Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795440 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
Jpoppins:
Thanks for earlier guys , please o I printed my ds 160 confirmation page now and there is no barcode on it and there is supposed to be barcode
I will not kill myself grin just logged in directly , discovered it’s the pdf they’re sending to my mail that doesn’t have bar code so I have to print directly from the site . God will not let me give myself high blood pressure

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by derrydinny: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2018
guys please help me, I want to get out of this country to study in america, please, someone should please help me with the tips or a link where I can get them. preferred course is comouter science/games development but if I see anything that requires mathematics, I can do it. Please help a brother, this ASUU strike is killing me

just please help me with how I can get admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
derrydinny:
guys please help me, I want to get out of this country to study in america, please, someone should please help me with the tips or a link where I can get them. preferred course is comouter science/games development but if I see anything that requires mathematics, I can do it. Please help a brother, this ASUU strike is killing me

just please help me with how I can get admission

First thing you do here is to drop your profile.

The ASUU strike is 'killing' many
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by derrydinny: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2018
Godchangemylife:

First thing you do here is to drop your profile.
The ASUU strike is 'killing' many
drop profile as in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2018
derrydinny:
drop profile as in?
Your level of studies,I guess undergraduate
Your certifications
Your age if you can.

But generally you would need to take some tests most particularly
SAT for UnderG
GRE for Graduate
And TOEFL for the two.
Most schools requires WES Evaluation.

You will search for schools that suit your budget financially and academically.
Work and aim high score in your test and the apply to the schools and get admitted.

Ask questions if any part is unclear to you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elhadji19: 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
@ ibksolar, thanks for the information on NRT research application. I tried to visit the website but it is not going through. I have master degree and bachelor degree in civil engineering. Am interested in the PhD aspect. I will like to get more information about this.if it is possible, I can visit Kansas State University. In USA already, more information will be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sirtenburg(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2018
Good evening to you all. I just realised I made a mistake on my ds160, instead of 29months I indicated 18 months for my duration ofstudy..on my I20 the start date is January10 2019 to may31st 2021..should I tell the v.o before the proper interview or I should ignore it? going for my mba at ashland university,ohio and my interview is on 5th of Dec
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2018
tolatof:
Hi Guys,

For Guys going in for their interviews, please have a "Strong, Convincing but short answer" to the following questions:

Why are you going to the US?
Why you not pursuing it here in Nigeria?
How did you hear of this school?
Why this course?
Will you be specializing?
Tell me about it?
What will an MSC do for you?
How many schools did you apply to?
Name them?
What is the relationship between all these schools?
Why did you choose this school?
Did you take any standardized test?
What did you score?
Who is sponsoring you?
What does he/she do?
Where would you be staying over at the university?
Tell me your about study plan?
Plans after graduation?
will you be receiving a monthly stipend?
Do you have an idea how much that is?
when did you finish University?
What have you been doing since then?

General Tips:
1. Do not cram your answers but have an idea of all you are going to say. Easier that way to build your sentences when you forget what you planned to say.
2. While waiting on the queue, listen to all the questions asked by the VOs to applicants ahead of you and build strong answers there on the queue (if you did not prepare for such questions)
3. Do not fret, do not let the numerous blue papers issued out make you lose your confidence
4. Do not answer what you are not asked.
5. If you have funding or impressive GRE/GMAT/SAT scores, please try to talk about your scores in one of your answers early in your interview. Please be reasonable.
(VO: How are you?
You: I have funding/ I scored 326/340) OYO oooo
6. Do not set yourself up. Dont start talking too much on things you do not have knowledge about, it will lead to more questions.
7. PRAY LIKE YOU NEVER PREPARED
PREPARE LIKE THERE'S NO GOD.

Goodluck

Part 13 advice from my oga, Tolatof for president! grin

This would help someone most definitely!

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by felixboye1(m): 11:41pm On Dec 01, 2018
Please somebody in the house. I asked someone in the US to help make $200 payment for my Sevis fee from the Western Union shop close to her. I gave her $200 naira equivalent. She is asking me if she isn't going to pay additional charges on the $200 Sevis fee. Please I need clarification from those who previously paid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Judgepelumi(m): 12:25am On Dec 02, 2018
felixboye1:
Please somebody in the house. I asked someone in the US to help make $200 payment for my Sevis fee from the Western Union shop close to her. I gave her $200 naira equivalent. She is asking me if she isn't going to pay additional charges on the $200 Sevis fee. Please I need clarification from those who previously2 paid.
Just $10
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2018
felixboye1:
Please somebody in the house. I asked someone in the US to help make $200 payment for my Sevis fee from the Western Union shop close to her. I gave her $200 naira equivalent. She is asking me if she isn't going to pay additional charges on the $200 Sevis fee. Please I need clarification from those who previously paid.
This is the easiest way, she should ask for a quick pay form all she need to fill on that is the SEVISFEE AS THE COMPANY NAME AND YOUR COUPON NUMBER GENERATED ON THE I90 WEBSITE. THEN SHE PAYS 2DOLLARS AS CHARGES AND BOOM YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL OF SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT.
DONT BUY MONEY ORDER O. THAT TAKES TIME AND SUBSEQUENT PROCESSES

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by derrydinny: 7:49am On Dec 02, 2018
Godchangemylife:

Your level of studies,I guess undergraduate
Your certifications
Your age if you can.

But generally you would need to take some tests most particularly
SAT for UnderG
GRE for Graduate
And TOEFL for the two.
Most schools requires WES Evaluation.

You will search for schools that suit your budget financially and academically.
Work and aim high score in your test and the apply to the schools and get admitted.

Ask questions if any part is unclear to you.
level of studies is undergraduate
certifications are waec(I don't understand this clearly)
age is 18

how much is the cost of taking a GRE and TOEFL and how hard are they, what are the subjects also? what is WES evaluation please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 7:54am On Dec 02, 2018
Double post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 02, 2018
derrydinny:
level of studies is undergraduate
certifications are waec(I don't understand this clearly)
age is 18

how much is the cost of taking a GRE and TOEFL and how hard are they, what are the subjects also? what is WES evaluation please?
World Education Services (WES) is a nonprofit organization that provides credential evaluations for international students and immigrants planning to study or work in the U.S. and Canada.
You're going to take SAT and not GRE
GRE is for the graduates SAT is for the UnderGs
SAT and TOEFL ,Typically cost #45k each.
SAT is a combination of Math and English.
TOEFL is a combination of Writing, Speaking, Listening and Reading.
How hard it is might depend on how hard you prepared.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by derrydinny: 9:11am On Dec 02, 2018
Godchangemylife:

World Education Services (WES) is a nonprofit organization that provides credential evaluations for international students and immigrants planning to study or work in the U.S. and Canada.
You're going to take SAT and not GRE
GRE is for the graduates SAT is for the UnderGs
SAT and TOEFL ,Typically cost #45k each.
SAT is a combination of Math and English.
TOEFL is a combination of Writing, Speaking, Listening and Reading.
How hard it is might depend on how hard you prepared.
thanks bro, I am very good in maths and not poor in English, I can pass the exams if I study hard, thanks a lot

but is it also possible to gain admission without doing both?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 02, 2018
derrydinny:
thanks bro, I am very good in maths and not poor in English, I can pass the exams if I study hard, thanks a lot

but is it also possible to gain admission without doing both?
yes but most of the schools can be so expensive and might not worth it . But another suggestion is Community College most doesn't require these tests
A community college is a 2-year institution they offer Associate degree and you then transfer to get your bachelor degree at a university for a period of two years. Four all together.
But taking the tests is highly adviced to gain some scholarship If you're not buoyant enough and guarante admission to the top notched schools If you have an high score.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2018
I applied in July with my mom's account and was denied, this time around I want to apply for visa with another school's i20. They offered me full tuition waiver for spring 2019 but my question is can I change my sponsor (for living expenses) because my mom doesn't have money in her account again, is it advisable/okay to change sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2018
yuscodguy:

Pm let me give you a mock interview
check your mail please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2018
@doublezero7 good morning please is there a way i can reach you ? My mail is not going
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2018
Jpoppins:
@doublezero7 good morning please is there a way i can reach you ? My mail is not going

Hello ma'am,

Drop your mail please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Silewinnie1: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2018
Please house, do I need to sign the Student Attestation part and the sponsor part on my form i-20 before going for interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 10:48am On Dec 02, 2018
Silewinnie1:
Please house, do I need to sign the Student Attestation part and the sponsor part on my form i-20 before going for interview?

Sign only the student part. Your sponsor can only sign for you if you are under 18.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Silewinnie1: 10:55am On Dec 02, 2018
[thank you very much sir

Sign only the student part. Your sponsor can only sign for you if you are under 18. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 11:01am On Dec 02, 2018
doublezero7:

Hello ma'am,

Drop your mail please.
Omobolanleyetunde@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by derrydinny: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2018
Godchangemylife:
yes but most of the schools can be so expensive and might not worth it . But another suggestion is Community College most doesn't require these tests
A community college is a 2-year institution they offer Associate degree and you then transfer to get your bachelor degree at a university for a period of two years. Four all together.
But taking the tests is highly adviced to gain some scholarship If you're not buoyant enough and guarante admission to the top notched schools If you have an high score.
thanks bro but do you have an idea of how much community colleges pay as tuition?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 02, 2018
derrydinny:
thanks bro but do you have an idea of how much community colleges pay as tuition?

Can you pm me or email me at adegokefila@gmail.com.
Those infos would be unnecessarily needed here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 11:52am On Dec 02, 2018
Johnolap:
VO: Why did u choose to study in the US instead of Nigeria?
There are universities here in Nigeria that offer Environmental Design and Planning, but they focus more on the theoretical aspect, and do not provide the practical research opportunities for my preferred course.

VO: Tell me your study plans/Program schedule?
I plan to go for PhD in Environmental Design and Planning at Virginia Tech. It will require a total of 90 credit hours including minimum of 30 hours core course work. I will be taking courses like Innovation in Construction, Sustainable facility system, Sustainable Infrastructures system, Principles and practices of Construction, series of independent study, seminars, proposal and dissertation. And after the program I will be coming back to Nigeria to start a lecturing job at my Alma Mata.

VO: How did you get to know about this school?
I did an extensive research online using academic websites such as US News, gradschools, education USA and I focused my search based on my area of interest and schools that match my ambition and goals.

VO: Tell me about your course?
This course, Environmental Design and Planning requires a minimum of 90 credit hours including minimum of 30 credit hours of core courses and I will be offering courses like Innovation in construction, Principles and practices of construction, advanced fundamentals of Construction Management, sustainable infrastructures system. Also at graduation I would have successfully completed qualifying and preliminary exams, proposal defense and dissertation defense.

To ur answer of tell me about this course, u are talking about ur study plan. To this question it will be better to briefly explain ur course and what u will do with it after ur studies.

To ur answer of tell me about ur study plan u can make it stand out by adding the names of the lecturers taking the course. i.e I will be taking 3 credit hours in Innovation and construction which will be taught by Dr Robert Collins...

Out of all ur possible questions outlined u might only be asked just 1/3 it's best if u just put ur foot forward in all situation and give ur best point first for every question.

And ur answer to the how did u find out of this school question which is being asked 90% of the time. I think u can find a more personal answer to it, something unique and captivating. Coz when u start with I did an extensive research the V.O might just cut u short immediately and move to the next question.

All this are just my personal view, but well what do I know

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sensisosu: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
My passport photographs is not getting accepted.. can I submit the ds160 form without attaching a passport photograph ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sensisosu: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
sensisosu:
My passport photographs is not getting accepted.. can I submit the ds160 form without attaching a passport photograph ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
sensisosu:

Please don't! You'd be made to fill another DS-160 and that would cause you issues when you get to the VO!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vandemoo: 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
You can reduce the size in kilobytes and put it in the appropriate dimensions, I think 2x2 inches, you can find out. If the reason why it's rejecting your passport photo is low illumination, you can increase the brightness, most android phones can do this. Don't ever try to submit your ds160 without your photograph on it
sensisosu:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.