Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,100 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter (74755 Views)

Peter Obi And Asiwaju Tinubu Shake Hands At The Peace Accord (Photo) / Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) / Buhari And Obasanjo Shake Hands At National Council Meeting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

The Nigeria Police should arrest this man and charge him.

This act is more than a threat to our democracy.
chairman swear say d thing no de sweet u deep down** grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by oshe11: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
Even INEC officials dey collect.....

The ONLY way Buhari will not rule us for another 4yrs is if he dies....

Pray for his Death not his Loss

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by divinelove(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

It's not illegal yet only immoral

Vote buying and selling is not yet recognized in our constitution
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by ModsareChevres: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
So APC has to resort to buying of votes to win in Buhari's stronghold
Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by moscobabs(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
G.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
They came in through a free and fair process, now they are destroying the process.

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by innocential3032(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
Inec chairman would ve be a foreigner . And shld nt have be by appointment
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Groovenaija360(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by tosan200(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
If anyone thinks this is bribe money, then you must be living in fools island. Money must have exchanged hands as it usual in every election but forget it, this one na chop money,"oga buy yourself biscuit and drink money". No one should come and tell me someone is being bribed here, abeg how much the man hold sef? E no even reach 10 tasan naira. Abeg unto the next news.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Princedapace(m): 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
There is nothing wrong to give them money for drinks or food. The workers are out there from early morning till late evening. Even after voting closed and voters have left they did not leave, their work continued.

Why are they paid salary? I can't believe a Nigerian said this..

Well, like I always say, this country is worst than any country on earth! Why? Because even the victims don't know they are victims.. Shame

Politicians are riding while millions are poor..

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
merry02:
INEC and Nigeria police are threat to Nigeria Democracy
They are just willing tools in the hands of the power that be.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Mankosi: 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bad
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by seborrhic: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
Thought they told us Buhari is like a demi-god in the North,that you only have to call his name or let your candidate be associated with his name,and the whole northern voters would vote for him or his party candidate.
Even in his own state,local government and ward,it has to take monetary inducement for the APC candidate to win.
A big shame.
After using bloodshed,coercion and outright violent intimidation of voters,including underage voters to get him votes,they are now not even sure those criminal and violent acts of intimidation would be enough,so they are now adding open financial inducement of voters,to get votes for the one they tag 'a religion in the north'.
Shameful.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Olukat(m): 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Are we practicing DEMOCRACY?
It's "demonstration craze" angry angry angry angry
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by BabaO2: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nakachos:
This evidence alone is enough for PDP to call for national protest against APC and INEC.

What kind of rubbish is this.
Bribing an inec official on duty is treason for me.
if you are weak you are weak, money can't easily win elections in Nigeria otherwise Jonathan should still be the president of Nigeria and Agbaje should be governor of Lagos state by now.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Awoo88: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

As long as what he did is in the interest of APC, nothing will happen to him.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Kingspin(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
I have said it before the 2019 election is not between Nigerians and Buhari but INEC vs Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Aladaofada(m): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
I hate this country!
then,create ur own country since u cant impact,boda ode.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by sweetilicious(f): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
merry02:
INEC and Nigeria police are threat to Nigeria Democracy
In my quest to make money legitimately, I worked as an INEC staff.Party supervisors gave us 5k each during the election but they claimed it was for our feeding.But this one,I don't know how to describe it.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Olalekanbanky1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Tomorrow now, Buhari will justify this by saying that he knows nothing about it undecided

Do we still have a president

Is he still functioning

Wait till u become stinkinly rich na. U wud discover that social media is a trash meant for jobless pple.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Rebuke: 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
Damn! Only God knows where we are heading in this country.

This is very shameful......I have said it before, most peopy supportin Buhari are doin so for selfish purpose n some of them are thieves.

Stupid n foolish people.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Calers: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
Money for refreshments.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by fratermathy(m): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
ivandragon:

it might be premature to make conclusions, but there is enough precedence to raise concerns about the true intent.

at the last gubernatorial elections in Ekiti state, the same thing happened, party agents (APC shared the money) that raised alarm were bundled away by security agents for 'disturbing' the election.

what is bad, is bad, regardless of who does it. if you say you want a country built on justice & fair play, we cannot continue to make justifications for obvious wrongs simply because they favour our 'preferred criminals'.

even when situations are put into certain perspectives to justify such wrongs, it must be done with serious considerations for other factors.

lastly, the inec officials have been paid or at least given a portion of their entitlements for the job. collecting anything from other interested parties to do a job you have been paid for is graft.. which is a form of corruption.

And PDP did not do the same in the Ekiti election?

Don't absolve any party from corrupt practices. PDP, APC, APGA, LP, etc, all have people who will pay for votes! You should blame the masses who accept the peanuts they are given in exchange for their future. The party is not the problem here. The people are the problem. Both the givers and the receivers have to search their conscience. One cannot exist without the other.

Secondly, anyone can gift INEC officers money for refreshment. I don't think that it's against any known law. The only time it becomes immoral is when the gifter specifically tries to induce favour by bribery. From the wads of cash I can see in that photo, I doubt if this is a case of bribery. Even if it is, we still don't know the giver's rationale or identity. The person may be in APC, PDP or even APC posing as PDP or PDP posing as APC. Let us learn to remove sentiments and emotions from issues where the facts are not fully revealed.

99% of politicians and political parties in Nigeria are corrupt and only after their wellbeing. Except you belong to their class, it would be foolish to absolve one and indict another.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by mightguy(m): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
The zoo. Like if this country is a zoo
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Calers: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
Money for refreshments
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by sweetilicious(f): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nakachos:
This evidence alone is enough for PDP to call for national protest against APC and INEC.

I think I am guilty o.Even though the money was not specifically made to be for bribe.I once killed Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by cooltola(m): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
Voting for PDP or APC is like voting for the lesser evil. Both parties exchange money for votes. Nothing new here
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Jaqenhghar: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
..and you say the problem are the leaders SMH
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by pastormellanby: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
It is highly shameful that some people just talk anyhow as if party giving out money to voters or ad-hoc staff started diz year, it has been for ages but the way people are personalizing it shows how shallow a lot of people are as if Party A is better than Party B or Party A or B will solve our problems, people just talk the way they think not from intellectual point of view as if politicians are saints.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by PennywysCares(m): 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
So what should we do with those pictures
Stolen Biafra money
God is watching them
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by bestviewer: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bubu is too desperate. I wonder if he would surrender when he is defeated in the next election.

Nakachos:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra-Themed Attire In Court Today (Photo) / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.