Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! - TV/Movies (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (205567 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by SAGirl: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
@twinstaiye
Dude, i understand that you have the finale on dvd. please, how can i get a copy? My wife has been harassing me about finding a way to watch the finale as she missed the two shows on 198 and AfMag on sunday. Please help a brother out before i have to start sleeping on the couch because of Big Brother Finale.  

ME TOO PLEASE, I WILL BUY IT:-)
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by HamidO1(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2010
Check this thread out guyz https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-534733.64.html
There are fools out there condemning the president for congratulating Uti. People that never voted at all.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by roymary: 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2010
Well, God is good!!! God Blessed Uti with $200k and numerous fans and God has just blessed me with another US Visa Renewal, Wish others well , so favor could come your way too, Yinkade, hope you copy this!,
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by babuji(f): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2010
Pic of Shuti

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
WOW!!!! i luv that picture of shuti they really make a good looking couple, if only sheila didnt mess herself up in the house embarassed
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by honeyfave: 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
bba all stars interview: tatiana
http://www.tvsa.co.za/default.asp?blogname=bballstarsinterviews&ArticleID=15408
She got sent to the barn, made a comeback for a week and on Sunday night 29-year-old Tatiana (who doesn't use her surname) was the second housemate to be evicted in the Big Brother double-whammy.

I caught up with her to gather the dirrrt for us in the countdown to Sunday's Final ,

Tashi: What did you get up to immediately after you left the show on Sunday?
Tatiana: I'm very tired - I couldn't sleep man. I went straight to the hotel, then I had to go look for something to eat so I got back at like 12 o'clock and I tried to sleep but I couldn't.

Tashi: Why? Did you keep playing things through your mind?
Tatiana: Yah, I was thinking about a lot of things, a lot of thoughts. Like I'm just concerned about one thing: my family. The rest: bumbos (*spelling??*). And my boyfriend of course. But I spoke to him on Sunday night.

Tashi: (*eye-pop natch*) So you actually have a boyfriend?
Tatiana: I do.

Tashi: Because people asked, when you were flirting with all the guys, whether you had one and I thought you didn't.
Tatiana: But that was part of my game. You know, my fun game, let's call it like that.

Tashi: Do you think you were evicted because you haven't been in a romance this season?
Tatiana: I dunno, you know what, I never thought about it but , I don't know, really, I don't know. Maybe. I think people like to see Tatiana in a romance.

Tashi: Was that your strategy going into the show - to have another relationship?
Tatiana: No because I have a boyfriend, and once in a lifetime is enough.*laughs* Remember my season.

Tashi: Of course, who could forget it??
Tatiana: Yes, that was enough. I came to this season, not to make up with anyone in a relationship, so yah.

Tashi: You still got very slinky with the guys - how will your boyfriend feel about it?
Tatiana: Of course he, like any person, even me, I wouldn't feel good but I kept him in my heart. I mean that was part of my fun game, to drive guys crazy - to flirt with them, to drive them mad and tease them like I did with Hannington.

He was the only one that I really got close to. The other guys were just a peck and teasing and whatever.

Tashi: How long have you and your boyfriend been together?
Tatiana: A year. You know before I came into the house, we completed one year on the 6th of July.

Tashi: When you told him that you were gonna do it again didn't he have a heart attack knowing what happened last season?
Tatiana: He didn't quite watch that.

Tashi: Oh - ha!
Tatiana: But he knew, he knew, people talk and he was really very insecure and very concerned - he was scared. He was very sad when I left to go to the house but I went to fulfill my dreams.

It's something about him that I really like - he respects my dreams, what I
want to do in life. My goals. He’s achieved his goals and I need to have my own chance you know.

Going into the house this time round, it was more because of my project - it's already walking so it's much easier to get support and funding being on the show.

Tashi: , which project? (*having a horror flashback thinking about Sunday night's singing*)
Tatiana: My own reality show.

Tashi: Oh? (*relieved that it doesn't involve the singing*)
Tatiana: The name is: "Oh Tatiana."

Tashi: Oh? Oh Tatiana?
Tatiana: Yes.You know those kinds of reality TV shows about celebrities going round and partying and whatever-whatever but mine is more concerned about promoting the country, the tourism in Africa.

Each country I go and visit, my housemates' countries and do some
charity work. For example, with Code, I will support him with Malaria in Malawi and that will be part of the show. I will show the beauty of Africa - you know so many shows only show poverty and suffering and war and whatever.

The beauty of Africa they never show, they never talk about it. It's going to be international so I'm going to show the world what Africa is about. We are fun, beautiful people with humble hearts.

Our continent's beautiful, that's why the foreigners are taking over - it's so rich so I'll be showing all that with my work, as a model, actress and as a singer. *laughs*

Tashi: (*Eyes rolling and gulping again.*) Okay. How far is the project? Has it been picked up by somebody? Are you still working on it to get it signed?
Tatiana: Yah, I've already recorded my first episode in Tanzania I've got a teaser already.

Tashi: Which guy did you find the hottest?
Tatiana: Definitely , at first it was between two - but then Hannington.

Tashi: Who was the other one?
Tatiana: Uti. I've always said that - even in the house when the guys were playing games.

Tashi: So that was sincere?
Tatiana: Yah, yah, yah, Tatiana always tells the truth - I'm pure, I'm a free spirit, I'm always open, I don't like to lie.

Tashi: There's been a lot of controversy about the Lerato/Hannington fiasco - many people felt it was unfair that he got disqualified but not Lerato. Do you agree?
Tatiana: That's a complicated question. Look, I was in the house but I had a feeling that outside was some boombo (*spelling again?*) happening about that.

I could feel, when Big Brother announced that he was disqualified and he had to leave - when Big Brother announced Lerato's punishment, I was like: "Okay, it means Africans are not happy that Hannington is leaving and she's still here. So that's why they've come up with this punishment."

I dunno , you know why, I think you guys had more perception of what happened than us - it was so fast. It was really fast, I don't know. Like it was less than a minute and it felt like a dream so I don't know ,

Tashi: If you had been Big Brother, would you have made the same decision? What would you have done?
Tatiana: At some point, at some point - I'm very divided, so at some point maybe disqualified both of them but if we look at the rule book of the Big brother house it says "No violence" so , he actually hit her. She didn't hit him - so he hit her. That was a problem.

Tashi: How difficult was it for you being in the situation?
Tatiana: It was so complicated, we got really affected.

Tashi: Which did you prefer: the burn or the house?
Tatiana: Ah, the buuuuurn - forever. The house, the competition, people pretending and doing things to get attention from viewers and votes and whatever - that's some bullshit. You must just be yourself. It sucked, really.

My first and second week, I even told Big Brother, was really quite tense for me. The game was harder because everyone had been on the show before, everyone thought: "I know this person - she's this, she's that." It made it really, really difficult.

I like to feel comfortable so I can open my wings and fly so I could feel a lot of tension. They were also already forming groups - like the two groups - and it just reminded me of my season. I only had Munya and Paloma by that time to be close to, so I found it quite hard.

And there was someone from my season who I didn't get along with at all - Lerato. She was kind of like the king of that group outside, the smokers and whatever, so it made it quite tough for me to really spread my wings blah blah blah.

When I went to the burn, ah - it was really nice because that tension of competition was gone. There was no head of house, we didn't nominate each, only watched the others and we just had fun.

Tashi: Lerato was in the burn too though? Did you get along better?
Tatiana: Oh yah, I'm really , one thing about the season that I'm really glad about is the fact that me and Lerato got along, and we got along so well, I'm so happy - she's changed.

Remember in my season, she was a little bitch you know, so in the barn Big
Brother played a very good role to bring us together. Lerato really put effort into it.

When we had that radio station task, she really put in an effort and I really appreciate what she did. From there we started talking and got really close. I really like her, she's changed.

Tashi: Did she change after the Hannington fiasco?
Tatiana: Ummm, no it was already before that, she was already nice to me.

Tashi: Would you say that the party between Meryl, Sheyla and Mwisho was the most X-rated moment out of everything?
Tatiana: Ooooooooooooh, that was crazy. I was shocked because I thought Mwisho was under the blankets so when Meryl flipped the duvet and Meryl was there I was like: "Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! Lerato!" It was crazy.

Tashi: Could you have swapped? Could it have been you under the blankets with Meryl? Is it something you would have done on the show?
Tatiana: No, no, no. You know what, people must get their minds right, I'm not bi-sexuality - I'm very straight, I like men.

Look, people get confused because Sheyla and I pecked but in my season Meryl and kissed. We kissed for five minutes! Do you remember? When we played Truth or Dare and the guys said: "Meryl and Tatiana must kiss."

Tashi: So you'll just kiss girls but you won't go under the duvet with them?
Tatiana: No, no, no, no, no. One thing about Sheyla yah, because a lot of people have said: "Yah, you and Sheyla," - Kaone was crazy about it, thinking me and Sheyla were doing something, and Yacob was paranoid about me and Sheyla.

You know, the one thing I like about Sheyla - from the first time she told me she likes girls - she could see straight away that I'm straight, I don't do girls, I do guys and she respected that from the first moment.

When we played the game with shots, that was fun, yah, we did some crazy things but nothing beyond that.

Tashi: So you didn't stab her with the dagger because you want to see her strip?
Tatiana: No, because she's a bit conservative. This is what people must understand: the fact that she's bisexual doesn't mean that she's not conservative.

There are things that she's conservative about - one thing is that she doesn't like to show her body, like her boobs and stuff so I thought: "Yah, giving the dagger to her will be fun because she kinda keeps her body from the camera's and stuff like that. That's why I gave it to her.

Tashi: Do you think Merylisho's engagement's ridiculous?
Tatiana: Look, I'll be honest, I told Biggie and Africa - on TV it looked so bad guys. Let's not lie yah. Especially because of the elder people who were there, the family - I mean, they had no voice, they gave them no chance to talk.

The only thing I really disagree with was that. It could have been done a different way - it was really embarrassing. In this type of situation, the uncle speaks. He says something like: "Mwisho, what do you want with my niece dah-dah-dah-dah-dah. What are your intentions?" But nothing happened. The whole situation was so awkward.

Tashi: Do you think he'll share the money half-half with Meryl if he wins?
Tatiana: I don't know, they never talked about that - I don't know their plans, Big Brother never showed us anything about that - she only showed us what she wanted us to see so I can't comment on that.

Tashi: Do you think he should?
Tatiana: Uh , look, if they're going to get together, it's a point of sharing. Don't even talk about that - when you get together you're one.

Everything should belong to each other. There's no like: "Are you gonna give me half? Give me half." That's so like rwoaaar *cat/lion sound*. But listen, I'll tell you something very honestly: Mwisho, he likes Meryl. He's in love with her.

Tashi: So you believe that's absolutely true, 100%?
Tatiana: Yah, I think he likes her.

Tashi: But you don't feel the same about her with him?
Tatiana: Well, even her best friend said so - Lerato - who am I to say something different? She's a bit crazy - I honestly don't know if this is gonna work.

She's crazy and she likes her freedom and you could see Mwisho's very tight, very jealous. *Mwisho voice*: "No-one comes close to Meryl. Who's calling her?? Who's talking to her?!"

No, Meryl's not that type of girl. But you know let them live their dream. This is how we learn, from our mistakes so give them a chance, they're happy. I wish they'll be happy for forever but if not, at least they tried. Don't blame people for their mistakes, don't judge and blah blah blah

Tashi: Speaking of mistakes, looking back to your season - was your relationship with Richard a mistake?
Tatiana: No, because it was pure love, and I never ever lied about that.

Tashi: What happened in the aftermath? Did you see Richard again? What was it like with his wife? What did she say?
Tatiana: No, I've never seen him - I've been to Tanzania like three times and nothing, nothing, nothing.

Tashi: After that, not a word?
Tatiana: No. He tried to come to my hotel, to sneak in, to try to get Tatiana to talk but he could never get to me.

Tashi: But you knew he was married - so after you left the show, you were together at the after party on the night of the Finale, what happened next?
Tatiana: He left, I left for my country and he asked for my number. I didn't get his number because he's the one who had things to solve, not me.

So then I went back to Angola and someone from the production called me saying: "Oh Tatiana, you know I think you should call Richard. He's going through a tough time and he needs you because you know you give him strength blah blah blah."

So I'm like: "No, I'm not calling." I'm not the one who's supposed to call. They were like: "Oh please blah blah blah."

So then I called and he was apparently at a hotel and his wife was there and the guy was so confused. He was like: "I'm having a beer and my wife is here and we're talking dah-dah-dah-dah-dah."

I'm like: "Cool, sort your things, whatever you do what's best for you, whatever you do, I'm cool."

Then, one day, after a few days, I received a call from his side, but it was his wife, the wife: "Hi Tatiana," but very polite you know:"Hi Tatiana, this is Ricky
speaking, Richard's wife. I'm just calling because he wants to talk to you. Wait a minute , " - just like that you know!

I was like:"Okay," then she gave the phone to him and I could feel, you know when you're being listened to or in a police station and you're being watched and someone's saying:" Hey say this, say that," - it felt like that.

He was like: "Yah Tatiana, uh , uh , " he was so confused. You could hear from his voice: "Ah Tatiana, me , um , uh , you know I like you very much, you are a very special woman and I like you a lot but I'm back with my wife blah blah blah."

I'm like: "Okay, yah, if that's how you feel that's fine you know, happiness blah blah blah, ciao." From there, never. We haven't spoken. Friends have said things that he's said and I've said but we never talk.

Tashi: Where you hurt by it?
Tatiana: Look I was ready for it, I'm not a kid, I'm not a girl. I know what life's about, I knew I went into something - that I could leave with nothing - or with everything. I was ready for both of them. And I did well. I got over that and focused and I'm fine.

Tashi: Do you think he should have won?
Tatiana: You know I did, you know what, I did everything for him to win because I really thought: "Yah, he needs it more than I do."

Tashi: So you don't feel resentful that you didn't win?
Tatiana: No I don't, no.

Tashi: Who do you think should win this season?
Tatiana: Talking "should", I think it's time for a woman to win. It's very sad that women don't support women, like viewers and people outside. It's sad that there's no support for women, always for guys - it would have been nice if a lady could win but it seems like Munya is the favourite. I like him, we got together, we're very good friends and stuff.

Tashi: Yes you had that whole thing at the beginning with him where he liked you and Jen warned you that he was playing you. When she said:"Beware."

Tatiana: Yah, I think she told me, yah. Ah but, you know what, what counts, my heart speaks louder. That's the same thing that happened with Richard. My heart was taken you know.

With Munya, he was the first one I clicked with, and then it was Paloma. We got close, with him I could be open and shout and really have fun so I didn't really care.

Jen advised me, and Paloma also said a few things and Sheyla came and told me what happened in their season, that he was like a snake.

I told myself: "Look, if this guy does something to me it's fine but I'm never gonna speak to him again, ever, outside because I'm giving , not heart but it's me, it's my soul.

I found him a nice person and I want to believe that, until he proves me wrong and I did it, even when I went to the burn, I got disappointed a few times at the things that I watched but I never gave up.

At the end I told Big Brother: "Biggie, apart from what I've seen and there are people who don't like him here and talk crap about him, nothing's gonna change the way I feel.

When I went back to the house I told him and he felt bad and said: "I did it because of what you told me when you left." Before I left I told him: "You better win." So he took that - he told me he did whatever he did, he did because for me. He told me that he's there in the house because of me.

Tashi: Okay, interesting. (*mmmmm?? do you think it's true or something he just said? Just said it surely?*) So you'd be happy if he won?
Tatiana: Very much, yes.

Tashi: And if one the girls wins?
Tatiana: I'm divided. I don't know, I like both of them. I'd be happy if either of them won.

Tashi: Is there anyone you don't want to win?
Tatiana: No I'm not that kind of person. If a girl can't win though, then Munya.

Ends

uti won
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Ambber(f): 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2010
I heard Sammy and Tatiana were very sad that Uti won. I hope they have recovered from their migrane because the fact remains that Uti is the STAR of the BB all stars grin cheesy kiss
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by bxg(m): 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2010
we need updates on SHUTI tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by gazonga(m): 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
This was copied from kevin's wall on fb.
Hope it makes sense.

Chuwang Pam Kevin
Its back to back!!!!thanks to those who supported,those who criticized(&still do), Congrats Uti, indeed dreams kum tru.u know now,
Sunday at 11:47pm via Mobile Web · Comment · Like

Chuwang Pam Kevin
m Even it may sound late,the prize is still on da plate,plus I still have faith, our boy will make it coz he dint fake it and now its time to take it, I don't care wot anyone says he has stayed for 91 days so da crown shud go to who best plays.Uti notin do U!!!!!!!!
October 14 at 10:10am via Mobile Web · Comment · Like
31 people like this.
View all 78 comments

Chuwang Pam Kevin
Grand Finale of Big Brother All Star. Naija,Let Support Our Home Boi Uti,, If you are in Nigeria ,SMS" Vote Uti and send to (MTN 34350)( Zain 34350) (Glo 34350, remember to vote on mix-it as well.meanwhile,some bombo hacked into my facebook 4 3 weeks now,
October 13 at 8:35am via Mobile Web · Comment · Like
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by preshizeee(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2010
gazonga:

This was copied from kevin's wall on fb.
Hope it makes sense.

Chuwang Pam Kevin
Its back to back!!!!thanks to those who supported,those who criticized(&still do), Congrats Uti, indeed dreams kum tru.u know now,
Sunday at 11:47pm via Mobile Web · Comment · Like

Chuwang Pam Kevin
m Even it may sound late,the prize is still on da plate,plus I still have faith, our boy will make it coz he dint fake it and now its time to take it, I don't care wot anyone says he has stayed for 91 days so da crown shud go to who best plays.Uti notin do U!!!!!!!!
October 14 at 10:10am via Mobile Web · Comment · Like
31 people like this.
View all 78 comments

Chuwang Pam Kevin
Grand Finale of Big Brother All Star. Naija,Let Support Our Home Boi Uti,, If you are in Nigeria ,SMS" Vote Uti and send to (MTN 34350)( Zain 34350) (Glo 34350, remember to vote on mix-it as well.meanwhile,some bombo hacked into my facebook 4 3 weeks now,
October 13 at 8:35am via Mobile Web · Comment · Like

DID UTI CAMPAING 4 HIM DAT LATE , ELIZ DON WASH DAT BOY HEAD .I WAS REALLY DISSAPOINTED
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 12:05am On Oct 20, 2010
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by emmadinoyi: 1:54am On Oct 20, 2010
am I the only one who thinks Kevins Rap campaign sounded kinda sarcastic? the guy is just a disappointment, he did not want Uti to come and steal the shine from him abi. He must realise that Uti's winning is even tripple more exciting than his.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:06am On Oct 20, 2010
Just heard for Beat 9.99fm that Uti would be signing autographs at Silverbird Galleria on Saturday at 2pm.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2010
Guys follow this link to play Uti song ''ONCE IN MY LIFE'' Uti ROCKS, no wonder he was begging Biggie to play his song in the house.

http://www.notjustok.com/2010/10/17/world-premiere-uti-big-brother-africa-allstar-winner-once-in-my-life/#idc-container

That is Lagos boy for you, his mentality and music will always be different from that of Kevin the boy from J-Town. grin grin grin grin grin

''Once in my lifeeeeeeee, i feel my trust in someone elseeeeeeeeeeeee''
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by v24m(f): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2010
ScreenDiva:

Just heard for Beat 9.99fm that Uti would be signing autographs at Silverbird Galleria on Saturday at 2pm.

Are u cyyyrious? Eissssssssh am not a fan of that Silver bird Galleria i swear i'd rather go for the after party please does anyone have info on d after parrry need to see FRUITY. Hehehehehehehehe
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by jejelolatu(f): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2010
ScreenDiva:

Guys follow this link to play Uti song ''ONCE IN MY LIFE'' Uti ROCKS, no wonder he was begging Biggie to play his song in the house.

http://www.notjustok.com/2010/10/17/world-premiere-uti-big-brother-africa-allstar-winner-once-in-my-life/#idc-container

That is Lagos boy for you, his mentality and music will always be different from that of Kevin the boy from J-Town. grin grin grin grin grin

''Once in my lifeeeeeeee, i feel my trust in someone elseeeeeeeeeeeee''

Sum1 shd giv d music sectns guys d link to dis track, those guyz ar badd boiz mehn, they can rip anyfin off anytin. I can lyk to download abeg. Lol!

Even mnet must be enjoyin d beef, dey updated their status on FB nd said with uti winning BBA nd NAIJA SINGS startin off wiv 10 wonderful singers Nigeria feels like d centre of entertainment.

U nid to see d vexation among d sadc crew esp SA nd Zimbos towards d update.

Apparently Munya as landed in zimbabwe.

Waitin 4 updates on UTI, he shud be back 2day also.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by SAGirl: 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2010
U nid to see d vexation among d sadc crew esp SA nd Zimbos towards d update.

You know guys, I really do not understand what is this thing with SADC vs. ROA. If there really is beef, I can assure you that SA has absolutely nothing to do with it. For an average South African, an African is an African is an African. Whether you are from Zimbabwe or Nigeria believe me they will treat you the same. Either they like you or they don't.

I have supported Uti through all this and it's not nice to see all these jabs against my country in here. I'm also patriotic, you know,
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by jejelolatu(f): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
SAGirl:

You know guys, I really do not understand what is this thing with SADC vs. ROA. If there really is beef, I can assure you that SA has absolutely nothing to do with it. For an average South African, an African is an African is an African. Whether you are from Zimbabwe or Nigeria believe me they will treat you the same. Either they like you or they don't.

I have supported Uti through all this and it's not nice to see all these jabs against my country in here. I'm also patriotic, you know,

I totally understand how u feel, i hv also bin on a couple of non-nigerian forums too nd i knw how i feel wen i see bad stuff written abt my country

I dnt believe evry SAcan or SADC 4 dat matter has a problem with Nigeria just cos a handful are throwin tantrums on d BBA site. See, just because Uti was cursin and shoutin @ every1 doesnt make all Nigerians loudmouthed. I am not one to make genaralizations

I'll apologise to u simply cos u are d exception buh d fact still remains dat there are loads of pple out there who hv beef against Nigerians. d Xenophobia incident is still fresh in our minds.

No offence meant . much love for u , ok?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2010
Both Uti and Sheila are still keeping mute about Shuti, they've avoided talking about it in all their updates both on twitter and facebook. Sheila even said jokingly on facebook this morning that "stop SHUTIing me" and put up a picture of her and Uti together as her profile picture. Well people are still bombarding them to talk about their situation and maybe with time they will feel us in. Uti should be arriving in the country today and it seems like he will be on 99.9 beat fm on Friday. He has thanked his fans both on Twitter and Facebook and he will hopefully send his shout out to Nairalanders also.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by v24m(f): 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2010
stankayy:

Both Uti and Sheila are still keeping mute about Shuti, they've avoided talking about it in all their updates both on twitter and facebook. Sheila even said jokingly on facebook this morning that "stop SHUTIing me" and put up a picture of her and Uti together as her profile picture. Well people are still bombarding them to talk about their situation and maybe with time they will feel us in. Uti should be arriving in the country today and it seems like he will be on 99.9 beat fm on Friday. He has thanked his fans both on Twitter and Facebook and he will hopefully send his shout out to Nairalanders also.

IF THEY ARE BOTH KEEPING MUTE ON THR RELATIONSHIP THAT MEANS ITS LIKELY TO HAPPEN THEY JUST DONT WANT ANY INTERFERANCE FROM PPLE LIKE US grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by SAGirl: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2010
I'll apologise to u simply cos u are d exception buh d fact still remains dat there are loads of pple out there who hv beef against Nigerians. d Xenophobia incident is still fresh in our minds.

Xenophobia attacks were not targeted at Nigerians, or any other country for that matter. In fact, Nigerians suffered the least from the attacks (compared to other SADC nationals) because Nigerians do not live in townships and squatter-camps. Hence me feeling the need to correct the perception that South Africans prefer people from SADC countries than from other countries.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by BluMalam(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
Guess What?

Babangida Congratulates Uti

Former President Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida Monday congratulated Nigerian musician and actor, Uti Nwachukwu for winning the reality TV Show Big Brother Africa Season 5- The All Star Edition.

In a letter to Uti, Babangida described him as an exceeding entertainer, a patriot and a true reflection of the Nigerian spirit. The former President said, ‘ I appreciate you deeply for making us proud and for proving your skeptics wrong by achieving the impossible.’

The former President, who is also a Presidential aspirant in the 2011 elections, admonished Uti to remain fervent in his passion for entertainment. He described him as a great source of inspiration to many Nigerian youths and a truly committed Nigerian who sang the National anthem to the world with verve and aplomb.

Attributing his success to patriotism, foresight, kindness and sincerity, Babangida said Uti deserves the prize and the support and respect of all contestants and also all Nigerians.

The message ended with the word, ‘You have made our country proud, congratulations and thanks.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by v24m(f): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^
mmmmmm seee UTI ooooo so tehhhh even IBB applaud am, well IBB sowiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii if ur looking to use Uti as ur campaign rep for d youth e no go work cos bros J has beaten you to it abi dem no tell u say na so so Jonathan Uti dey rep for BBA. Uti willl ignore ur lyfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Bombo.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by montelik(m): 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ SAGirl. I feel your point. This why I said I wish Mnet and Endemol give BBA a rest for at least a year. This year a lot of unnecessary issues and politics (regional, national e.t.c) have steadily creeped into d show and its been ugly and unnecessary. I am not really interested in d blame game of who started it first or what not (I have an idea of what really kicked it off). But d show is now over so people please let it go. BBA is not, should not be used as a political arena.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by marktwain: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2010
v24m:

^^^^^^^^^^^
mmmmmm seee UTI ooooo so tehhhh even IBB applaud am, well IBB sowiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii if your looking to use Uti as your campaign rep for d youth e no go work cos bros J has beaten you to it abi dem no tell u say na so so Jonathan Uti dey rep for BBA. Uti willl ignore your lyfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Bombo.

IBB thinks congratulating Uti is the same as Obama having Jay-Z on his ipod !
Rubbish,
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2010
marktwain:

IBB thinks congratulating Uti is the same as Obama having Jay-Z on his ipod !
Rubbish,
LMAO!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin nairalanders una don come again oh
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by bleedinluv: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2010
Wel, i decided its time 2 drop my piece,d euphoria of UTI'S victory is stil makin my days,hrs,mins,people ar even askin if he's my Bf, lol im rootin 4 SHUTI. My Patients are al Uti fans nw dey like d updates i give dem,nd im glad IBB nd Gudluck are competin 4 his attention,if i were him il use dat as an opportunity 2 change my millions 2 billions.tnx every1 luv u all.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kobikwelu(m): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2010
as for the SHUTI angle

i think that shuti has reigned lerato to stop divulging info on dem

its just a strategy to up their market value (cos they know that the anticipation is sooooo high)

just today, @leratolicious and @itskwambox updates were mostly abt TEQUILA!!! (seems as if they are picking up from where they stopped)

@leratolicious l8test update on SHUTI

"ok here it is guys : sheila and uti r still in SA. we not with uti cos he's still busy bt we going out l8r 2nite. i dont know if therez a 'shuti' and its nt for me to say anyway. we'll b in naija and kenya soon and meryl and mwisho r still 2gether."

1hr 54min ago
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kobikwelu(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2010
btw

@ik_osakioduwa (bigbrother5 host) is on the plane home

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (179) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread / Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.