Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? (15229 Views)

Should Women Become Pastors / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / Zambian Prophet Removing A Lady's Pant In Church In Front Of Congregation (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2018
Mystiquefia:

The standards of God is not dynamic. it doesn't change to fit today's civilization and ideologies. Instead, its modern day civilization that should come to the realization that its sophistication and breakthroughs cannot alter or reform the standards of God. And pls note that Paul's Epistles weren't written to address any issue or issues of "the early church" like you relegated it to. They were meant to serve as guidance to generations unborn. Paul wrote 1/2 of the new testament under the direct guidance of the teachings of Jesus. Gal 1:11 " for Paul Would have you know That the gospel which was taught by me is not according to Man. for I neither received it from man nor was thought it but I received it through revelations of Jesus Christ. and Paul says In 1 Corinthians 4:37-38 " If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the commandments of God. But if any does not recognize it, he is not recognized in heaven( so any who rejects Paul's teachings on the submission of women and women preachers is not recognized by God or is condemned. because he has rejected Christ who spoke the teachings through Paul. so madam there's no justification whatsoever to the proliferation of women preachers in the world today. Its rebellion against the original plan of God for man and will be adjudged on the last day. As a christian if you feel compelled to follow the teachings of Paul, then you must do it holistically, and desist from abhorring and preaching half truths, near truth and lies. The ways of God are mysterious to accomplish his work, his ways no man can determine, unsearchable they are. Unbelievers will go astray rejecting words of God, but for those who believe in the unadulterated teachings of God, they will not lose in heaven. pls don't bring feminism into the church, you can't challenge Gods plan for his creatures.

I don't care to know the standard of God but I do know that life's standard is dynamic and is subject to change.
Oh please save me the long story,I never claimed to be Christian.

And yes the Pauline epistles are letters written to address different issues in the early church Google can help you,have you heard of the apocryphal or anything called pseudoepigrapha in relation to Paul's teaching.Paul's time and the 21st century are obviously not the same.

This isn't only about feminism but human logic and commonsense women are humans that should not be treated as second class beings because your holy book told you so,feudalism,fascism,totalitarianism were all part of human ideologies that changed during the course of time,ideologies do change and it is diverse to different people,anyone who says life is not dynamic is deceiving himself.

Mr man you claim God's law does not change yet you have two testaments.

I don't care to know what you mean by God's plan what I know is that my own life would be on my own terms with my own reasons and not what one God of the Israelites has in store.
Also note I won't submit because I am female but because I expect my partner to do same in return so it would be mutual.

People have been challenging the so called God's plan and nothing has happened.I believe every human is a free bird and should live their lives as it pleases them and not displease themselves to please one imaginary ...............(whatever).It is a free world and it would continually evolve and things would continually change so what would happen to the so called original plan that is if there was any at all lol.

Don't bother replying.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Mystiquefia: 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

I don't care to know the standard of God but I do know that life's standard is dynamic and is subject to change.
Oh please save me the long story,I never claimed to be Christian.

And yes the Pauline epistles are letters written to address different issues in the early church Google can help you,have you heard of the apocryphal or anything called pseudoepigrapha in relation to Paul's teaching.

This isn't about feminism but human logic and commonsense ideologies do change and it is diverse to different people,anyone who says life is not dynamic is deceiving himself.

Mr man you claim God's law does not change yet you have two testaments.

I don't know what you mean by God's plan what I know is that my own life would be on my own terms with my own reasons and not what one God of the Israelites has in store.
Also note I won't submit because I am female but because I expect my partner to do so in return so it would be mutual.

People have been challenging the so called God's plan and nothing has happened.I believe every human is a free bird and should live their lives as it pleases them and not displease themselves to please one imaginary ...............(whatever).It is a free world and it would continually evolve and things would continually change so what would happen to the so called original plan that is if there was any at all lol.

Don't bother replying.

sorry nor vex, had I known you weren't a Christian trust me I wouldn't bother dignifying you with a response.. good day
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
TheNaijanBlog:
I see so many comments quoting 1 Corinthians 14, 34-35 as justification for discriminating against women. People forget that the Bible was written by men, at the time when women were seen as sub humans to men, so of course they wrote the texts according to their time.

Also, I find it very ironic as black men that we are justifying discriminating behavior with bible verses when the white slave masters in Southern USA did the same. At the time when the Bible was written slavery was not frowned upon, so there are many verses in the Bible that dictates the role of a slave to its master. The Christian slave owners used those same verses to defend slavery and fight against abolition.

There are also many dos and don’ts in the Bible that are not applicable today.

So, we have to apply Christian values to what is applicable today. There has been some very gifted female ministers that the world would have missed out on if they were not given the opportunity to use their gift.
Correct oil dey your head.
Don't mind them,they won't follow all the laws in the holybook but would happily cherry pick the one that suits them.
Mystiquefia what do you have to say about the bible and slavery is it a part of God's standard and original plan?or you won't dignify me with a response since I am not a Christian.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

You are blessed sister. Only a woman with the Spirit of Jezebel will think otherwise. Men also need to lead with love and meekness by the Spirit of God.

It is because of lack of God's love in the leadership of men that women are rebelling. If there is love there won't be women advocating for their right.

Of course any body advocating for their right or challenging the status quo obviously has the spirit of jezebel in them.

It is not because of any of your aforementioned reason but because enlightened people have decided to use their brain to think.
Leadership capabilities is not by gender.With or without love women have rights and it is a part of human rights for being human.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 14, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Correct oil dey your head.
Don't mind them,they won't follow all the laws in the holybook but would happily cherry pick the one that suits them.
Mystiquefia what do you have to say about the bible and slavery is it a part of God's standard and original plan?or you won't dignify me with a response since I am not a Christian.

Are you a Wonder Woman fan? I have watched the movie six times!

And oh... don’t hold your breath, you won’t get any response.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:50am On Aug 14, 2018
TheNaijanBlog:

Are you a Wonder Woman fan? I have watched the movie six times!

And oh... don’t hold your breath, you won’t get any response.

I have only seen the trailer and have not watched the movie but I used to watch any of dc comics/cartoons that relates to wonder woman and the mythological Amazons back then.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Mystiquefia: 7:58am On Aug 14, 2018
TheNaijanBlog:
I see so many comments quoting 1 Corinthians 14, 34-35 as justification for discriminating against women. People forget that the Bible was written by men, at the time when women were seen as sub humans to men, so of course they wrote the texts according to their time.

Also, I find it very ironic as black men that we are justifying discriminating behavior with bible verses when the white slave masters in Southern USA did the same. At the time when the Bible was written slavery was not frowned upon, so there are many verses in the Bible that dictates the role of a slave to its master. The Christian slave owners used those same verses to defend slavery and fight against abolition.

There are also many dos and don’ts in the Bible that are not applicable today.

So, we have to apply Christian values to what is applicable today. There has been some very gifted female ministers that the world would have missed out on if they were not given the opportunity to use their gift.

One cannot think Of the unmarried apostles of Jesus as self serving,sexist, bigoted women hater and yet a believer of Jesus christ. Was it not paul who said in Galatians 3:28 that there is neither jew nor greek, there is neither bond nor free and neither female nor male, for ye are all one in christ jesus? How come you suddenly deem him bigoted because a certain verse according to you doesn't suit modern day reality?? I mean, he actually made the aforementioned statement in AD70 and according to you women were regarded as subhumans then. This should tell you that all what Paul observed to do therein were direct guidance of the teachings of Jesus through the holy spirit. Gal 1:11 " for I will have ye know that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man, nor was I thought it, but I received them through revelations of Jesus Christ.
If for any reason one has to accrue such unprintable and unthinkable names to the apostle's, then be sure ready to attack Jesus and In like manner on whose mandate his disciples where free to unravel the Gospel to the world. After all if Jesus had annionted women ministers and disciples himself we wouldn't have arguments like this. infact you should even start asking questions pertaining "discrimination" from Jehovah's non ordination of priestesses in the old testament. were there no women who were Levite's as at then??
1 timothy 2:11- 12
let the woman learn in silence with all subjection 12. but I suffer not a woman to teach nor to usurp authority over the man but to be in silence, for Adam was formed, then eve.
What is meant by "let the woman learn in silence"?? This reveals a difference in roles of men and women. There is an equality in the inheritance of men and women but we do not have the same roles.

Regarding the part of your comment where you acknowledged the wonders of women ministers in the church today over the teachings of the bible. My response to that is Matthew 7: 21-23.…......22 For many shall say to me on that day, lord have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name cast out demons, and in thy name have we not done wonderful works?? . 23 and I will profess unto them, I never knew thee, depart from me ye worker's of iniquity.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2018
Mystiquefia:

One cannot think Of the unmarried apostles of Jesus as self serving,sexist, bigoted women hater and yet a believer of Jesus christ. Was it not paul who said in Galatians 3:28 that there is neither jew nor greek, there is neither bond nor free and neither female nor male, for ye are all one in christ jesus? How come you suddenly deem him bigoted because a certain verse according to you doesn't suit modern day reality?? I mean, he actually made the aforementioned statement in AD70 and according to you women were regarded as subhumans then. This should tell you that all what Paul observed to do therein were direct guidance of the teachings of Jesus through the holy spirit. Gal 1:11 " for I will have ye know that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man, nor was I thought it, but I received them through revelations of Jesus Christ.
If for any reason one has to accrue such unprintable and unthinkable names to the apostle's, then be sure ready to attack Jesus and In like manner on whose mandate his disciples where free to unravel the Gospel to the world. After all if Jesus had annionted women ministers and disciples himself we wouldn't have arguments like this. infact you should even start asking questions pertaining "discrimination" from Jehovah's non ordination of priestesses in the old testament. were there no women who were Levite's as at then??
let the woman learn in silence with all subjection 12. but I suffer not a woman to teach nor to usurp authority over the man but to be in silence, for Adam was formed, then eve.
What is meant by "let the woman learn in silence"?? This reveals a difference in roles of men and women. There is an equality in the inheritance of men and women but we do not have the same roles.

Regarding the part of your comment where you acknowledged the wonders of women ministers in the church today over the teachings of the bible. My response to that is Matthew 7: 21-23.…......22 For many shall say to me on that day, lord have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name cast out demons, and in thy name have we not done wonderful works?? . 23 and I will profess unto them, I never knew thee, depart from me ye worker's of iniquity.

I never SAID anything about anyone being a bigoted woman hater, never even typed such, where did you get that from?

Women were viewed as less of a human to man that is a fact! Heck! Some places in the world still believe so today. Hence, it makes sense for a disciple/apostle to preach according to his times. As I said, they also thought it was normal to own and trade another human being.

Yes in the Bible there are many verses that say we are all equal in receiving the grace and purnishment of God. However, we have different roles in which women were in deference to men

I never said the disciples were women haters, it is possible to think women are inferior to men and not hate them those ideas are not mutually exclusive.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Tobechuckwu(m): 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2018
Glycolysis:

Pls,do tattoos have a POSITIVE Biblically recommendation ?

....& does Joyce Meyer appear to be the Light of God to men ?
Sorry for d late reply!
Pastor Joyce Meyer is a true light of God to d world especially women! U may not like her teachings, Dat's cool, but get to know what she's called to do in d ministry by God.
About tattoos, it may not have a positive biblical recommendation, but does it mean a Christian with Tattoo on his or her body will go to hell? There are more important things to focus on, not tattoo.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2018
Tobechuckwu:

Sorry for d late reply!
Pastor Joyce Meyer is a true light of God to d world especially women! U may not like her teachings, Dat's cool, but get to know what she's called to do in d ministry by God.
About tattoos, it may not have a positive biblical recommendation, [s]but does it mean a Christian with Tattoo on his or her body will go to hell? There are more important things to focus on, not tattoo[/s].
Oh yeah ! The same applicable to premarital sex !
They are also "more important things to focus on", not premarital sex ! Right

Sir,the Bible is not even up for debate,you live to the standard or you go !
The word of God is NEVER going to bend to fit into you theories & assumptions....
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
Maximus85:

1 Timothy 2:12 you can read it if you want to.
And if you object to was is written in the Bible. I have business with you. Peace.

1 Timothy 2:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[ a] she must be quiet.

Again IN CHURCH. That's why the Catholic Church has priest as leaders but reverend sisters.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
Maximus85:

You can read 1 Corinthians 14:35 as well.

New Living Translation
If they have any questions, they should ask their husbands at home, for it is improper for women to speak in church meetings.

Nowhere does it say a man should never bow his head to a woman neither is it even implied here. This is specifically saying CHURCH MEETINGS. Mary asked that request of Jesus at a WEDDING PARTY.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
MarieSucre:

1 Timothy 2:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[ a] she must be quiet.

Again IN CHURCH. That's why the Catholic Church has priest as leaders but reverend sisters.

I'm sorry for you. You know the truth deep inside but you're twisting it. Peace be onto thee.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
Maximus85:

I'm sorry for you. You know the truth deep inside but you're twisting it. Peace be onto thee.

I'm sorry for people like you twist Christianity to suit your views. Jesus spoke about Jess like you who held certain beliefs about religion or the gentiles. Your time shall pass too.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 8:32am On Aug 18, 2018
MarieSucre:

I'm sorry for people like you twist Christianity to suit your views. Jesus spoke about Jess like you who held certain beliefs about religion or the gentiles. Your time shall pass too.

You don't know what you're saying. The God of this system has blinded their eyes. Even when they see the truth, they can't identify it. I've quoted two scriptures that states the place of a woman in the church. You have not shown us once where God made a woman a priest or head of a church in the Bible. All you've done is misinterpreting the ones we've shown you. Do what you want, believe whatever you want. I've done what is expected of me. Peace.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2018
No, it is wrong
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2018
Maximus85:

You don't know what you're saying. The God of this system has blinded their eyes. Even when they see the truth, they can't identify it. I've quoted two scriptures that states the place of a woman in the church. You have not shown us once where God made a woman a priest or head of a church in the Bible. All you've done is misinterpreting the ones we've shown you. Do what you want, believe whatever you want. I've done what is expected of me. Peace.

You said a man should never bow his head to a woman, you did not say in the church in the original comment. God made Deborah a prophet and the spiritual and physical head of Israel.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Maximus85(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
MarieSucre:

You said a man should never bow his head to a woman, you did not say in the church in the original comment. God made Deborah a prophet and the spiritual and physical head of Israel.

Deborah was a prophetess. Not a leader. God gave her information to pass to the Israelites. Barak was the leader.

Deborah and Jael had privileges to be God's spokewomen not leaders. If you read the book of Judges 4:1 to 5:31 you will get the facts.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2018
Glycolysis:

Oh yeah ! The same applicable to premarital sex !
They are also "more important things to focus on", not premarital sex ! Right

Sir,the Bible is not even up for debate,you live to the standard or you go !
The word of God is NEVER going to bend to fit into you theories & assumptions....
Now I see, premarital sex is not allowed in d Bible I know for sure, but someone dat was involved nd ask for forgiveness! Is he still guilty? Same goes with Tattoo, will u tell me now dat someone with Tattoo will go to hell? Even after receiving Jesus as his lord nd Savior ! Yes d Bible has a standard to live up to, yes d word is never gonna bend, but when u come to God with an open heart nd confess ur sins, he is just nd faithful to forgive! Remember d tattoo will still be in ur body ooooo nd even if it's premarital sex, He is still just to forgive! Someone that have sin has done it already, d way out is Wat d gospel is all about! God is love
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2018
Mystiquefia:

Please oooooo, What was Deborah in the Bible? Who was she?
U talked abt women,but do u know dat even Bishop Oyedepo's wife preaches? Or u want to tell me dat he is not a man of God?
What abt Mummy Adeboye, she preaches also! Why was she ordained a Pastor then? Or Pastor Adeboye is not a man of God? These are men of God like Moses in our days!
So Women can preach nd should be allowed to preach in d church, it is a calling from God!
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2018
Mystiquefia:

Why U Dey Yarn Opata? Was Deborah A Priestess In The Bible? Was She Even A Levite?
Sorry for late reply.
U better read ur Bible very well next time! Deborah was a Prophetess in d Bible. Don't just hear say, read it for urself. Thx.
Judges4
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Mystiquefia: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2018
Tobechuckwu:

U talked abt women,but do u know dat even Bishop Oyedepo's wife preaches? Or u want to tell me dat
So Women can preach nd should be allowed to preach in d church, it is a calling from God
Show Me A Verse In The Bible That Says Women Are Mandated To Preach In A Church??

Get Your Facts Right. Deborah Was Not An Ordained "Priestess" In The Bible By God And She Never Taught In The Terbenacle. Infact She Wasn't Even From The Tribe Of Levi. She Was Only A Prophetess Who "Ministered' (Prophesied) Unto The Children Of Israel. There's Difference Between A Priestess And A Prophetess And All Through The Bible I Never Saw Where Women Were Ordained To Usurp Authority Over Men In Both The Old And New Testament. Women And Men Do Not Equal Roles, Even The Men In The Church Do Not Have Equal Roles "All Are Commanded To Learn From Their Elder Or Leaders Of The Local Church"
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Mystiquefia: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2018
Tobechuckwu:

U talked abt women,

Thessalonians 3:12
Now Them That Are Such With The Comand And Are Ehorted By Our Lod Jesus, That With Quiteness Followers Work And Eat Their Own Bread.

Paul Says While You're At Work, And You Remember That You're Not The Boss, You Are The Employed And That Puts You In A Submissive Role. You May Be Equal Human Beings With Equal Rights But At Work You Dont Possess An Equal Role With Your Boss

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I Would Have You Know That The Head Of Everyman Is Christ, And The Head Of The Woman Is The Man And The Head Of Christ Is God.

Just As God The Father Is The Head Of Christ In The Scheme Of Redemption, Man Is The Head Of Woman. And Since Jesus Humbled Himself Under The Father All His Days, Women Though Equal Makers And Joint Heirs Of The Blessings Of God Are Instructed To Humble Themselves under the authority of men According To Gods Will.
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Mystiquefia: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2018
It Is Bewildering And Laughable That The Defences Of Most Nairalanders Supporting The Advent Of Women Preaches In The Church Is Based On The Fact That Women Preachers Are Ordained In Their Churches, That They Are Doing Signs And Wonders, And Not Based On Biblical References. Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo And Their Wives Are Not The Standards Of God, So I Have No Business Whatsoever Argueing About Them. The Holy Bible Is The Only Standard I Adhere To. And The Aforementioned Persons Are Not Bigger Than The Instructions From The Bible. The Bible Says There Shall Be Gnashing Of Teeth On The Last Day,, Pastors Inclusive. The Bible Does Not Discriminate.. Pastor Adeboye Or No Pastor Adeboye, If He Doesnt Adhere Fully To The Teachings Of The Bible They Will Not Inherit The Kingdom Of God. Joshua 1:8 Says This Book Of The Law Shall Not Depart From Thy Mouth, Thou Shall Meditate Day And Night, That Thou Mayest Observe To Do According To "All" That Is Written Therein. As Christians We Must Make The Bible Our Sole Guide
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mystiquefia:
Show Me A Verse In The Bible That Says Women Are Mandated To Preach In A Church??

Get Your Facts Right. Deborah Was Not An Ordained "Priestess" In The Bible By God And She Never Taught In The Terbenacle. Infact She Wasn't Even From The Tribe Of Levi. She Was Only A Prophetess Who "Ministered' (Prophesied) Unto The Children Of Israel. There's Difference Between A Priestess And A Prophetess And All Through The Bible I Never Saw Where Women Were Ordained To Usurp Authority Over Men In Both The Old And New Testament. Women And Men Do Not Equal Roles, Even The Men In The Church Do Not Have Equal Roles "All Are Commanded To Learn From Their Elder Or Leaders Of The Local Church"
I want u to read the book of Judges 4!What does it mean to minister? She was a judge, d same way Moses was a judge! A Priest ministers nd thank God u also said dat Deborah was a Prophetess dat "ministered".Down from Moses to Joshua to Elijah to Eliasha,they were all Prophets. They worked in more than one office! A Priest nd a Prophet Minister, but in different office. It's a calling from God nd u can't decide which office u want to walk in. When Deborah walked d earth, she was all they had nd God delivered them through her, d same way God did during Moses nd Joshua period!
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by Mystiquefia: 7:43am On Aug 22, 2018
Hian!!! Where Do You Get Your Narratives From?? You Surely Are Getting These Facts From A Quoran Or Something. This Is What Happens When You Argue With Hearsays And Dont Bother To Go Through The Bible. God Choosed Moses And Co To Be Earthly Leaders Of The Children Of Israel Since He Reigned Supreme Over Them As Their King. The Fact That The Likes Of Saul, David And Solomon Succeeded Moses, Joshua And Barak Should Tell You These Persons Were More Like Overseers Engrossed With Duties Of Governing The Children Of Israel To Even Dedicate Themselves Into The Sacredness Of Priestlyhood. There Was A Clear Distinction Between The Roles Of Aaron And Moses. Whilst Moses Acted Like A Ruler And Leader Of The Children Of Israel, His Brother Aaron Was Annointed By God To Perform Priestly Duties. And Upon The Demise Of Aaron, Eleazar, Aarons Son Succeeded Him. Just As Joshua Succeeded Moses Exodus 28:1
And Take Thou Unto Thee Aaron And His Sons That They May Minister Unto Me In The Priests Office.. Tobechukwu
Re: Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? by MarieSucre(f): 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
Maximus85:

Deborah was a prophetess. Not a leader. God gave her information to pass to the Israelites. Barak was the leader.

Deborah and Jael had privileges to be God's spokewomen not leaders. If you read the book of Judges 4:1 to 5:31 you will get the facts.

Do you understand ưhat judges ưhere Abdul ưhat they stand for in israel. I have read the book ơf judges oga. Dễborah is akin to Samuel, Elijah, Moses all who led their people both in spirituality and physical affairs and men "bowed" to all them including her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? / Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? / Should Churches And Mosque Be Made To Pay Tax To Boost Nigeria's Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.