Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,484 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797026 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2018
Enasdan:
thanks, only one school gave me admission, hope that is safe is to say to a vo
Definitely yes!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 7:43am On Nov 19, 2018
Enasdan:
thanks, only one school gave me admission, hope that is safe is to say to a vo

It's safe, there is a reason you choose the school that accepted you in the first place.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 10:02am On Nov 19, 2018
Enasdan:
Vo: How many schools did you applied for and how many gave you admission?

Answer1: I applied to 3 schools only 1 gave me admission
Answer 2: I applied to 2 schools only 1 gave me admission

please house, which of these is the best answer to the question as a serious MBA student, I actually applied to 3 schools, no standardized tests only WES evaluation was required, I got admitted to 1 for MBA
The truth.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rekindle(f): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2018
Good morning all..please are there universities i can apply to that accept 2.2/4.0 scale without gre though I am planning to write gre early next year.I will also appreciate if i can the study material for gre.Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 10:37am On Nov 19, 2018
Goodmorning house, please i have a few questions, on the process on applying for my F1 visa. Regarding my Sponsor, a university in Nigeria is willing to be my sponsor as well as providing a sponsor letter, statement of account, they would be paying for my Tuition, accommodation etc. for my Masters program in Emergency Management and Homeland Security (which i have searched and haven't seen anyone with a similar degree) how do i convince the VO on why the University is my sponsor, and while filling the Ds160 form do I fill OTHER where it says who is the sponsor, and what do I state has my relationship to the University... I'm currently compiling my transcript.

Please your advice would be appreciated. Thanks please help is needed urgently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Steveremmy: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
wasiudvd:

Abuja still have available date of 27th of this month as at Friday night, and Lagos 2nd of January. Check for Abuja, you will get.

Pls I am finding it difficult to schedule an appointment.
Thanks. AnticipatIng your swift response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hello wonderful people, please help me scrutinize my transcript. My interview is very close. I'll really appreciate.

VO: Where are you going?
me: I am going to New York to study for my master's degree in Environmental policy and sustainability management.

VO: Why did you select USA for higher studies? isnt this course offered by any university or college in your country?
Me: USA has always been the center of excellence and provides quality education by making students gain knowledge in a practical way as much as possible which cannot be possess anywhere in the world. I need international exposure and USA being the center of inventions and innovations, i could not think of a better place.

VO: why New York?
Me: I chose New York because New York has several top ranked universities, almost all the universities there are within the top 10 or 20 schools (public and private) in the US and have been consistently at the forefront of research, innovation and student success.

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 3 schools.

VO: Name them
Me: Pratt institution, TNS and Yeshiva University

VO: why did you choose this school?
Me: I got impressed with their faculty program and course curriculum.The program structure of their master's degree program in environmental policy and sustainability management is excellent. Before i made up my mind to settle with TNS, i checked the course curriculum from the school website which actually matched my interest. I further got in touch with prof Ana Baptista and Rachael Notto, EPSM ambassador to confirm. They both made me realize that the program offers further areas of specialization and students have the option to create their own specialization which could be in the area of finance or food system or Global urban environment or GIS and Data visualization or environmental justice. I am a GIS Analyst, I have good knowledge of GIS and it has always been my dream to furthermore in GIS as a student of EPSM. I have passion of using GIS for solving Environmental issues such as flood or sea level rise, air and water pollution and food system. These are the most important challenges of the twenty-first century in Nigeria.
Additionally, i got the GIS curriculum from Prof Ana Baptista, i noticed python and R programming language are part of the GIS curriculum. It has always been my desire to learn how to apply these two programming language on the ArcGIS interface as this will increase my Analytical thinking skills and critical thought processes.
Furthermore, Students also get to customize their course of study, focusing broadly on either Environmental policy or sustainability management. My hope is to learn how to turn my passion into impactful ways of addressing environmental issues and design sustainable change using GIS that will benefit Nigeria society for years to come. The program is Flexible for me and convenient for graduate studies.

VO: why do you want to actually apply GIS in sustainability management? why not specialize in other fields such as Global urban environment just like you said earlier
Me: Geography Information system is a powerful tool for environmental data analysis. I believe it allows better viewing and understanding of the physical features and relationships that influence in a given critical environmental condition.

VO: How did you get to know about the school?
Me: I did extensive research online using Academic websites such as US News, Princeton review, education USA and then streamlined my search based on my area of interest and schools that match my ambition and goals.

VO: What will this degree do for you?
Me: this degree will make me a valuable asset and give ne an edge when i come back to Nigeria to resume as an Environmental consultant at my place of work as i have been granted a study leave. I also expect the degree to further equip me to be better in GIS.

VO: why MSc? or why this course?
Me: This course will fortify me with the right skills and qualifications to resume as an Environmental consultant at my place of work here in Nigeria.

Vo: what is your study plan?
Me: The degree requires a total of 42 credits i.e 21 credits in the first year and 21 credits in the second year. I will be taking 12 credit i.e 4 courses in the spring and 9 credits i.e 3 courses in the falls semester . for the spring, i will be offering
1. GEographic Information system by Dr xyz
2. NEPS 5001- Climate Change by Dr xyz
3. NURP 5001 - Economic for management and public policy by Dr XYZ
4. NEPS 5005 - Leadership for sustainabilty and environmental polic by Dr XYZ

VO: tell me about your academic background.
Me: I studied Applied Geology at Federal University of technology,Akure and i graduated in 2016. I was ranked among the top 10% in a class of about 60.

VO: What have you been doing since you graduated?
Me: I went for NYSC in January 2017. I served as a geography teacher in a private secondary school which i completed in December 2018.I went for professional courses in GIS in January 2018 and because of my excellent performance, I got an offer as a GIS Analyst in April 2018. I have been working with the company ever since.

VO: How is Applied Goelogy related to Environmental policy and sustainability management?
Me: As a graduate in Applied Geology, I encountered Science, engineering and management courses in the broadest sense. During my Undergraduate level, I studied environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental management which are the prerequisite for EPSM.

VO: What is your work about?
Me: 1. I build digital database, gathering and verifying information in the field.
2. I produce up to date maps using multiple data set to customize information for a particular industries and audiences.
Presently, the company is involved in a project which is supported by Environmental system research institute (ESRI). BAsically what i do in the project includes:
1. Enhancing Geography information system and geographic learning in Nigeria schools through the introduction of ArcGIS online into classroom across the country.
2. Enlightening students the importance of geography in various fieldsof life such as climate, economic needs of people, mineral wealth etc.

VO: what is your intent after study?
Me: After studies, I intend to resume as an Environmental consultant at my place of work here in NIgeria.

Vo: How much is your tuition fee?
Me: My tuition is $33,686, living expenses is $20,160, books and supplies is $2,050. The school estimated budget for me in a year is $55,896.

VO: Who is your Sponsor?
Me: I secured a loan from Sallie Mae student loan. the lender was recommended to me by Juliette who is my financial aid counselor at TNS because the school have good records with the lender and the loan is ready to be disbbursed on the 16th jan, 2019 (i have the loan document to present). My two brothers will be responsible for paying back the loan. presently, my brother in China had pledged to support me with $xxxx for year one while my brother in New York will handle the rest. (I have evidence of the pledged document and support letter from my two brothers). I strongly believe that the loan will be paid back within a very short period of time.
I was also awarded the provost scholarship which covers 50% of the total tuition each semester. In addition, I was also awarded the executive deans scholarship which is an additional $2000 each semester for 2 academic years of study. Furhermore, My employer will be supporting with a total of $6000 for the two academic years of study. ( I have all the supporting documents for the scholarship, bank statements, leave letter from employer to present).

VO: What are your brothers into?
Me: My brother in china is a business administrator instructor at XYZ university in China, he is also a business man, he ships goods fom china to Nigeria while my brother in New york is the Head of school at XYZ high school in New york, he has worked as a co-ordinator assistant principal and a principal for NYCDOE.

VO: why would your brothers be sponsoring you?
Me: Aside from the fact that they are willingly and capable, they have been the major driving force behind my education. They have been responsible for my welfare since high school.

VO: What is Program Commencement and completion date?
Me: The program commencement date is 16 jan 2019 and the completion date is 31 dec 2020.

VO: How will you manage the cultural and Educational differences
Me: I will try my best to observe my surroundings and adjust myself to the life in the US. I fully understand that a different country means different value, aspects, culture and system, So it is my responsibility to adapt myself to my present environment as fast as possible to focus on my studies.

Vo: Any standardized test:
Me: Yes, i took GRE. it was actually optional and and it wasnt used for my admission application but i will still take it during my first year of studies because the school use to save it in their database. ( I am actually saying i will take it during my first year of studies because i scored low in GRE and truly it wasnt used).

Please help me with correction. Help me scrutinize my proposed transcript. I'll really appreciate. my interview is really close.

Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, happyday, 100kobo, GboyegaD, Godchangemylife, pastor Walspring and other gurus here.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lilaf: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
sheke01:

Technically speaking it would be hard for him to get a F2 visa because like F1 visa, he won't be able to work. So a VO might doubt if a grown up, fully fledged man would sit idle for the entire duration of your program.
Secondly, he would be dependent on you. I don't know your funding capability or the amount you showed on your statement of account during your interview. You might be dependent on a sponsor, then you now want to carry a grown up man to be dependent on you or on a sponsor. The man in question would the sit idle for 2years.
My advice would be for him to try his luck with Visiting visa. He should not even bring you into the picture because your profile with the US embassy currently show "ummaried". He won't get the chance to explain how you guys got married within a few weeks/months of you getting your visa and you travelling out the country. The VO might see it as a well rehearsed scheme. This just sound the same as not being pregnant before visiting visa interview, then getting pregnant after interview and subsequently giving birth in the US. The VO always see it as you lied to them during your interview
It's just my opinion o.

thanks for your suggestion. May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
I want to read successful transcripts, what is happening

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Favour all around me next month

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
AmaSophy:

My dear, rather than do this, please avoid mentioning them since they are not your sponsors. If the VO should ask, just say they are old and retired. Somethings are also better not said especially in a public forum as this all because of a Visa. Also, going to the extent of having a newspaper publication dispensing them would only pose more very sensitive and tactical questions from the VO that I am sure you might not be able to defend. Cast that thought out brother! People got their visas without their parents too so that's that. Good luck to you.

If I omitt this information about my parents on my ds-160, won't they find out when they're verifying it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
Bunmip:
Hello wonderful people, please help me scrutinize my transcript. My interview is very close. I'll really appreciate.

me: I am going to New York to study for my master's degree in Environmental policy and sustainability management.

VO: Why did you select USA for higher studies? isnt this course offered by any university or college in your country?
Me: USA has always been the center of excellence and provides quality education by making students gain knowledge in a practical way as much as possible which cannot be possess anywhere in the world. I need international exposure and USA being the center of inventions and innovations, i could not think of a better place.

Me: I chose New York because New York has several top ranked universities, almost all the universities there are within the top 10 or 20 schools (public and private) in the US and have been consistently at the forefront of research, innovation and student success.

Me: I got impressed with their faculty program and course curriculum.The program structure of their master's degree program in environmental policy and sustainability management is excellent. Before i made up my mind to settle with TNS, i checked the course curriculum from the school website which actually matched my interest. I further got in touch with prof Ana Baptista and Rachael Notto, EPSM ambassador to confirm. They both made me realize that the program offers further areas of specialization and students have the option to create their own specialization which could be in the area of finance or food system or Global urban environment or GIS and Data visualization or environmental justice. I am a GIS Analyst, I have good knowledge of GIS and it has always been my dream to furthermore in GIS as a student of EPSM. I have passion of using GIS for solving Environmental issues such as flood or sea level rise, air and water pollution and food system. These are the most important challenges of the twenty-first century in Nigeria.
Additionally, i got the GIS curriculum from Prof Ana Baptista, i noticed python and R programming language are part of the GIS curriculum. It has always been my desire to learn how to apply these two programming language on the ArcGIS interface as this will increase my Analytical thinking skills and critical thought processes.
Furthermore, Students also get to customize their course of study, focusing broadly on either Environmental policy or sustainability management. My hope is to learn how to turn my passion into impactful ways of addressing environmental issues and design sustainable change using GIS that will benefit Nigeria society for years to come. The program is Flexible for me and convenient for graduate studies.

VO: why do you want to actually apply GIS in sustainability management? why not specialize in other fields such as Global urban environment just like you said earlier
Me: Geography Information system is a powerful tool for environmental data analysis. I believe it allows better viewing and understanding of the physical features and relationships that influence in a given critical environmental condition.

Me: I did extensive research online using Academic websites such as US News, Princeton review, education USA and then streamlined my search based on my area of interest and schools that match my ambition and goals.

Me: this degree will make me a valuable asset and give ne an edge when i come back to Nigeria to resume as an Environmental consultant at my place of work as i have been granted a study leave. I also expect the degree to further equip me to be better in GIS.

Me: This course will fortify me with the right skills and qualifications to resume as an Environmental consultant at my place of work here in Nigeria.

Me: The degree requires a total of 42 credits i.e 21 credits in the first year and 21 credits in the second year. I will be taking 12 credit i.e 4 courses in the spring and 9 credits i.e 3 courses in the falls semester . for the spring, i will be offering

Me: I studied Applied Geology at Federal University of technology,Akure and i graduated in 2016. I was ranked among the top 10% in a class of about 60.

Me: I went for NYSC in January 2017. I served as a geography teacher in a private secondary school which i completed in December 2018.I went for professional courses in GIS in January 2018 and because of my excellent performance, I got an offer as a GIS Analyst in April 2018. I have been working with the company ever since.

VO: How is Applied Goelogy related to Environmental policy and sustainability management?
Me: As a graduate in Applied Geology, I encountered Science, engineering and management courses in the broadest sense. During my Undergraduate level, I studied environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental management which are the prerequisite for EPSM.

Me: 1. I build digital database, gathering and verifying information in the field.
2. I produce up to date maps using multiple data set to customize information for a particular industries and audiences.
Presently, the company is involved in a project which is supported by Environmental system research institute (ESRI). BAsically what i do in the project includes:
1. Enhancing Geography information system and geographic learning in Nigeria schools through the introduction of ArcGIS online into classroom across the country.
2. Enlightening students the importance of geography in various fieldsof life such as climate, economic needs of people, mineral wealth etc.

Me: After studies, I intend to resume as an Environmental consultant at my place of work here in NIgeria.

Me: My tuition is $33,686, living expenses is $20,160, books and supplies is $2,050. The school estimated budget for me in a year is $55,896.

Me: I secured a loan from Sallie Mae student loan. the lender was recommended to me by Juliette who is my financial aid counselor at TNS because the school have good records with the lender and the loan is ready to be disbbursed on the 16th jan, 2019 (i have the loan document to present). My two brothers will be responsible for paying back the loan. presently, my brother in China had pledged to support me with $xxxx for year one while my brother in New York will handle the rest. (I have evidence of the pledged document and support letter from my two brothers). I strongly believe that the loan will be paid back within a very short period of time.
I was also awarded the provost scholarship which covers 50% of the total tuition each semester. In addition, I was also awarded the executive deans scholarship which is an additional $2000 each semester for 2 academic years of study. Furhermore, My employer will be supporting with a total of $6000 for the two academic years of study. ( I have all the supporting documents for the scholarship, bank statements, leave letter from employer to present).

Me: My brother in china is a business administrator instructor at XYZ university in China, he is also a business man, he ships goods fom china to Nigeria while my brother in New york is the Head of school at XYZ high school in New york, he has worked as a co-ordinator assistant principal and a principal for NYCDOE.

Me: Aside from the fact that they are willingly and capable, they have been the major driving force behind my education. They have been responsible for my welfare since high school.

Me: The program commencement date is 16 jan 2019 and the completion date is 31 dec 2020.

Me: I will try my best to observe my surroundings and adjust myself to the life in the US. I fully understand that a different country means different value, aspects, culture and system, So it is my responsibility to adapt myself to my present environment as fast as possible to focus on my studies.

Me: Yes, i took GRE. it was actually optional and and it wasnt used for my admission application but i will still take it during my first year of studies because the school use to save it in their database. ( I am actually saying i will take it during my first year of studies because i scored low in GRE and truly it wasnt used).

Please help me with correction. Help me scrutinize my proposed transcript. I'll really appreciate. my interview is really close.

Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, happyday, 100kobo, GboyegaD, Godchangemylife, pastor Walspring and other gurus here.

You have done nice to put this up for your defence and also I am sure that bosses in the house will surely do justice, but sincerely, NO verification officer will listen this much to all that you have to offer.

You have more than enough to dish out, but probably you should read those transcripts attached at the first page of this thread to see how it goes when being interviewed at the US Embassy....

We also have latest transcripts on some of the pages, although few successful ones in the past few months...

Please, it is far more than what one can start scrutinizing in bits, so I will advise you take time to read transcripts again, and scrutinize yours into short sentences for each response, as almost all needs to be touched.

I am just paving way for senior colleagues in the house.

Obviously, it's in you, so, Go for Gold.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
Pls pardon me guys. I have been a silent reader of this thread and i can't help but notice that most people do not gun for top schools like the Indian counterparts. Why is that i must ask. In fact i have come across some "strange schools" since reading this thread. Pls can someone pls enlighten me on the reason why top schools are looking like a phobia for Nigerians. #honestQuestion

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lilaf: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
Bunmip:

I will advise you not to talk about the loan. your scholarship and your two brothers will suffice. talking about the loan might be used against you by the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
Lilaf:

I will advise you not to talk about the loan. your scholarship and your two brothers will suffice. talking about the loan might be used against you by the VO.

Thank you for your contribution. I really appreciate But the loan is indicated on my I-20 which i think i need to defend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Rytefish:

You have done nice to put this up for your defence and also I am sure that bosses in the house will surely do justice, but sincerely, NO verification officer will listen this much to all that you have to offer.

You have more than enough to dish out, but probably you should read those transcripts attached at the first page of this thread to see how it goes when being interviewed at the US Embassy....

We also have latest transcripts on some of the pages, although few successful ones in the past few months...

Please, it is far more than what one can start scrutinizing in bits, so I will advise you take time to read transcripts again, and scrutinize yours into short sentences for each response, as almost all needs to be touched.

I am just paving way for senior colleagues in the house.

Obviously, it's in you, so, Go for Gold.

Thank you. I'll work on it, just that everything i mentioned is important. I'll really work on summarizing my points. Thank you so much. I really appreciate.

Please I need more gurus in the house to help me scrutinize my proposed transcript so as to work on it before time. I have few days left. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Steveremmy: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Steveremmy:

Pls I am finding it difficult to schedule an appointment.
Thanks. AnticipatIng your swift response

Someone pls help a brother out on how to go about this.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Neoviper147: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
Just a question.

So my cousin and her husband initially applied for Canada through the Canadian Express program, unfortunately. They didn't get the Visa, that was in 2016.

Now, she is applying for a school program in the US.
I believe the US Embassy is going to find out that she has been denied Visa before by the Canadian consulate.

Would this not affect her chances of getting the student visa?
She is married but she plan filling her phone as single instead of married.

What is your advice.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Neoviper147: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Apartment for Shared or Rent in Colorado (Temp).

If there is any student coming to school in Colorado,
My have a rented apartment which I dont live in because of the nature of job.(I work for GE so I travel to work). I pay more than $1k every month and I dont live there.
If there is a Nigerian student coming to school in Colorado, we can share the rent as they live there.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
Neoviper147:
Just a question.

So my cousin and her husband initially applied for Canada through the Canadian Express program, unfortunately. They didn't get the Visa, that was in 2016.

Now, she is applying for a school program in the US.
I believe the US Embassy is going to find out that she has been denied Visa before by the Canadian consulate.

Would this not affect her chances of getting the student visa?
She is married but she plan filling her phone as single instead of married.

What is your advice.
Thank you.

We know "she" is you!!!

People like you are the ones making Visas difficult for genuine applicant..

After destroying the changes of getting a Visit visa, y'all want to also destroy the chances of getting a student visa.

Wait, why on earth would you lie about your marital status?? Asin denial your spouse And maybe children...

May she or you not be granted the visa!

Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bujebudanu1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

We know "she" is you!!!

After destroying the changes of getting a Visit visa, y'all want to also destroy the chances of getting a student visa.

Wait, why on earth would you lie about your marital status?? Asin denial your spouse And maybe children...

Nonsense!!!

Can you see that the poster said he travels to work in Colorado .

Pls read again.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

We know "she" is you!!!

Nonsense!!!
Hello,

Why would you just put it to her/him that she's the one in disguise with neither proof nor evidence.

Is that a lie ? If yes there is reason(s) for every actions. If that's what going to be the best to her let her do in as much she ready to face the outcome of her actions.

Stop acting like you're the holiest on earth. I assume people like you are just hypocrite. You pretend to the world like you're doing the right thing absolutely but deep inside of you is full of illegal stuff

To worsen it all You said he or she wouldn't be granted visa like yours is sure. Be nice! not everyone has the privileges you have

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
CuteRedd:
Pls pardon me guys. I have been a silent reader of this thread and i can't help but notice that most people do not gun for top schools like the Indian counterparts. Why is that i must ask. In fact i have come across some "strange schools" since reading this thread. Pls can someone pls enlighten me on the reason why top schools are looking like a phobia for Nigerians. #honestQuestion

Indians score like 325 in GRE

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
CuteRedd:

I can't help but agree with you on this observation. I am not not sure why this is so. I wouldn't want to assume anything, but it seems these days, people tend to be more interested in programmes that can waive the GRE rather than aim to get good scores on the GRE and apply to competitive programmes. The trend on this forum a few years back when I was applying to graduate programmes, was to apply to at least 2-3 programmes in the top 10 and then spread other applications to programmes ranked between 11-50. Many got admissions to top 10 programmes and a lot more to top 20 programmes. I know of a friend who had a GRE score of 1200 (old GRE format), which wasn't the most exceptional score, who still got admitted to both Harvard and John Hopkins. I still believe the benefits of attending top ranked programmes are very obvious. If a candidate's application profile is at least above average, why not give it a shot and see what happens, while also applying to mid-tier programmes as a safety net.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
Lotechi:
please do

Here's a link to a google drive where you can access the document.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B4p539SUDQ6VBL-VcEKNEIUAnQlUT7TZ

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lotechi(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
Timotee:

Here's a link to a google drive where you can access the document.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B4p539SUDQ6VBL-VcEKNEIUAnQlUT7TZ

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
CuteRedd:
Don't be deceived by what you see here, many Nigerians are in top business/Engineering schools across the US. Its only on Nairaland you will see all these strange name schools. The major factors are Laziness, people not ready to put it the work required ,not thinking long term and not really about the education for them but just to escape from Nigeria. Its also partially due to the fact that most unknown schools tend to attract average students with funding/waiver easily. However, people will always counter this with 'not everyone will attend a top school'.

If you have a dream to attend a top school, pursue it and don't be discouraged. Its not as hard as people think. Many Nigerians are in top programs in Berkely, Duke, Purdue, College station, VT, GT etc and those Nigerians are not Newton nor Eistein

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Judgepelumi(m): 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
teepee4Him:

Thanks, bro. Do you have any suggestion?
BDC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Judgepelumi(m): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
GboyegaD:

You can on a one way ticket. Many new immigrants to Canada got on their one way tickets.
That can't have happened recently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Godchangemylife:

Hello,

Why would you just put it to her/him that she's the one in disguise with neither proof nor evidence.

Is that a lie ? If yes there is reason(s) for every actions. If that's what going to be the best to her let her do in as much she ready to face the outcome of her actions.

Stop acting like you're the holiest on earth. I assume people like you are just hypocrite. You pretend to the world like you're doing the right thing absolutely but deep inside of you is full of illegal stuff

To worsen it all You said he or she wouldn't be granted visa like yours is sure. Be nice! not everyone has the privileges you have

Can you shut up already

So, there is a valid reason for wanting to engage in fraud??

So our thieving politicians should be let off the hook because they have "reasons ".

What do you mean by ready to face actions when her actions will directly affect thousands of applications??

The US didn't use to verify SOA, now they do because of people like her who willingly engage in illegal activities and people like you who are quick to support them.

Don't worry..... Just as Nigerians aren't eligible for Visa lottery, A time will come, we won't be eligible for visas to Western countries...

Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

Can you shut up already

So, there is a valid reason for wanting to engage in fraud??

So our thieving politicians should be let off the hook because they have "reasons ".

What do you mean by ready to face actions when her actions will directly affect thousands of applications??

The US didn't use to verify SOA, now they do because of people like her who willingly engage in illegal activities and people like you who are quick to support them.

Don't worry..... Just as Nigerians aren't eligible for Visa lottery, A time will come, we won't be eligible for visas to Western countries...

Nonsense.

I would've loved to shut up but my conscience pushed me otherwise.

I wouldn't try explaining anything because the more I do the more you don't understand. I wouldn't want an unnecessary arguments here so as the main motive behind the 'thread' can be attended to.

Let's just end this here .

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.