for man and will be adjudged on the last day. As a christian if you feel compelled to follow the teachings of Paul, then you must do it holistically, and desist from abhorring and preaching half truths, near truth and lies. The ways of God are mysterious to accomplish his work, his ways no man can determine, unsearchable they are. Unbelievers will go astray rejecting words of God, but for those who believe in the unadulterated teachings of God, they will not lose in heaven. pls don't bring feminism into the church, you can't challenge Gods plan for his creatures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? / Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? / Should Churches And Mosque Be Made To Pay Tax To Boost Nigeria's Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.