Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,137 members, 7,825,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Marry Your Best Friend See Reason - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marry Your Best Friend See Reason (916 Views)

Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates / Marry Your Mate By Apostle Joshua Selman (6 Mates You Should Marry) / Hot Ghanaian Girl Needs A Nigerian Boy Friend: See Qualifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by Benthemainman: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
MARRY YOUR BEST FRIEND
True love is first evolutionary, before it is revolutionary. Revolutionary love is the kind that takes your world by storm, sweeps you off your feet and turns your world right side up or upside down. When most of us claim we are looking for love, this romanticelixir is what we are yearning for.

The truth however is that even if you find revolutionary love, it seldom lasts, because it isn’t practically sustainable. What most of us fail to realize is that, the Hollywooddirectors, actors and romantic writers who have so publicized revolutionary love, won’t be struggling with their relationships, if they really understood what love was all about

The practical alternative to revolutionary love, is evolutionary love. This is the cool,calm, collected,procedural and gradual realization of your affection for someone, most likely a friend, that has being in your life all along. The reason why this works is because it is built on F-R-I-E-N-D-S-H-I-P.
Friendship not showmanship is the most realistic foundation for lasting love. Everything else is a farce. Unfortunately most of us turn down the opportunity to develop intimate love with our best friends, because we are blinded by overfamiliarity.

I am fully persuaded that one of the main reasons for marital delays is because people tend to ignore the evolutionary love within their grasp, in search of the revolutionary love beyond their grasp. How unfortunate this is! Notice I am not against revolutionary love in the least sense, all I am saying is that evolutionary love comes first. The only revolutionary love that lasts is the one that is built on the solid foundation of evolutionary love.

Why is friendship crucial to the evolution of your love life

FREINDSHIP IS PERFECT ENVIRONMENT FOR AUTHENCITY.

We all know that it doesn’t take any effortto be yourself around your friends. The pressure to pretend isn’t present in the best of friendships. You seldom have to impress your friends, you’re just you around them. If you’re broke, angry or depressed, you won’t need to hide it from your friends. I am persuaded that this lack of authenticity is why many relationships fail. The desire and pressure to impress our lovers can be one of the most emotionally draining activities in love. You won’t have to do this, if you will simply settle for your friend.

A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS HAS YOUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART

This is one of the greatest antidotes to selfishness. When you settle for your friend in love, such a person would already have developed the habit over the years of acting in your best interest and habits die hard.Selfishness therefore can’t come natural to them, because they’ve spent most of their lives watching out for you and they are least likely to stop now that you’ve become their lover.

FRIENDSHIP ELIMATES THE ISSUE OF PROBABILITY IN YOUR PARTNERS PERSONALITY.

In other words you aren’t guessing who they are, you know who they are. When I was younger, marriage counsellors would warn me that, you don’t really know a person until you marry them. I always found that very disturbing. You mean I had to be guessing who my wife will be, and wait until marriage to discover who she really was?

That is senseless! What if she turns out to be the wrong person in marriage? Wouldn’t discovering her true nature after marriage mean I would be trapped with the wrong person for the rest of my life? So I married my best friend and discovered the marriage counsellors were dead wrong. There is nothing my wife is today, that she wasn’t when she was my friend. I can almost hear someone shout” but people change”. Well, not when you’ve been their best friend for over 15years.

If you love this write up continue reading
�����
http://www.storyaim.com

Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by ritylove(f): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2018
lol
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by dingbang(m): 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
ritylove:
lol
you were the reason he posted this.. ain't funny. The way you shattered your bestie's heart cry
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by ritylove(f): 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:
you were the reason he posted this.. ain't funny. The way you shattered your bestie's heart cry
i shattered no ones heart you are too quick to judge and you ignorantly do that base on assumptions please change i taught you where better than that
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by SirMichael1: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
ritylove:
i shattered no ones heart you are too quick to judge and you ignorantly do that base on assumptions please change i taught you where better than that

What was your reply to your friend? You gave him a positive or negative reply?
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by keenn: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
I had wanted to reply your earlier post about your best friend, however the traffic it generated changed my mind.

My dear friend, that love u are seeking for, that revolutionary fire u seek for that u don't find in him I hope doesn't hurt u in a long run.

Why not ask a good aunty or your mum, tell them about this guy (let then know u don't love him) and hear their response.

Also, remove your profile pic
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by dingbang(m): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
ritylove:
I read your thread and was quite disappointed. Obviously when you grow old, you will realize the importance of strong friendships
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by bjayx: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Friendship is the soul of every relationship
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by LordKO(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
The tiny difference between friendship and erotic love nullifies this advice. A marriage between two friends that don't mutually fancy each other (have reciprocal physical/emotional feelings for each other) - is akin to two people that mutually fancy each other but don't share the same ethical leanings - can never stand the test of time. Literally, people who don't share mutual ethical leanings aren't friends - notionally they can be.

Mutual fancy plus mutual ethical leanings (friendship) - diplomatic ethical leanings to be precise - is the recipe for healthy, happy and lasting marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by ritylove(f): 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:
I read your thread and was quite disappointed. Obviously when you grow old, you will realize the importance of strong friendships
And you think ama kid!
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by dingbang(m): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
ritylove:
And you think ama kid!
how old are you?
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by ritylove(f): 9:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:
how old are you?
forget
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by dingbang(m): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2018
ritylove:
forget
grandma.
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by ritylove(f): 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:
grandma.
daddy..
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by dingbang(m): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
ritylove:
daddy..
lmao.. So technically, I'm dating your mum.. wink
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by ritylove(f): 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:
lmao.. So technically, I'm dating your mum.. wink
you know Na dad. ..am your kid nah Abi!
Re: Marry Your Best Friend See Reason by dingbang(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
ritylove:
you know Na dad. ..am your kid nah Abi!
sugar dad kinda stuff.. I can take care if you

(1) (Reply)

Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be / Four Gift Every Nigerian Woman Would Want For Christmas / ” I Reserve My Private Part For Rich Guys” – Ghanaian Singer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.