Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter (74757 Views)

Peter Obi And Asiwaju Tinubu Shake Hands At The Peace Accord (Photo) / Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) / Buhari And Obasanjo Shake Hands At National Council Meeting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by brojoshua: 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
Those who are giving money to electorates to vote for them are not leaders but destroyers, criminals and thieves. They are not coming to office to serve the people but to steal the money of the country and of the people and of all of us. Beware of them whoever they are

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Makanjuola89: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nakachos:
This evidence alone is enough for PDP to call for national protest against APC and INEC.

What kind of rubbish is this.
Bribing an inec official on duty is treason for me.
Is APC written on the money?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by oyoirabor: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

It is premature to quickly conclude that the man who clearly displayed his ID card is bribing the INEC adhoc staff. It could be a gift for refreshment. No political party can be so foolish as to be bribing INEC staff publicly in this manner. If it was a bribe, agents of other parties would have protested publicly.

You are paid to defend evil.....You are doing your job after all.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by NextBuhari: 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
I have noticed that vote buying has increased in recent elections conducted under the Buhari regime. The reason is not farfetched. Politicians now know that people's votes count. And so they have to induce voters. In the past the inducement was less because elections could easily be rigged irrespective of who the people vote.We'll certainly graduate from there.Ironically this is unfortunate but a positive sign of democratic progress.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Cherez: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bolustical:

Seun,

Though I don't know the party this moneybag politician belongs to, I must admit that this is wrong in all ways. The INEC ad-hoc staff will be paid after the elections and I am sure they have enough for refreshment.

Either APC or PDP, this is wrong, vote buying is a PDP thing and should not be encouraged under this administration. The man does not need to call it a bribe before we know this is an outright inducement.

God bless Nigeria and PMB.
Honestly, I am confused a bit about this post of yours to have accepted the truth.
Though you've been bashing my tribe front and back, I'll accept it peacefully and trust your judgement for this.
Eku ise
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by ikemesit4477: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
merry02:
INEC and Nigeria police are threat to Nigeria Democracy
you are right! But not only police, but all security agencies!
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by colby92(m): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
You are not serious
BabaRamota1980:
There is nothing wrong to give them money for drinks or food. The workers are out there from early morning till late evening. Even after voting closed and voters have left they did not leave, their work continued.

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by HomeOfMe(f): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
seguno2:

What happened to the better change we were promised?
Was it a lie
A very BIG FAT LIE!.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by poseidon12: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

The Nigeria Police should arrest this man and charge him.

This act is more than a threat to our democracy.

Unacceptable? I'm surprised to hear that from one of the enemies of democracy in Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Heffalump(m): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

The Nigeria Police should arrest this man and charge him.

This act is more than a threat to our democracy.

I quickly 'liked' your comment but then, when I lifted my eyes to see the poster, alas it was you - Madridguy! I went flat when I remembered that you are a staunch supporter of both Buhari and APC who is all over the Internet as e-warrior fighting for your pay masters.

Be it known to you that APC is a demonic party that has set the Nigeria democracy 20 yrs backward!!! undecided
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by biggy26: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bolustical:

Seun,

Though I don't know the party this moneybag politician belongs to, I must admit that this is wrong in all ways. The INEC ad-hoc staff will be paid after the elections and I am sure they have enough for refreshment.

Either APC or PDP, this is wrong, vote buying is a PDP thing and should not be encouraged under this administration. The man does not need to call it a bribe before we know this is an outright inducement.

God bless Nigeria and PMB.
You just revealed your foolishness. Tufiakwa!
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by chigozie2018(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Is an offence as an INEC to collect money openly during election. Even the man who was giving them money too as bribe didn't even kwn. Any way corrupt buhari is there to defened de man

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by sweetilicious(f): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
ruffbamreal:

Who are the party supervisors? Are they not party agents? You see your life? So if the person that gave you #5k tell you to count the votes that are void for their candidate. Won't you? You and the person in that picture are the same. Most of the people that are shouting here and there will also collect the money and pocket it. Hypocrite every where in Nigeria.
My dear,all the parties gave us 5k each.Was told it was for lunch.And all were present when the votes were counted.No favouritism.It is not right though because in a saner clime, we all could have been in prison. I detest prison eh.Am sorry Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Mchlobinna95: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
Shafiiimran99:
But when we bribe NEPA not to cut our light, we don't see that as threat to Nigeria democracy.
see reasoning oponu oshi
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Austin234(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
Won't they be paid for crying out loud?

BabaRamota1980:
There is nothing wrong to give them money for drinks or food. The workers are out there from early morning till late evening. Even after voting closed and voters have left they did not leave, their work continued.

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Shafiiimran99: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mchlobinna95:
see reasoning oponu oshi
Ologbon oshi
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Mchlobinna95: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lumig:
Na today!!! Hypocrites here will be shouting vote buying as if it's a new thing. What do you call this:if I have decided from home to vote for party A, and I got to the polling booth to vote for A, but somebody beckoned to me to come and collect money to vote for party A [the one I have decided to vote for from onset]. And I collect the money vote my conscience, is that still vote-buying?
Oga!! Listen to ursef
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by stanleyamaziro(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
ROSYL:

A transparent government should spend money on sensitizing people about these during election periods.
Spend money on radio and television adverts, warning people to desist from collecting money, spell them out and educate them on the repercussions of doing so. They should stop mortgaging their future for 1000 Naira. Appeal to their conscience. This may not stop this shameful act totally but will go a long way.
You are right though. But we have never seen any administration of government ever taking that step rather they encourage it with body language. I feel we have overrated this government guys and they are too burdened. Hence we should not leave our destinies to their hands anymore.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by rummmy: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
sochima1989:

you are the likes of Reno that piss out wrong info with all sincerity of sense....
2011 was never an out come of refusal.....
but here on naira land.....you are free to air rub bi sh
i know because I was involved,let me also remind you that what I said is my own opinion,you can say yours but don't try to shut me up
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by olmoRoc: 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Were they working for free?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Ahmeduana(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
I hate this country!

And some of the people quoting me are all over the place begging for N-power to pay them!

useless youths who feel they can't achieve anything again in life.

This is saddening!
NO BE ONLY YOU HATE THIS GOD FORSAKEN COUNTRY, CHIT GET VALUE PASS THIS CHIT-HOLE
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Is it not obvious now why those women were shouting "Sai Baba" before thumb printing and casting their votes in Bauchi.
The majority can be wrong, you know.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by somehow: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

I like people who are objective no matter what even if the Truth is bitter. Thumbs up!

I somehow support APC, but bribery isn't acceptable

And from the imagine, it has been established that it was APC sharing money?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by edupedia: 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nakachos:
This evidence alone is enough for PDP to call for national protest against APC and INEC.

...how do u know it is APC giving a bribe?...
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by edupedia: 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

It is premature to quickly conclude that the man who clearly displayed his ID card is bribing the INEC adhoc staff. It could be a gift for refreshment. No political party can be so foolish as to be bribing INEC staff publicly in this manner. If it was a bribe, agents of other parties would have protested publicly.

...the man who posted it on twitter is a known pdp guy saying he campaigned for APC....CAMPAIGNED WHERE?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by YummyPussy: 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Fool, r they doing the work fool free?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Volcano12(f): 1:51am On Aug 13, 2018
seunmsg:

It was a bribe oooo.Shameless Nigerians
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Rcrown: 2:56am On Aug 13, 2018
It looks like that money is meant for launch for INEC officials and party agents. Not for voters
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by sochima1989(m): 5:38am On Aug 13, 2018
rummmy:
i know because I was involved,let me also remind you that what I said is my own opinion,you can say yours but don't try to shut me up

oya no vex....
how can I shut u down.....?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by kushdoctor(m): 6:18am On Aug 13, 2018
Those castigating those INEC officers should remember, this this north and in northern Nigeria, its either say no and die and yes and live. Nigeria aint worth dying for. Where are those who died in 2011 what was their lot after death. USA currently and is receiving the remains if their fallen heroes who died during the Korean war and the honour ceremony alone will tell you that the Country is worth dying cos they never leave one of theirs.

Whats with Nigeria? Blame the man who did the giving and the supervising officer cum security personnel who ought to know better. Whether or not the giver was v=buying or appreciating them, this is totally wrong.

Mark my words, 2019 will be worse.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Awaja(m): 6:44am On Aug 13, 2018
This depicts how APC have been winning,if nothing is done,they'll use same gimmicks and win again.
The impunity and Mpu is too much in this regime.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by sexyanyabubakar(f): 7:00am On Aug 13, 2018
Nakachos:

TAKE YOUR SHARE OF ABACHA LOOT. THIS UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT IS ONLY FOR LAZY NIGERIAN YOOTS

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra-Themed Attire In Court Today (Photo) / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.