Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795528 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by derrydinny: 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2018
Godchangemylife:

Can you pm me or email me at adegokefila@gmail.com. Those infos would be unnecessarily needed here.
okay bro, I'll do that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolap(m): 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
Gent009:

To ur answer of tell me about this course, u are talking about ur study plan. To this question it will be better to briefly explain ur course and what u will do with it after ur studies.

To ur answer of tell me about ur study plan u can make it stand out by adding the names of the lecturers taking the course. i.e I will be taking 3 credit hours in Innovation and construction which will be taught by Dr Robert Collins...

Out of all ur possible questions outlined u might only be asked just 1/3 it's best if u just put ur foot forward in all situation and give ur best point first for every question.

And ur answer to the how did u find out of this school question which is being asked 90% of the time. I think u can find a more personal answer to it, something unique and captivating. Coz when u start with I did an extensive research the V.O might just cut u short immediately and move to the next question.

All this are just my personal view, but well what do I know
Noted. Thanks so much for your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ziondaughter247: 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2018
hello house, am i to fill the national identification column on the ds-160?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by thayor21: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2018
Good afternoon house... Please I want to know if it is possible to reschedule an interview a day to the interview.. Tanks... Having my interview on Tuesday but might not be able to man it.. Tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2018
thayor21:
Good afternoon house... Please I want to know if it is possible to reschedule an interview a day to the interview.. Tanks... Having my interview on Tuesday but might not be able to man it.. Tanks

You can reschedule once i.e. you can pick max 2 set of dates against a visa fee receipt no. After the reschedule, the Reschedule Appointment link on the left is gone!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2018
Adhheir:

You can reschedule twice i.e. you can pick max 3 set of dates against a visa fee receipt no. After the 2nd reschedule, the Reschedule Appointment link on the left is gone!!

You can only reschedule once o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vandemoo: 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
You can click does not apply if you want
ziondaughter247:
hello house, am i to fill the national identification column on the ds-160?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LolaCole1(f): 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2018
[quote author=sensisosu post=73486000][/quote] Download passport photo maker from playstore, on the app set ur passport to USA setting it will be accepted one time

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ziondaughter247: 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
nice thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by felixboye1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2018
donsoj5:

This is the easiest way, she should ask for a quick pay form all she need to fill on that is the SEVISFEE AS THE COMPANY NAME AND YOUR COUPON NUMBER GENERATED ON THE I90 WEBSITE. THEN SHE PAYS 2DOLLARS AS CHARGES AND BOOM YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL OF SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT.
DONT BUY MONEY ORDER O. THAT TAKES TIME AND SUBSEQUENT PROCESSES
Bro, U mean the charge is $2?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oluwatoyinakinb(f): 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hello I need help on what to prepare for I am applying for F2 visa,what are the likely questions I might encounter at the embassy and do I have somebody who have gone for this and the visa was granted.pls contact me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hey! You must apply from your home country. I got your message and have replied. Happy Sunday!
LolaCole1:
Hello, please is it possible to apply for F1 US visa while visiting canada?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2018
The principal applicant should have scheduled the appointment with you. An F2 visa is a dependent for F1 visa. So, may I ask: who is the principal applicant with the F1 (I-20)?? Has the principal applicant gotten his F1 Visa?
Oluwatoyinakinb:
Hello I need help on what to prepare for I am applying for F2 visa,what are the likely questions I might encounter at the embassy and do I have somebody who have gone for this and the visa was granted.pls contact me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2018
fairheart:
Hey! You must apply from your home country. I got your message and have replied. Happy Sunday!

Who says it's a must you apply from your home country ? Don't want to go into this now but not a must.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
Please House, I have a challenge. Don't know if anyone has come across someone with same or similar case as this before.

Here is my issue.
I was previously delayed last year December 2017 and I deferred my admission till Spring 2019. (I paid my SEVIS last year 2nd of November, 2017).

Now my new i20 has arrived but I noticed it has same SEVIS number as I had Last Year. Now on th SEVIS I901 website, they are refusing me from making a fresh SEVIS payment stating the following message:

The information you provided matches payment records already in the system. A new payment may not be required.

We can only accept Check, Money Order or Western Union for your I-901 Fee.

I am confused and stuck as I am hearing sevis expires in a year but yet mine is saying I already having a payment matched in the system.

The SEVIS I901 website after showing an error/ refusal message popping up the screen asked me to mail them for Payment Verification on one email address like that which I have also done and they are yet to reply for over 4 days now.

Who has an idea what else I can do as that's the only thing delaying me from scheduling for an interview and available dates already show January 15th or so. (though I want to book for expedient appointment when I eventually book).

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

Please House, I have a challenge. Don't know if anyone has come across someone with same or similar case as this before.

Here is my issue.
I was previously delayed last year December 2017 and I deferred my admission till Spring 2019. (I paid my SEVIS last year 2nd of November, 2017).

Now my new i20 has arrived but I noticed it has same SEVIS number as I had Last Year. Now on th SEVIS I901 website, they are refusing me from making a fresh SEVIS payment stating the following message:

The information you provided matches payment records already in the system. A new payment may not be required.

I am confused and stuck as I am hearing sevis expires in a year but yet mine is saying I already having a payment matched in the system.

The SEVIS I901 website after showing an error/ refusal message popping up the screen asked me to mail them for Payment Verification on one email address like that which I have also done and they are yet to reply for over 4 days now.

Who has an idea what else I can do as that's the only thing delaying me from scheduling for an interview and available dates already show January 15th or so. (though I want to book for expedient appointment when I eventually book).

Thank you.

Oh I know the issue you are experiencing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
You should elaborate. And let's see the info you've got! We are talking about someone who has Canada tourist visa.
Ubah1:

Who says it's a must you apply from your home country ? Don't want to go into this now but not a must.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Fablancer: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2018
Fablancer:
Please I need help making a decision here.

I applied for student visa this August with Ashland university admission for my masters program, I was denied because of sevis-fee payment. I didn't even get to be interviewed properly.

A friend advised me to search for a new school because Ashland university has low acceptance at the embassy. I decided to forget reapplying immediately and search for a new school.

I applied to Arkansas university Little Rock but was denied admission just last weekend.

Please I want experienced heads here to help me decide on whether to defer my Ashland admission to this spring and go to the embassy with it again or keep looking for a new school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Fablancer: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
[quote author=Fablancer post=73495969][/quote]
Please someone should say something on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2018
Alright. Easy. Count the date. When did you pay the SEVIS fee? (Date) Actually, you may not need another sevis fee payment, especially if it has not expired and if sevis number has not changed.
jerrypeacelinks:

Here is my issue.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2018
fairheart:
Alright. Easy. Count the date. When did you pay the SEVIS fee? (Date) Actually, you may not need another sevis fee payment, especially if it has not expired and if sevis number has not changed.

Thanks for your response. I stated on my earlier post that I paid the SEVIS fee on the 2nd of November, 2017. The SEVIS ID of my new i20 my school issued me presently is same with that of the one they issued last year and that is restricting me from generating a new coupon/ making a new SEVIS payment. I believe the former payment is supposed to be expired but why it still shows PAID on the I901 website is my worry as it ain't allowing me Pay my SEVIS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2018
Someone once told me the SEVIS fee now go beyond the previously stated 12-month validity period. I still haven't been able to verify how true it is. It appear this is true, at least based on what you said in your initial post. In this case, don't stress yourself. Book your appointment and prepare for the interview.
jerrypeacelinks:

Thanks for your response. I stated on my earlier post that I paid the SEVIS fee on the 2nd of November, 2017. The SEVIS ID of my new i20 my school issued me presently is same with that of the one they issued last year and that is restricting me from generating a new coupon/ making a new SEVIS payment. I believe the former payment is supposed to be expired but why it still shows PAID on the I901 website is my worry as it ain't allowing me Pay my SEVIS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2018
fairheart:
Someone once told me the SEVIS fee now go beyond the previously stated 12-month validity period. I still haven't been able to verify how true it is. It appear this is true, at least based on what you said in your initial post. In this case, don't stress yourself. Book your appointment and prepare for the interview.

In as much as I felt a lot of excitement reading this from you eh? But I just feel scared. I wish some others will confirm this as being true so that I can book for my interview and go ahead to schedule and expedient interview.

Thanks for your response. Can I PM you for possible mocks in wait for my interview Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
With rare exceptions, visa applicants temporarily visiting Canada should apply at the U.S. Consular Section in their country of residence. If the applicant is not a resident of Canada, interviewing officers at the U.S. Consular Sections in Canada may not have experience in evaluating the circumstances in the applicant's country of residence. The applicant will, therefore, have greater difficulty establishing eligibility for a U.S. visa in Canada than would be experienced in the applicant's home country.

A substantial percentage of visitors to Canada are denied visas under these circumstances. Consequently, we strongly urge visitors to Canada to apply for U.S. visas in their country of residence.

Ubah1:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hello house. Can I make an expedited appointment now if I was denied once in July 2018?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mekurexx: 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
You could do that online but you have to appear at the embassy in Lagos or Abuja.
LolaCole1:
Hello, please is it possible to apply for F1 US visa while visiting canada?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mekurexx: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2018
I bet this has been answered but the extra charge is $10 (western union fee).
felixboye1:
Please somebody in the house. I asked someone in the US to help make $200 payment for my Sevis fee from the Western Union shop close to her. I gave her $200 naira equivalent. She is asking me if she isn't going to pay additional charges on the $200 Sevis fee. Please I need clarification from those who previously paid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by baidoorichmond1: 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2018
Good day

I was denied due to insufficient funds therefore I sent new bank statement (this time around my uncle is the sponsor but the school used the old bank statement on my new i20

How will it affects me during my visa interview?
Should I present the new bank statement or the old bank statement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mekurexx: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2018
You still have time to apply to new schools. If you go back to threads of 2016 and 2017, a lot of folks back then posted list of schools that applicants should research. Furthermore, depending on your grades, you can take an extra shot at applying for funding. I have never heard of Ashland Uni but whatever your circumstance is, there are lots of reputable universities to apply to. Its also better to apply to 3-5 schools to be on the safe side [quote author=Fablancer post=73495969][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mekurexx: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2018
I will speak based on my school's system. my school required folks to show naira equivalent of the exact dollar figure on the I-20. But for visa purposes, it is advisable (if you can), to show sufficient funds which means much more than what your school quoted
baidoorichmond1:
Good day

I was denied due to insufficient funds therefore I sent new bank statement (this time around my uncle is the sponsor but the school used the old bank statement on my new i20

How will it affects me during my visa interview?
Should I present the new bank statement or the old bank statement?

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.