Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! - TV/Movies (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (205541 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
You can now download the video of the grand finale here. Happy viewing

http://www.bigbrotherafrica.com/forum/Thread-Watch-the-grand-final-show
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by honeyfave: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2010
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ellab(f): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2010
In tashi's write-up,dis got me crackin,*if they are still together in a month,even a week,i ll eat ma t.v*.
Come to tink of it,with d way meryl is,i dnt tink its gonna last especially wif mwisho tryin to go bak to d bush.
Well,lik dey say,*love is blind*.i jus hope dey ll continue to be blinded by it.
As 4 our bba allstars couple of d yr,*SHUTI*,dey should jus com out and tell us wats up.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2010
Guys pls read dis  http://zimbabwereporter.com/opinion/1811.html

Cunny mumu(Zimbo) looking for cheap publicity.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2010
PHILLIP Chiyangwa must take his promises to give Big Brother Africa housemate US$300,000 and shove 'em.

If Phillip and David Chapfika are sincere that they want to compensate the young man to prevent hearbreak and loss of hope, its fine and dandy. But can you imagine your brother calling a press conference and making an announcement each time he gives you money. From what we've seen, the promises are not worth much anyway. In May, Chiyangwa promised to pay exam fees for 160 students at Africa University (AU) in the eastern city of Mutare. Chiyangwa pledged US$255 910 for the needy students during a public lecture on "Opportunities and Entrepreneurship". He failed to honour up and most of the heartbroken students failed to sit for their finals.

at least they still have reasonable people in zim.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by roymary: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2010
I do not pity MNET for all the allegations coming from Zimbabwe, That Munya was no entertainer and ought to have been evicted long before the finale. It sucks Zimbabwe is claiming to be the victim. Annoying!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by peacettw: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
This is just shameful. First, the housemate now his country. No wonder the poor kid is messed up, munya, it's really not of ur own doing, NOW WE UNDERSTAND *shakes head*
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by preshizeee(m): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2010
GUYZ I FEEL SHUTTI IS SO ONNNNNNNNN because I WAS ON SHEILA'S FACEBOOK WALL EARLY DIZ MORNING AND HER RELATIONSHIP STATUS WAS SINGLE ONLY 4 ME 2 COME BACK HOME AND C SHE IS IN RELATIONSHIP AND SHE ALSO CHANGED HER PROFILE PICTURE TO DAT OF SHE AND UTI, grin grin grin ;DLOVE DON DO DOSE TWO STRONG THING
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Gunnergal: 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2010
It is too soon to marry Sheila – Uti

Oct - 20 | By: Ameyaw Debrah | 4 comments.

Filed under : Buzz, Radio/TV

The winner of Big Brother All Stars, Uti Nwachukwu says it is too early to talk about marrying fellow housemate, Sheila even though the two shared a special bond in the house and have been very good friends for more than two years. The excited winner of the $200,000 grand prize (plus an extra $2,000 for appearance), commented in a telephone conversation that: “Let’s wait and see what happens, we have to talk. Marriage is such a huge word” .

Uti described Sheila as one of the best friends he’s ever had in his life. He admitted that he likes Sheila as a person and would love to have a relation with her after having that ‘special talk’ with Sheila. According to Uti, he was particularly happy to see Sheila and the other girls return into the Big Brother house from the barn because he was getting bored out of his mind being around 3 other guys. “I got tired. I was like ‘eish’ I have to go two more weeks like this. But when the girls came in, I was so happy”.

Although Uti didn’t show much excitement when he was declared as the winner of the $200,000 prize money, he describes the feeling as great and amazing. He explains: “In my mind, I kept talking to God. I had declared in my heart that I had won and didn’t need to show any joy. For me, I was exploding inside but I had to keep it all together. God had already told me that ‘Uti, this one is for you; my reward to you for all these years that things have been disappointing’.”

According to Uti, he didn’t lose the plot this time around, and that could have contributed to the viewers voting for him to win. “I wasn’t concentrating on acting or planning my every move; I was spontaneous. I was very real, I was stripped bare and all my emotions were there for people to see. I didn’t have time to fake anything. I was extremely real; realer than how real I was in 2008”.

He pinpointed the winning moment, opening day, fun tasks and the return of the barn mates as some of his highlights in the Big Brother All Stars competition. He however recounted the moment he heard the news of his father’s death as the lowest point in the Big Brother House, but says he has braced himself to face the death of his father when he gets home. “We are a very strong family and once one person is strong, the others follow suit. We will be there for each other as we pay our last respects”.

The Nigerian rep said his head is still bursting and doesn’t know yet what he would do with his winnings but was sure he would return to his modeling, acting, TV presenting and music career when he gets back to Nigeria. He added that he has already recorded 5 songs for his upcoming album and that his producer is aiming for an 11-12 track album. He describes the album as a personal album that reflects the fun part of him as well as the serious parts of him.

According to Uti, his music has a lot of funk, afro-pop, ballads, rock and House influences. He also commented that if he had to make a song about his experience in the Big Brother House, he would title it ‘Epiphany’.

http://www.ameyawdebrah.com/2010/10/20/it-is-too-soon-to-marry-sheila-uti/
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Gunnergal: 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
Guys there seems to be a facebook page titled  "I HATE UTI NWACHUKWU".If you can, please REPORT this page. Seems like these zimbos don't want to move forward.Just like their rep Munya,they want to propagate hate.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2010
Can u please post Sheila's Facebook name because the one i checked ''Sheila Kwambox'', i did not see anything there.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2010
Munya meets Mugabe, how ironic can this be. http://www.newzimbabwe.com/showbiz/showbiz.aspx?newsID=3595

Sheila Kwamboka, thats her facebook name.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by honeyfave: 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2010
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2010
She's just edited her name, its now Sheila Patricia Kwamboka.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by dominique(f): 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2010
She no get native name ni? Its all gud sha, she'll adopt one wen she marries uti.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2010
my sweet Nlanders una no go kill me, lol see serious marriage plans for SHUTI !!! am sure y'all would jump higher than we all did when Uti won should SHUTI happen and end in the altar. oh good old romance, we all luv romance.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2010
Sheila has changed her facebook profile picture to a picture of her and Siruti at the Nigerian Embassy, so cute, does this mean that they are on? This Shuti business is really crazy, so many people are just in love with the idea of Shuti. Someone rightly dubbed them as Africa's Brangelina, lol

As for Munya and he's silly country men and President, they are just clowns. A country where ordinary bread is a scare commodity is now using public funds to donate money for Charity Munya. They are all truly finished, lol Uti has finished them all
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
Thanks guys, i just saw another link that after Munya met with Mugabe he handed him $300,000 shocked

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/news-3601-Mugabe%20hands%20Munya%20US$300,000/news.aspx

They are forgetting one thing that sometimes its not all about the money but wining honourably in the eyes of the whole world. Nobody remembers who came second in anything, if them like make them give am $500,000, Uti has won and nobody is going to take that away from him. For the rest of Munya's miserable life it will still hunt him that he lost to Uti after all the boasting in the house. $300,000 indeed, i actually thought i will see the pictures of the cheque being presented.

Bunch of sorry losers!!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2010
Mugabe is really a senile old man, abeg he should even include BBA in the yearly budget so they can continue to compensate their losers while millions starve. in fact he should give Itai and Bertha their own share sef . As for Munya, he will never be a BBA winner and that is final, no amount of shouting or mis-use of public funds will change that .
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by beeswax: 11:42pm On Oct 20, 2010
Shuo!!! Dis mumu and his people are funny oh, na by force to win bba? Its like he went into dis thing as do or die or some kind of life or death bet abi wetin make I talk? Abeg jor, moving on to more importent talk is it true igwe don land naija?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2010
No i think Uti is still in SA, Lerato tweeted that She and Sheila where meeting up with him this evening, then later she tweeted that they were having bottles of moet at some diplomatic event. Seems he still had some obligations to fulfill being the winner, he he he that is something Munya will never experience
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by GUNNER(f): 12:20am On Oct 21, 2010
http://www.chronicle.co.zw/inside.aspx?sectid=13252&cat=3

Why are Munya's fans still posting nasty comments when Uti has won, the game is over till next year so why not save themselves the stress of typing rubbish on the internet? We know they love Munya  tongue but we love Uti too  grin and 8 lovely African countries voted for our own Uti so all those haters back off because is too late aiight!  wink Btw, dont SHUTI look lovely together, they sure fit like a glove, LOL!  kiss

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by emmadinoyi: 12:52am On Oct 21, 2010
Paloma is such a hypocrite, now she is saying she wanted Munya to win, when she was always badmouthing him in the house, make I no see dat her nyash for naija o yeye girl.
Munya must be silly to think that the fact he survived numerous evictions means he must win, like Uti said anyother person could have as much.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shokpeti: 1:05am On Oct 21, 2010
preshizeee:

GUYZ I  FEEL SHUTTI IS SO ONNNNNNNNN because I WAS ON SHEILA'S FACEBOOK WALL EARLY DIZ MORNING AND HER RELATIONSHIP STATUS WAS SINGLE ONLY 4 ME 2 COME BACK HOME AND C SHE IS IN RELATIONSHIP AND SHE ALSO CHANGED HER PROFILE PICTURE TO DAT OF SHE AND UTI,  grin grin grin ;DLOVE DON DO DOSE TWO STRONG THING

Chei ! See how Nigerians wey suppose sabi pass, dey pray and urge their brother Uti to get into a useless and doomed relationship.

Make I ask all una wey dey encourage this, If Uti was your bro, Nephew, son, would you encourage him to marry a Sheila?

Whats with this madness?

The Big Brother Show is over. This now is reality.

Uti would be the biggest fool to enter such a relationship

There is something in humans that make us enjoy watching others make a fool of themselves. Thats why the BBA show is popular
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by beeswax: 1:14am On Oct 21, 2010
Paloma has always been and will always be d biggest hypocrite in bba history, such a hateful and annoying character na niw she day vex say mumu no win? D silly cow! Wasn't she always quarellinhg d guy and insulting him in d barn? These revolution characters all get k leg abeg ah ah!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by emmadinoyi: 1:53am On Oct 21, 2010
^^^ I'm telling u, the revolutioners that came back all have k leg, hannigton got disqualified, Yacob walked away, what can I say of Kaone, Jen and Paloma absolutely nothing, I'm sure Uti no go send them after BBA xcept maybe hannycob
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by omohwunmmy: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2010
@ shokpeti,Maybe Sheila will go clean cos of Uti. U neva know d power of love.
BTW, Shuti should kiss already and send us a pix so we can move on with our lives. Lol.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ellab(f): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2010
Guys, whether shuti dey on or not,e no concern us.To tell u da truth,im hopin dey get together.lol
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Ambber(f): 8:30am On Oct 21, 2010
Uti was up against Munya 3 times before the finale. 2 out of those times, Uti won with at least 2 more country votes than Munya. Where did the zimdiots get the impression Munya was going to win having lost to Uti 2 times out of 3? I really have to thank them for the one time Uti lost to him because that was the call to fire. we realised we needed to sharpen our arsenals and we did. My advice to Munya's father because I can see where the boy's manners came from is Never ever undermine your opposition(we didn't) and do not count your chickens before they are hatched. SADC wanted to rob Uti right infront of our eyes but thank God for Nigerians solidarity, non-sadc countries and Alexander forbes. The results can always be verified. I find it amusing that Zimfools can say the voting system is faulty when they lost at the time it mattered most (eeyah) what voting system did they use when countries like Namibia, Botswana, SA,  etc voted for him instead of their reps? I refuse to believe they have very small brains and selective memory.

In the history of BBA it will always be remembered that Nigeria won the 1st grand prize of $200,000(revolution) and won this amount back to back to produce the 1st ever BBA All stars real STAR.  Cool $400,000 coming to our economy, I just hope both Kevin and Uti make judicious use of their money, invest wisely and make the efforts and good will of generous nigerians and Africans worthwhile. (make dem no shift everything go east africa o wink shocked wink lol )

Sorry Zimbabweans, deal with your loss like we dealt with ours when Ofunneka lost the 100k and Malawi dealt with theirs when Hazel tied with Ricco but lost the 100k on votes count to him.

By the way Mugabe should ask Munya to repeat the speech he made about him in the house in his presence (koro koro eyes).  My pain is that nobody has it recorded,it should be flying all over facebook and youtube now.

you guys have a great day
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by SAGirl: 9:44am On Oct 21, 2010
@ SAGirl. I feel your point. This why I said I wish Mnet and Endemol give BBA a rest for at least a year. This year a lot of unnecessary issues and politics (regional, national e.t.c) have steadily creeped into d show and its been ugly and unnecessary. I am not really interested in d blame game of who started it first or what not (I have an idea of what really kicked it off). But d show is now over so people please let it go. BBA is not, should not be used as a political arena.

I Agree. I was going through the posts on the BB Facebook page and couldn't believe the level of hate that is there. And the worst part is I think BBA Producers are condoning and encouraging it. They are aware of what is going on out there and I think they should have done something to counteract it already. Do something that will bring us together and stop all the insults and hatred for each other.

Some people might think they are just joking but others read these things and take them seriously, that is how genocides and xenophobic attacks start.

Otherwise, good morning all. How is Nigeria this morning
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 10:18am On Oct 21, 2010
Lerato just twitted that her friend (Uti & Sheila) are leaving in a few hours!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by honeyfave: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2010
His baby boy ‘Pjumayi’ had just been born when Zimbabwe’s Munya Chidzonga entered the house and was battling for his life in the incubator. Now, three months later, and without the $200 000 grand price, infant lookalike Munya says he is eager to go back home to his native Zimbabwe and spend some quality time with his son, and also proceed with his wedding plans with his baby Mamma, Adiona. Munya had a strong fan base in Namibia and always got the majority vote here when he was up for eviction.
The Namibian caught up with the well-spoken filmmaker and actor in Johannesburg after the All Stars finale on Sunday. The time was short, as there was a host of reporters wanting to speak to the finalists, but we managed to squeeze in a few questions.
Munya, you were so close yet so far away when it came to winning. How do you feel?
I’m crushed, I’m very heartbroken. No words can describe what I felt inside at the moment. I feel robbed, I mean I thought I was going to win. But that’s the game and I mean there can only be one winner. At least I did better then the last time, I mean I’m the second runner-up.
(It seems Munya thought he would win because he survived so many nominations.)How would you sum up your BBA experience this time round?
Well, when you’ve done something before, it kind of becomes monotonous so what I did was try to fight the monotony. But overall, the game was more emotional this time round, it was more frustrating and as you may have seen there were times I cried. I cry out of frustration.

You have an infant at home, so now that BBA is over, what are your plans with your baby Mamma?
When I came into the house we were already in the process of getting married, we were going through the cultural wedding proceedings and now that the game is over, we’re going to continue with where we left off.
You know my son has been alive as long as I’ve been in the house and I’ve never even met him and for that reason I can’t wait to meet him and see whether he is as good-looking as his father and grandfather (laughs).

So where to from here for Munya?
One of the main reasons I came back to the game this time round was to promote my film actually. I shot a comedy film back home called ‘Lobola’ and it will be released in November. Now that the game is over, I am going to continue promoting it. The film is about three brothers who lived in the United Kingdom. I directed and produced it and I am also the main actor in the film.

http://www.namibian.com.na/news/africa/full-story/archive/2010/october/article/big-brother-africa-mixing-it-up-with-munya/

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (179) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread / Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.