Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796854 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Timmypaul: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
sospunky:
Good news....congrats

post the transcript pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shrekandfiona: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
ifyalways:

Thank you very much. This would have been perfect if the boy was living with me but unfortunately, he's living with his parents somewhere in the south east.

I have however gotten a hang of it and we have proceeded. Thank you!
You're very much welcome smiley you are a blessing to those around. Only God Almighty can reward your good deeds. I pray the boy excels
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
He said i should appeal it and that he's ready to request a fresh bank statement sent directly from the bank to the embassy along with a reference letter
GetUmad:

What did you Uncle say after telling him the situation of things?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Yes, he's my uncle. I believe he has that amount cos he imports tyres and he's a major dealer
jelmusboy:
Do you believe your uncle will have that amount of money in his account?

Is the account holder truly your uncle?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gracefoundmme(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hi, whats the name of your school?

Nitta08:
So guys, I'm in the US.
Here's my experience:
Booked Royal Air Maroc from Lagos. Flight was for 6:05am 13th August. Arrived Casablanca at 10.30am. RAM delayed my flight twice. Waited for 28hrs in Casablanca Morocco before finally leaving for New York. Left Casablanca at 3pm on the 14th.
....my stay in Casablanca...Lovely staff, ready to help even though it's hard to communicate as they don't speak English. Just a handful of them do. But BAD food. I was lucky to get a good spot at the lounge....nice beds though. I was told that the hotel rooms got filled up pretty fast.
Arrived JFK at 6pm. Didn't get off the plane till about 6:30. The border control officer only did my biometrics and asked where I was heading to, course of study, if it was my first time in the US and if I had any foods or drinks. I reached out to get my documents asking if he wanted to see any and he said not to bother, he trusts me. Baggage claim took more than 40mins before I could get my bags.
Met with my school staff waiting to welcome and receive international students. It was pretty late already... 8pm US time. There was a shuttle provided to get to school. I've kinda settled in but I need to complete my sleep.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
Thats something i have to consider left, right and center
Godchangemylife:
But try not to get yourself arrested at the embassy ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jelmusboy(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
Then, you don't have anything to worry about. It might even be a mix-up from the bank or embassy. As someone said, reapply and let your uncle get you a fresh statement and a supporting letter
steinmajor:
Yes, he's my uncle. I believe he has that amount cos he imports tyres and he's a major dealer

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by soleexx(m): 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good Evening
what's the complication of getting US student visa and refuse to study when that student arrivv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
soleexx:
Good Evening
what's the complication of getting US student visa and refuse to study when that student arrivv
You will be out of status and eventually get shipped out of the US

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
roniex2:

You will be out of status and eventually get shipped out of the US
This kind of thoughts when executed are the cause of problems why student visa is now hard to get. If you intend to work,please seek for a visa for that category,not under student visa. Stop getting things WRONG in this country. PLEASE!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
Flaame:
This kind of thoughts when executed are the cause of problems why student visa is now hard to get. If you intend to work,please seek for a visa for that category,not under student visa. Stop getting things WRONG in this country. PLEASE!

Why did you quote me? He asked a question and I answered. You should quote him to warn him and not me. I obviously discouraged whatever he had in mind

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
steinmajor:

on first though i would have said dont apply again and dont even target the US because that issue is not going away anytime soon and will keep coming up as a problem

on second though , if you are absolutely sure of the bank statements, then you can apply again with the aim to clear your name . however this chance is only if you are absolutely sure of the authenticity of the bank statement .

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by presiade(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
steinmajor:

Probably the account statement was not officially obtained (requested and paid for) and the bank denied issuing it when the embassy requested confirmation. If you're extremely sure that the submitted statement is genuine, confirm how your uncle got it. After that, re-apply with a duly obtained official statement and explain exactly what happened. Your case would have a better chance of flying if the scenario I imagined are true and other things are right.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2018
roniex2:

Why did you quote me? He asked a question and I answered. You should quote him to warn him and not me. I obviously discouraged whatever he had in mind
Sorry bro...it was a mistake,am new here and dont know much so far.
Sorry,ok?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good people good day.
I was denied a visa i was supposed to commenced study on 15th of August but since i cant make it i wrot for diferment, the school replied asking if i will like to join November section. My worry is, is there any recognized section for students in November or is it only fall (Ang) and spring(january) summer(march)
Pls can somebody clear me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pharmacylaws: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hello, Please i want to find out ,i used a different sponsor's name for my i20 application form to get my i20. can i used another person's as my sponsor while applying for visa interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
KAMSITO:
Good people good day.
I was denied a visa i was supposed to commenced study on 15th of August but since i cant make it i wrot for diferment, the school replied asking if i will like to join November section. My worry is, is there any recognized section for students in November or is it only fall (Ang) and spring(january) summer(march)

Based on a guess that you might want to refire, you should post your transcript and profile. The gurus in the house will tell you where you went wrong in your visa interview.

And for the sessions in a year, I don't know about November as most schools resume August for Fall (I stand to be corrected).

Why you wait for the gurus to give you right answers, I think you should send a message to you department asking them this too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
Thanks bruv. I'll reapply IF he's able to find out why the statement of acct bounced
jelmusboy:
Then, you don't have anything to worry about. It might even be a mix-up from the bank or embassy. As someone said, reapply and let your uncle get you a fresh statement and a supporting letter
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Thanks ma'am! Think i'll do everything possible to confirm the authenticity of the statement on my own before i summon the courage to go there again
LagosismyHome:

on first though i would have said dont apply again and dont even target the US because that issue is not going away anytime soon and will keep coming up as a problem

on second though , if you are absolutely sure of the bank statements, then you can apply again with the aim to clear your name . however this chance is only if you are absolutely sure of the authenticity of the bank statement .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
Thanks a lot bruv. You actually opened areas i havent explored. I appreciate
presiade:

Probably the account statement was not officially obtained (requested and paid for) and the bank denied issuing it when the embassy requested confirmation. If you're extremely sure that the submitted statement is genuine, confirm how your uncle got it. After that, re-apply with a duly obtained official statement and explain exactly what happened. Your case would have a better chance of flying if the scenario I imagined are true and other things are right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aamstih: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
The guys that come back here to give back are the real MVPs, lots of persons would never visit this thread after having their visas approved.

As for the new guys, feel free to ask questions and also copy and paste those same questions on Google search...

There are many sides to this hustle, read as much as you can from this thread and previous ones.

For the spring/ fall 2019 applicants, God bless your efforts and do ensure to be smart. Cheers

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
Denied.
Vo- good morning
Me - same
Vo- pass me your passport and i-20
Vo- what are you going to US to do
Me- am going for theological studies majoring in masters of divinity.
Vo - what will the programme do for you
Me - it will aid to build me up in my ministerial endeavor, as a priest, going for further studies will also help to gain more knowledge about biblical languages and its explanation. It will assist me in missionary work major planting of churchs and to help my diocese in developing younger priest.
Vo.- tell me about you academics background
Me.- went to imsu from 2000 to 2004 then after my nysc i enrolled into the ministry after which got
admisdion to a teological school from 2007 to 2011 after which i was ordained
Vo- what is your work as a priest
Me- well as a priest am involve in evangelical work og winning souls for christ i was also attached to the bp before now as chaplain assiting him episcopal services as well as keeping his vital documents safe. Presently am serving in the cath.
Vo-now you are about to travel who will be doing all these work for the bp
Me- somebody handed over to.me of which i have handed over to anither person whom bp is comfortable working with that is why he approved my trip to study
Vo- how long have you served in the diocese
Me- 10 yrs and 7months.
Vo -he kept on typing and am sorry you dont need a visa now.
Morover i didnt pay for sevis no body told me about it

Help help help.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
KAMSITO:
Good people good day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pharmacylaws: 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hello, Please i want to find out ,i used a different sponsor's name for my i20 application form to get my i20. can i used another person's as my sponsor while applying for visa interview. My initial sponsor does not have sufficient fund in his account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
pharmacylaws:
Hello, Please i want to find out ,i used a different sponsor's name for my i20 application form to get my i20. can i used another person's as my sponsor while applying for visa interview. My initial sponsor does not have sufficient fund in his account.

I can answer you from my personal experience, but I cannot confirm a yes or a no. When I did my visa interview, I had my uncle's name on my I-20 but had my dad statement of account. It wasn't a problem during the interview and I got the visa. Ironically, I had a first denial when I went with my uncle's statement of account whose name was on my I-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheSuperladyy: 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Evening Guys.
My visa was approved on 18th July. I left Nigeria on 13th August.
This is my Travel experience. It's coming late because I've had issues with accommodation since I arrived.

I traveled with Royal Air Maroc. We left Nigeria 6:05am On 13th of August. Got to Casablanca around 10am. Disembarking the plane, and the check at the RAM desk took a few minutes. I have to say at this point that, if you don't understand French or Arabic, you're going to have a hard time if your layover is in Casablanca.

Anyway, I got lost and couldn't locate the lounge. RAM also extended my layover time from 5 hours to about 9 hours without prior notice. It was very frustrating not locating the lounge, no food, no wi-fi and no familiar faces. I just located where we were supposed to board the Next flight and just stayed there. I sha cannot lost.

We eventually left Casablanca around 9pm, and arrived JFK at around 11PM American time. We spent about 30 minutes before we could disembark, then we stayed at the queue. The guy only asked where I was going, did my biometrics, asked if it was my first time, stamped my passport and wished me luck at school.

I almost got scammed by a cabman sha, but I found this nice Igbo man who helped me book Uber with his phone and I safely arrived at my hotel, NYLO in Manhattan. Spent a few days in New York, even took a sightseeing bus around town.

School resumes on Monday sha. Playtime is over. Trumpland is sweet.

I'll say this sha, if you're not strapped for cash or can stomach plenty wahala, don't take Royal Air Maroc o.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 11:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
Denied.
Vo- good morning
Me - same
Me - it will aid to build me up in my ministerial endeavor, as a priest, going for further studies will also help to gain more knowledge about biblical languages and its explanation. It will assist me in missionary work major planting of churchs and to help my diocese in developing younger priest.
Me.- went to imsu from 2000 to 2004 then after my nysc i enrolled into the ministry after which got
Me- well as a priest am involve in evangelical work og winning souls for christ i was also attached to the bp before now as chaplain assiting him episcopal services as well as keeping his vital documents safe. Presently am serving in the cath.
Me- somebody handed over to.me of which i have handed over to anither person whom bp is comfortable working with that is why he approved my trip to study
Me- 10 yrs and 7months.

Help help help.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 9:49pm
KAMSITO:
Good people good day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 18, 2018
KAMSITO:

I am not familiar with a November semester. A typical semester is usually 4-5 months and a November semester will be for only 2 months. Personally, I will choose the conventional semesters (Fall - August or Spring - January) and save myself the stress of having to answer/defend an unconventional semester during your interview. Also, the time difference between November and January isn't much. Admissions are rarely given for the summer semester.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:28am On Aug 18, 2018
steinmajor:
Hello house! Please I need help from those who have been through what I'm experiencing at the moment. My interview was on July 25th in Abj. I was placed on Administrative Processing for nearly two weeks and when I checked the CEAC site on the 6th of August I saw 'Refused'. I felt really bad, can't lie about that but I didn't know the scary part was incoming. I went to pick up my passport and besides the pink paper, there was this white paper attached and there was one part where "Fake bank documents" was handwritten. My uncle who's also my sponsor kept assuring me that the statement of account was legit even though I asked him twice before I was refused. I can swear anyday, anytime that I had no idea the statement wasn't legit. Throughout my school days I no even get mind carry expo enter exam hall not to talk of presenting an altered statement of account to the US embassy that is thorough. I don't have one fraudulent bone in me. The problem is I don't know if I have been banned cos the VO warned me I'd be banned if the statement isn't authentic. Please what do I do now? I'm so confused and in a very bad place right now. The US embassy is not a place you can walk in to iron issues out. I sent a mail several days ago and still no reply. Some people are encouraging me not to wait too long before trying again so I wouldn't look guilty (with a different sponsor tho). Others think I should just give it time before trying again so I don't look suspicious when I bring two different statement of accounts from different sponsors within a short period of time. Please anybody with an idea should feel free to chip in. If you have been through something similar and you don't want to say anything here, please email me. I feel lost right now. PLEASE HOUSE, HELP.

What was the content of the email you sent to them? Have you confirmed from your uncle if the statement was fake?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:32am On Aug 18, 2018
steinmajor:
Think i should reapply immediately or give it time?

You have not confirmed to us if the statement is genuine otherwise. This makes it difficult to advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 4:33am On Aug 18, 2018
General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 11:13pm On Aug 17
Denied.
Vo- good morning
Me - same
Me- 10 yrs and 7months.

Help help help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 4:35am On Aug 18, 2018
General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KAMSITO: 11:13pm On Aug 17
Denied.
Vo- good morning
Me - same
Me- 10 yrs and 7months.
Morover i didnt pay for sevis no body told me about it.
Apart from not paying the sevis where did i get wrong in my transcript

Help help help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.