Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792974 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wasiudvd(m): 6:59am On Nov 18, 2018
niightworker:
Good evening guys, I was denied visa on my first interview for an f1 visa. I just made another appointment, and I was scheduled for interview on January 14, but the school resumes on the 11th. Sadly, there are no earlier dates right now. What do I do? Please I need a solution quickly. Thanks.
Abuja still have available date of 27th of this month as at Friday night, and Lagos 2nd of January. Check for Abuja, you will get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Obyknow(m): 8:40am On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=clapper04 post=73062472][/quote]
Statement of result
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 8:41am On Nov 18, 2018
Good day house.
please i recently got admitted into University of North Texas Denton for January 2019. Anybody at UNT in the house?

Secondly, will it still be possible to meet up with the spring 2019 semester? Considering January is just 6 weeks from today and I have to go through the whole i20 process to embassy appointment.

On the average, how long does i20 process to embassy appointment date take?

Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, happyday, 100kobo, GboyegaD, Godchangemylife, pastor Walspring and other gurus here.... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2018
Pls help to review my proposed transcript

VO: Good Morning(with a smile)
Me: Good Morning Ma,(with a smile)
VO: What is your study plan?
Me: I will be taking 64 credit of course work for a period of 24months which some of the courses i will be taking include engineering graphics, Dynamics, Calculus and the likes.
VO:What have you been doing since you finished High School
Me: I enrolled in a computer education centre which I did program on web design using context management system, graphic design ,digital marketing and search engine optimization
VO: What is the name of the place you did the program?
Me: Karrox Computer Education Centre (Obafemi Awolowo Road Osogbo ,Osun State)
VO: Why Associate degree?
Me: I'm going for an associate degree because it's the place I can get so much in depth knowledge on my field of study at an affordable rate before transferring to a 4 years university. It is not really about the associate degree but about what i can acquire and gain during this period before transferring.
VO: What will be your major?
Me: I will be majoring in Electrical Engineering
VO: Why are you planning to continue your education
Me: I wanted to acquire more knowledge and secure better future for myself and family.
VO:Can you not continue your education in your home country.
Me: Of course I can, But If I get to choose between the two I would choose U.S because Its world ranking is higherand it would benefit my future career in a great way.
VO: How many colleges did you applied to?
Me:Just One (prone to edition).
VO: Have you been to the U.S before?
Me: No, I've got no reasons to do that until now.
VO: Did you know your professors ?
Me: Yes
VO: What are their names ?
Me: Professor Michael Kaye(Our Program Coordinator).
VO:Which city is your school located in ?
Me: Baltimore
VO: What are your test scores?
Me: No, It wasn't required.
VO: How will you manage the cultural and Educational differences
Me: I will try my best to observe my surroundings and adjust myself to the life in the US. I fully understand that a different country means different value, aspects, culture and system, So it is my responsibility to adapt myself to my present environment as fast as possible to focus on my studies.
VO: Can I see your high school doploma?
Me: Of Course Yes, (Passed the documents)
VO: How did you plan to fund the entire duration of your education?
Me: My Dad will sponsor me
VO: How much does your school cost ?
Me: About $19k as stated on my I-20
VO: What is you sponsor's Occupation
Me: He works at ***** place as the Director of works and services
VO:Do you have a copy of his bank statements?
Me: Yes
VO Do you have relatives or friends currently in the U.S?q
Me:Yes I have an Aunt
VO: Do you have a job or career in mind after graduation
Me: No
VO: Congratulations, I will be approving you visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
niightworker:
Good evening guys, I was denied visa on my first interview for an f1 visa. I just made another appointment, and I was scheduled for interview on January 14, but the school resumes on the 11th. Sadly, there are no earlier dates right now. What do I do? Please I need a solution quickly. Thanks.
Keep checking if u will see a closer date,surely you will see,and do not hesitate to reschedule once u do. Check especially at nights and early morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by akpumping30(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2018
Good day house
I got admitted to South West Minnesota state University for Spring semester, but I didn't get my I-20 yet , plz can I still meet up with the School because the school will resume Jan 12
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nasjeje: 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sherryowodunni:

I have done my own ijmb transcript,in case you need to do yours,you can contact mel

HI Sherryowodunni, kindly assist me on how you did your IJMB evaluation. I mean how did you send it to WES. I did my ijmb in ibadan 2005.
Contact me on this email nasjeje@gmail.com.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Chidon360:

Congrats bro. Pls which proof of return did you show? Which document, I need to know please

me too..show us a sample of the proof of return..thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folmus: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
nelronaldo:
Good day house.
please i recently got admitted into University of North Texas Denton for January 2019. Anybody at UNT in the house?

Secondly, will it still be possible to meet up with the spring 2019 semester? Considering January is just 6 weeks from today and I have to go through the whole i20 process to embassy appointment.

On the average, how long does i20 process to embassy appointment date take?

Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, happyday, 100kobo, GboyegaD, Godchangemylife, pastor Walspring and other gurus here.... Thanks

If you have sent your bank statement alongside your supporting documents, it is easier. Just request the i20 ship by courier which you are going to pay for. 3-5days. But if you haven't sent it, then you might be delayed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
folmus:

If you have sent your bank statement alongside your supporting documents, it is easier. Just request the i20 ship by courier which you are going to pay for. 3-5days. But if you haven't sent it, then you might be delayed.
I haven't yet.. the school made their decision a couple of days ago.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folmus: 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
teepee4Him:

Commercial banks require return ticket to sell PTA. Denied at UBA for that reason.

This isn't true. That's untenable generalization. That UBA said NO doesn't mean all others would do same.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folmus: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
nelronaldo:

I haven't yet.. the school made their decision a couple of days ago.

Has the school requested it? It will cost you fortune sending and receiving SA and i20 respectively using courier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
folmus:

Has the school requested it? It will cost you fortune sending and receiving SA and i20 respectively using courier.
Yes they have requested it. It's just the timing. If there is enough time to complete the whole process via its fastest means before January
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lilaf: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student in the US. I have been in the US since August. I was single when I got the Visa, but I got married before leaving for the US. Now my husband wants to come visiting.

It is kind of complicated though because on my profile with the US, am still single and even my school is not aware am married. while I got the admission, I was single.Also note that my husband has no travel history.

We don't know if I can explain to the school and probably show them proof that we are married just to get f2. on the other hand I feel it's a bit strange because getting I-20 for him means he is dependant on me. I feel it's easier for a female to claim she is dependent on her husband.

or should he just apply for a visa B1 Visa.

please guys, need suggestions on how my husband and I can go about this.

And am still very much grateful for the assistance you all rendered in tutoring me for my successful interview in June.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
teepee4Him:

Commercial banks require return ticket to sell PTA. Denied at UBA for that reason.

There no much difference between black market and bank.... so paying that extra or double price for return ticket is not worth it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jerido: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
Jerido:

If asked why I was denied visa in the first place,
Is it OK to tell V. O that I was unable to convince the Consular Officer about my academic objectives..

If asked why the change from Wayne State University(Industrial Engineering) to ETSU (Engineering Technology) , why ETSU now. Is it OK tell the V.O that I have an offer of 50% scholarship from the school and Which would help me conveniently offset some bills, that can be used for other project..

My next interview is 29th of Nov.

Please I need help here... 100Kobo and Lagosismyhome, walspring, and the rest members of this great family. Thanks.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Atunde5: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
My interview is on Tuesday and now that the federal government has declared it as holiday, will it affect US embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
Atunde5:
My interview is on Tuesday and now that the federal government has declared it as holiday, will it affect US embassy?

Tunde my man. I wish you all the best in your visa interview. Well I don't think it will affect it but let the gurus in the house clarify better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Munix(m): 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
wasiudvd:

Please, can you mail it to me also?
Thanks.
please I need that too. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Lilaf:
Hello everyone,

B1/B2 is his safest option. He will then need to relate the picture you just created above in a convincing fashion to the VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Atunde5:
The US embassy operates within the ambit of the laws of it's host country. So yes, your interview would be rescheduled owing to the holiday.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lilaf: 2:32am On Nov 19, 2018
100kobo:

B1/B2 is his safest option. He will then need to relate the picture you just created above in a convincing fashion to the VO.

thanks so much for your suggestion. May God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lilaf: 2:38am On Nov 19, 2018
Atunde5:

it is better you call to confirm. if you do not get a mail by monday for rescheduling, I will advise you go for your interview on Tuesday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 4:43am On Nov 19, 2018
Lilaf:
Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student in the US. I have been in the US since August. I was single when I got the Visa, but I got married before leaving for the US. Now my husband wants to come visiting.

It is kind of complicated though because on my profile with the US, am still single and even my school is not aware am married. while I got the admission, I was single.Also note that my husband has no travel history.

We don't know if I can explain to the school and probably show them proof that we are married just to get f2. on the other hand I feel it's a bit strange because getting I-20 for him means he is dependant on me. I feel it's easier for a female to claim she is dependent on her husband.

And am still very much grateful for the assistance you all rendered in tutoring me for my successful interview in June.

Technically speaking it would be hard for him to get a F2 visa because like F1 visa, he won't be able to work. So a VO might doubt if a grown up, fully fledged man would sit idle for the entire duration of your program.
Secondly, he would be dependent on you. I don't know your funding capability or the amount you showed on your statement of account during your interview. You might be dependent on a sponsor, then you now want to carry a grown up man to be dependent on you or on a sponsor. The man in question would the sit idle for 2years.
My advice would be for him to try his luck with Visiting visa. He should not even bring you into the picture because your profile with the US embassy currently show "ummaried". He won't get the chance to explain how you guys got married within a few weeks/months of you getting your visa and you travelling out the country. The VO might see it as a well rehearsed scheme. This just sound the same as not being pregnant before visiting visa interview, then getting pregnant after interview and subsequently giving birth in the US. The VO always see it as you lied to them during your interview
It's just my opinion o.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 4:46am On Nov 19, 2018
Saw this on a board and felt it might help someone

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 4:49am On Nov 19, 2018
And this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 4:53am On Nov 19, 2018
sheke01:
Saw this on a board and felt it might help someone

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 4:54am On Nov 19, 2018
Vo: How many schools did you applied for and how many gave you admission?

Answer1: I applied to 3 schools only 1 gave me admission
Answer 2: I applied to 2 schools only 1 gave me admission

please house, which of these is the best answer to the question as a serious MBA student, I actually applied to 3 schools, no standardized tests only WES evaluation was required, I got admitted to 1 for MBA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 4:58am On Nov 19, 2018
Enasdan:

please house, which of these is the best answer to the question as a serious MBA student, I actually applied to 3 schools, no standardized tests only WES evaluation was required, I got admitted to 1 for MBA
The best answer is to tell the VO how many schools you ACTUALLY APPLIED to

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 6:17am On Nov 19, 2018
Enasdan:

hmmm what are the schools pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jerido: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2018
Jerido:

If asked why I was denied visa in the first place,
Is it OK to tell V. O that I was unable to convince the Consular Officer about my academic objectives..

If asked why the change from Wayne State University(Industrial Engineering) to ETSU (Engineering Technology) , why ETSU now. Is it OK tell the V.O that I have an offer of 50% scholarship from the school and Which would help me conveniently offset some bills, that can be used for other project..

My next interview is 29th of Nov.

Please I need help here... 100Kobo and Lagosismyhome, walspring, and the rest members of this great family. Thanks.

Good morning all. Please let's reason this together. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2018
Olalekank:

The best answer is to tell the VO how many schools you ACTUALLY APPLIED to
thanks, only one school gave me admission, hope that is safe is to say to a vo

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.