Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793110 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ajibade105:
I think I mentioned in a part of the thread that I'll be paying an application fee for an applicant. I'll be giving out $25 each to two people on this thread to support their application for Fall2019... I'll let you guys know when am gonna start this...
boss your people dey here oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lyrondee: 12:36am On Aug 16, 2018
Ajibade105:
I think I mentioned in a part of the thread that I'll be paying an application fee for an applicant. I'll be giving out $25 each to two people on this thread to support their application for Fall2019... I'll let you guys know when am gonna start this...

Can we book space plsgrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by promzyphyno(m): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2018
Ajibade105:

I pray i get this,it will go a long way for me,thanks for your initiative
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nitta08(f): 1:04am On Aug 16, 2018
Bootybuttchic:
hey dear......hope u are settled now...how is the united states like? how do you see it? have you been to your school? do you like it?

Sure, I'm settled now. Thank you. It's really cool grin
I love everything about my school.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tonasibe: 1:18am On Aug 16, 2018
I'll advise you to evaluate your cgpa with WES first and don't assume. Depending on your undergraduate course and university, it might shoot above 2.8 or even 3.0...
LolaCole1:
Hello Good people,
Pls i need you to put me through somethings.
I finished with a cgpa of 3.35/5.0 is it possible i get admission into Universities in US particularly in health sciences, i have been searching and all i see is 2.8/4.0. Maybe there’s anyone that knows about a school or two that gives admission to people with second class lower in health sciences. (I’m aware i need to take Gre will that neglect the fact that i graduated with a 2:2? )

Pls is it possible i take another degree despite the fact that I graduated from secondary school 2010?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Imustreturn(m): 1:37am On Aug 16, 2018
Ajibade105:
yaaay.. For my small undergraduate baby going for nursing.

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glocal1: 1:50am On Aug 16, 2018
LolaCole1:
Hello Good people,
I finished with a cgpa of 3.35/5.0 is it possible i get admission into Universities in US particularly in health sciences, i have been searching and all i see is 2.8/4.0. Maybe there’s anyone that knows about a school or two that gives admission to people with second class lower in health sciences. (I’m aware i need to take Gre will that neglect the fact that i graduated with a 2:2? )

Pls is it possible i take another degree despite the fact that I graduated from secondary school 2010?

Thanks.
First evaluate your transcript with WES, to convert your cgpa to the US scale. You can then search for schools that match your profile.
What course did you study in school and what course do you wish to study now?
I don't think you need another degree.
You can check Western Illinois University.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2Smile(m): 2:13am On Aug 16, 2018
Kweeen:
Please is there a stipulated BTA required of students?
There is no specific amount specified for students. You should hold an amount you are comfortable carrying and that will be sufficient for your needs.
I assume you mean Personal Travel Allowance (PTA).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2Smile(m): 2:17am On Aug 16, 2018
LolaCole1:
Hello Good people,

Thanks.
You should convert your GPA to 4 point grade using online tools like WES. I am sure your 3.35/5 would be higher than 2.8/4.0

https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LolaCole1(f): 2:46am On Aug 16, 2018
tonasibe:
I'll advise you to evaluate your cgpa with WES first and don't assume. Depending on your undergraduate course and university, it might shoot above 2.8 or even 3.0...

Thank you so much. I will do just that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LolaCole1(f): 2:50am On Aug 16, 2018
Glocal1:
First evaluate your transcript with WES, to convert your cgpa to the US scale. You can then search for schools that match your profile.
What course did you study in school and what course do you wish to study now?
I don't think you need another degree.
You can check Western Illinois University.

Parasitology. Wish to study Public health or Epidermiology. Thank you so much . I will check the school out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LolaCole1(f): 2:51am On Aug 16, 2018
Time2Smile:

You should convert your GPA to 4 point grade using online tools like WES. I am sure your 3.35/5 would be higher than 2.8/4.0

https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/

Thanks, God’s blessings. I will evaluate now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jacksonyito: 7:10am On Aug 16, 2018
Anyone else here going to Bgsu?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tolutweety(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2018
ifyalways:
Forgive me if this question has been treated before but :- what is best for a 17 years old, fresh out of secondary school, no SAT/IELTS etc, college or Uni directly ?

Hi ifyalways,

Gotten answers to this yet?
I am in US, and I think I can provide you with most of the necessary info you need.
Will be glad to help, if you still have further questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sillysassysally(f): 8:55am On Aug 16, 2018
If I calculate it this way 4.51/5.00 * 4.00 it'll give me 3.61 (which was what I was expecting)

tactmayor:

Ur GPA on a 4.0 scale should be in the region of 3.66 or 3.67.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:05am On Aug 16, 2018
sillysassysally:
If I calculate it this way 4.51/5.00 * 4.00 it'll give me 4.61 (which was what I was expecting)

Lool you can't get it right that way. If she is using WES, then her GPA will be around 3.68 to 3.7 on 4.0 scale

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 9:09am On Aug 16, 2018
Nitta08:

Sure, I'm settled now. Thank you. It's really cool grin
I love everything about my school.
Thanks.
thats so nice....congrats...whats school please and what course did you go to study......

I intend to study forensic accounting...and am also looking for schools that offer scholarships or assistantship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2018
So there's no one going for a communication or advertising course? For Fall 2019?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 16, 2018
tolutweety:

Hi ifyalways,

I am in US, and I think I can provide you with most of the necessary info you need.
I also needed same pls thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mzomaks: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2018
Hello Everyone pls is it possible to transfer from on school to another in the first semester?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2018
mzomaks:
Hello Everyone pls is it possible to transfer from on school to another in the first semester?

Yes, it is.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ifyalways(f): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2018
tolutweety:

Hi ifyalways,

Aww Tolu. Thank you very much. I got help from a guy here and we've started. I will reach you privately if I ever need your help..thanks for offering , much appreciated. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ifyalways(f): 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
shrekandfiona:

It covers admission advisory services, visa advisory, mock SATs, use of their library/resources etc all for 1 year. I'll suggest you go to the US embassy near you(Lagos or Abuja) for more enquiries.

I am more familiar with the Abuja office. I registered with them for graduate studies while my friend's daughter registered for undergraduate studies. She's in school now. For UG, you have to be a straight A student or for graduate, 1st class/2.1. They don't take in lower grades.

When you pay, you'll be given an ID card to enable you have access to the office. An adviser will be attached to you who will put you through the admission requirements. For UG, you have to have a certain SAT score and above 100 in Toefl. For grad, above 300 in Gre and 100 in Toefl. You'll also get familiar with the embassy and visa officers as they organise talks with VO's too. If you're in Abuja, I could give you a number of one of their advisors
Thank you very much. This would have been perfect if the boy was living with me but unfortunately, he's living with his parents somewhere in the south east.

I have however gotten a hang of it and we have proceeded. Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
jacksonyito:
Anyone else here going to Bgsu?
here! falcons
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bayocanny: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
Spotlighte:
So there's no one going for a communication or advertising course? For Fall 2019?
I am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
ceejay55ceejay:
I don't understand your question. Please rephrase.
When did u make the sevis payment? Maybe u didnt make d payment at the recommended time that it will reflect at the V.O system...Maybe he or she difnt see it that was why they asked for the receipt? So how many days before the interview did u make the payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
Who's is applying for Industrial engineering at University of Arkansas for Fall 2019?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dahyur119: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
[quote author=Dahyur119 post=70137105]House help a friend of mine took photocopy and original I-20 to the embassy the represented the photocopy without him knowing he was rejected he want to reapply can he still go ahead since have the original I-20 with him and what his stand in getting a visa

Anyone pls help ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
bayocanny:

I am

Oh wow. Finally!

Which one exactly are you going for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bayocanny: 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
Spotlighte:

Oh wow. Finally!
Which one exactly are you going for?
communication
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Timmypaul: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
Flaame:
When did u make the sevis payment? Maybe u didnt make d payment at the recommended time that it will reflect at the V.O system...Maybe he or she difnt see it that was why they asked for the receipt? So how many days before the interview did u make the payment
pls bro how do Vo know about our sevis payment even without showing them receipt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.